main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Between Pirates and Princesses" (Jacen/Tenel Ka) Epilogue up 9/7- COMPLETE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by _Tenel_Ka_, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    Oh. My. God.

I can't believe I'm finally done. Over. Through. Accomplished. Fini. (he heh, I hope there's someone who speaks French and knows what I'm talking about.)

Je ne comprehende pas.

Well, anyway, I hope you enjoy this last little bit, though it didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it. The song at the end is another Bush song, and please, please, PLEASE read Glycerine, which isn't as much a sequel as it is a completely different story.

Thank-you so much to everyone who read this and reviewed it, thanks to Black_Hole and The_Hooded_One who always up this, to Jedi_Alman for being there every step of the way, to Niki because you pile on the praise, to Admiral_Lelila whose comments always make me blush. Thanks to Runaway_Shadowand triggerfinger for being there since the beginning and sticking with it. Thanks to fishi for your humor, :)
    Thanks to Jedi_Tenel_Ka because yes, us Tenel Ka fans have to stick together! :D

And for everyone I can't thank individually [face_shame] but has stopped by to read and review: EveningStar, Yaven, 'Nox, lexu, Jedi_Johnson, Hann315, Jedi-Angel, jacesolo1138, Ace_Pace, Jez, Caine, Sahiri, Rogue_Even, Anna_kin, Jacy2412, jacensky315, Doran, Jo_Solo, Shinar, and LadyMairead! You guys were awesome and thanks for being there!

PHEW!

And here ends my Jacen and Tenel Ka story.

Epilogue: Here With Me

Tenel Ka exited the shadowed doorway to a balcony on the fortress of the Singing Mountain Clan. Tears were running down her cheeks, but her heart was unburdened. Augwynne had left this world and become one with the Force, and after the songs of mourning would come celebrations and rejoicing.

Jacen stood on the balcony, staring out across the forest and mountains, his face dreamy and far away. She smiled slightly at this and wiped the tears out of her eyes, then crossed the few meters between them.

Jacen came out of his reverie as she reached his side and took her hand in his, caressing her skin softly with his thumb and sending tingles up her arm. He turned his head to grin at her, obviously sensing her sadness.

?Well,? he said after some silence, ?We got out of that alive and we made it here in time. Not bad for a couple of young Jedi Knights that have a habit of getting into trouble.?

Tenel Ka nodded, ?I wonder what Kanortine had to say about our escape.?

Jacen smiled devilishly, ?I can just see his face? and then he would say in that really superior tone, ?Well, that?s Jedi for you.? I hope we never run into him again, he?d be after our blood.?

?I made sure that he received my opinion of his hospitality before I left,? Tenel Ka said with a slight smirk, remembering all the guards she?d gotten past.

Jacen laughed, and then said in a more serious tone, ?I hope Moneeq was alright. That was a very brave act she did.?

Solemnly, Tenel Ka inclined her head.

When the silence wore on, Jacen spoke up again, ?So what will we do now??

Tenel Ka considered for a moment, ?I am not taking a Master at this time, but I will be going on a mission with Rachel and Ami Taren, Jex Midanyl, and maybe Jovan Drak, the Rodian. And you??

?I?m not sure,? Jacen said with a shrug, ?There?s always some new kind of plan hatching, and I think Uncle Luke has booked an appointment with the New Republic committee to discuss establishing a Jedi Council.?

Jacen hesitated for a moment, ?That reminds me, it isn?t public yet, but Mom?s retiring from the Chief of State position tomorrow.?

?Ah, aha,? Tenel Ka mused, ?That is good. She has worked long and hard and needs a vacation.?

Jacen grimaced, ?Yeah right, like my mom will ever really take a vacation. Something always happens and then her, Dad, and Uncle Luke have to save the galaxy.?

They laughed together and then continued to gaze out at the horizon. The sky was the purest blue and the beauty of Dathomir took all breath away. A gentle wind whipped at Tenel Ka?s hair and J

2. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Very nice endding. So ur finished with this one. Gonna do anymore? [face_mischief]

3. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Well, I haven't read the last 2 or three posts, but I will ASAP!

In the meantime, I'm sorry to see this story end :(

But now you can get your ass to writing Glycerine! [face_mischief]

(Well I have to retain my humourous rep, don't I? ;) )

4. _Tenel_Ka_

Sep 11, 2001
    Fishi: Not too mention that J/J one that I've been neglecting for a month... [face_devil]

5. Sahiri

Sahiri Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2002
    Wonderful ending!

:D

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this story. Tenel Ka and Jacen were portrayed very nicely along an interesting story line.

Thanks for the great read!

6. _Tenel_Ka_

Sep 11, 2001
    Thanks Sahiri! I didn't think Tenel Ka was potrayed very well sometimes, because as much as I love her she can be very limiting, and I like to hear that people thought she was written well! :)

7. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Just finished reading, and I am sad to see it go. But I loved the story.

8. _Tenel_Ka_

Sep 11, 2001
    I'm sad too... :(

But I feel very... satisfied somehow.

9. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Awesome. Read the entire thing in one sitting. Great work Tenel, and I think you should write a follow-up. Go AU from the established storyline if you have to, but Jacen/Tenel Ka dealing with the Vong would be a fantastic thing to read.

Great, great work.

JMA

10. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    That was a great ending and... your welcome :)

11. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I printed it out and read it all last night.

FAN-TAST-IC!

My sister asked what I was reading, so I gave it to her ;)

She started whining about how there was no more to read :D

IMO, stuff the J/J and get to writing Glycerine. I'm hooked :D

12. jacesolo1138

jacesolo1138 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Great ending, I'm sad to see it end though.

13. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    very good ending. i loved it.

Jez

14. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Fantastic story. :)

I'm looking forward to reading Glycerine

15. _Tenel_Ka_