main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Betwixt & Between--Counterpart to The Family Album--MMM Update 8/27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    As most Corellian men do, he tried to play down his injury as nothing to worry about

Silly Corellian men. I'm just glad that, you know, it was his left shoulder and nothing more serious.

The determined set of her jaw relayed the message to her younger brother clearly: Shut up the questions and get focused

[face_laugh] Jaina Junior for sure!

It was then Gavin realized he could no longer see the future; there was nothing of a future left for him to live. He would not survive till morning.

:( That's so sad. But I'm glad he readied himself for it and didn't try to fight. Yes, he is more of a Jedi than Tain could ever dream of.

A young knight, who only saw a red blade and not the identity of the woman holding it, took advantage of Tain?s distracted state and made a quick slash across her torso that bisected her body into halves.

Nice! And it was nice to see Gavin able to smile before he became one with the Force.

That was a great update. Sad, of course, but still great.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was so sad!! But very well-written. Using Obi-Wan's line from ANH was very clever :D And I loved the ending with Luke :)

GReat job!! Glad you're posting on this again :)

3. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    That was great!

I loved that post! It was great--from the sith and the description to that final glimpse of Luke at the end...

4. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Wow! :eek: That was really sad, but really good as well. It's good to know that everyone's still running around saving the galaxy in their later years, and the scene with Gavin's death was heartwrenching. Having his ancestors be a cloud of witnesses and then using Obi-Wan's line was a lovely touch. His death had meaning, and it was very heroic. :_| Great job! =D=

5. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

6. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    SWPants: Well, your left shoulder is rather close to some important things, but not let any Corellian male would tell you that. Thank you for reading despite the sadness.

Nat: Thank you very much. And I'll try to keep posting on this again now that awards are over.

Jade: Thanks :)

Emerald_Lady: Oooo... "Cloud of witnesses", I like that. :) Thank you for thinking his death was meaningful; those are the only kinds of deaths I want for my characters.

Padawan: Thank you

7. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Gavin pulled his speeder up to the restaurant?s doors and stepped out. He gave a nod to the young Selonian on valet duty for the evening. The alien gave him a slight bow before getting into the refurbished twenty-year-old speeder and driving to the nearby parking area.

Briskly walking up the steps of the upscale eatery, The Corellian Kitchen, Gavin paused to check his appearance in a window?s reflection before heading in, not that his closely cropped hair could have been out of place, but his charcoal tunic was in need of a little smoothing out.

He entered the lobby and gave a smile to the young woman greeting and seating guests. ?Good evening, Jedi Fel.? She welcomed, returning his smile.

?Good evening, Ria. My usual table??

?Yes, sir. Your guest is already seated.?

Gavin craned his neck to peer into the back corner of the dining room, but could only see the back of a brunette?s head. ?First impressions?? he whispered with a sly look in his brown eyes.

?Well,? Ria started, her grin widening, ?she?s nervous?kept shifting her eyes about, but caught herself and stopped. Must still be new to Denon because she said three times she got lost on the way here. She keeps looking around the room and giving a once-over to every man who walks in, so she doesn?t you?re her date.?

Gavin nodded as he assimilated the intelligence.

The petite red head paused before asking, ?Isn?t this your third blind date in two weeks??

?Four in as many weeks, actually.?

?So either you have commitment issues, your friends don?t know your type, you don?t know what you?re looking for, or you?re trying to date the entire available female population while you have to work as the Jedi liaison here.? She said, ticking the possibilities off on her fingers as she spoke.

Gavin turned back to face her and broadened his smile. ?Have a good night, Ria.?

He slipped off his outer cloak and hung it on the rod at the edge of the dining room. Then he made his way to his usual table. Moving around between tables allowed him a view of his date?s profile and let Gavin recognize her.

Venna Muro was the chief of staff for the young senator representing the Outer Rim planet Cuitas II. Not a well-known planet, but its innovative ship engineers were on the verge of producing cloaking devices. Rumor had it that they even had prototypes for ships as small as starfighters. The Cuitasian senator, on the advice of Muro, had used the exciting rumors to curry favor with other Outer Rim planets and began to unify them on certain causes. They weren?t a serious threat to the more powerful and well-known Core planets, but it was starting to look like a possibility. And his date was behind it all.

She was just about his height, which made her taller than most woman by several centimeters. Her long, brown hair was pulled back in a simple yet elegant style that showcased the exposing neckline of her navy blue shimmersilk dress. And she was checking her silver wristchrono.

The action caused Gavin to look down at his own timepiece and see that he was five minutes late. Part of him felt guilty; the other shrugged it off. His father and younger brother were perpetually prompt; his mother and older sister considered showing up fifteen minutes late arriving early, and Gavin typically fell somewhere in between.

Sliding into his seat, Gavin asked, ?How?s the moon??

?Full of craters.? Venna replied in code with a grin. ?Jedi Fel, I had no idea you were going to be my date this evening.?

?Isn?t that the whole point of going on a blind date??

?True. And I must say thank you for using a passphrase as means of identification. A flower or wearing a certain color just seems like an idea that should stay in the holos. Also, it was kind of thrilling to let myself believe I was on a secret mission with confidential information. Almost a kind of feeling I could get used to having.?

?Miss Muro,? Gavin chided, ?I have absolutely no pull in saying which senator should get the soon to be vacated seat on the Intelligence committ

8. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    ?Four in as many weeks, actually.?

?So either you have commitment issues, your friends don?t know your type, you don?t know what you?re looking for, or you?re trying to date the entire available female population while you have to work as the Jedi liaison here.? She said, ticking the possibilities off on her fingers as she spoke.

[face_laugh] I'd assume those same possibilities too.

And I must say thank you for using a passphrase as means of identification. A flower or wearing a certain color just seems like an idea that should stay in the holos.

I think I agree. Plus more than one person may be wearing that color or have that flower. Passphrases are one in a million. :)

?She confident, daring, and pushy; so of course you?re drawn to her, but she also has brown hair. You like to date women who act like your mother, but not look similar to her because you then realize that you want to date women who act like her, but if the looks are too similar you get freaked out with the thoughts that you actually are dating your mother.?

WOW. The waitress reads him so very well.

Besides, I?m a graduate student studying psychology. I?m actually thinking about making you my thesis. My current working title is ?Why Some Men Can Never Grow Up and Settle Down?.

[face_laugh] Such a great title. Poor Gavin, being looked at like some lab rat.

Water was pouring from the skies, yet somehow she was remaining dry.

Aww! :) That's sweet of Gavin.

?You think I?m a snob for never ordering the traditional stew, but the reason I don?t is because no one could ever make it as good as my Grandpa Han?s. You were engaged or married, and from the title of your thesis, I?m willing to bet you left him because he cheated on you. And your favorite dish is the Nerf Vegetable soup, especially on nights like this.?

Sometimes Jedi notice the craziest details ;)

Three days later, Liyani walked up to Gavin sitting by himself at his usual table. ?Your date running late?? she asked while pointing to the empty chair.

?Nope.? He said to her with a smile. ?You?re right on time. But I?m hoping that what you said a few nights ago hasn?t predetermined tonight?s end.?

That was cute. Really cute.

9. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I loved this update!

I am a firm believer that you never find love when looking for it.

10. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    very cute....

a very nice shift from the post before--

11. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I owe you tons of reviews kiddo. However,I forgot where I left off. The mind is the first thing to go you know. 8-}

But before I can get to that first let me tell you how pleased I was that you did this. I know it's the not the bunny I tried to pawn off on you, but as Gavin was your creation, it was his right to be first choice.

Another Fel catch. No surprise there coming from some yummy lineage.

This piece had just the right Mush factor, which is what the challenge is all about. I loved how he was able to keep the rain away with the Force while pointing out the things he knew about her. And then when he walked away but allowed the rain to hit him. Awwww!!! Makes me want a Gavin of my own. [face_love]

12. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    SWPants666: I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wanted mush but I didn't want cheese. So thanks for thinking I found that balance.

Padawan: Thank you very much :)

jade: Yeah, just a little shift from the one before ;) Thanks for reading.

Lola: You're forgiven for all the reviews you owe me for helping me do this one. Sorry it's not with your beloved Kyp, but I'm afraid I don't know him well enough to write him. At least not with you reading. And yes, they do have quite the yummy lineage. ;)

13. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    That was a cute update, Big Fatty.
    Nice job!

14. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Gavin craned his neck to peer into the back corner of the dining room, but could only see the back of a brunette?s head. ?First impressions?? he whispered with a sly look in his brown eyes.

Well, Jedi are supposed to use all their resources. [face_mischief]

?She confident, daring, and pushy; so of course you?re drawn to her, but she also has brown hair. You like to date women who act like your mother, but not look similar to her because you then realize that you want to date women who act like her, but if the looks are too similar you get freaked out with the thoughts that you actually are dating your mother.?

:eek: Oh, I like her! And she totally comes from out of nowhere; I was expecting mush with Venna, but this is better. :D

?You?re awfully mouthy for someone who hasn?t received a tip yet.? Gavin challenged.

?You won?t give me less than the standard percentage. You?re too polite to do something like that. You could try, but you?d only make up for it when you?re in here in a few more days with yet another girl for a date that will surely fail.?

I like her a lot. She can hold her own. :D

?Since you haven?t noticed, I?ve been your usual waitress for the three months that you?ve been here. Besides, I?m a graduate student studying psychology. I?m actually thinking about making you my thesis. My current working title is ?Why Some Men Can Never Grow Up and Settle Down?. Now if you don?t mind, I do have a paper that is due in the morning, and I need to go home and do some work.?

That's quite a parting shot she's got there. [face_devil]

Emerging from the building?s shadows, Gavin Fel unfastened the cloak he was wearing while keeping one hand somewhat outstretched to project a bubble around Liyani in the Force so that she could stay dry. ?Shouldn?t someone who?s lived on Denon for six years know better than to leave home without a waterproof cloak in the spring?? He asked.

I can see how he got his playboy reputation. He's a smooth operator. ;)

Three days later, Liyani walked up to Gavin sitting by himself at his usual table. ?Your date running late?? she asked while pointing to the empty chair.

?Nope.? He said to her with a smile. ?You?re right on time. But I?m hoping that what you said a few nights ago hasn?t predetermined tonight?s end.?

[face_love] Wonderful ending! I love his way of asking her out. This was incredibly cute (but not saccharine), and I enjoyed it immensely. :D

15. Abeja

Abeja Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 25, 2007

Lol!:_| That was one funny analysis.
    Really great and despite not knowing Gavin Fel or much of the Jag/Jaina romance for that matter, I liked it.

16. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I really enjoyed the MMM chapter! :D

?Nope.? He said to her with a smile. ?You?re right on time.

Aww... [face_love]

17. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Great icon.

18. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    That was a lovely little bit of mush, Fatty. My apologies for being so late to read it.

I just wish I had her luck, having a handsome Jedi for a regular customer in the restaurant I work in. [face_love]

very cute

~padawanlost

19. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh, that was so sweet!!! My favorite in this story, no question. I love how they new so much about her, and that he decided to date her :) A very nice happy post after the last one where you killed him :p

You should always do an MMM here :D Great job!!

Ah, yes, the awards. They need a slogan. Fanfic Awards: they leave you no time for anything else.

;) :p

20. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Solo_and_Fel: Thank you!

Emerald_Lady: Glad I kind of got someone with the little switcharoo with the ladies. And as for Gavin being smooth, I've always imagined him as being Han Solo with a lightsaber. ;)

Abeja: First, new reader dance: [face_dancing] And it's quite alright if you don't know Gavin, since he's my creation. Thanks for the taking the time to read and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Trace: Thank you very much! :D

FelsGoddess: Thanks, I made it myself. ;)

padawanlost: Better late than never. And I wish I had a Jedi hottie at my workplace, too.

Nat: Yes, I know I was mean to Gavin in the post before last. But it was an immediate plot bunny when I read the quote and I couldn't let it go. So this was my way of redeeming myself. As for the next MMM challenge, I've never done all dialogue and I'm quite scared about the challenge, but we'll see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.