main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Beverage of choice

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Fixer808, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fixer808

Fixer808 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    Those of "legal age" (and those who aren't, we won't snitch), what is your favorite alcoholic drink?

I'm a beer man, myself. Lager is great, but I try not to limit myself just to that. I run the gamut from Becks to Guinness. There's no stout like Guinness, pitch black and thick as syrup. Now there's a meal!

I also enjoy Scotch, but it usually only when I'm at my parents' place. My dad is a Scotch drinker, and his taste is in the $80 a bottle range, so he drinks Oban and Lagavulin.

My friend has a couple bottles of absinthe he brought back from Europe, and that stuff will twist your brain like there's no tomorrow. It's not just the 70% alcohol content, but also the wormwood, which is a pesticide used in old times to treat wood, but, in small quantities, is also a very mild halucinogenic. The drink of choice for artists and high society people in the late 1800's, most people know it from the story of how, when he was drunk on it, Van Gogh cut off part of his ear to give to a prostitute he was in love with. Later, after finishing his final painting, he shot himself in the stomach and took three days to die. He had pre-existing mental problems, but even so... drink sparingly.

So do tell... what gets you buzzed?

2. poof-the-magic-jedi

poof-the-magic-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2005
    I pretty much stick to beer. I like Guinness but I don't have it often if I'm out at the pub, mainly because it's usually more expensive than the regular draught. When I'm out I'll usually have something in the pale ale variety.

3. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    I'm not a big fan of beer but I do enjoy a nice red wine.

There are some wild liquers out there that are awesome.

ADDITION: Actually, my favorite drink would have to be the ultimate of all drinks: chocolate milk. Yum. :D

4. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    Beer, Sleeman.

Non-Al: Coke.

5. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    I like this thread!!!

Hmm lets see.. what do I drink Before, during, and after work.....

Beer Selection: Stella Artois (#1 pick), Hoogarden, San Miguel

Red Wine: Anything from 1990 amd 1995 Bordeaux, a 1997 Tuscany wine is also good. and a '95 Bourgogne

White Wine: I think I only drink 1990 Bordeaux.. unless something good comes up that I hear of...

Dessert Wines: Plum Wine is the BOMB.. but my favorite drink is from Sauterne (Chateau Bastore-Lamoutage) THIS IS THE BEST!!! Bloody Expensive; but worth every penny.

Non-Al: Freshly squeezed Orange Juice or Beet juice would work for me.

Sorry, not much of a coffee or soda drinker...

6. TheDave

TheDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    I'm a violent drunk and I really can't control how much alcohol I consume when I do drink, so I've stopped :p

I'm now a big matcha drinker. and if I can't get a hold of matcha, I drink water or cold tea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.