main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

between 5-6

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by leiaandpadme, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leiaandpadme

leiaandpadme Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2006
    what happened between empire and return of the jedi with the main characters? all i know is that all of the main characters matured.leia dosent have her spunkiness any more and luke looks older.

2. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Luke matured.
    Han stayed cool (in carbonite).
    Leia snaked an outfit from a bounty hunter named Boushh.
    Jabba got fatter.

In all seriousness, I think most of the exploits betwwen 5 and 6 were described in a book called Shadow of The Empire.... I think.... something like that.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Yeah, Shadows of the Empire gets lamer with time. I tend not to like any EU that happens after ANH.

4. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    I quite like Shadows of the Empire and think it's one of the best books in the EU catalogue.

Basically:

Boba Fett doesn't go directly to Jabba so the Rebel Hero's attempt to chase after him and they have some entaglements with the Imperials. Luke returns to Tatooine to build a new Saber and await Boba Fetts arrival while Leia, Chewie and Lando attmept to contact the biggest crime syndicate, Black Sun to ascertain who is try to assassinate Luke. Eventually, Leia and Chewie meet Black Sun's head, Prince Xixor on Coruscant while Luke receives a message meant for Leia and assists in the capture and safe keeping of the Death Star 2 plans. Luke gets captured and as Darth Vader arrives to take custody, Lando breaks Luke out and tells him that Leia's on Coruscant and in danger. So they go to Coruscant where Leia is falling under the pheremone spell of Prince Xixor. They rescue Leia and as they escape, they find themseleves in the middle of Vader's fleet destorying Xixor's Sky Hook and Xixor himself. This is because Vader discovers that Xixor is the one trying to kill Luke to gain the Emperors favour and for revenge against Vader who had wiped out Xixors home planet and his family years earlier. The Hero's escape to Tatooine and the Emperor and Vader plan the trap at Endor. And so starts ROTJ :)

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Sounds interesting, Darth_Falcon. Does this book keep up with the Saga canon? I ask because I have read details about Splinter of the Mind's Eye and found that book to be laughable, so I refuse to read it.

6. Darth_Falcon

Aug 11, 2002
    There is nothing in this book that goes as far as life restoring crystals ;)

Actually, George had input into this book so it's about as canon as EU can get.

Also, the opening chapter stars the Emperor's holo conversation seen in ESB (pre DVD version of course) and the last scene is Luke recording the hologram message for Jabba so it ties in well. We also learn how Leia gets the Bouush outfit, how Luke makes his new lightsaber and as I have said above how the trap is unfolded for the Rebels to attack the DS2, among other things.

I think it's a good read, adds more to the characters and shows the transition from ESB to ROTJ clearly. :)

Oh and it's Xizor not Xixor as i mis-spelt above [face_blush]

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Well, Splinter of the Mind's Eye is the worst example for EU canon anyway. ;) That's like asking whether to buy a Ferrari because you heard bad things about Italian cars when a friend had a Fiat Uno :p

8. leiaandpadme

Feb 4, 2006
    cool.what happend between 4-5?

9. Sinjin_Sith

Sinjin_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2006
    Wow that EU story is so busy. I know he's involved in some real world action in it, but when does Luke atually get to "relax" and train peacefully, as a Jedi should?

I imagined him training feverishly and calmly exploring the Force day in day out on Tatooine.. maybe eventually succeeding in levitating his X-wing as Yoda did. Upon ROTJ, the biggest explanation people ask for in their heads is probably, how did Luke suddenly become this badass we see at the start of this movie?

OK, you gotta make a book exciting I guess!... but that EU kinda spoils my personal way of legitimizing Luke's unprecedented rise. :)

10. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    what's the time span between 5 and 6

11. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    6 months -1Year [face_peace]

12. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Shadows of the Empire was a terrific read. It showed a great deal of maturation on Luke Skywalker's part. It showed in tremendous detail from how we last saw him in Empire to when see him again in Jedi. Also Vader wanted to off this dude named Prince Xizor.

13. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    What happened between 5-6?

Dash Rendar happened! :cool:

14. leiaandpadme

Feb 4, 2006
    u killed this forum.anywho.........what is ur fav. scene with padme in it?

15. Darth_Falcon

Aug 11, 2002
    Ah i don't think this is the right thread or board to discuss padme ;)

16. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Shadows of the Empire is one of my favorite EU books (not that there are many I like to begin with). I think one of the best parts is the end when Luke was recording the message for Artoo to play for Jabba.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Thanks for the info Darth_Falcon...I'll be sure to pick that book up.

18. Darth_Falcon

Aug 11, 2002
    No problem, hope you enjoy it. :)

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.