main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beware of the SW:TCG "$2.99 Value 2-pack"!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by RedneckJedi, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    While perusing the Trading Card section (by the checkout, not in the Toy Dept.) of Target, I ran across some cheap-looking blister card 2-packs (similar to Yu-Gi-Oh) that had SW:TCG 11-card booster packs in them. As I flipped through them, I found Attack of the Clones, A New Hope, Jedi Guardians, and Rogues and Scoundrels packs. I thought it was a pretty good deal, so I started picking them up.

When I did though, I thought some of the packs behind the front-facing pack looked funny for TCG packs. Upon close inspection, it turns out that all but the first pack I pulled contained 1 pack of SW:TCG cards, and 1 pack of Topps SW cards! The first pack had 1 pack of JG and 1 pack of AotC.

So, look carefully if you're just looking for TCG cards at a value price! The Topps packs are thicker and have text running along the side of the pack.

2. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Another thing to be aware of, I went to Target last night and found these repacks. They had a variety of packs facing the front, but after looking closely I noticed the pack behind them were 5-card AOTC packs. I only found one blister pack out of about 8 that had two full 11-card packs.

3. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    yeah most of those you get can have almost anything in them, i found a three pack with a potter pack in the middle, jaut have to keep a waytch out for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.