main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Between Feelings ***A Obi-Wan/Sabé love story***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by trust_jedi_owk1, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trust_jedi_owk1

trust_jedi_owk1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2002
    Title: Caught Between Feelings (PG)
    Author's Name: Flip-Wan

Author's Email: jedi_flip1@fanforce.net

Summary: Qui-Gon Jinn has now become one with the Force. Obi-Wan Kenobi was appointed to Jedi Knight, his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker. But only weeks after returning from Naboo, Obi-Wan is confronted with his personal feelings and the powers of the Dark Side within him.

Disclaimer: All recognizable Star Wars names, places and resources aren't owned by me, but by the great Jedi Master himself, George Lucas and Lucasfilm Ltd. Nothing was settled to get me paid to write the story out of his characters, but only wanted to write it because the Force was telling me to. And out of some good ol' fun. I give some credit to Melyanna's "Behind the Mask" and ForceAchtungBaby's "A Jedi Must Not Know" for their ideas in potraying some parts in this story. Risha and Joline were however my own creation under Flypsyde Productions. So, I still own some of the disclaimer. Ha. Ha. (J/K--but those names are mine and I really don't have my own production company)

Key Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Mace Windu, Sabé, Queen Amidala, Jar Jar Binks

Time Frame: A few weeks after TPM.

Spoilers: TPM

Author's Note: This is the first Star Wars story I actually finished. And I'm not
    saying I'm a fool for love, but with everyone's insights on the whole Obi-Wan/Sabé relationship and they should be together I couldn't help but write my own version of it as well (This is more a few weeks after they first meet.) If you like this story I would like some feedback (but would like it either way). Who knows maybe you'll get my version when they first meet.

All things in * are italic (thinking). Double ** are the evil creature talking to Obi-Wan. Indents over more than they should are memories of the past or dreams.

2. trust_jedi_owk1

Nov 2, 2002
    It's been weeks now since we left Naboo and returned to the Central Republic of
    Coruscant. It was rough to face the Temple in the same way. A Jedi Knight was killed
    only weeks ago by the hands of a menace. A Sith Lord. That Jedi was Qui-Gon Jinn, my
    master and mentor. My friend. He never died the way a Jedi should of. He never died the proper way a Jedi was suppose to. He was suppose to disappear and become one with the Force like a true Jedi. He was placed on a funeral pyre, with me doing the honor in lighting it. I watched with pain as his ashes blew into the wind to the Naboo valley. Several Jedi, guards, handmaidens, Gungans and others witnessed it. But I must of felt the worst pain.
    Everyone from the Temple gave their regards to me, knowing I was still recovering from my Master's loss. And for that requested to go under a Healing Process. But it was time to move on. However, Anakin knew too much of loss. He had to leave his mother back on Tatooine, still a slave. He had to leave Padme to begin his Jedi training. And he watched with all of us as Qui-Gon's body was consumed by those flames. And though he heard doubts of him ever coming half the Jedi any of us became, he would prove us wrong. I knew. He would change the Order like no other Jedi could. This boy was the key to changing the Republic and the Order forever. But how? I cannot say. He would become the most powerful Jedi ever. He would make his mother proud. And Padmé.
    It was late into the night as I finished my lightsaber sparring with Master Yoda. Though many had their doubts on the old green master ever touching a lightsaber, I knew what he was capable of. I've seen him in battle before, and no one could compare to his style of fighting.
    "An exceptional wielder you have become, Obi-Wan," Yoda said during the training to distract me.
    I was better than to lower my defenses. I wasn't going to do it again, like I did when my Master and I had faced that Sith. I would never give into the anger I felt. I couldn't and I wouldn't. I would never give into my fear for Anakin's future or hate for ever lowering my defenses to that Sith. I was now a Jedi Knight, but even the hidden feelings could escape from the Healers' grasps. I was always one who kept to myself, which has gotten me into trouble.
    "Thank you, Master." I replaced the lightsaber at my side.
    The little Master leaned against his gimmer stick and looked at me, a smile to his face. "An excellent teacher you will become, Obi-Wan. And a memorable Jedi Knight like your Master."
    "Thank you, Master Yoda. May the Force Be With You."
    "And May the Force Be With You, Obi-Wan."
    I bowed, respectively and left the room in the same fashion. The halls were quiet except for the few Masters who were addressing their clans late into the night. I entered the corridors leading to the condos, each shared by a Master and their apprentice. I walked into the closest one, once mine and Qui-Gon's, now mine and Anakin's. Qui-Gon's roomwas left untouched since the day of his death, and Anakin's wasn't too far away. Mine was on the far end of the room. I scowled to find pieces of droids laying all over the room.
    It was late, I was tired. *I'll deal with you in the morning, Anakin.*
    I treaded to my room quietly and closed the door behind me. My room was much like the other Jedi my age, except for a few hidden places. A bed designed to fit only one person, centered the room, a drawer with clothes fit for traveling in, a bookshelf full of studies, a desk used for educationally purposes and a holovision for days when I had nothing better to do. Though it was forbidden to treat ourselves to life outside the Temple walls, a secret compartment laid hidden under my bed alongside all the other drawers holding my clothing. It held a journal, drawings, photos of friends I had met on missions
    alone, a laptop to communicate with my fellow Jedi friends and others around the galaxy, a lyric book, etc. Though I wasn't much of a good writer, or freestyl

3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Oh God that was sooo sad, but at least Obi Wan told Sabe how he felt, this is a wonderful fic and I hope you write losts more I'm sorry I have to go and finish a large box of tissues now.

4. trust_jedi_owk1

Nov 2, 2002
    Hey, thanks Hananiah.
    I didnt think it was much of a tear-jerker. Most of mah friends haven't given meh feedback i can work with. but no seriously, thanks. :D
    so, i havn't really got the time. but i'm gettin dere in gettin sum other stories done. mahbeh i'll post dem on when i get down.
    keep reading and keep writin' :cool:

5. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Oh I hope you post again and don't worry I'll keep posting with lots of meanigless babble in between fits of tears.
    You did really well

6. trust_jedi_owk1

Nov 2, 2002
    Hananiah, hey, thanks agn. :) so, yeah. i am, actually right now. keep up ur work and i'll keep up mine! :cool:

7. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Hey!

I was never one for romance fics, but I must admit that I really enjoyed this one! It was really sad though. "Go in peace, Sabé. Go in peace, Master Qui-Gon. May the Force Be With You."
    The wind danced about me and whispered, "May the Force Be With You, Obi-Wan.
    Always and forever." The voice of my mentor, my Master and my friend, Qui-Gon Jinn and
    voice of my true love, Sabé.
    I smiled ruefully and descended the stairs.

That part right there was great. Great job, and nice fic! :D

Edit: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I mispelled "fic" and it came up to something else!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

8. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    AWW! THAT WAS SO SAD AND SWEET! I'M GLAD I READ THIS!

9. trust_jedi_owk1

Nov 2, 2002
    Hey, thanks diamond_pony2002. I try, i really do. But a lot of my friends liked the story too, so yeah. I'll be getting another one up in the next few days, so keep an eye out. :)
    Keep reading and keep writing!

10. Myxie

Myxie Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2003
    Hey that was an awesome fic! :D

11. trust_jedi_owk1

Nov 2, 2002
    Hey, Myxie. Glad you liked it. :) I'm still trying to figure out if I'm a good writer or not. A lot of ppl say i am, but i aint convinced. idk. i juss, i judge mahself juss wai too much. i should really said.
    but, all, keep an eye out for my next story. my internet is down at the moment, (using skewl internet) but i'll get it on the web by the end of the week! :cool:

12. SobiFan

SobiFan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    That was so good :( but so sad. Wonderfully written, I liked how you did everything. Bravo!

13. trust_jedi_owk1

Nov 2, 2002
    Well, thanks for the comment, sobifan. Glad that u liked it. it isn't everyday i go and write romantic stories anyways. but keep an eye out for other stories to come in the future.
    mtfbwya (may the force be with you always)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.