main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Between Love and Hate I: What's a girl to do! ( Link to the sequel up) 6/12!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    A-kriffing-mazing!! I am most impressed. I just read the entire fic to date in one four-hour marathon session. keep up the good work and DON'T kill Ryker. Love bringing Ganner back from the 'dead.' This rocks.

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Yay for new reader! :) I know what happens. :: chants to self :: ;)

3. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

Alright guys, there is not going to be a post today. As most of you know I'm a Resident advisor (RA) at my college, and this weekend is Carousel. Which has't left me a whole lot of time to write.

FYI: RA Carousel is when all the current RA's interview all the RA applicants for next year. It's a two day process, and i take it very seriously because i may have to work with some of the people we interview. But it's kept me away from my computer.

sorry guys :(

4. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    *comes in really late* Sorry! But great job on all of the chapters I missed. Really! Amazingly well done.

Whoever said you can't use passive voice in papers should die! Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. Research papers suck! ;)

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    It's cool, Rose. Good luck with that!

6. C3P0_R2D2

C3P0_R2D2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2005
    Oh kriff, I'm about to go read about 90-ish pages.

It has J/TK in the title, so I must read it!!!

Sorry, I have a YJK addiction going on here.

7. C3P0_R2D2

Jan 23, 2005
    Done now.

Must have more J/TK!!! Must!!

8. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Neo-Paladin- Lots a action. It kept me locked on without a doubt.

thanks! Action is something that doesn't come easily to me. I've never been in a fight, i've never taken any forms of martial arts. I sort of rely on what i've seen in movies or what i know from Ballet to get me through action scenes.

It was great to see them all rolling through a pitched battle. The internal monolgue was good too.

Yeah, i'm trying to tie things together now. I used the monolgue to cover that i don't know what i'm doing :p

Jaina_Solo_16-Wow. That was great. Loved the fighting stuff. Tahiri definately needs to have mush sometime soon though.

Thanks! well without giving away the ending, she gets some, but it's not that great. For any realy Tahiri/Ryker action you're gonna have to wait for the sequel ;}

I can't wait until the next post. And now I have to wait a week for it too. Oh well. I'll get over it.

Yeah and now your actually waiting longer because RA stuff came up sorry :(

Anyway, thanks for the dedication. That's the first one I've gotten so it's neat.

You're welcome! :D I use it as a method to try and get lurkers to post.

RK_Striker_JK_5-Oh, man! That scarhead did not just stab Ryker!

Yeah, yeah he did :p

Oh, dayum! He did! Go, Tahiri! Give him some slicage around the neck area!

Yeah, Tahiri was already stress, i would not make her angry. ;)

And she got pretty philosophical there. Weird...I never thought of her as a 'thinker'.

Yeah, i don't like that. We never get to see into tahiri's head. She's really become the main character of this story accidently. I wanted to sort of open her up to new interpretation. :)

Great post, Rose! Ryker better be all right or...or...well, I don't know. But I'll figure seomething out!

Boycott my story o_O

Valin_Halcyon- Woah! Tahiri is showing a little emotion for Ryker there.

Just a little but not to much [face_whistling]

Kazzy-I think it would extremely unfair of ou to kill Ryker. I take a stand right now, and say i don't think you should do that. You've managed to save Jacen, but please don't kill Ryker, please. What would that do to poor Tahiri?

It would be extremly unfair to kill ryker. That's why making you guys so nervous is so much fun [face_devil] I mean i said people were going to die. And yet everyone seems to forget that i said the sequel was mostly about tahiri and ryker. [face_thinking]

On the other hand, there were some awesome fight scenes in there and loved Jacen's fall - very nice!

yeah i couldn't in good concious kill jacen, even if i wanted to. I just wanted everyone to think i'd kill him.

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo-*pants* Finally caught up. Great stuff!

YAY your back [:D]

hollynkesten-No it doesnt end until everyone is safe, and Tahiri and Ryker are together, and Jaina and Zekk are together, end of story... keep up the good work, get Ryker better soon!

Wishful thinking huh ;) Everyone doesn't always end up together, I write stories not fairy tales :p

Fireyforce-AWWWW common!!!! no killing Ryker that way. Tahiri is gonna go truly nuts if Ryker dies the same type of way that Anakin had. Let the guy live!!! Great post by the way.

LOL I think i'm finally doing something right, if all my readers are mad because i'm possibly killing off an OC. I mean i alwats wondered if i was good writer or not, i must be doing something right, because you guys might kill me if i kill ryker :p

Flaming_Sword-I do still want to get PMs every once in a while, but I'm really far behind in my reading, so if I don't give thorough replies sorry!! Nice job on the last post!

It's ok

9. C3P0_R2D2

Jan 23, 2005
    *starts to twitch*

Not fully fleshed character??

*twitches more*

Oh well, when's the sequel?

10. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

as soon as this ones done. Which should hoepfully be soon. I hope to have the sequel posted by may. :)

11. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Yay!!!
    A sequal!!!
    I love sequals!

When's a new post gonna be up?

Gwenevere

12. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Whenever the Beta gets done with it. :)

13. C3P0_R2D2

Jan 23, 2005
    Who's the Beta? I'd like to go threaten them.

14. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

You can't threaten her. Techincally the post isn't supposed to go up until tomorrow anyways. I post every sunday (when i can manage). The Beta isn't online right now anyways :p

15. C3P0_R2D2

Jan 23, 2005
    Who is it anyway?

16. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Jaya Solo. She's an awesome beta too! ;)

17. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    The Beta is busy tonight, and i couldn't wait to put the post up. I never can :p so Here it goes unbeta'ed. I hope it's readable

This weeks post is dedicated to ZebulaNebula and C3P0_R2D2! :)

Post Ninety-Three
    ?How bad is she, Luke??

?She?s taken a bit of a beating. She?s out of the Bacta tank. Her skin looks fully healed from the dark lightning, but she?s still unconscious.?

?How did she end up on Yavin 4?? Leia asked quietly.

?I'm still not entirely sure, only her and Zekk really know. I'm just grateful that Amaryllis was there to stop Brakiss in time.

?Stop him in time! My baby is in there, burned, bruised and beaten! What was she doing while Brakiss was frying her?? Han yelled incredulously. Leia put her hand on her husband?s chest. ?She?s not dead, Han. I'm sure Amaryllis did the best she could.?

Han stepped away from his wife. ?I?ll tell you whose going to be dead when I get a hold of him, Zekk. What was he doing while Brakiss was frying her? I'm sure it was his fault that she was in harms way in the first place. That street rat probably kidnapped her, and was in the process of ransoming her off when they got caught.?

?Han, please. I'm sure Zekk wasn?t doing anything wrong.? Leia tried to calm him. ?Jaina was slightly upset with him at the Hapes ball. I wouldn?t be surprised if she did something rash. I'm sure whatever happened, neither of them thought Brakiss was still alive.?

?How is he still alive, Luke?? Han snapped, ?I thought he died in the last battle of Yavin 4.?

?I had suspected so as well, but as I was meditating one night a vision of him came to me. He was recruiting troops again. That?s when I got in contact with Amaryllis. She?s a little known Jedi knight. I trained her myself; last time I spent some time on Dathomir. She was also working with the government, so she was a perfect person to send to Yavin to wait for Brakiss. I instructed her to try and turn him. When we realized that wasn?t possible, I instructed her to watch him and the first punishable thing he did, to call the authorities.?

His comlink beeped, hurriedly he answered it ?That was Clighal. Jaina?s body is physically fine. They can?t find anything wrong with her. Unfortunately, she is still unconscious. All were waiting on now is for her to wake up. I have the feeling she?s struggling with something, either something that she did or something that was done to her. She?ll probably wake up when she?s finished. It?s Jaina, she?s dealt with worse.?

?She?s a Solo. So she?s going to make it.? Han assured himself.

?I?ll take you to see her now.? Luke turned on his heel.

The door opened before they got there and three heroes of the republic stopped short to see who would come in. The pitter-patter of little feet and the rush of blond and red hair running towards them soon answered the question.

?Uncie Han? Jade screamed in delight. Han knelt down and scooped her up in his arms.

?How?s my favorite niece?? he asked her tickling her with his beard.

She giggled, ?I'm your owny niece.?

?Sorry Luke, Jade refused to go to bed until she saw Han.? Mara shrugged ?She?s incredibly stubborn.?

?Just like her mother,? Luke added, patting Ben?s head. "We were just about to go see Jaina."

?Can I come? I wanna see Jayna,? Jade whined. She looked hopefully into Han?s eyes. Han looked at Mara helplessly.

?It?s time for all little Jedi?s to go to bed.? Mara told her. Jade pouted.

Han put Jade back down on the floor and knelt down to look in her eyes. ?How about tomorrow I tell you and Ben the story of the Gamorrean Fighter pilot?? He looked over at the yawning red head standing by his father, Ben nodded. Han turned back to Jade. ?How about it kiddo??

?Owkay.? She sighed and went back over to her mother.

?I?ll join you just as soon as these two are in bed.? Mara took the two kids hands and led them back out the doorway.

?By the way, have either of you heard from Jacen?? Luke asked as he led them out of the room and down the hall

18. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Good stuff. A bit more of what was going on behind the scenes came out here. Zekk is doing really well all things considered. I know I'd be making with the lightsaber-ness. ;)
    Come the next morning Zekk is going to be putting the falcon's speed records to shame me thinks. o_O

19. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

we'll first he's going to have to find a ship. His is still on Yavin 4 :p

20. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Well, I hope Zekk and Han don't meet up over Jaina's bedside. I have feeling all would not go well. In fact I have a suspicion it would all go to custard - particularly for poor Zekk, who really hasn't been having a good time lately. He a ball of frustration right now, though, isn't he? Or he would be if he could think straight. Sounds like he really needed that sleep. I hope it was sleep and no one tried to drug him or anything!

Great post, Rose, really great! :)

21. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    Ugh is Han in for a surprise when Jaina wakes up and tells him the real story. *shivers* why am I not seeing a happy Han here? YAY sequal by May!!! That'd be great!! Poor Zekk!! Hope he finds a ship soon, and that morning comes "quickly" for him. Jaina needs him I have a feeling in order to wake up. How about everyone lives? No, *sighs* I'll leave the death in this fic to Rose, she's free to choose whomever she wants even if it is *sniff* Raynar :_|.

Fireyforce

22. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Poor Han and Zekk! I wonder how they're gonna wake Jaina up...

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, poor Zekk. And poor Han. Yeah, having them meet over Jaina's bed...bacta tank...whatever would be a bad thing.

Great post, Rose. And I'd never boycott your fic, dudette. It's too good.

24. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    thanks for the pm. good post, thought Han's reaction was classic

25. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Wow, you're gonna keep us guessing until the last few words of the final post. A sequel, you say? Yeehaa!! Now just watch Han and Zekk get into a fight in Jaina's hospital room, and she ends up having to mediate between her father and her boyfriend, upon waking up from whatever she's in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.