main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beware of the next Boba Fett (#5) COVER - SPOILERS!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    If you want to be unspoiled for Episode III, don't read TFN main news page, and don't pick up the latest Boba Fett book.

Trust me. I believe it's due out in April 2004, but the cover has already been released.

Windy, Stinrab, I know there is already a thread for spoiler warnings, but I thought this was serious enough to stand alone - I wanted to grab people's attention.

I also realize that making a thread like this might make some people curious, but I thought there would be more people who would be excited about picking up the latest Boba Fett novel who could use some advance notice warning. ;)

2. New_Order

New_Order Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2001
    Yeah, be careful. The image on the cover has already been converted into an icon on the JC and many users already have switched to it because "it's so cool".

I had to strive to look away! :(

3. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    I just had a similar thread locked because technically by definition, this image is not a spoiler (since it's released in an official capacity). I was also told that if I want to avoid this sort of thing, I should stay off line and not visit this forum -- kinda rude if you ask me.

I appreciate the warning. Thanks.

4. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I know, it's always touch-and-go with "spoiler" threads. ;)

I believe what makes it a spoiler right now is that the Official Site hasn't officially released it.

Someone found it on Amazon.com and reported it, and TFN has it on their news page and immediately made it into an icon.

Even if (when) it is released on the OS, it's possible that many people here wouldn't want to know about the spoiler - although they're going to b/c of the icon anyway.

It will be the same thing when the icon of Anakin with long hair was released. Oh well.

5. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Technically by forum rules it is not a spoiler but out of respect for those who want to stay super spoiler free, I will not give out said characters name. :D

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Well this character is going to become official through the OS because supposedly he's featured in the last CW cartoon. So if you're avoiding any info about him, avoid that cartoon too.

7. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Now there are going to be people mad at you for pointing out that this is a spoiler. They were just thinking it was some funky looking character for the book, but now they're thinking "I've been spoiled! :mad: " :p

Doesn't really matter to me, I don't care if I see character and vehicle designs and such; I'm just trying to avoid knowing the plot before I see the film. It's almost a lost cause trying to keep from seeing an image of this character before the movie. If Lucasfilm is letting him out this early, pictures of him are going to be all over everything by the time May 2005 comes around.

8. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Exactly... it's going to be nearly impossible to avoid these images as the movie gets closer and closer. Really the only way to do it is to avoid all media- especially the internet (SW/movie sites) and magazines. That's the hard truth.

To me the plot is the most important, and what I don't really want to know. If Lucasfilm feels like they can release info about characters and vehicles then they must not be *that* crucial to the plot- which they are obviously trying to keep under wraps. Take Padme for example, there has been next to NO info about her released, all we have is a couple photos and some small information. Obviously she is very important to the plot. But we knew that already. This is a movie about Padme, Obi-Wan, Yoda and especially Anakin. Any other characters/vehicles etc. are just extraneous to the core of the movie.

Think of it that way if it makes you feel better. It makes me feel better.

9. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Me too. Thank you. :)

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, I obviously don't have a huge problem with "minor" spoilers, considering I made this thread, have read everything by Hyperspace, and I'm doing the summary thread for Pablo's Q & A updates. [face_laugh]

But I'm aware there are people out there who really want to avoid as much as they possibly can. So this is a heads-up for them.

And it's not yet "officially" announced, so technically it's still a spoiler. ;)

11. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    I really think it is stupid to be bringing in spoilers.

And I think it is even more stupid to let people in here that are obviously spoiled. I mean seriously what is the purpose of all the work to make this board private for the people who don't want to be spoiled?

I mean come the hell on. We can go to the spoilers forum if we want to find them.

You're not a contribution to this part of the forum AT ALL, unless you count tempting people..

CONGRATULATIONS.

12. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Settle down, KFisto. Please remember that there are varying levels of "spoiled". What you think spoils you, might not be considered a spoiler by a large percentage of others. It's all relative.

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Are you talking to me, KFistoRox?

Are you talking to me? I don't see anybody else around, ergo you must be talking to me. Sorry, couldn't resist. 8-}

First of all....must try to be calm. If I misinterpreted what you said, I apologize in advance. But reading your post, it looks like a personal attack against me.

Okay, here we go. Allow me to retort.

What the hell is your problem? I go out of my way to bend over backward for people who think hearing the title of Episode III is going to spoil the movie for them, and I get this crap from you?

You're saying my only contribution to this board is to tempt people? Why don't you check out my post history and the topics I've created and tell me how I contribute to this forum?

Oh, and how many posts do you have? I'm not a post counter, but it still is fairly relevant in determining how active an individual user is.

Also: what is a spoiler?

The main reason we went private was to make things more difficult for trolls - and this has been a major success. The hope was that more people would post - although the nature of the beast is that there will be much less posting than in the 3SA.

Trying to determine a policy in how to deal with spoilers has probably been the most difficult thing Windy and Stinrab have had to deal with in this forum (besides the trolls).

Generally, as I've said many times, the post quality is extremely high, and there really aren't a lot of fights or basher/gusher wars.

I already know what the spoiler is that I refer to in this topic - and I'd bet many other people in this forum know as well - but I'm trying to warn people away who might have bought or looked at the upcoming Boba Fett book.

The previous policy in this forum was that ANYTHING from the OS was NOT a spoiler, and you were free to discuss it b/c it was considered official and common knowledge.

After much debate, we decided to change that, since this is the last SW movie and some people are hardcore non-spoilers.

Therefore, ANY threads relating to OS or Hyperspace information have been duly marked so in their title, for the protection of those hardcore non-spoiled types.

I'm sorry, but after a certain point, there's not much more that can be done - as others have adroitly pointed out, if you really want to stay spoiler-free, stay away completely. Abstaining from anything SW-related is the only way to be sure. ;)

KFistoRox - if you weren't attacking me, I apologize - but I was the last person who had posted, and you hadn't specified anyone else.

I hope this clears up any problems you might have had with this topic or any others. If not, feel free to respond or PM me.

14. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Whoa now. Everyone calm down! Just calm down! Look it is just meant as a warning. It is not meant to tempt anyone, just to help them avoid seeing it if they wish. Who is to say that you wouldn't walk through a bookstore and see this book randomly. With this warning, you have the option of not going to the bookstor or not browsing amazon.com. Doesn't really matter. This character's face will be all over every episode 3 promotional item in the next year. You can only avoid it so long but it will eventually be seen by all. It is what lucasfilm wants.

15. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Ok, the point of this thread has been made. I'm closing this now to prevent things from getting too heated.

In the future, it's probably a better idea to just post a warning in our Spoiler Alert thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.