main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Better Call Saul (Spoilers within)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That's horrible rubbish. Why would you even post that?

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Most trivia is, but a lot of people love it. Who knows, that info might help someone win a game of Jeopardy.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Probably not as its horse ****.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/34g1us/i_am_vince_gilligan_ama/

Gilligan AMA, haven't gone through all of it yet but he does say that characters from Breaking Bad could show up on Saul. Also more Nacho in Season 2! And to him the age for Kayee works out, despite suggestion that she is a vamprie. He sez:

"Anybody and everybody. The sky’s the limit! That’s the beauty of this format. The story takes place six years in the past, where all the Breaking Bad characters are alive and well, but that’s not to promise that you’ll see every character that we introduced in Breaking Bad. We’re still feeling our way through Jimmy McGill’s format, discovering how and why he becomes Saul Goodman -- and in the process, there's any number of directions our story can take. So I couldn’t really tell you even if I wanted to who will show up, or when. Better Call Saul is still very much a work in progress."

"We thought Nacho would be more present in Season 1 as well. We did not shy away from using Nacho as a character -- and we love Michael Mando, who plays him. This is a great example of how -- like it or not -- a television story takes on a life of its own. As a writer, you have to follow the thread of the story you’re writing, even if that means spending less time with certain characters. In other words -- to put it succinctly -- there was so much more story to tell relating to Jimmy and his brother Chuck that we writers found it hard to fit in more great moments from Nacho -- but don’t despair, you’ll be seeing much more of Nacho in Season 2. You heard it here first!"

"Kaylee is NOT a toddler vampire, to the best of my knowledge. Kaylee (as portrayed on Breaking Bad) is about twelve years old, and six years earlier she’s played by an actress who is about five, so her age is played out correctly to my knowledge."

5. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i saw the buh cuh suh season 1 blu-wayyyyyy at the store today. i picked it up off the shelf and walked around for a bit. then i thought to myself, "should i even bother?" i ended up putting it back.

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Aw why? I'm hoping to get it as a gift, from the fam.

DarthTunick likes this.
  7. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    well i'm sure they'll get it for you. i just don't think i like the show very much as it stands right now. i hope i am wrong and it improves as it goes along.

8. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    It's not great, so far. It's definitely not as good as "Ash vs. Evil Dead."

9. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    is that good? really? the trailer i saw made it seem awful.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I was never as excited about BCS as I was about BB anyway, and this looong wait for Season 2 to start isn't helping my enthusiasm level.

11. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    i want to see SAUL, not this jimmy cricket guy.

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It's a process. Sure, a BCS that started right away with Saul Goodman could have worked on some level, but seeing the path, the progression Jimmy is making towards the eventual person he becomes is much more fulfilling/entertaining as I see it.

TX-20 likes this.
  13. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    i dunno, i think i'd rather see the "adventures of saul" than "saul episode i: the phantom jimmy"

epic likes this.
  14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Mark your calendars: Season 2 - Monday, February 15th.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, and on that note...

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    More Mike would help Season 2.

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm more excited for this than BB in this respect: as I binge-watched that on Netflix, I didn't get the chance to talk with folks as the season(s) progressed, enjoying the discussions & so forth... thus, I'm enjoying that tremendously with this. Helps of course that the show's rather good.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I don't remember how excited I was for season 2 of BB.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    IIRC, I wasn't excited for Season 2 of Breaking Bad. I binged watched seasons 1-4 and probably didn't really get into the show until the middle of season 2.

20. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I've been rewatching Seasin 1 in preparation for the new one, it really holds up well.

Looking at the promo photos, especially how he's dressed, it looks like he took the job offer.

Maybe part of what sends him further towards Saul is the realization that the high priced clients he represents are no better than the drug dealers he's avoided so far.

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Or he's jazzing himself up to give a better appearance when representing clients, though I think your theory makes a little more sense. :p

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Premiere tonight!

23. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Guess we're gonna be talking about what that light switch does for at least a week... probably the whole season. :p

24. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I thought the premiere was decent. It was good to get a few minutes of Mike and Nacho (and PLAYUH). The scene with Ken was fun and the Zafiro Añejo callback was a nice touch. The teaser for the rest of the season definitely has me looking forward to the next nine episodes.

25. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Rather enjoyed it, a slow start, but in a good way. Loved the BrBa references, though I missed the tequila one until I read about it.

Mire than anything, curious how they go forward, sooner or later I think the show page is going to explode forward, probably when we least expect it.