main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Better Call Saul (Spoilers within)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I don't think he has yet. And if he really did have a second wife, it's got to be her. But then I can't see her screwing his step dad, so I suspect that was hyperbole.

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    The ending has taken my Kim-crush to a whole new level.

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Bugger

4. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
  5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Who wants to be a bigwig corporate lawyer anyway

Darth Guy and harpua like this.
  6. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I think the show definitely picked things up towards the end. 10 episodes doesn't last very long tho... this is why marathoning years afterwards is fun.

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Jimmy facing east

[​IMG]

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't think Jimmy torpedoed his friendship with Kim by declining to interview with the law firm. She'll probably just interpret it as him wanting to strike out on his own again, not the he decided to be "Slippin' Jimmy with a law degree."

I do think that whatever's going on between them will eventually implode. The implications we got is that they had a "friends with benefits" or a even a full relationship going on for a while (though it's possible the "sex robot" thing is just her teasing him), and he's in love with her. She obviously cares for him, but she doesn't feel the same way. That's not going to end well.

Watch, I'll be proven completely wrong.

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    He'll move on to Francesca eventually.

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Sun must have risen in the west the day this picture was taken

11. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I'm glad the corporate shenanigans is over and the criminal element will be a lot more present next season. Good season overall though.

12. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Are they over? I doubt it. At least two major characters (three if you include Hamlin as a major character) are still involved with HHM, and I doubt they're all going to be written out after only one short season.

Plus, Jimmy's only connections to the ABQ underworld so far are Nacho (who terrifies him) and Mike (and Jimmy doesn't know about his side jobs yet).

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Chuck is Emperor Palpatine, scheming on his darkened isolated throne, and Hamlin is Darth Vader having to carry out his Master's will. Dunno who is the Wicket the Ewok analogue yet.

I do think Jimmy getting closer to scheming with the crooks as Mike takes on more dirty jobs being a thing in Season 2 (The only other Breaking Bad vet I hope joins up is Gus Fring, which would be the one I would be the most excited for). Hopefully Jimmy doesn't screw over the senior citizens too, that would be too heartbreaking for me. That's my personal line.

The Bingo scene was amazing. "B for Betrayal!"

Holy Cats, Bob Odenkirk is amazing in this role. Cranston was amazing as Walter but in a different way. Walter, for all his outward sad-sack-ness, never seemed that tragic a figure to me. He kinda burned out on his own way but in the end he flat-out admit that he liked it and it made him feel alive. Jimmy / Saul? This story is a tragedy. It's definitely in the same tone / thematic wheelhouse as Breaking Bad but it's dramatic turns are more personal small betrayals and mistakes - irony because we know how it all turns out - and less big WTF moments. Different but still very well done because the stylistic flair put into eps of Better Call Saul remains as high as it was on Breaking Bad.

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

The **** is wrong with you? Don't do that.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Finding Star Wars analogues is ingrained in my viewing DNA. Can't help it.

16. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I mean, I get that it's stupid to try and make random star wars allegories in other shows, but I wouldn't react to it as if I found out someone is a mass murderer or something.

17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I think you missed the humor in that post.

yankee8255 likes this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The follow-up to the season finale, "Marco", will be season two's opener, "Pollo".

19. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    That's not even the same word! :_|

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Come again?

21. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    "Polo" as in "Marco Polo" is not "Pollo." Though, yes, I know who "Pollo" would introduce. :p

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Right, but Pollo means chicken, as in Los Pollos Hermanos.

(although I really don't think Gus is going to show up this soon)

23. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    The key aspect, for me, of his decision not to take advantage of what Kim set up for him is that he owns everything that becomes of him. For all Chuck's sabotage, he had the chance to "make it" as an attorney at a respected firm. Money, stature, respect, it was all there for the taking.

Potential al series finale : after spending almost the entire series in the past, we finally jump forward to Gene, tired of constantly looking over his shoulder, and anything and everything to to with cinnamon, frosted sugar coating, and baked goods in general. Picks up the phone and calls Kim, asking her to represent him when he turns himself in.

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    If you've called the ending 5/6 years in advance, I'm buying you a beer. :p

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I wonder if Jesse or Skyler actually implicated him. That was never made clear. "Gene" definitely seemed more afraid of his former criminal associates; that wasn't a cop/Fed he thought was eyeing him.