main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Better Call Saul (Spoilers within)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    If Chuck is cut, you're effectively cutting Howard as well.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    If Chuck and Howard are cut, then there needs to be a new antagonist. Not sure who that would be.

One of the reason why the show is so successful are the little character moments like when Jimmy still pays his film crew when he barely has enough money to do so. It makes him a sympathetic character. One day, I may watch Breaking Bad again just to see how I view Saul Goodman with a new perspective.

BigAl6ft6, Rylo Ken and Diggy like this.
  3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Still room for him to figure into Kim's world, assuming she's not gone with Chuck at season's end; also, the aftermath of a post-Chuck HHM focusing a bit on Howard could work.

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    How would he fit into Kim's world at this point? She has no ties to HHM. He could possibly try and steal back Meda Verde, I suppose.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I not sure this season will be the end of Chuck. Looks like Chuck is trying to overcome his "illness" by running through downtown at night for full electrical exposure.

I personally hope Chuck gets better and leaves with his wife. Sure, he's an a-hole, but Jimmy has already pretty much beat him at every turn, so I don't think Chuck deserves a fatal ending.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think Chuck will live, and if not, he's not going anywhere until the final season, whenever that is.

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Not necessarily. Out of all the characters, Howard still has the most mileage because we have barely scratched the surface with him. Dealing without Chuck or perhaps whatever happens to Chuck could be huge. For instance, it could push Kim over and she ends up back with Howard but now it's HHW. That's certainly an outside possibility. First, Chuck would be gone so Mesa Verde might be willing to go back and second, Kim would be in a strong position to push not just for partner but for name partner after what she's been put through.

I doubt it will go that way, but it's one of many possible plot points.

As for Chuck, he needs to push Howard away. Then his fate will be exactly what Jimmy described: dying alone and in pain in a hospital.

8. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    I'm still hoping my Finale dream pans out, Gene decides he can't take Cinnabon anymore, picks up the phone to call the best defense attorney he knows t o represent him when he turns himself in.

And maybe testifies to get Skyler off the hook as well.

DarthTunick likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    IIRC, Gene exiles himself in a witness protection type of way.

10. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    I just got caught up and was thinking the same thing while watching it. It obviously has to do with investment in the characters. For me, it was exciting, but it would be a terrible time for a new viewer to tune in. This show is definitely made for people that watch a series from beginning to end at full attention.

Do we do spoiler tags in this thread? Just in case:
    The show did a great job building up to Nacho's turning on Don Hector. I don't recall how many episodes earlier it became apparent that Nacho was not happy in the Hector gang. Lot's of great pauses and facial expressions by the actor to show the father plan wasn't an on/off switch, just the straw that broke the camel's back. Michael Mando just might be my favorite new actor (to me) from the series. He's killing it.

11. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    oops. Took a month off from TFN and accidentally double posted. Ring rust.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Does Saul ever do anything altruistic in Breaking Bad that shows his inner Jimmy? Maybe setting himself and Walt up with new IDs? (Okay, that's more him looking after himself but he at least helped out Walt too)

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Most of Saul's interactions in Breaking Bad are with meth dealers and murderers. We see Jimmy's altruism come up when dealing with innocent people such as seniors being scammed by a nursing home or college students who really need that $100.

yankee8255 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    We really don't see much of him at all in BrBa, when you think of it. Who knows what he's doing off-screen. His one moment of altruism, or something near it, was when he tells Walt to turn himself in.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I just remember Saul Goodman being a scumbag of an attorney in Breaking Bad, with his multiple cell phones and stacks of cash. Although, I remember his first appearance when Jessie and Walt took him out to the desert to kill him but ended laughing at them and giving them advice.

16. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I thought at times in BB he was acting like a voice of reason tho , trying to keep people from going too far etc.

17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I hope we see him play at least one game of laser tag in this show and fall in love with it because he seems enamored with it in BB.

18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I love when Jimmy is "directing" the ads wearing that Panavision cap. [face_laugh]

Only thing missing is a THX tee.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Last night we saw Nacho use ibuprofen, the worst drug of all.

Darth Punk likes this.
  20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And it looks like Kim is going to give Jimmy his first illegal lawyering gig. I did not see that coming.

21. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Kim's interaction/confrontation with Howard was beautiful.

Also I just now realized that the guy Nacho had to rough up to save face for Hector is Crazy 8. Not sure if that was mentioned earlier.

22. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    One question I had been wondering is whether Jimmy could work as a paralegal for Kim while he's suspended. She could certainly used the extra help. There's a big grey are as to where "para" ends.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't know what the laws of New Mexico nor the details of Jimmy's suspension by the NM Bar regarding this, but I would think Jimmy could serve as a paralegal/legal assistant since he won't technically be practicing law. But, I don't think the show will go the route of paralegal Jimmy, especially with the scene of Jimmy threatening to sue the "Community Service Monitoring" guy.

But yeah, I love the subplot/friction with Kim and Howard. There was so much smugness and subtle jabs at each other in the lunch scene. Soooo good.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's good to see the character of Howard used effectively without Chuck being involved/there.

I wondering why Nacho wouldn't just put 1 "bad" pill in with the good pills. I guess he's on bit of a time crunch and doesn't want to wait for Hector to finally take the one bad pill in the bottle. Either way, it was cool seeing Nacho practice the bottle swap. The show takes nothing for granted and reminds us that these people are human and can and do make mistakes like normal humans do.

I didn't entirely understand the Mike / Gus scene at the end. Was it just setting up future events?

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't think we're suppose to fully understand the ending scene between Mike and Gus. What that scene did reveal is that Mike wants to have his bag full of money cleaned so he can give it to his family/grand daughter in the event he dies. And Mike and Gus can't show publicly they are working with each other, so it has to be something more covert and/or subtle. Something that will unfold in future episodes. Basically, the scene is just planting the seed.

I think Nacho used multiple pills to ensure results and speed up the time line as his father is in danger of falling in with Hector.

We also saw the literal version of "Slippin' Jimmy."