main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Betrayed (Padme during her last moments)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LuminaraFan4Evr, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuminaraFan4Evr

LuminaraFan4Evr Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 14, 2006
    Light. white Light. It is all around me. CLean, surgical white. A hospital. That's where I must be. The children are coming. My children are going to be born soon. Where is he? Oh, Anakin will be so surprised to know there are two! I knew all along, a mother's instincts, but it will be such a surprise to him! Oh, there he is, sitting beside me, holding my hand, his voice echioing dimly through the daze that surrounds me.

No. It isn't him. It's... Obi-Wan. What is HE doing here? Where is Anakin? Why isn't he with me?

Obi-Wan's mouth is moving, but I can't hear him. My heart is exploding inside me, shredding itself with the force of the memories. I remember.

I remember following my husband secretly, or maybe not so secretly. I remember the horifying rage flickering in his eyes at the sight of his own Master. I remmber the heat and sparks in the air on Mustafar. And the last thing I remember is the feeling of his hands wrapped around my nrck.

He wanted to kill me. And unknown to him, he has succeeded/ I will die soon.

Obi-Wan was right. Anakin HAS turned to the Dark Side. He killed the Jedi children. He lied to me. He KILLED children. He tried to hurt me. He killed the CHILDREN. He betrayed me. He betrayed us all.

And he wanted me to join him. He wanted me to help him kill more defenseless beings, more innocent children. That's how far he has fallen.

This is not the Anakin I knew and loved. I try to tell myself to stay alive, to live for Luke and Leia, my twins. ANAKIN'S twins. They need me. They need me to protect them... from their own father. But in my heart I know I cannot live today and watch what more my husband will do, the new evils he will inflict upon the galaxy that loved him and worshipped him for so long. I know it is selfish, so unlike the Queen and Senator I used to be. But I can't. I cannot bring myself to watch my husband murder the beings he fight for for so long.

It would kill me.

Now the droids are dragging Obi-Wan away from me. They want to take him, too. I grab his hand, press Anakin's pendant into it. He lost a student, a brother, a friend. Anakin belonged to him, too.

The last thing I see is Obi-Wan, his blue eyes filled with grief, terror, and pain. And suddenly all I know is darkness. Darkness, and betrayal.

Forever.

Thanks for sitting all the way through that. Sorry if I murdered it. I don't usually write a lot of Padme stuff, so this was a first for me. Please R and R! Thanks!

2. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Very well done, you captured her broken heart so well and brought out a new emotion for Padme, the one of betrayal and loss, well done... keep up the great work.

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

That was so heartbreaking.

How sad Padme couldn't find the strength to go on without Anakin.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Amrita_Glittersong

Amrita_Glittersong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2007
    So sad! :_| You did a great job with her thoughts and feelings and, though I was never a fan of the whole 'dying of a broken heart' thing, you did it so well it was acceptable to even me. :p Very nice little ficcy. =D=

5. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Is this an AU story? It's pretty good.

6. Abeja

Abeja Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 25, 2007

The last thing I see is Obi-Wan, his blue eyes filled with grief, terror, and pain. And suddenly all I know is darkness. Darkness, and betrayal.

Forever.

*shudders* Poor Padme!
    She didn't deserve all of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.