main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Better Call Saul (Spoilers within)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Jan 12, 2015.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Aside from Jimmy's less-than-stellar qualities that we know about, Chuck's got to have some jealously that factors into his contempt for his brother, hence the nature of that flashback scene with their dying mother.

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Jimmy does the wrong thing for the right reason, and genuinely cares about others, Eben his brother who has treated him like dirt for as long as we know. Chunk plays by the rules, but for himself and no one else.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yeah, he hides it behind honouring the law, but it seems to boil down to pure jealousy at the moment.

4. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    And ego. He cannot stand to have people think he was wrong any more than he can stand to have people (mom, (ex-?) wife) like Jimmy better than him.

And it probably doesnt need to be said, but absolute brilliance all around yet again. Can't believe we have to wait a year for the continuation.

Diggy and Rylo Ken like this.
  5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Did you guys hear about this?

Take the first letter from each episode this season:

Switch
    Cobbler
    Amarillo
    Gloves Off
    Rebecca
    Bali Ha'i
    Inflatable
    Fifi
    Nailed
    Klick

Gives you this:
    S C A G R B I F N K

Unscrambling the letters, spells out a little message.
    F R I N G S B A C K

yankee8255 and Diggy like this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So, if Mike had just killed Hector as Nacho wanted, he would have avoided a dead good-Samaritan and and the need to kill Hector...

And having said that, assuming Mike's "Don't" note is from Gus, if Gus didn't do that, Hector wouldn't have killed him.

7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Do you mean, if Mike had killed Tuco as Nacho wanted? Sure he might have saved a good-Samaritan, but Hector would have brought hell to Albuquerque for the death of his nephew.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Finally got caught up with this season by watching the last episode last night. More good stuff. I did not like Chuck before; now I really don't like him.

I wondered about that note... I wasn't quite sure who to think could have left it. Maybe I missed it, but what is the Gus theory based on?

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    EHT

It's pure speculation because he is bound to show up eventually. Of course it could easily be an unknown player.

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Ah, OK... thanks. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a clue.

11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Mike becomes Gus's head enforcer at some point prior to Breaking Bad as far as we know. We also know Gus has a complicated relationship with Hector.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

If Gus is brought into this series, then it's a two for one deal. Meaning, it's not only a story about Saul but as for Mike as well as his story arc doesn't really tie in with Jimmy.

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I'd love to see Gus in this show. Mike's story arc did tie in with Jimmy at least some already in BCS (the Kettlemans case and Jimmy being Mike's lawyer for the Philadelphia situation). And Nacho is a repeated link between them both and the future, too. Gus becomes Mike's primary employer, but on the side Mike does work for Saul Goodman too (as a private investigator and cleaner). Mike is also the contact through which Saul introduces Walt to Gus.

14. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm going to guess that Better Call Saul is Better Planned Out than Breaking Bad was in its first 2 seasons, and that making it about the breaking bad of both Jimmy and Mike has been fully mapped out over the entire series.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That would be 100% contradictory to what Vince and Peter have said, Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken likes this.
  16. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, to the extent they had plans, they've been changing it on the fly quite a bit. Jimmy was supposed to be Saul by the end of Season 1.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  17. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I guessed wrong! I'm not interested in the show's podcasts, etc. or what the creators have to say about their intent really. The work speaks for itself and gives the impression, false or not, of utter control and mastery over its own content.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I wish you'd listen. Your input would be most enjoyable.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  19. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    The podcast is great, the ones with Seehorn in particular.

20. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Also, not sure what T-shirt I'd rather have : Pollos Hermanos or U of American Samoa Law School. Thoughts?

Rylo Ken likes this.
  21. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Wasn't the original spin off idea supposed to be about the rise of gus - or did I imagine that?

22. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    honestly Gus is a great villain. TV's first obsessive-compulsive, gay aspberger's-suffering drug lord.
    I'd go for the law school t shirt

DarthTunick and yankee8255 like this.
  23. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    My understanding, based on the podcast, is that BCS started out as a joke in the writers room that started to sound better and better as time passed.

24. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    what's the title of the podcast again? I'll check it out.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Rylo Ken Better Call Saul Insider

yankee8255 I actually own a Pollos Hermanos t shirt, it caused great amusement for my non english speaking old latina lady neighbours. I do really want a University of American Samoa sweatshirt, though.

Rylo Ken likes this.