main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Betryal at Echo Base

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LordPlagueis, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordPlagueis

LordPlagueis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Author: Lord Plagueis
    Time: The Empire Strikes Back
    Premise: I used the script only for dialogue, but all description and feeling is how I feel it happened after watching the movies. Just my re-enactment.

Hope you like.

2. LordPlagueis

Nov 18, 2004
    Luke adjusted his gear as his Tauntaun strode across the frozen landscape. The tauntaun cried out a gutteral moan as the bipedal lizard ran swiftly with the wind sweeping against Luke's goggles, flying to bombard Commander Skywalker and leaving as swiftly as it arrived. This planet was a testament to the rebellion, Luke thought as he strode across the frozen dunes.

The thought was dismissed almost as soon as it had arrived as Luke spotted a meteorite crash on the horizon. Luke drug his goggles off of his face, pulling his electrobinoculars from his saddlebag. He put them to his eyes, spotting nothing of interest. He set them back and quickly reached for his comlink.

Echo Three to Echo Seven... Han old buddy, do you read me?

3. LordPlagueis

Nov 18, 2004
    The shaggy beast reared on its hind legs, its nose exhaling a blast of steam, yet in this weather, nothing was warm. Han Solo, Captain of the famed Millenium Falcon rubbed his yellow goggles, wiping the condensation away, his eyes scanning the horizon for any objects of importance.

There is not a damned thing on this ice block, he thought, allowing himself an audible sigh. He could think of better places to be and none of his delerious visions included Hoth. Why the hell was he here anyway. The first thing to pop into his mind was a bratty Alderannian princess and a hot shot kid.

Ah, just a few more weeks and I will be able to pay Jabba back. Then I will get back into business. This hero stuff does not pay what it should.

The comlink crackled, alerting the middle aged smuggler to his friends contact. Luke was a bit naive but Han had to admit, no one could have made that shot at Yavin. It just seemed impossible, but Luke claimed it was the force. He remembered old Ben Kenobi, his crazy eyes and his damned sorcerer ways. That old man was trouble from the start, but Han wondered more and more each passing year. Who was the fool, him or Kenobi?

Echo Three to Echo Seven. Han, old buddy, do you read me?

Loud and clear, kid. What's up?

4. LordPlagueis

Nov 18, 2004
    Within the Rebel base deep within the blasted hollow of ice and snow there was a flurry of activity. Men, rebel troops, all rushed about to gain scope of the area, to gather up information and intellegence. Down the twisted paths of ice there was a makeshift command center. Many people now looked to Leia as a leader, and it was not witout it's pressures.

The beautiful woman stood before a console, her sleek form drapped delicately in her garb of a short white flight jacket and pants, her eyes intently focused on the activities outside. Yet within her mind she was lost in thought. Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, both men of honor and respect. While she would not mention it outright, a soft spot had grown in her heart for the rugged outlaw. Han's commanding tone, his sharp tongue, his knowledge, while to her mostly seemed brash and headstrong, was most times right. He fascinated her.

She seemed to be growing more and more aggitated as she stood here surveying the scene from her perch within the command cenert. Braids of nordic origin crowned her head, auburn locks twisting this way and that meeting and criss crossing as they formed upon her head.

Her heart for some reason too found a spot with Luke. He was so strong and had come such a long way since she'd met him, and for that she admired him. Still she had to know that without Han and Luke, the Rebel Alliance would be doomed. It was almost as if to her the feeling of resignation took over and she was becoming bitter about it...

5. LordPlagueis

Nov 18, 2004
    Luke sighed heavily from his mount, speaking clearly over the comm link with the shake of his head. The black speck which he saw was probably another patrol, he thought. He sensed something...well, out of place about it. He shrugged the thought away as he heard Han respond. He wanted to really check out that meteorite.

Well, I finished my circle. I didn't pick up any life readings.

Luke shook his head softly as the comm link crackled off. He wondered what the point was of these long and monotonous days searching for life on a planet that clearly couldn't support much. He wondered why he wasn't in Red five with Artoo fighting the Empire. He stopped thinking about it when the comm crackled back to life, Han's voice coming through laborously.

There isn't enough life on this ice cube to fill a space cruiser. The sensors are placed. I'm going back.

Luke had grown quite fond of Captain Han Solo since they'd met on Mos Eisley. Han was a man of quick wit and even quicker action. Captain Solo, who'd made the Kessel Run in less that twelve parsecs. He held such an affinity for Chewbacca and their ship, the Millenium Falcon. Han, however, did have an impatience which Luke found somewhat irritable. Perhaps it irritated him so much because he saw the same impatience within himself.

Right. I'll see you shortly. There's a meteorite that hit the ground near here. I want to check it out. It won't take long.

Luke clicked off his transmitter, returning it to the bag. He sat vigilantly as his Tauntaun nervously reeled, moaning in that shrill cry. Luke raised his hands to the beasts head, attempting to console it. Quite strange creatures, Luke thought, skiddish as any Womp Rat he'd ever seen.

Hey, steady girl. What's the matter? You smell something?

Luke reached for a life sign reader, making some adjustments when the shrill wind making its way over the frozen dunes was chased away by a deep howl. Luke saw the shadow before the cry, reaching for his blaster pistol.

He turned to see a massive Wampa charging him, but by then it was too late. Luke cried out as he was thrown to the ground by the creatures massive paw. He was unconscious before he heard the Tauntaun's horrible screams as its neck was broken. He didn't even wake up when he was dragged by the beast back to its lair.

6. LordPlagueis

Nov 18, 2004
    A stalwart and cold figure rode the worn Tauntaun into the now open entrance of the ice cave. Han Solo was glad to be indoors, yet in the back of his mind he wished Luke had come in with him. But the kid was wily and young, just the sort to brave danger and come out on top. As he climbed off his beastly mount, Han watched closely as Rebel troops bustled about, unloading supplies, securing their new base and just doing what military types do.

His eyes adjusted to the light as he pulled off his goggles. Yes indeed, it was great to be indoors. He strode purposefully towards the main hangar deck, gazing upon the beauty that was the Millennium Falcon, ignoring the vast array of X-wing fighters, mechanics, and R2 units which mulled about.

He smiled slightly at the sight of Chewbacca, watching his wookie friend work diligently on the Falcon, loving the ship almost as much as he did. A love hate relationship, yes, thats what they had with the old hunk of junk. The sparks from the portable welder showered down upon the deck but soon the tall companion shifted, lifting his face shield and growling an irritated greeting to his boss.

Chewie!

The reply was less than cordial.

All right, don't lose your temper. I'll come right back and give you a hand.

As the wookie put his mask back on and returned to his welding, Han Solo wondered for the last time, how in the name of Jabba the Hutt he got into this predicament. Sighing he made his decision. They would not be pleased but, well, Han Solo lived for himself and for the lure of credits. She would just have to understand. The kid would but he doubted serious if she would.

The makeshift command center had been set up in a blasted area of thick ice, the room a beehive of activity. Controllers, troops, and droids all moved about, setting up electronic equipment and monitoring radar signals. The old General, Rieekan, took notice at Han's
    approach.

Solo?

No sign of life out there, General. The sensors are in place. You'll know if anything comes around.

Commander Skywalker reported in yet?

No. He's checking out a meteorite that hit near him.

Rieekan pointed to the radar screen, clearly not pleased with what he saw.

With all the meteor activity in this system, it's going to be difficult to spot approaching ships.

Han seemed to hesitate, his nervousness apparent to the silent woman who watched this exchange, her piercing eyes peering into his intent. Han was never known for subtlety, so why start now.

General, I've got to leave. I can't stay anymore.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Well, there's a price on my head. If I don't pay off Jabba the Hutt, I'm a dead man.

A death mark's not an easy thing to live with. You're a good fighter, Solo. I hate to lose you.

Thank you, General.

Turning, Han feigned a smile at Leia, a bit annoyed that she said nothing to keep him around. Oh well, it was a pipe dream. What would an Alderaanian Princess see in him anyway. Yet he saw how she looked at him sometimes but.....no, it was just a smugglers dream. Han Solo was a loner and this day would be no different. Smug and arrogant, he turned from the Princess, clearly aware that she was annoyed.

Well, Your Highness, I guess this is it.

That's right.

She said it a bit to casually, once again hiding what was truly on her mind. She seemed angry to Han but this was a time he needed warmth and once again Leia Organa had none to offer him. A bit upset, he shook his head incredulously, adopting the witty and sarcastic tone that he was known for.

Well, don't get all mushy on me. So long, Princess.

Turning, Captain Solo left, clearly prepared to leave this ice ball. Whether she followed or not, well that was her call but he would not waste another moment on her or this rebellion. Han Solo had a debt to pay and by the stars, he would do just that.

7. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Good work!

8. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    This is some good stuff. Please continue. It might help your reader base to add the characters of the story along with the title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.