main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Betrayed- A Han and Leia Story-happy ending 4/19

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kimmi, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    No, I do think Han is good enough for Leia, he just let's his own insecurities get in the way. He made a horrible mistake this time, almost unforgivable, and I would think it would take more than just a dinner to get them back together, right? Leia should really give it to him good, because Han needs to be put in his place sometimes and Leia is just the woman to do it.

Great story! Can't wait for the next post!

2. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Good for Han hitting Levi I mean, on the other hand he had better calm down before he has dinner with Leia or he might never get back into her heart. I hope I am wrong!!!!

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee, I usually don't read this sort of story, but this is too intriguing to give up. Han and Leia are so funny together.

4. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    Coming out of lurkdom...

* [face_blush] looks at feet and blushes [face_blush] * ...

to UPPPP!!!!! This story is WAY to good for page 3. I am totally enjoying it...I just never have any intelligent comments to post :)

5. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    The dinner with Han should be interesting, but Leia needs to harangue him for his attitude and behavior towards her. He has not shown her one bit of remorse for cheating on her, and until he does, she shouldn't even consider taking him back. Good posts!

Good point. He hasn't expressed any remorse for cheating on her, or for his cruelty in making sure she knew it. Leia should not let him bully her. She didn't do anything wrong.

I do want to see H/L get back together, of course, but not so that Han gets away with his appalling behavior. I hope Leia addresses that this all boils down to his lack of trust in her.

6. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Kyr is Kyr'Rrhanna's nickname. She's my best friend and the Goddess of Revenge too.
    She's somewhat used to threatening any writer, who hurt Han and Leia or only one of them, and kill/torture the character, who is between them, veeery slowly. :eek:
    She's kinda like RogueSticks and her WMDs.
    In your story, they were both hurt and I don't think she would have enjoyed where your story went.

But, now they'll be together again (I believe you promised a happy ending, if I remember right) and Kyr won't be back before next week-end, so you still have some time. ;)

Yet, as I love this story, I'll protect you from her, as long as I enjoy reading it of course. ;) :p

Now, for your lastest posts, I loved them. It's great to see Levi being unable to harm them any longer.
    Looking forward to the dinner with Han. :D I think it'll very interesting and... instructive.

~Lelila :)

7. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Sorry it took me so long but I had a busy weekend. I'll try to do better this week.

Again thanks for the comments.

Chapter 16- Dinner with Han

Han shifted his weight nervously outside Leia's door. The conviction to make her listen to what
    he had to say waning a bit. Not that he didn't want to talk to her, to be with her. He did.
    He just knew that he had a lot of explaining to do. After all, none of this was her fault.

He had been pleased to see that his name was back on the list when he had arrived. He really wasn't
    expecting it to be. Leia was well known for her stubborness as well as her penchant for
    giving orders, not receiving them.

He nervously looked down at his attire. He was wearing a tight black shirt, open at the collar,
    black slacks with the blood stripes and black boots. He considered that maybe he should have dressed
    a little more formal.

Leia appraised her appearance in the mirror. She wasn't sure why she was so nervous about a date
    with Han but she was. He had been so angry on their last meeting. She wasn't even sure of why she
    was going. She was still debating if he deserved a second, no, a third chance after all that he had
    put her through.

She looked down at her figure hugging green frock and wondered if she should be dressed more formal
    since they were no longer considered a couple.

She was putting the finishing touches on her hair when she heard the door chimes. She knew that
    C3PO would answer the door and decided to let Han wait a bit. She didn't want to look too anxious.

Han entered the familiar apartment and glanced around uneasily. He had practically lived there
    in the months before their break up. He made himself comfortable on the couch all the while ringing his
    hands with nervous tension. He felt like a fool. He was acting like a school boy preparing for
    his first date.

"It's good to see you again, General Solo."

Han looked up at 3PO and smiled.

"Good to see you too, 3PO." He couldn't believe he was saying that. 3PO had always gotten under
    his skin, but, under the circumstances, he was glad to see the droid.

After several long minutes, Leia finally emerged from her dressing room. Han Looked up at her.
    He thought that she was the most beautiful thing that he had ever seen.

She offered her hand formally. He bent and placed a light kiss on the back of her hand then looked
    up to meet her eyes. He still couldn't read them. He wondered if dinner had been a good idea.

They left the apartment in quiet, neither sure of what to say or how to act.

They were seated at the restaurant and placed their orders before either of the spoke.

"I'm sorry." Han said simply.

Leia looked across the table at him her eyes slightly amused but still angry. Obviously,
    winning her back wasn't going to be easy. He looked into his drink and sighed deeply. Oh well, he didn't have anything else to loose.

"I thought that you were in love with someone else. I saw you kiss Velsar and I just jumped to the wrong conclusion."

Leia didn't speak, only eyed him over the brim of her glass, waiting for him to continue.

"It's just that Levi said.."

"Levi said? Levi said?" She finally spoke, her voice accusing, angry. "What about, I said."

"Well, I..."

"That's right." She continued cutting him off. "I didn't say anything because you didn't bother to ask me."

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"I made a mistake."

"A mistake? " She sat her glass on the table hard enough to make the silverware rattle. He finally
    looked up to meet her direct gaze. " I'd say that was little more than a mistake. I thought that
    after everything that we've been through together that you would have more trust in me than
    that."

"I was angry. I was jealous and I just didn't think. "

"Obviously."

"I..."

"You hurt me. You've treated me no better than those bar wenches that you used to see. Is that what
    yo

8. Sologirl

Sologirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2004
    Oh boy!! I did not expect that. Leia was still to easy on him, I'd say. But this Levi guy scares me.

More!!!

9. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    Levi is scary.

I think Leia was easy on him too but it wasn't out of character. Love makes people do crazy things.

10. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    Good stuff! Leia really let him have it in the restaurant. I think she's trying to walk a line between holding Han responsible and not pushing him away. Still, he needs to prove himself. He really messed up.

And I agree, Levi is scary. He's obsessed, and I think it's more with the idea of Leia than with Leia herself.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    At least they're getting back on the right track and they're not completely apart anymore. I'm just scared to see what Levi's going to unleash on them next.

Great post!

12. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    At least Han is beginning to realise just how many mistakes he has made. I agree that Leia was perhaps a little easy on him but I also agree that this shows the depth of her love for him that she is willing to risk letting him hurt her again.

I just hope that Han realises that had he more trust in Leia then Levis lies would have accomplished nothing, as Leia said I didn't say anything because you didn't bother to ask me. All it would have needed was a simple ?So, what?s the deal with this guy Velsar?? and Levis efforts would have been even more laughable to Han then they should have been anyway.

With luck Han won?t mess this up any more than he has already.

13. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Levi is that bad meal the keeps repeating!!!! I'd rather see him leave!!!

14. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    I just hope that Han realises that had he more trust in Leia then Levis lies would have accomplished nothing, as Leia said I didn't say anything because you didn't bother to ask me. All it would have needed was a simple "So, what's the deal with this guy Velsar?" and Levis efforts would have been even more laughable to Han then they should have been anyway.

Yep, that's like what I said back when this story was on HSP. Had Han walked in on her and Velsar, she would've said, "Oh Han, I'd love for you to meet my friend Velsar! He just told me some wonderful news: he and his wife are going to have a baby!" Then all this could've been avoided. Instead, he had more faith in Levi than in the woman he loved.

And for heaven's sake, all he saw was her hugging Velsar and kissing him on the cheek. He said, "I saw you kiss Velsar," as if they'd been playing tonsil hockey.

A simple "I'm sorry" just won't cut it. And I really hope he doesn't "seduce" his way back into her good graces.

15. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    yay now we find out that Levi is Hans Father recloned!... "Han.. I am Your Father" says Levi... "Ya right" replys Han and shoots him...
    THE END

16. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Leia may be taking things easy on Han, but I have a good feeling that she isn't going to make the courting process easy on him. I think she is going to make him really pull out all the stops to get her back. Afterall, he never courted her the traditional way in the first place. This should be fun, except for the evil Levi factor.

17. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Ah.... poor Leia! Hanny boy is really acting immature... *sighs* I just can't think of anything he could do to make it up to her at this point. :( :(

18. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    well welll well. I think I've found a much better method of reading. If I stay away for a few days, it gives you time to get a few posts up and then that means there are posts that anger me followed by posties that placate me. So I feel less of an urge to be violent towards your thread.

RogueTerrorist **|_|** protecting H/L from fanfic authors

19. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
  20. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    UP, UP

I think H&L is on the right way now. ;)

If I was a fortune teller I can't tell Levi too long life in the GFFA. People died for smaller actions against our beloved couple than his little play. [face_devil]

Zs.

21. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    By the by, the Han Solo Princess boards are up again, so you can read the unedited version of this story if you wish.

22. kimmi

Mar 15, 2004
    This is a short chapter and I think I will be finishing up soon. Maybe today. Thanks everyone for your comments. Now I'm going to work on the next part. It's been written a long time. I've just got to type it in. Kimmi

Part 17-The Inevitable

Days moved into weeks, with Han Solo relentlessly courting the Princess. She remained cool and controlled throughout the entire process. She received flowers on a daily basis, homecooked Corellian meals, and a steady stream of cards and letters. The subject of the last few months was avoided, but inevitably both knew that it would have to be revisited before their relationship could mend and progress.

Han sat quietly in his office debating the inevitable and finally decided that the time had come to
    talk seriously about where they had been and where they were going, no matter how painful the outcome. He was tired of playing games and she had kept him safely at arms length. He had managed a kiss now and again, but he longed for the romance and love that they had shared in the past. He wanted to hold her and love her into the night as he had once done.

Leia sat quietly in her office, ignoring the growing pile of reports and figures on her desk, debating the
    inevitable. She hadn't known if she could forgive him and she still wasn't sure. She knew that she loved him and that he loved her but the events of the last few months had been heartwrenching. She wanted to hold him and love him, to be with him every day and every night, but all she could think of was Mina's scantily clad form standing behind Han in his apartment. She decided the time to talk
    had come and they would decide their future, no matter how painful the outcome.

Levi had been quiet for the past few weeks and both Leia and Han hoped that he was out of their
    lives forever. The New Republic council had been informed of the fight between Levi and Han
    and both had been reprimanded, although delicately. Both men were invaluable to the survival and progression of the fledgling goverment.

Leia and Han met after a long day of work. Both were bleary eyed with fatique and worry. They
    stared at each other across a table alight with exotic smelling candles and with a centerpiece
    of Alderaanian roses that Han had ordered especially for the evening. Han reached across the table and took her small hand in his. Leia stared at their entwined fingers, trying to decide what to say.Thankfully, Han started the conversation.

"I've been trying really hard, Leia, but this is driving me crazy."

She smiled at him nervously. "Me too."

"I'm so sorry for everything I put you through. If I could take it all back, I would."

"But you can't." Leia's words were soft, causing him to strain to hear her.

"I know that. If it takes forever, I'll make it up to you. Just let me in. Let me prove to you that I love you." Han's eyes were pleading, almost desperate.

"Did you love her?"

"No, never. That was a mistake, a big mistake. The biggest mistake of my life."

"Then why? Why did you sleep with her and throw it in my face." Leia's eyes were downcast, trying to hide the tears that treatened to spill from her eyes.

"I thought you were sleeping with Levi. I thought you were in love with him."

"I can't believe that you didn't trust me enough to come to me. I'm not like..." She paused
    choosing her words delicately more to comfort herself than him. "..all those other women."

"I know. I don't have an excuse for that. I'm just begging you to forgive me. I love you."

Finally, she looked up to meet his gaze, tears brimming her eyes. She blinked them away.

"I love you, too. I want everything to be the way it used to be. I just don't.." Her words caught
    in her throat as she choked back tears.

Han released her hand and moved to kneel in front of her.She turned in her chair to face him.
    The light from the candles danced rays off light of her beautiful face and loosely bound chestnut hair. He reached up and stroked the side of her cheek, brushing a loose tendril of hair behind her ear. He finally took bo

23. kimmi

Mar 15, 2004
    One more chapter after this. :) Tomorrow I hope.

Chapter 18-Levi's Betrayal

Two days later

The sound of bells alerted Leia to Han's arrival. He was early, very early. Eager, Leia thought
    fondly. She left the kitchen and headed for the door. She didn't know why he was still using
    the door chimes. Just habit, she assumed devilishly.

She had to admit to herself though, she was a bit disappointed that he had arrived so early. She
    had learned to cook in his absence and wanted to surprise him with the fruits of her efforts.

She opened the door to find Levi standing before her. She rolled her eyes then smiled at him curtly.
    He held up his hand before she could say anything.

"This is just business. I've received a tip about
    another threat against the capital and I thought that you would want the information right away."

Leia considered the situation then stepped aside to let him enter. Despite her disdain for the man,
    any threat to the capital had to be addressed quickly. She hoped that she could get the information
    and send him on his way before Han arrived. Han would probably kill the man if he caught him alone with her. She would turn the information over to Mon Mothma and let her handle the situation until
    she could reach Han.

"Talk to me while I cook." She stated firmly going back into the kitchen. She picked up a knife and
    began to slice thin strips of Bantha meat.

"I see you've been practicing." He observed. She looked around at him nervously. Her force sense
    telling her that something wasn't right.

"Levi..I..The imperial threat?"

"There is no threat, Your Highness. I told you that so that you'd let me in."

Leia stopped slicing the meat and turned to face him, the knife held firmly in her hand.

"I could have given you so much more than that filthy Corellian."

Leia stood staring at him, numb with disbelief. She could have expected this from an imperial but not from
    one of her own men.

"No" She whimpered backing away, brandishing the knife in his direction.

An evil smile crossed his face as he advanced on her.

"Now I'm going to show you what I can give you." He moved even closer,holding his hands in front
    of him, ready for a fight.

"Go ahead, Leia. Cut me." He teased, "Fight if you want. I like it better that way."

She swung the knife at him, cutting a shallow wound across his abdomen. He looked down at the bleeding wound then back at her, still smiling. She swung the knife again but he caught her hand in a vice grip causing her to release her weapon. She screamed out in pain as he released her and harshly backhanded her across the face.

She went sprawling against a cabinet, glasses and plates shattering as her arms went through the
    glass front, leaving jagged cuts on her arms and face. He grabbed her shoulders and dragged her backwards toward him. Reflexively, she kicked her foot back, landing a forceful blow in the center of his chest.

He stumbled, breathlessly, across the room and bounced off a counter into a surprisingly powerful
    uppercut. His head popped back and into a pane of glass in the wall, slicing his scalp deeply.

Using his dazed condition to her advantage, Leia sprinted through the kitchen door. He threw
    himself at her feet, catching her ankle, bringing her crashing to the floor in front of him.

He was on her then, dragging her up by her hair as she struggled desperately to free herself.
    He caught the sides of her face and slammed her head into the wall, knockiing her unconscious.

He threw her limp body onto the floor and straddled her legs, allowing his hands to roam across her unconscious form. He ran his hands down the curve of her waistline, savoring the feel of her body finally beneath his. He moved to remove her shirt but only
    succeeded in rousing her from her unconscious state. She pounded on his chest as her tried to restrain her flailing arms. Without warning, she slammed her knee into his groin, sending razor sharp pains through his entire body and threw him off her.

Leia leapt to her feet an

24. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    WOOOOEEEE!! Evil Levi kicks the old bucket! Way to go Han! (and they got married? :eek: ) I guess Leia DID find it in her heart to forgive Han. ;)

Great posts!! :D

25. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I am just happy that Leia beat the crap out of Levi before Han arrived. Knife slice to the gut, kick to the chest, surprisingly powerful uppercut, scalp-wound on broken glass, and a knee to the groin.
    Now my admiration for Leia is quite extensive but even discounting getting shot by Han I think this is a little too high a price to pay for copping a cheap feel :)

I?m actually quite impressed with Levi though, after all that plus another kick in the jaw and a slam against a wall he still managed to throw Han back and get his gun drawn and pointed...makes me wonder if Han was letting Levi give him an excuse :)

He managed to throw Han back a few feet and aimed the gun at Han's chest.

?Oh! Oh! Oh!? said Han as he carefully ?staggered? back, ?I have been thrown off by Levi!?

Han wiggled his fingers as he held them over his blaster and waited patiently for Levi to gather enough concentration to remember how to aim his own gun. Levi finally managed to draw his blaster and started to bring it up in a rather wavery manner.

?Oh no!? said Han as he drew his blaster smoothly with all his practiced speed, ?Levi is about to shoot me, I just hope I can bring my blaster up in time!?

Han took a moment to make sure his blaster was set to maximum and he had it lined up on Levis heart, he could only justify one shot and he didn?t want to waste the opportunity. Levi had nearly managed to figure out which finger he needed to move to pull the trigger when Han decided to fire.

A flash of blaster fire and Levi fell in a dead heap on the floor.

I think Han might have meant fiance, but Leia must have forgiven him to agree to be married (or Han is assuming a great deal by considering her as being as good as his wife :) ). Not like Han had much time to think of the proper term for ?going to get married, but not married yet? :p

Great final post, had enough action for the writers challenge 6, shame it can?t be something reposted from another story :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.