main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Between Love and Hate I: What's a girl to do! ( Link to the sequel up) 6/12!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I'm a-waitin' for Han to blow up completely when Zekk gets there. That should be amusing to see. :p And I smell possible death... [face_devil]

2. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

I'm not going to tel-lla [face_devil] You'll just have to wait and see what happens. And of course i like to keep you guys in suspence as long as i can :D

3. C3P0_R2D2

C3P0_R2D2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2005
    I'd like a PM.

That street rat probably kidnapped her, and was in the process of ransoming her off when they got caught.

He's got it all backwards, doesn't he?

Nice post.

4. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
  5. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    loved it, as always, although id kinda hoped that Zekk would be on his way to see Jaina by now and not waiting because Lukie is being a stinky head

6. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I don't like that lady... There is a perfectly good reason for why they were on Yavin. Jaina was having a panic attack and kidnapped Zekk. :)

You did an awesome job on betaing your own post! :) I'm proud. :)

Yeah, sorry I didn't get around to it. I was busy writing my own plot bunny. ;)

7. Flaming_Sword

Flaming_Sword Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I've back up to speed! (finally ,sorry!!) great post by the way!!
    *Flame*

8. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Glad you caught up Flaming Sword :)

9. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Neo-Paladin- Good stuff. A bit more of what was going on behind the scenes came out here. Zekk is doing really well all things considered. I know I'd be making with the lightsaber-ness.

trust me, he's trying real hard not to make a lightsaber mess. Then again, he's also exhuasted to.

Come the next morning Zekk is going to be putting the falcon's speed records to shame me thinks.

well i'm sure he'll try as soon as he commanders a ship. But of course he's going to have to fly through the Maw, which i don't see people doing too fast.

Kazzy- Well, I hope Zekk and Han don't meet up over Jaina's bedside. I have feeling all would not go well. In fact I have a suspicion it would all go to custard - particularly for poor Zekk, who really hasn't been having a good time lately.

aww come on, you know in my story there bound to meet up and everything go wrong. Zekk just gets the short end of the stick this story :p

e a ball of frustration right now, though, isn't he? Or he would be if he could think straight. Sounds like he really needed that sleep. I hope it was sleep and no one tried to drug him or anything!

Oh no, he just really needed sleep.

Great post, Rose, really great!

thank you thank you [face_blush]

Fireyforce -Ugh is Han in for a surprise when Jaina wakes up and tells him the real story. *shivers* why am I not seeing a happy Han here

come on, don't you think when Jaina tells him what happens Han's gonna chuckle a little bit. I mean he only did about the same thing years ago for Leia. Of course, Han is "do as a i say, not as i do" kinda person ;)

YAY sequal by May!!! That'd be great!!

well thats assuming i get this story finished soon. This story has really gone on longer than i ever expected it too

Poor Zekk!! Hope he finds a ship soon, and that morning comes "quickly" for him. Jaina needs him I have a feeling in order to wake up. How about everyone lives? No, *sighs* I'll leave the death in this fic to Rose, she's free to choose whomever she wants even if it is *sniff* Raynar

Don't worry i don't think Zekk will have a problem getting a ship. We'll we've already had on death in the story, so everyone didn't live. You'll see soon enough whose gonna die or not, and don't worry about Raynar ;)

Valin_Halcyon -Poor Han and Zekk! I wonder how they're gonna wake Jaina up...

Oh don't worry. You can't hold a sleeping Jaina down for long :p

RK_Striker_JK_5- Oh, poor Zekk. And poor Han. Yeah, having them meet over Jaina's bed...bacta tank...whatever would be a bad thing.

Bed, she's out of the bacta tank now. Yeah I have the feeling Han will be his usual "shoot first, ask questions later" mode when Zekk arrives [face_devil]

Great post, Rose. And I'd never boycott your fic, dudette. It's too good.

awww thank you. I feel so loved now :D

Jedi_Master_Mouf- hanks for the pm. good post, thought Han's reaction was classic

Your welcome for the PM. Thanks, I try to get the older characters right, there a little harder for me. :)

ZebulaNebula-Wow, you're gonna keep us guessing until the last few words of the final post.

Yep I fully intend to not let anything be finished until the very end of the story. Everyone can still die [face_devil]

Now just watch Han and Zekk get into a fight in Jaina's hospital room, and she ends up having to mediate between her father and her boyfriend, upon waking up from whatever she's in.

Oh thats expected. I mean Jaina has never been a good meidator, to much of her father in her. But she might kill one or both with that lightsaber of hers ;)

[col

10. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    yep, but i think we have enough Jedi to restrain Han if we really need to. Possible death has been all over this story since i started it, you're just smelling it now

No, I'm just smelling it stronger than ever. :p

11. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    No, I'm just smelling it stronger than ever.

[face_laugh] Fair enough. I have about killed everyone in this story once ;)

Okay everyone, Since I will probably be without internet Access all day tomorrow i decided to go ahead and put the post up today. Better early than late right :)

Post Ninety-Four
    Tahiri sat silently next to Ryker?s bed. He had been out of Bacta for four hours, but the doctors were unsure of how much damage the venom had caused. Ryker?s reddish brown hair was plastered to his forehead, and Tahiri leaned forward to sweep it off. His eyelids convulsed.

?How is he doing?? a soft voice asked from behind her. Tahiri looked slowly over her shoulder at Nooska.

?They don?t know. The doctors said they should be able to tell in the next seventy-two hours. They say if he doesn?t wake up by then, there is probably nothing they can do for him. The venom would have caused irreparable damage.? She looked back at Ryker. ?Did you get a hold of Delphi?s family??

?Yes, they are arranging his funeral now.? Nooska sighed.

?How is everyone else?? Tahiri asked

?Malou-Ra?s ankle is broken, and the doctors say it will heal in three to six weeks. Ambia is being treated for scraps and bruises and that nasty cut on her head right now. Ganner is still in Bacta, and he?s has a blood transfusion that should allow him to make it out all right. Rynna had a concussion and a broken arm, but other than that, she should be able to fly again.?

?And I?m doing fine,? another voice broke in.

?How is Raynar?? she turned around to look at Jacen.

?They had to amputate his foot. The Amphistaff went almost the whole way through his foot, and the venom did the rest of the damage. He is being fit for a prosthetic foot right now.?

?The mighty House of Thul is not going to like that,? Tahiri murmured, looking back at Ryker.

Jacen chuckled and put his hands on her shoulders. He could feel Tahiri wince in pain, but her face showed no outward signs of it. ?I have some more bad news,? he told her.

?Is this official Jedi business, and would you like me to leave? ? Nooska asked from the back of the room.

?No, you might as well stay. She?s your commander.?

?Oh no, what did Jaina do now?? Tahiri looked up at him.

?We?ll I just got off the phone from Uncle Luke, and he?s not entirely sure what happened. All we know is that Jaina and Zekk ended up on Yavin 4. Unfortunately, Brakiss, you remember him, Tahiri, right? He was the one who staged the assault on the temple years ago?? She nodded. ?Well it seems he has a training base on Yavin 4 and was not dead as we all assumed. Jaina and Zekk ended up there, and Brakiss fried Jaina pretty badly with some Force lightning and was feeding her poison.?

?Is Commander Solo going to be all right??

?We think so. She?s out of Bacta, but she is still unconscious. Zekk is on his way to the Maw right now, and my parents are already there. I told them Raynar, Ganner, and I would fly back as soon as he could walk, but I don?t want to leave you here alone and ship less.?

Tahiri smiled weakly for Jacen. ?It?s all right; I?m needed here right now, but your sister needs you.?

Nooska coughed from the corner. ?If it would ease your mind, the Twin Suns will look after Tahiri. I?m sure Wedge can give her a spare bunk to sleep in tonight. Plus I have a feeling that the entire squad will be in here tonight, at some point or another, to check on Ryker.?

?Thank you, Nooska,? Tahiri said.

?We?ll then, only one more piece of business to take care of.? Jacen looked down at Tahiri. ?You need to go have that shoulder looked at,? he said in an authoritative tone.

?I am inclined to agree with Jedi Solo?s assessment. Those scratches on your back could use some Bacta patches as well.?

Tahiri looked at them stubbornly. She had no intention of leaving Ryker?s side right now.

?I will stay with Ryker while you are gone. I promise I will alert you the moment he wakes up Commander Vehila.?

She sighed, knowing it was of no use to argue. She

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, that's mighty noble of Tahiri, but pretty stupid as well. She better get that shoulder looked at or else.

And Han and Zekk...that oughta be fun!

13. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    The characters seem somehow more mature than they did at the start of things. Maybe just tired. Either way I like it.

As to how badly Han will hurt Zekk, I have to imagine that if Zekk will have the patience to sit through Han blowing up at him after everything else he's been though Luke needs to make Zekk a full Jedi Master on the spot. o_O

14. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    Yay for an early post. Sorry you'll be out of internet access tomorrow. Well apparently everyone is healing ok. Sooo Delphi is dead, does that count as the death? or is there another one?? YAY Raynar is ok!!! Even though he had to have his foot amputated it's better than being dead. Ryker, hope he's gonna be all right that would beyond stink for Tahiri if he didn't pull through. Ganner, should be ok me thinks, if he survived the world brain incident, then I have confidance that he'll survive this as well. Great post Rose, really really great post!!

Fireyforce

15. C3P0_R2D2

Jan 23, 2005
    You wouldn't kill Ryker, he's your favorite OC. [face_doh]

And also, I think Zekk's gonna have an interesting time. Han'll yell at him, but hopefully Jaina'll wake up before Han kills Zekk.

16. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

The characters seem somehow more mature than they did at the start of things

actually i'm kinda glad you said that, because more mature was what i was going for. I have a Firm belief that people don't go through something like that, without coming out changed. It's like life matures everything, and you can't do anything without expecting it to somehow change who you are.

I mean in the story's case Tahiri, Jaina, and to a lesser extent Jacen, Zekk, Ganner, and Ryker come out of this story having changed something about who they are. They're dynamic characters, and that's kind of what i was going for.

In my own life, it works the same way. Even the littlest things in my life, the things i never though would affect me, have changed something about who i am and how i think. I wanted that to bleed through into my stories. So, yeah, I'm actually really happy you said that :D

17. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Ryker'll be OK, right? Sheesh, I'm worried about some OC. I must be gettin' soft. I can count the number of excellent OC's that I've read about on my fingers. When he wakes up, he'll see Tahiri's smilin' face, right? Raynar lost his foot, ouch! What is it with Jedi and amputations? Who knows. And knowing Raynar, he'll have a gold-plated foot inside a month.

18. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Ryker'll be OK, right? Sheesh, I'm worried about some OC. I must be gettin' soft

:D :D :D This just makes me think i'm doing my job right ;)

19. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I know what happens. ;) :D

Awesome job Rose, and yes, you're changing the characters quite well.

20. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    why would Han hurt zekk???
    Make Ryker better and get Zekk to the Maw pronto!

21. Flaming_Sword

Flaming_Sword Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Han be nice!!! Ryker get better!!! Please!!! Man thoughts are flying!! Please dont' fulfill any of them!!! Great job!
    *Flame*

22. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Sorry I'm so late. Busy week.

They don't know about Ryker? That's not good, but I'm full of faith that he'll pull through, because you wouldn't be that mean to Tahiri would you, Rose? No, surely not!

Everyone is not so good, but at least they sound like they're going to live!

I can't wait to see the Han/Zekk confrontation. that'll be a chapter to see, it really will!

Great chapter, Rose! :)

23. C3P0_R2D2

Jan 23, 2005
  24. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2003
    Great post! :D
    Can't wait for more.

25. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

sorry guys :( I was trying to get the post done before i went to see the Incredibles, but my best friend stopped by. So I am off to work on it now, and i'm gonna try to get it up by tonight :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.