main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Better Than Fine (H/L mush...sorta)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RogueSticks, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    This was written in response to the H/L fanfic challenge for the month. I kind of added a little twist to it...but...eh. My story, I'm allowed. ;-) Enjoy.

"Will you go to sickbay now?" Han asked his wife as he passed her a glass of water to rinse her mouth out.

She rinsed and spit before bothering to reply. "How many times do I have to tell you that it's probably just the apoxian flu? A few more days and I'll be fine."

"That's what you said last week," he countered darkly and reached out a hand to help her to her feet.

"I'm fine. It'll go away."

If anything, his expression darkened. But his tone was in complete opposition to his glower. "All right. Next time I come home bruised, bloody and tired and I tell you I'm fine, it'll go away and I just want to sleep, you'd best be prepared to tuck me in like a good little wife."

"Fine," Leia ground out through clenched teeth. "Just don't whine at me when they have to amputate your legs from gangrene."

"Deal. And you don't whine at me when they tell you that you have to take three weeks off of work to be treated for Corellian fever when you could have gone in before it got serious and gotten the stupid shot."

"Nerf herder."

"Stubborn bantha."

She narrowed her eyes at him and marched out of the 'fresher back into their bedroom. "Why are you being so insistent on this?"

"I want to make sure you're all right. Call me selfish but I prefer you alive and healthy as opposed to catatonic or dead."

With a rueful shake of her head, she turned to face him. He noticed her hands had gone to the well-worn spots on her hips and knew that she wasn't going to see reason. "I throw up a few times and in your head I?m already in a coma?"

"When is your first meeting today?"

"I have about one standard hour," she said warily, cautious of his sudden change in topic. "Why?"

"I just wanted to make sure that there was enough time."

"Enough time for what?"

"You to go to sickbay."

"How many times do I need to say this? I. Am. Not. Going. To. Sickbay."

"Yeah, you are." A small part of her mind was aware of his intent before he moved; but he was still quicker than her. Within seconds, he'd picked her up and flung her over his shoulder.

"Han Solo! You nerf-herding son-of-a-sith! Put me down!"

"No." He ignored her flailing and carried her out to the main room where Winter and C-3PO were preparing Leia's notes for the day. They started at the sudden appearance of Han with a fuming Leia draped over his shoulder. "Don't get up. We're just making a quick trip to sickbay. She'll be back in time for her busy schedule to start on time and make her even more cranky."

"I'm not cranky," she protested to the small of his back. He offered no reply, just moved for the front door. When she sensed his hand reach for the release, she tugged the side of his trousers. "All right. All right. I'll come along quietly."

He paused and she felt his body relax. "I'm not sure I can trust you. You're worse than a toddler with vegetables when it comes to medical stuff."

"I don't think I have much of a choice. You've apparently decided that I'm going to sickbay. I would rather not make a public scene by showing up flung over your shoulder like you're some barbarian on his way home from a hunt." The irritation in her voice was plan and he winced inwardly. She'd be upset with him for days for making her do something she didn't want to do. But, it was an ire he was willing to live with to get a little peace of mind concerning her physical health. He grinned. Mentally, he knew that she was bonkers. She'd have to be to put up with him as a husband.

"Okay. But one wrong move and it's back up you go," he warned as he set her back on her feet.

"Whatever. Let's just get this over with. I'm looking forward to saying 'I told you so'." Without so much as an angry glare, she shoved past him and pushed the release for the door.

Leia sat silently fuming on the medical examination table. How dare he presume to

2. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I see what you mean about the twist. I never though Han would have to be the one telling her...

Anyway, that was a great story, RogueSticks :D

3. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    hehehe...nice! Very nice!

4. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Besides, she never could concentrate when Han Solo was in seduction mode. [face_laugh] ROFL!

"Yeah," he grinned brilliantly at her. "A little me running around screaming who I can teach sabacc and flying to."

Ohh...this was so funny! But so sweet! [face_love] Really nice, especailly the quip about the twins at the end. :)

5. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Very, very, very good! :) I liked Han having to tell her--it was FAB! :)

6. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    awwww...how adorable!!! Great job Rogue!!!! I definitely loved your *twist* :)

7. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    That so sounds like her - almost too busy to notice...
    REb

8. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing it!

9. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    crystalrain I never though Han would have to be the one telling her...
    I wouldn't have thought of it either...I have no idea what made me think of it in the first place. But I'm glad you liked it!

KatarnLead hehehe...nice! Very nice!
    ::bows head:: Thank you. :) Thank you very much!

Bellyup Really nice, especailly the quip about the twins at the end.
    :) Thank you! The quip came from the NJO series when Han is holding a hat that Leia gave him when the twins were born. I believe it said "Congratulations, it's a BOTH!"

LovelyLea Very, very, very good! I liked Han having to tell her--it was FAB!
    THREE verys? Either you're in the government business or I'd wager you really liked it! ;-) Thanks for the praise!

Miska awwww...how adorable!!! Great job Rogue!!!! I definitely loved your *twist* :)
    ::goofy smile:: Adorable? That's such a great compliment! Thanks much! And I'm pleased you liked the twist!

REBADAMS7 That so sounds like her - almost too busy to notice...
    I'm glad you think so! I was afraid that it was a bit of a stretch having Han tell her that she's preganat.

Dally Very nice! Thanks for sharing it!
    Anytime! Thanks for reading it!!

10. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    What a great twist, Sticks! As I'm sure you know, I love your writing. You know Han and Leia so well--this was very in character. It was an interesting switch from Would Be Worlds (which I also love), in the sense of the timeline. Awesome work!

This may just be another stupid question of mine, but, how is your basic training involved with this war? They don't ship people in basic training off, do they?

11. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    Puggy As I'm sure you know, I love your writing.
    I know ;-)
    This may just be another stupid question of mine, but, how is your basic training involved with this war? They don't ship people in basic training off, do they?
    Well, my basic training isn't involved. I had a meeting with my unit commander before I signed up for the DEP (delayed entry program, every enlistee has to enter it) and he liked me. A bit too much. Like, he liked me enough to think I was good enough to do my job overseas. Now, I'm starting at Brooks Institute in July (which is probably the most prestigious film and photography school around) and being sent overseas would be a serious crimp in those plans. So, I told the army to stuff it for now. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is stopping me from going to Brooks. lol. Touchy subject, can you tell? And to answer your second question, they don't activate anyone until they have completed both basic training and A.I.T. (advanced individual training). whew. that was a lot of information. Hope that answers your question. lol.

12. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    That was a great story..and quite different from the wife tells husband theme. Glad I cut and pasted to read it. :)

13. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Great story!

<--- Sucker for any and all forms of H/L mush

14. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    mutley That was a great story..and quite different from the wife tells husband theme.
    Thank you! I do try to write away from well worn paths. :)
    Glad I cut and pasted to read it.
    I'm glad you cut and pasted it too!

Daughter_of_Yubyub Great story!
    Gracias! Gracias!
    <--- Sucker for any and all forms of H/L mush
    Who isn't? Lol.

15. Kirana_Ti

Kirana_Ti Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    AAhhhhhhhhhh that was wonderful.
    Cute, sweet, romantic, loving.
    Excellent fic.
    And great idea about Han having to tell Leia. :D

16. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Nice story.

17. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001

Besides, she never could concentrate when Han Solo was in seduction mode

LOL, who could???? [face_love]

Wow! Everytime, I thought I found my favorite line, another came along to out do it. :) Nice twist. In fact, I think I prefer it that way with them. Very good job, RogueSticks

J_Girl

18. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Awww, this was sooo cute. I totally loved it. I loved how Han had to tell *her*. That was a great twist I have never seen before. Like how it ended, too. Great little fic all around! :)

19. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Awwww...how sweet :) I loved the twist! Great story!

20. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    Wow, I'm a very negligent author here. I totally forgot about checking this fic and now I have all sorts of readers who probably feel as if I'm ignoring them. I'm not! I'm just forgetful!
    Kirana_Ti AAhhhhhhhhhh that was wonderful. Cute, sweet, romantic, loving.
    All the things I was going for. :)

Spike2002 Nice story.
    Thank you! ::ego expands to size of a small moon::

J_Girl LOL, who could????
    Certainly not me if my dreams are any indicant of my reaction to Han Solo in full blown seduction mode.

Wow! Everytime, I thought I found my favorite line, another came along to out do it.
    ::huge goofy grin:: Thanks so much! I'm glad you actually had favorite lines to pick out.

StonedRose Awww, this was sooo cute. I totally loved it. I loved how Han had to tell *her*. That was a great twist I have never seen before.
    I've never seen it either. Lol but now that we've said this, some author from the abyss will pop up and claim originality to the idea. Of course, I'd want the fic to prove it (this of course is just a ploy to get more H/L fanfiction). Glad you liked it though! And since you're in MY fic, I can take this opportunity to nag you for more of YOUR fic. Nag. Nag. NAG.

RebelPrincess Awwww...how sweet I loved the twist! Great story!
    Gracias (I was using 'thanks' too much. i had to shake things up a bit). :)

21. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    if only they knew....

-jj00

22. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

LP scratches head...

Was I in a coma or something when this came out?

How could I have missed this?

It's wonderful, RS! Beautiful characterization all around, lovely dialogue, and...and...WOW!

I really enjoyed this little piece!

And...I guess better late than never!

23. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    Y'know, I coulda sworn I reviewed this, RogueSticks. Because I remember reading it and loving it- however, my computer and the JCF don't really get along...

Anyhoo, the ficcer was absolutely fabulous. I would elaborate, but I have two finals tomorrow. *nods sadly* And I have studied for neither one, and it is 10:03. So, I have accepted it as my fate to fail both my history and my math finals, and now I must return.

24. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Besides, she never could concentrate when Han Solo was in seduction mode

hehe, who could blame her? [face_love]

Great fic! :D

25. RogueSticks

Feb 15, 2003
    Wow, it was quite a surprise for me to come online tonight and find four more reviews for this. This fic has gotten so much more feedback than I ever had hoped. Thank you all for reading!

JainaJag00 if only they knew....
    ::grin:: They HAD to be at least a little aware considering how well they know each other. I'm sure Leia didn't expect to have children that caused NO trouble given Han's personality. Lol.

LadyPadme Was I in a coma or something when this came out?
    I'm thinking it was more like you were in hiding from my flame thrower. I do believe it came out around the time you posted some sort of chapter that I was displeased with that of course resulted in me threatening you. This probably won't help you figure out where you were though seeing as you regularly post chapters that make me borderline pyromaniac ;-)
    It's wonderful, RS! Beautiful characterization all around, lovely dialogue, and...and...WOW!
    ::blushes:: Considering how much I respect your writing, that means a lot. Thanks.

Sunshine however, my computer and the JCF don't really get along...
    I have that same issue. It's like Hatfields and McCoys when I log on here.
    Anyhoo, the ficcer was absolutely fabulous.
    :-D We are talking FAB-U-LOUS! Sorry, couldn't resist. Glad you liked it Sunshine. I aim to please....most of the time.

Princess1 hehe, who could blame her?
    Certainly not I. ::lascivious grin::
    Great fic!
    Thank you, thank you. Glad you popped in to read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.