main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Betrayals, Conflicts...and Love (JA, AU) - Updated 28/7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediClare, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    [face_blush] Thanks everyone :) I love you guys. :D

I hope that post made some sense...when I posted that yesterday I was still upset at my computer and having a mild case of 'flu. So...if nothing made sense, please, please ask. :)

2. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Up! More soon? Pleeeease?!

KenobisGirl :p

3. delta7_interceptor

delta7_interceptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
  4. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    "All clear," the aged pilot reported. "No incoming ships, scanners are clean, we're not being tracked. We're safe." Then he added, "For now."

"Good." Qui-Gon relaxed his white-knuckled grip on the headrest of the empty copilot's chair at last.

He stared out the wide front viewport at the green-and-brown sphere that was Shandav, brow furrowed, desperately thinking of a way to retrieve both Tyan and Obi-Wan safely from the planet before him, suspended in the inky blackness of space.

"Why?" Jan's voice from somewhere around his waist broke into his thoughts.

Qui-Gon looked down at the young girl, startled. "Why what?"

"Why aren't there any ships after us? Why aren't we being tracked? They were happily trying to kill us not ten minutes ago. They can't have let us escape so easily," Jan said.

He gazed silently at her for a few moments. "You're right," he said finally, puzzlement coloring his tone.

The pilot - Qui-Gon suddenly realized that they didn't know his name and had never asked for it - had swiveled around in his chair to face them, and spoke up in his hoarse voice. "It's a bloody trap."

Qui-Gon's frown deepened. "That is a rather extreme conclusion. Perhaps the Drancors are simply less eager to kill us than we think they are."

The pilot snorted. "Right. They were shootin' like Sith hell at us just now, an' they're not eager to kill us. I got a good look at the kid just now. What they did to your apprentice - Padawan, right? What the Force-damned snakes did to your Padawan, if that's not wantin' to kill an' hurt us humans, I don't know what is."

Jan agreed wholeheartedly with him, but remained silent. It was not her place as a Padawan to argue with the Jedi Master.

Pain flickered in Qui-Gon's midnight-blue eyes at the mention of how badly Obi-Wan had been treated. "I know. However, we need to be cautious. We should not make assumptions based on just what we've seen and heard - "

The pilot threw up his gnarled hands with a loud, exaggerated sigh of exasperation. "Look, standin' around talkin' ain't gonna help your Padawan. I don't want to walk into a Sithspawn trap. If you need to know things then go find out!" He jabbed a finger in the direction of a computer terminal. "And don't give me Sithcrap about mission briefs; those damn things don't give you enough information to fill a nerf-flea's brain and you know it."

Without waiting for the ominously silent Jedi to reply, he turned back to the controls of the ship, calling up a Holonet database on Shandav on the built-in computer terminal.

"There is the option of simply scanning the planet surface," Qui-Gon said quietly.

The pilot turned around, rolling his eyes. "We could - if this ship had the technology. It doesn't. An' if you want to go down there anyway - uh-uh. My ship, my rules. Look, there's a Jedi Master with your Padawan down there. She's perfectly capable of taking care of him for now." He turned back to his screen, dismissing Qui-Gon from his attention.

Jan slid into the copilot's seat and activated the computer on that side. Although it was not outright defiance, it was still a bold move that would earn her Qui-Gon's stern disapproval - if he chose to disapprove.

He did not.

Qui-Gon settled himself in the chair in front of the computer terminal the pilot had pointed to earlier. He turned it on, the blue-green glow of the screen flickering on his face as he waited for the systems to load.

And tried to push away that nagging feeling of dread.

>< >< >< >< ><

Two rows of shiny starfighters lined the underground hangar. It was small and unimpressive in comparison to most hangars in the rest of the known galaxy, but for the Drancors, this hangar and the customised starfighters within it was their most closely guarded secret - and their ultimate weapon against the despicable humans.

One strike was all that was needed. One strike, to wipe out the humans on their beloved planet. Just one, and the humans would be merely a memory of an annoyance.

Ssthith could hardly

5. delta7_interceptor

May 10, 2002
    U finally uploaded at last... :D

Great writing here clare, keep it up...

6. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Clare, that was amazing! I'm so glad you're posting again. I was nice and excited when I saw that this had been updated. :)

I hope Qui finds Obi soon, or else there won't be an Obi when he gets to him. :(

Looking forward to more!

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hurray- you're back. I was beginning to think you would never come back to rescue Obi-Wan :)

8. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Oh yeah, new post.

9. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Up? Clare, get back here right now! Please?

10. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    You´re back :D :D

Always this damn computers, I feel truly sorry for you, that must be a horror *grr*

And don´t worry, your fis is great!!
    Keep writing! ;)

Can anyone tell me, why I can´t like these Dracors? ;) At first they tortured Obi, than they poisened him and now they want to shoot him into pieces! But I have the certainm feeling that they will pay for their stupidity, or???

NEED MORE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !!!!!

Angel

11. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Clare LLY!!!!!!!!!!!! this fic is goooooood you irritating person.

well well...what have we next? We're done with betrayals...conflicts...what about love? hm? hm?

12. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I swear my fic is becoming a magnet for my classmates. :D

The next post should arrive sometime late this week or next week...if my diskette doesn't act funny - for the third time. Yep. I used another diskette, but POOF! there went half the post - again.

13. delta7_interceptor

May 10, 2002
    Its your own fault for telling ppl abt it... If u reeli din wan us to read it den dun sae anything abt it la... haha
    U had better up the next post asap woman... :d

14. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Up! Clare, come back to us! You can't leave this awesome story all alone. It misses you! :(

More soon, please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.