main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Better ending for Ep 1

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by DarkLord_Gryphon, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLord_Gryphon

DarkLord_Gryphon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2003
    I think instead of Maul, Dooku should of been in Ep1 also. I think if Dooku was in Ep1, it would of been better. And Yoda should of fought Dooku in ep1. Dooku's best line in Ep1 would of been "The Sith is back, when i left you i was just a learner, now i am the master" Yoda says "You are jut a master of the Sith Dook". But before that Dooku should of killed Qui Gon. Qui Gon's line would be "If you destroy me, there will be a more powerful Jedi than you, that you can not possibly imagine." Then Qui Gon would say "I have sensed the chosen one and you will not even compare to his powers"

I think after that, Anankin should of been 19 and got together with Obi wan and they would both lead the ships to the Federation. Anankin would destroy Federation. And Jango Fett should of been in Ep 1. Jango could have been the one who would lead the Federation air attack like Vader in Ep4. Than Jango would get kncoked out of the battle by Obi Wan. And Dooku would live while Nute gunary is killed in the explosion.

2. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    No. [face_plain]

Maul was killed as a plot point to show how Sidious needs to keep replenishing his apprentice supply.

Anakin should not have been 19, otherwise we wouldn't get the "Life and Times" of Darth Vader. It's a psycological thing that we see him as a kid, then a teen, a man, and then a tyrant. Plus having him be 19 would make him leaving his mother much less traumatic.

Thank God Lucas is writing these movies and not the fans, huh?

3. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    I don't think so.

4. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Well,I just don't think that would work.it's better the way it is :)

5. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I disagree. And those tie in lines are WAY too similar to ANH.

6. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    Not that the way it is is any better, but that just wouldn't work, sorry.

7. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah, I don't think that would have worked out too well...Though the though is a bit amusing. Sadly I can see the whole thing in my head...

8. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I think not. Now if Dooku were added in the end at Kamino and we see the back of Jango and we hear him say "He'll do perfect" then it might work out but otherwise TPM is fine. Dooku would not kill Qui-Gon, maybe fight but I don't think he'd kill him, at least not intentionally.

9. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I tend to think that the battle with Maul, was a great ending. Plus showed the strengths of those Jedi during this "Golden Age".

10. DarthTorgo

DarthTorgo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2002
    I don't know about you guys, but I've always thought TPM should have ended with a good 'ole fashioned college frat party instead of that stupid parade. It would have been really daring and "different".

11. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    I would choose Maul over Dooku any day. I'm one of those who thinks Maul's character went to waste. *SIGH*

12. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Maul was simply a destuction agent while Dooku was more of the person you really want as a right hand man. He could start wars make treaties etc. Maul was just someone to say "go kill ********"

13. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
  14. Detective_Storey

Detective_Storey Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    Dooku does not need to be added to the Funeral Scene. It would negate his status in AotC.

"It's a pity our paths never crossed before. Qui-Gon always spoke very highly of you."

Plus, the big thing about that scene was the fact that Obi-Wan doesn't trust Dooku, even when the Count plays as if he's on the same side.

"Traitor"

Now, if the Dookster had shown up earlier at Qui-Gon's funeral, that would have given Obi-Wan a reason to have some faith in Dooku.

~manual sig clue~
    Two drops of blood....

15. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    i dont think yoda would have called Dooku "Dook".

and, i think GL was trying to tie in the endings of all three of the OT. The delicious fanfare from ANH with the Gungan, Nabooian coming together, the depressing realism from ESB (when yoda realizes that obi wan will train anakin no matter and yoda knows what will happen and how darth vader tells luke he is his father and the end of ROTJ, burning the one who brings balance to the force. If qui gonn didn't believe in anakin, it just wouldn't fit.

thats what i think, GL knew what he was doing in the end of TPM, and if you think of it like that, it connects the OT pretty well

16. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Please, someone make him stop now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.