Beyond Between Love and Hate I: What's a girl to do! ( Link to the sequel up) 6/12!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rose_Skywalker, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    Watch where you're steppin' Dev and thanks for the help Rose, I'm gonna have a slight bruise from being stepped on, but most readers bypassed me. *wink* post anytime soon?

Fireyforce
  2. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo Jedi Master

star 3
    Those last two posts were fun to read. :D
    Can't wait for the next one! :D
  3. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4

FirecyForce-Watch where you're steppin' Dev and thanks for the help Rose, I'm gonna have a slight bruise from being stepped on, but most readers bypassed me. *wink* post anytime soon?

See why i didn't want you in a puddle :p Next post will be up momentarily :)

dev_binks-*wipes FireyForce off of shoe* Ewww!!!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh I meant just sappy scenes like the marriage thing, to... something or other. I don't like marriage scenes for some reason

Marriages are kinda sappy sometimes, but i had to have some sort of happy ending to this one

Oh and you'll send those of us that want them updates, right?

Of course, just remember to sign up for them after the last post :)

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo-Those last two posts were fun to read.

I'm glad you liked them, they were fun to write too :)
  4. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Post is going up now because i'm going to be super busy tomorrow! Very very very last post :_|

Post One Hundred
    Tahiri sat quietly at her table listening to Cilghal, Tionne and Kam Solusar talk about Jedi Council issues. She watched Zekk twirl Jaina around. The dance floor was filled with smiling happy couples, and Tahiri couldn?t help but think of Anakin. I wonder what he would have though of Jacen marrying Tenel ka, she wondered. Knowing him, he probably would have yelled at Jacen for taking this long to do it.

?Hey Tahiri,? Ganner plopped down in a chair next to her

?Hey, how have you been,? she asked him. Since Luke got a hold of him after his coming back from the dead, Tahiri hadn?t seen Ganner.

?Good, but busy. Luke has me running errands day in and day out for the Jedi council, but I'm going to be temporarily holding Kyp?s chair while he?s gone with the new baby.?

Tahiri nodded, Kyp and Danni, who had been married while they were on Yuuzhan?Tar, were expecting a baby any time in the next 2 months. ?That?s great Ganner.?

?How are you??

?I'm good. The younglings keep me plenty busy. I wouldn?t have it any other way either. You should stop by sometime, they would love to see Ganner Ryhsode the Jedi who came back from the dead,? she teased him.

?Next time I'm at the Maw I?ll swing by,? He smiled, ?Who?s the lady Jaina is talking to,? his eyes lingered on the woman.

?I believe that is Anja Gallandro.?
    ?Well, I think she needs a dance partner,? Ganner winked at Tahiri before walking over to the young lady.

Tahiri turned back to listen Cilghal and Tionne?s conversation when another man walked over to talk to her. He tapped her shoulder lightly, and she turned around and smiled

?Care to dance, my lovely former commander,? he held out a hand for her.

Tahiri put her hand in his softly, ?Sure,? she told him. They walked over to the dance floor. ?So how have you been, Aurota,? she asked him.

?I?ve been good,? he told her.

~*~
    Zekk took a moment from dancing with Jaina to quickly grab a drink. Sitting down next to Raynar, he struck up a conversation, ?How are you, Raynar??

?I?ve been better.?

?I'm sorry to hear that. How is the prosthetic foot working out??

?It?s manageable, although I would have rather have my real foot.?

Jaina strolled over to the table from talking with Anja, ?Hey Raynar.?

?Jaina,? he nodded.

Zekk quickly interrupted though, ?Lets get back out on the dance floor,? grabbing her hand and leading her away from Raynar.

Jaina looped her arms around his neck as they began to dance again. ?What was that about,? she asked.

?Raynar is still miserable.?

?Why??

?Well I think it?s the prosthetic foot for one, and for two Rynna dumped him.?

?Oh, she did. Why??

?I believe her exact words were ?I can?t handle a man whose ego is bigger than my plane and wallows in his own self pity all the time?,? Zekk told her twirling her around again.

~*~
    Ryker watched the sapphire dress Tahiri was wearing twirl gracefully around with her. He continued sipping on his drink, not paying attention to anything else.

?Why don?t you just go cut in on Aurota,? Malou-Ra snapped at him.

?Why should I??

?Because it?s driving me crazy having to sit here and watch you, watch her.?

Ryker grumbled at her, and quickly finished off his drink. ?She hasn?t spoken to me since before I left the hospital. She probably doesn?t even remember who I am.?

?Ryker, no woman on the face of this galaxy could forget you. You just come off that strong,? Malou-Ra teased him

Ryker grinned.

~*~
    ?So Twin suns is heading out on a mission to Dathomir in three day,? Tahiri asked Aurota.

?Yes, Layla is rather excited about it too. She hasn?t been home in two years. Do you know she?s actually the fourth cousin to the Queen mother,? Aurota asked her.

?Wow, being related to Tenel Ka is something. I hope your mission goes well, better than the Yuuzhan?Tar mission,? Tahiri giggled, as a finger tapped lightly on her shoulder.

Tahiri let go of Auro
  5. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the current PM list, all these readers will be getting a PM when Between Love and Hate II is started. If your name is not on this list and you would like me to add it please say so

PM List:
    ZebulaNebula
    VadersMistress
    RK_Striker_JK_5
    RevaDurron
    Kazzy
    Jedi_Master_Mouf
    Jaina_Solo_16
    hollynkesten
    Flaming_Sword
    Fireyforce
    FamousAmos
    Darth_Elu
    C3P0_R2D2
    Dev_Binks
    Valin_Halcyon
  6. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Great post! :D Though I'm no mush guy(Don't even bring up PtH, that's a cheap blow :p ) I'm disappointed that Ryker and Tahiri didn't get together here at the end, nor did Tahiri learn of the news.

However, it was still a very good and fitting end and I look forward to the sequel. I admire you for being able to complete a whole fic. :p

I hope to do that with PtH, but I dunno, my ability to write has dropped off considerably as of late. *shrugs*

Anyway, I await eagerly for the second epic installment of this wonderful story. :D

And of course, great job Rose! You got one of the best stories out there. ;)

edit: Sweet, I'm on the list. :)

And I got first reply!!!!! :D :D :cool:
  7. hollynkesten Force Ghost

star 3
    ROSE!!!!

question 1: Why didnt anyone tell Tahiri?
    question 2: How long after this story will the next one take place?
    question 3: When will you begin to post the sequel?
    question 4: WHY DID IT HAVE OT END SO SOON!?!?!?

Loved the story, the posting schedule, everything, it was awesome! Perfect... very well done, everyone coming to gether, (except Tahiri and Ryker, but i feel assured *glare* that that will be the focus of the next story... Cant wait for it to start!
  8. Dev_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ?Ryker, no woman on the face of this galaxy could forget you. You just come off that strong,? Malou-Ra teased him

That's a way to get him up and woo-ing a girl! Make him remember his unsuccesful attempts! :p

Now that's mush I can take! And poor Tenel Ka, Han's now her father-in-law. And Isolder's finally related to Leia! :p I wonder if he'd give Han that ship he promised him.

Oh and add me to that list.
  9. Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Master

star 3
    well, its over, but I can't wait for the next part
  10. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4

1. Dev is added to the Pm list

2. I'm shooting for the nxt installement to be started by June, July at the latest.

3. The final count on the story is 159 word pages, 66,559 words.
  11. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    Impressive, most impressive.

On this last installment you managed to give it a happy ending and make me eager for more.
  12. Fireyforce Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: it's over the first part is actually over. Excellent Rose, pure genious. I'm gonna have to reread it though at some point. *slaps Cira* get it through your head. I'm soooo waiting for her to pop back up again to bother Ryker. Poor Raynar. The guy deserves a break, he really does.

Fireyforce
  13. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Awesome:

?So little brother, how does it feel to be married??

?I?ll have to get back to you on that one after tonight.?

That is almost a verbatim copy of an exchange at my cousin Debbie's wedding. My mom asked her husband that question, and he replied with the same answer, word for word.

?Oh sweet mother of God. I'm going to be a grandfather. I thought I was getting gray hair, but I blamed it on your mother. I really am getting old,? He whined.

Classic. I can almost see his face with that one.

?I'm sorry to hear that. How is the prosthetic foot working out??

?It?s manageable, although I would have rather have my real foot.?

Gold plating bugging him?

Simply wonderful. Quick question, where are Jacen and Tenel Ka honeymooning? Naboo seems like the best vacation world with Ithor gone. Or the praries of Ansion.
  14. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Quick question, where are Jacen and Tenel Ka honeymooning?

You know i hadn't really thought of that (since it doesn't come up in this story or the sequel). I would have to go with some place not in the Hapes cluster. Naboo sounds good for me. :)

My other story Willful Edge: the story of Meria Tharen as been updated for the first time in forever. It sort of got the back seat to this story, so i'm trying to finish it before i start the Sequel to WaGTD. So for all of those people going through Rose writing withdrawl (yeah right :p) you can jump over there ;)
  15. Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow! I can't believe it's over. I really liked the way you finished it. It just seems fitting that Jacen and Tenel Ka would be married. It's about time.

I can't wait for the next one. Is it going to be more about Tahiri?

Guenevere
  16. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Oh, that was so sweet! Nice to see everyone getting along and such.

Glad to be on the PM list for the next one, Rose. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Grandkids, eh?
  17. VadersMistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's over? Really, truly over? :_| WAHHH!!! Oh, well. At least I have Between Love and Hate to read!

STUPENDOUS JOB!!!! Astounding. Fabulous. Astonishing. Perfect. Wonderful. Amazing. *flips through thesaurus* Awesome!!!
  18. RevaDurron Force Ghost

star 5
    :_|*eyes start to water* *grab's for a box of tissues* :_|

It's so happy and so sad at the same time. I don't want it to end. Are you going to write something that takes place after this or something along those lines? [face_worried]
  19. Flaming_Sword Jedi Knight

star 2
    I loved it. very nice looonngg story!! I think I had to go bck and read it a 6 times, because I kept falling behind!!! But again very nicely written!! Loved Ryker!!
    Flame
  20. C3P0_R2D2 Force Ghost

star 2
    *stares in happy/sad ness*

Happy- it's good ending.
    Sad- it's good ending.

Yay! I'm on the update list.

Wonderful ending Rose.
  21. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Darth_Elu-Great post! Though I'm no mush guy(Don't even bring up PtH, that's a cheap blow

NO fair! You're taking away my only argument :p

I'm disappointed that Ryker and Tahiri didn't get together here at the end, nor did Tahiri learn of the news.

got to give you something to look foward to in the sequel

However, it was still a very good and fitting end and I look forward to the sequel. I admire you for being able to complete a whole fic.

thanks! I can't tell you how proud i am of me for being able to finish a fic.

And of course, great job Rose! You got one of the best stories out there.

Thank you [face_blush]

hollynkesten- question 1: Why didnt anyone tell Tahiri?

Because i didn't want them too [face_devil]

question 2: How long after this story will the next one take place?

about 2 years

question 3: When will you begin to post the sequel?

June, at the latest early july

question 4: WHY DID IT HAVE OT END SO SOON!?!?!?

End so soon? I've only been writing it for 3 years!

Loved the story, the posting schedule, everything, it was awesome! Perfect... very well done, everyone coming to gether, (except Tahiri and Ryker, but i feel assured *glare* that that will be the focus of the next story... Cant wait for it to start!

thanks! Hey i have to give you something to read the sequel for [face_devil]

Dev_Binks- That's a way to get him up and woo-ing a girl! Make him remember his unsuccesful attempts!

well to be honest until Tahiri, all of his attempts have been successful ;)

Now that's mush I can take! And poor Tenel Ka, Han's now her father-in-law.

Yeah, Tenel Ka is going to have her hands full

And Isolder's finally related to Leia! I wonder if he'd give Han that ship he promised him.

[face_laugh]

Jedi_Master_Mouf-well, its over, but I can't wait for the next part

Thanks [face_blush]

Neo-Paladin-Impressive, most impressive.

thanks Darth :p

On this last installment you managed to give it a happy ending and make me eager for more.

well good, then i have done my job :D

Fireyforce- it's over the first part is actually over. Excellent Rose, pure genious.

Thanks I've never been called a genious before [:D] :D

I'm gonna have to reread it though at some point.

yeah i have the feeling alot of people are going to have to do that. The story has taken so long, i wouldn't be surprised if people forgot what happened in the beginning :p

*slaps Cira* get it through your head. I'm soooo waiting for her to pop back up again to bother Ryker.

don't worry, Ryker got rid of her this time ;)

Poor Raynar. The guy deserves a break, he really does.

Yeah, he does. I feel badly i sort of gave him the short end of the stick in this story :(

ZebulaNebula-That is almost a verbatim copy of an exchange at my cousin Debbie's wedding. My mom asked her husband that question, and he replied with the same answer, word for word.

[face_laugh] priceless, and here i thought i just came up with it :p

Classic. I can almost see his face with that one.

Yeah i needed at least one funny Han post :)

Gold plating bugging him?

it's Raynar he has to complain about something ;)

Jaina_Solo_16-Wow! I can't believe it's over. I really liked the way you finished it. It just seems fitting that Jacen and Tenel Ka would be married. It's about time.

Yeah I had the ending planned out for this story before i was even half way done with the fic, before Ryker was even a thought in my mind. I knew if it didn't end with a marriage i was short changing the story. I'm glad you liked it :D

I can't wait for the next
  22. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ?I?ll have to get back to you on that one after tonight.?

You know, I've decided that if and when I get married...I'm going to say that.

:p
  23. Rose_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] I have inspired a trend :p

Survey time!

1. What character out of WaGTD was your personal favorite?

2.What Character did you like the least?

3. Which characters do you think were written well? which characters were not?

4.What scene was your favorite? why?

5. Which pairing was your favorite?
    a. Jaina/Zekk
    b. Jacen/Tenel Ka
    c. Raynar/Rynna
    d. Tahiri/Ryker

6. Which storyline was your favorite:
    a. Jaina/Zekk
    b. Ganner/Tahiri/Ryker
    C. Jacen/Raynar

7.What could i have done better?

8.What was the biggest surprise (In your own opinion) in the story?

9.Was the posting schedule good for you? (every sunday)

10. If No, What schedule would have been better?

11. Would you prefer longer posts once every 2 weeks (5-6 pages), or medium sized posts once a week (2-3 pages) or short posts twice a week (1 page)?

12. Overall from 1-10 (10 being best) what would you rate this story (be completely honest)?

13. For the sequel would you like the stories to all get posted simaltanously (like WaGTD) or would you like each story to get posted one at a time? (Ie. the Tahiri/Ryker story would be finished before the Jaina/Zekk story would get started, and that would get finished before the Jacen/Tenel Ka story would get started)

*hands out chocolate cookies for replying* :D
  24. ZebulaNebula Force Ghost

star 5
    Survey response:

Tough one. Three way tie between Jacen, TK, and Ryker.

2. What Character did you like the least?

Toss-up between that Vong butthead President and Cira Blackmoon.

Except for Cira coming off like a soap opera tramp on occasion, they were all well written. Your OC's are some of the best on the site. And you managed to capture the CC's perfectly. Especially well-written are: Zekk; all your villians; Jacen; TK; Twin Suns pilots; and Tahiri.

4. What scene was your favorite? why?

Brakiss' betrayal was priceless. I never expected his head henchwoman to bust his sorry butt. I was expecting Jaina and/or Zekk to blast his sorry hide, so I got quite a surprise.

a. Jaina/Zekk
    b. Jacen/Tenel Ka
    c. Raynar/Rynna
    d. Tahiri/Ryker

J/TK. I've been a J/TK 'shipper since day one of reading EU materials. (a YJK novel back in '96, read it cover to cover in an afternoon)

a. Jaina/Zekk
    b. Ganner/Tahiri/Ryker
    C. Jacen/Raynar

I enjoyed them all, but if I had to pick one, I'd say Ganner/Tahiri/Ryker was the overall best due to having the best action and humor of the three.

Showed Ryker and Tahiri actually getting together.

Amaryllis betraying Brakiss really floored me. I thought she was his loyal assistant and friend-with-benefits. And then she up and busted his sorry hide.

Posting schedules matter little to me. As long as it's posted, I'm happy.

11. Would you prefer longer posts once every 2 weeks (5-6 pages), or medium sized posts once a week (2-3 pages) or short posts twice a week (1 page)?

It matters not to me, I'm just happy it gets up.

12. Overall from 1-10 (10 being best) what would you rate this story (be completely honest)?

I'd give it a 10. I'd rank it in the top ten stories on the site.

Edit:

13. For the sequel would you like the stories to all get posted simaltanously (like WaGTD) or would you like each story to get posted one at a time? (Ie. the Tahiri/Ryker story would be finished before the Jaina/Zekk story would get started, and that would get finished before the Jacen/Tenel Ka story would get started)

Simultaneously would be more natural, but I won't flip if you do things the other way around.
  25. RevaDurron Force Ghost

star 5
    Survey response:

Jacen for me, he was the best!

2. What Character did you like the least?

I really don't know. I mean I liked them all in some way. I would just have to say the Vong in general.

Tahiri was written great. But I don't know about some of your pilots. Other than that, they were all pretty good.

4. What scene was your favorite? why?

It's tough to say. Probably the end because it makes everything complete and understandable.

a. Jaina/Zekk

b. Ganner/Tahiri/Ryker

I don't know, you could of added lightsaber duels or something like that.

Who everyone ended up with in the end. You started out somewhat completely opposit to me and then it changed. Ouite a shocker.

As long as I get to read it I am happy. The wait makes it all the better.

Short posts, twice a week.

I'd give it an 8.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.