main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Better Than a Knight in Shining Armor (L/M - SJRS Feb Challenge)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Feb 12, 2012.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Better Than a Knight in Shining Armor
    Author: Briannakin
    Timeframe: 41 ABY - Where My Heart Is AU
    Characters: Luke and Mara
    Genre: Romance
    Notes: Written for SJRS Feb Challenge. The mundane task I got was packing for a trip or mission and as part of the challenge, I have to incorporate romance into it. I KNOW I write too many hurt/comfort sick-fics, but I wanted to do something a but serious and meaningful instead of mindless-mush (not that there is anything wrong with mindless-mush).

Luke entered his bedroom to find Mara asleep on their bed. He was ecstatic that they had mended their marriage, but that feeling was dampened by the fact that Mara had bone cancer. But still, even if she was bald, pale and thin with capped ports coming out of her body, she was the image of beauty. Cilghal had given her a two-day break from her chemical treatment and Luke had taken two-days off from his duties as Grand Master so they had gotten two wonderful days together at home. Unfortunately, the days hadn?t corresponded with Lover and Beloved?s day, which was today and Mara had to be back in the Halls of Healing on her treatment by the afternoon.

Luke silently got out their bag and began filling it with his nightwear. Mara had taken to wearing his pajamas since it was easier for Cilghal to check on Mara?s chemical ports when she wore his baggy pajama pants and his old undertunics. He slept in his Jedi robes now¬-a-days because he often fell asleep at her side with them on.

Mara let out a moan. ?Luke??

He cringed. ?Sorry for waking you, love.?

She shook her head as she sat up. ?It?s fin-.? She didn?t finish her sentence because she began to black-out.

He dropped the tunic he had in hands and rushed to her side. He got her to lean against him and took the glass of juice high in iron off the nightstand and pressed it to her lips. ?Drink, Mara,? he ordered.

She drank as he held both her and the glass. With anyone else, being so weak and vulnerable would make Mara extremely uncomfortable, but with Luke, it just felt right.

Mara pushed the glass away once she was finished. ?Help me to the ?fresher.?

Luke nodded, got up and retrieved his sweater, her socks and her headscarf. He gave her his sweater to put on; she had taken to wearing his sweaters as well, simply because they smelt like him. He knelt down and put her socks on for her; the bone cancer was on her back, which made bending forward extremely painful for her. Finally, he put the pink headscarf on her bald head and kissed her.

He helped her up and she clutched him as they made their way to the refresher. If Palatine could only see her now; wearing Luke Skywalker?s clothes, holding onto her knight in shining armor. Only, he was better than a knight in shining armor ? he was a Grand Master in Jedi robes with a lightsaber hanging from his belt.

Mara did her business and joked, ?This whole cancer thing isn?t so bad. You still get to see me naked on Lover and Beloved?s day.?

Luke chuckled. ?I do. Maybe, if you feel up to it, we can close the curtains in your room and do naughty things with you on top of me.?

?Alright,? she said as he helped her back to the bed. ?Just remember to lock the door this time. We don?t need to traumatize any more apprentices on night-duty.? She sat herself on the end of the bed next to the bag to make sure he packed everything she wanted.

Luke blushed. ?Yeah, we keep forgetting to do that don?t we?? He continued packing, putting in underwear for both.

?Hey, that?s your responsibility.?

?They should know not to disturb us when the curtains are closed,? Luke muttered, packing a few items of clothing for himself ? he had long excused the few articles of robes he had at the temple.

Mara rolled her eyes. ?Can you also pack some family holo-movies? If I am not feeling up to some fun tonight, we can still break the rules. You can get in bed with me and we can stay up late and watch them.?

?Why,? he raised an eye

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Bri, you are the master of turning angst into mush. Very sweet! [face_love]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    D'awwwwwwwwwwooooon! Bri!

Luke's gift was sweet - love the crystals; - charm bracelets are wonderful! But Mara's [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

It's what we coined in another fandom as a you-box. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Humongus squee!

I adore it that Mara's the one who kept it!

Yes, her secret's out. She's more sentimental than Luke. [face_laugh] [face_shhh]

I love it when they snuggle up cozy and cute and when they're naughty LOL

[:D]

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Weren't you the person who complained that my newest fic was too sad?

I love that their love is through sickness and in health. I couldn't imagine those two any other way. Well done.

5. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    [face_laugh]

yeah, all you people who complain about angst need to shut it. ;)

Nice fic, Bri. I'm glad that Mara has Luke!

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    :_| [face_love] :_| [face_love]

You're making me cry, Bri! You need to write me some smut to cheer me up!!!! [face_devil]

Very sweet, if so hard and sad to read. Luke and Mara are wonderful together. Their love is as strong as ever. And Mara's allowed to be sentimental on occassion. LOL

Very sweet. [:D]

7. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    You are awesome at mushy-angst. Or is it angsty-mush? It's so gorgeous though. Keep writing!

8. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Blaster power pack? Hehehehe... That was a romantic moment to remember! :D
    Great job on combining angst and mush!