main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Between Love and Hate I: What's a girl to do! ( Link to the sequel up) 6/12!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *Cheers Rose on*

Go, Rose!

2. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    RK_Striker_JK_5-Well, that's mighty noble of Tahiri, but pretty stupid as well. She better get that shoulder looked at or else.

Well tahiri isn't exactly a genius. Don't worry Jacen wouldn't leave without making sure Tahiri was going to be completely fine.

And Han and Zekk...that oughta be fun!

I hope so, i don't know how well the post is this time around.

Neo-Paladin-The characters seem somehow more mature than they did at the start of things. Maybe just tired. Either way I like it.

I'm glad you enjoy. I know i already made a post in reference to this, but i'm glad that the characters seem more mature. I feel like i'm doing something right.

As to how badly Han will hurt Zekk, I have to imagine that if Zekk will have the patience to sit through Han blowing up at him after everything else he's been though Luke needs to make Zekk a full Jedi Master on the spot.

Yeah, You know Han shoot first ask questions later. I just don't think Zekk is about to let anything stand in the way of him seeing Jaina. Espically not her father :p

Fireyforce-Well apparently everyone is healing ok. Sooo Delphi is dead, does that count as the death? or is there another one??

as of right now, the only death i can confirm is Delphi's. If you remember back far enough i had a vote to choose who was going to die in this story, and delphi won.

AY Raynar is ok!!! Even though he had to have his foot amputated it's better than being dead.

I had to have something happen to raynar. He couldn't have possible gone through all that without getting roughed up a little. ;)

Ryker, hope he's gonna be all right that would beyond stink for Tahiri if he didn't pull through

[face_devil]

Ganner, should be ok me thinks, if he survived the world brain incident, then I have confidance that he'll survive this as well.

[face_laugh] I completely even forgot about that. Traitor was not my favorite NJO book.

Great post Rose, really really great post!!

:D Thank you thank you

C3P0_R2D2-You wouldn't kill Ryker, he's your favorite OC

and how do you know that? I have many Oc's in this story, just because Ryker gets the most attention doesn't make him my favorite :p

And also, I think Zekk's gonna have an interesting time. Han'll yell at him, but hopefully Jaina'll wake up before Han kills Zekk.

well i don't think Zekk is going to just lie down and let han kill him either ;)

ZebulaNebula-Ryker'll be OK, right? Sheesh, I'm worried about some OC. I must be gettin' soft. I can count the number of excellent OC's that I've read about on my fingers

[face_laugh] I think i'm doing my job of writing properly then if everyone is so worried about Ryker (espically when i've made it painfully obvious he's going to be in the sequel) I actually find Ryker to be the easiest character for me to write. I guess it's because there aren't any constraints on him. He is completely my own imagination. :)

Raynar lost his foot, ouch! What is it with Jedi and amputations? Who knows. And knowing Raynar, he'll have a gold-plated foot inside a month.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I hadn't even thought about that, but you know your probably right. That does seem Raynar-esque.

Hey amputations are part of the jedi code. Don't you remember yoda talking about them in EP V "Amputations you will have, better jedi they will make you" :p

hollynkesten-why would Han hurt zekk???
    Make Ryker better and get Zekk to the Maw pronto!

it's Han "shoot first ask questions second" Solo, does he need a reason to hurt Zekk?

I'm working on Ryker, just trust me [face_devil]

Flaming_Sword-Han be nice!!! Ryker get better!!! Please!!! Man thoughts are flying!! Please dont' fulfill any of them!!! Great job!

:) if i can spawn a plot bu

3. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Okay guys, this post is going up unBeta'ed because i couldn't get it written in time. So bear with me :D

Post Ninety-Five
    Leia pushed the hair off Jaina?s face. She could feel her daughter burning up. She looked at her husband, who was pacing a whole into the medical room floor, ?She?s going to be fine Han.?

?She?d better be. That no good Jedi did this to her. What is Luke teaching these kids?? Han growled.

?Han, be reasonable. Luke taught Jaina plenty, and she is still unpredictable and irresponsible sometimes. She?s too much like her father.?

?Leia how can you stick up for that boy, when our daughter is lying there half dead?? Han said incredulously.

?Diplomatic training.? She sighed, ?You have to hear both sides of the story before jumping to conclusions.? She got up and put her hands on his shoulders. ?Now sit down before you have to pay Luke to install a new floor.?

?Yeah we?ve already replaced it once, the last time Jaina got hurt.? Luke smirked as he and his wife walked into the med bay. ?Zekk should be arriving here in the next 30 minutes.?

?Good I got some questions I'm going to beat out of that boy.?

?Have you been able to contact Jacen?? Leia interrupted

?Yes, It seems the mission on Yuuzhan?tar was a little more dangerous than we thought. I haven?t got all the details yet, but it seems there was something of a civil war.?

?Is everyone alright?? Leia asked

?Well Jacen and Tahiri are fine, and it seems they have a little bit of surprise for us as well. Raynar got into some sort of attack and had to have his foot amputated, other than that the Jedi are fine.?

?The Jedi are fine?? Mara raised her eyebrow at him.

?Well it seems that somewhere along the line Jaina?s squadron got called into help out. Some of them don?t seem to have come away unscathed. ? Luke frowned, ?But Jacen is on his way here as we speak. ? The comlink on his side beeped nosily, Luke quickly snatched it out of his pocket and answered. ?Thank you,? he mumbled into it. ?That was Clighal, Zekk just arrived there sending him this way.?

Leia sat down beside her daughter. Jaina moaned but her eyes did not open.

The door slid open and the frazzled half dead Zekk stumbled in. The bags around his eyes made him look like a zombie. His hair was dirty and unkempt; it was like there was an animal sleeping on top of his head. His clothes were dirty and ragged, and it looked like he had slept in them. ?How is she?? he managed to choke out.

?She?s not doing well thanks to you. What did you think you were doing on Yavin 4?? Han screamed at him ?How dare you let Brakiss hurt my daughter. You?re nothing but a street urchin, and how my daughter ever became friends with you is beyond me.? Han walked towards Zekk and was nose to nose with the dark haired Jedi. ?Now tell me, boy, what happened to my daughter?? he growled

Zekk stood unwavering in the shadow of Han Solo. Anyone else might quiver in fear from the hero of the republic, but Zekk wasn?t about to let Han get in his way. ?How is Jaina?? Zekk asked softly, turning his head from Han?s gaze to look at Luke.

?Her body is physically fine. However, she doesn?t seem to be conscious.? Leia told him

?Don?t tell him anything else Leia.? Han snapped ?This boy doesn?t care about what happened to Jaina, he got her into this position in the first place.

?I didn?t do anything but try and protect her.? Zekk held his ground, ?Jaina got herself into her own mess, and I tried to save her. If it weren?t for me, she?d be dead right now. So I think I have the right to know how she is.? Zekk snapped back at him, staring down the old smuggler. Zekk went to push past Han towards Jaina but Han grabbed his arm and swung him around. ?Let me go? Zekk stared at him

?Get out of here.? Han went to drag him out of the room but Zekk moved out of Han?s grasp. Zekk?s hand went to the lightsaber clipped to his belt.

?Han leave him alone!? Leia shouted at him. Han stared at her gap mouthed. ?Now sit down.?

?Leia I am not about to let

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, man. When Zekk went for his lightsaber, I was wondering if Han was gonna go for his blaster!

Nice to see them both concerned. Good post, Rose. Now everyone can 'interrogate' Ganner.

5. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    LOL this was great!!! I agree I sooo thought that Han was going to go straight for his blaster. Amussing that Leia is sticking up for Zekk and Han is beating him down when it's usually the opposite. The reactions to Ganner were great. YAY for Ganner being alive. Ryker? Where's Ryker?? Is he ok?? Can't wait for the next post Rose.

Fireyforce

6. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    I loved the Zekk/Han scene with the two of them all but landing punches at Jaina's bedside. Don't they know the sick need rest to heal? Of course their bickering seems to have woken her up so that's good.

Now there is oging to be explanations - I can hardly wait! :)

7. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Nice, I really liked half the lines in there. And Han somehow 'forgot' his own less than savory past?!? At least the cargo Zekk hauls is legal and non-habit-forming, unless he hauls bulk lots of caf or alcohol. And Jaina complaining about being woke up was just priceless. And my guess why Zekk pulled his saber: Han was going to go for his blaster had their little confrontation not been interrupted. And for some stupid reason, Ryker reminds me of an old buddy of mine from High School.

8. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    *scrambles in from reading all the posts he missed* Rose... They're wonderful! I can't believe I never noticed this again! You disappeared for so long that I ignored it! :( And Ryker better not die! You'll have a riot on your hands! Oh and it's Tahiri Veila, not Vehila, no H. ;)

9. C3P0_R2D2

C3P0_R2D2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2005
    Dude, very close to having Han and Zekk kill each other. Not cool. But then Jaina wake up and keep them from commiting homocide.

Very nice postie.

10. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Another great post.
    Han never could be mistaken for a diplomat, could he?
    I was right, Zekk should be a master ;)

11. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    I'm all for Han killing Zekk... and Raynar being jumped by a Wookkiee who he beat at a game, and having his arms ripped out, and then dieing. I can still wish!

12. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    keep up the good work, can't wait to see Han realize Jaina got into this all by her onsie, and had Zekk not been there, she would have been bantha podder!

13. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    She's a Solo, she doesn't need any help in finding trouble. When is Han gonna learn this? All three of his kids inherited his excessive guts-to-brains ratio. It got one of them killed, and the other two pretty damned close on multiple occasions. I think Jacen is the only one who can hold his gung-ho side in check. And that only on occasion.

14. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    ********UP********
    *******UPUP*******
    ******UPUPUP******
    *****UPUPUPUP*****
    ****UPUPUPUPUP****
    ***UPUPUPUPUPUP***
    **UPUPUPUPUPUPUP**
    *UPUPUPUPUPUPUPUP*
    ********UP********
    ********UP********
    ********UP********
    ********UP********
    ********UP********
    ********UP********

Give this one a big ol' UP!

15. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

Hey guys, Yes i'm alive. I'm scampering off to write the post now. It should be up by tonight. Just bear with me though, i've been feeling awful recently (I think it's a combination of PMS, and a sinus infections). Plus i've been working on my Bulletin board. For those of you who don't know i'm a RA (resident advisor) for my college, and my building is doing a bulletin board contest, and i'm dead set on beating my other RA's. So thats taken up alot of time to, but i will go get this post ready :)

16. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Dang it, that means I won't be able to see it until friday! :( Yeah, my dad decided that I can't use the computer from 6:00PM on Sundays to 5:00PM on Fridays...

17. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    poor Dev that sucks

Fireyforce

18. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    RK_Striker_JK_5-Oh, man. When Zekk went for his lightsaber, I was wondering if Han was gonna go for his blaster!

trust me, he would have is Leia did start yelling at him ;)

Nice to see them both concerned. Good post, Rose. Now everyone can 'interrogate' Ganner.

yep, poor ganner, comes back from the dead and no one notices :p

Fireyforce-LOL this was great!!! I agree I sooo thought that Han was going to go straight for his blaster. Amussing that Leia is sticking up for Zekk and Han is beating him down when it's usually the opposite

Yeah, nice little change of pace i thought. :)

The reactions to Ganner were great. YAY for Ganner being alive

yep can't kill ganner when i just brought him back from the dead

Ryker? Where's Ryker?? Is he ok?? Can't wait for the next post Rose.

oh you'll see in a minute [face_devil]

Kazzy-I loved the Zekk/Han scene with the two of them all but landing punches at Jaina's bedside. Don't they know the sick need rest to heal? Of course their bickering seems to have woken her up so that's good.

Like Zekk and Han care that Jaina needs rest. Han just wants to punish someone, and Zekk just wants to stay alive.

ZebulaNebula-Nice, I really liked half the lines in there

thanks i find most fights are never whole thoughts ;)

And Han somehow 'forgot' his own less than savory past?!?

come on he's married to a Princess, of course he forget his less than savory past :p

And Jaina complaining about being woke up was just priceless.

hey, the girl hasn't had her beauty sleep in a long time ;)

And for some stupid reason, Ryker reminds me of an old buddy of mine from High School.

trust me, i think we've all known a ryker at one point in time or another (the more i read harry potter, the more he reminds me of James)

She's a Solo, she doesn't need any help in finding trouble. When is Han gonna learn this? All three of his kids inherited his excessive guts-to-brains ratio.

[face_laugh] that is entirely true [face_laugh]

Dev_Binks-scrambles in from reading all the posts he missed* Rose... They're wonderful! I can't believe I never noticed this again! You disappeared for so long that I ignored it!

it's okay, i'd wondered where you went off to. I was going to Pm you, but they just made that new rule that we can't Pm people who don't ask for them. *shrugs*

And Ryker better not die! You'll have a riot on your hands!

I'm honestly starting to think i would

Oh and it's Tahiri Veila, not Vehila, no H.

You know i thought i was spelling it wrong. [face_blush]

I'm all for Han killing Zekk... and Raynar being jumped by a Wookkiee who he beat at a game, and having his arms ripped out, and then dieing. I can still wish!

Hey, by all means write that story. It should be good. ;)

Dang it, that means I won't be able to see it until friday! Yeah, my dad decided that I can't use the computer from 6:00PM on Sundays to 5:00PM on Fridays...

thats absolutely horried. You'll have to sneak on the computer at school. :D

C3P0_R2D2-Dude, very close to having Han and Zekk kill each other. Not cool. But then Jaina wake up and keep them from commiting homocide.

hey homocide could be interesting, although not fun in this case :p

Neo-Paladin-Another great post.
    Han never could be mistaken for a diplomat, could he?

oh course not, he doesn't think with his brain all the time ;)

hollynkesten-keep up the good work, can't wait to see Han realize Jaina got into this all by her onsie, and had Zekk not been there, she would have been bantha podder!

yeah, i don't think daddy is going to be too proud of this stunt, but of course he did it first ;)

19. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Hey, guys sorry this took so long. The sickness are getting to me. I had to stop looking at the computer a couple times to get my head to stop hurting. But it's ready now

Post Ninety-Six
    [A/N: this post takes place 3 days after the last one :) ]

Layla pulled a blanket over Tahiri?s body, as the young Jedi slept in one of the chairs in Ryker?s hospital room. Tahiri moaned softly, and fidgeted in the chair.

?How are they?? Aurota asked, while strolling into the room; Ambia on his arm.

Ambia quickly sat down in the seat next to Ryker?s bed; her dark brown fingers brushed the hair out of his face lightly.

?I think Ryker will be fine,? Layla started ?the doctors said his vital signs seem to be going back to normal. They said as soon as the last of the poison works its way out of his system he?d be fine in no time.?

?What about her?? Aurota jerked his thumb at the sleeping blond.

?They put a bacta patch over that nasty cut on her shoulder. She?ll be fine if she doesn?t worry herself to death over Ryker.?

?Ohhhhh my poor baby.? A tall blond squealed running into the room knocking Layla out of her way as she rusghed over to Ryker. She quickly pushed her way between Ambia and Ryker and leaned over the sleeping pilot. She quickly kissed his forehead.

Ambia got out of the chair in huff, not needing the blond girl?s butt in her face any longer. She looked at Aurota and Layla inquisitively. They shrugged in return. Kelis walked in shortly after.

Aurota grabbed Kelis? arm and dragged her out of the room, Ambia and Layla close behind. ?Who is she?? he snapped at her

?Her name is Cira Blackmoon. I met her once at Twin suns party. She used to date Ryker, or at least I thought she used to date Ryker.? Kelis answered quickly.

?What do you mean thought?? Ambia jumped in.

?Well I thought he dumped her. But when I ran into her in the Hanger, she asked how Ryker was, and how the mission went. So, I told her, and the next thing I know she?s dragging me to the hospital demanding I take her to her Fiancé.?

?Her Fiancé?? the all yelled incredulously.

?She?s got a ring on her finger, but what do I know?? Kelis shrugged looking just as confused as they were.

~*~
    Malou-Ra walked in a few hours later, a thermos of coffee in her hand. Walking into Ryker?s recovery room, she was taken aback and almost dropped the thermos onto the floor. Trying not to act surprised, she put the thermos down on the counter. ?I brought Caf? everyone.? The Bothan smiled. ?Hey Layla, can I see you outside for a moment.?

The red haired Dathomirian got up from her spot on the floor and followed Malou-Ra out the door. Malou-Ra quickly shut the door behind them. ?What is she doing here?? Malou-Ra snapped.

?I don?t really know to be honest. Kelis ran into her in the Hanger, and she asked about Ryker. So Kelis told her, the next thing we know she?s rushing into the room pushing everyone out of her way and demanding to know what were doing to ease Ryker?s pain?

Malou-Ra stuck her head in the door, ?Kelis can you come out here for a moment.? The petite brunette quickly joined them with Aurota not far behind her.

?What were you thinking telling her about Ryker!? Malou-Ra snapped as quietly as she could.

Kelis stared at her for a moment. ?I didn?t know I was doing something wrong. She said she was Ryker?s fiancé, and she?s got a nice ring to prove it.?

?Oh my sweet force,? Malou-Ra looked into the room from the door window, ?I can not believe she is doing this.?

~*~
    Tahiri stirred in the room. Her green eyes blinked slowly adjusting to the light. She pulled the blanket up higher and peered across the room at Ryker?s bed. She watched the sleeping pilot lie there for a moment before noticing the hand holding his. She looked up at the girl, her blond hair covered most of her face, but her nose protruded a bit. ?Ohhh my poor sweet little pilot.? The girl whispered, ?Everything is going to be alright. Cira is going to make it all better.?

Tahiri felt her feet hit the

20. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Wheee :)
    Can't let things go too smooth, can we? ;)
    No good deed goes unpunished indeed.
    It's a twist I didn't expect, so good job on that.

21. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    That Cira! Tahiri don't go! It's just some freaky chick that Ryker wants nothing to do with! Poor Tahiri. :( Seriously, Cira is really, really messed up. Some counselling would go a long, long way with her. Or maybe Tahiri should just get Jaina to show her how to get rid of Cira and everyone can forget about her!

22. Fireyforce

Jul 23, 2003
    ACK, Cira *shudders* far to clingy don't have a clue what Ryker saw in her. No..no Tahiri don't run off, go back to Ryker the guy hates the blond twit Cira. Moulan-Ra better talk to Tahiri before things get really sour so to say. *sigh* Kelis needs to learn to keep a certain mouth shut, though I don't blame him would have don't the same thing probably.

You know what Cira needs? A sparring match with a certain Jedi, actually multiplue Jedi. Let's see, start her off with Tahiri, move to Jaina, then Zekk, then Ganner, then Jacen, followed by Raynar, and for fun we'll let Han and Ryker finish whats left.

*eyes blaze* that girl needs to be taught that "no, get out of here we're moving to fast," is a nice way for Ryker to tell her that he hates her and her smothering habits. Should be interesting to see what happens whe Ryker wakes up.

Great post Rose, don't think i've written a review this long before. excellent job.

Fireyforce

23. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    STupid Nitwick!!! what the heck does she think shes doing?? RYKER!!! get up you lazy SOB and get this bimbo out of the room!

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, this Cira seems like a nutjob...

I'm glad both Tahiri and Ryker are gonna pull through. And I'm glad Tahiri got her shoulder looked at. Smart girl.

Great post, Rose. Happy Easter, everyone!

25. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

well I'm glad to see Cira is being taken so well :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.