main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond KOTOR 3: The Mandalorian Wars

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord-Draco, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I'm taking a chance with this thread and before I go on, I would just like to say that this isn't in any shape or form a KOTOR 3 Speculation thread, there is already a thread for that. This isn't a KOTOR thread, nor is this a KOTOR 2 thread. This also isn't a thread that talks about KOTOR in general (I believe there is already a thread for that). This is a thread about what could be next after KOTOR 3, assuming that there is even a KOTOR 3. So I'm just telling you all that right now lol because I don't want this to lead off topic and turn into a KOTOR 2, KOTOR 2, KOTOR 1, or just KOTOR in general topics. If anything, this could be described as KOTOR 0, a prequel to KOTOR.

Lets assume that KOTOR 3 comes out on the 360 sometime late next year. Everything is solved and done. The Revan story is finished, the Exile's story is finished, everything is complete and the trilogy is done and all of our questions is answered. So whats next? I mean I guess you can say KOTOR 4, but that wouldn't be logical, just wouldn't make any sense. So I say KOTOR 0. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- The Mandalorian Wars. Yeah yeah yeah I know it sounds cheezy, but just think about it. The Mandalorian Wars throughout KOTOR and KOTOR 2 has played a valuable role. Both of the lead characters in both games are Mandalorian vets, Reven being a commanding Leader and the Exile being a General.

So what if after KOTOR 3 they made a prequel to KOTOR that takes place at the start of the War and ends at the end of the War. Who would you play as? I really don't know....thats for us to disscuss about. Would we play as Revan? Would we play as the Exile? Or would we just play as some random made up person? Who knows, but one thing that could be a hinderance is the LS/DS factor. In KOTOR/KOTOR 2 you could goto the LS or DS depending on your choices throughout the game, and the games storyline will shape and end around those choices. But with the War, we already know how it shaped up. The Jedi/Republic started out as good guys, and at the end, the Jedi became Sith and the Republic that fought became soliders to the Sith. See, if Revan/Exile is the playable character then it would cause problems because no matter how good you make Revan, he'll still end up bad. No matter how bad you make the Exile, hes still going to not become a Sith etc etc etc. So it would really be better off to have just a normal random Jedi to be the playable character. So if you make him or her LS then the game would end with the Jedi not following the Sith and fleeing back to the Academy on Dantooine, awaiting KOTOR 1. If DS, the you'll become a Sith and work under Revan's/Malak's rule.

As for the Storyline, it would follow along the lines of what Republic Commando did. The Mandalorian War will be the backdrop of the core story, just as the Clone War was the backdrop for Republic Commando. But there would be a solid story for the game. It just wouldn't be you going from planet to planet fighting in the war. So to steal an idea from Republic Commando, you would be a special task force Jedi, just like Delta Squad in RC. So you wouldn't fight in the actual war, like on the battlefield, but you would be more of a rogue person. Like a "Special Forces" type. So your party members will follow along with this idea. You'll have a few Jedi party members as well as some republic Soliders, a droid etc etc etc. These party members just like the ones in KOTOR/KOTOR 2 will have their backstories and whatnot. As for what the storyline will be like? Who knows. Who will the main villian be? Lord Mandalore? Again who knows. But the game will be nice because it will have a lot of elements thats shown in KOTOR and KOTOR 2.

What do you guys think? Believe something like this would work?

Discuss away.

If this has already been discussed, then please re-direct me to the thread and lock this one, however I did my searching and I couldn't find a thread thats just like this one.

To be fair, I don't see any reason why this does'n

2. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    I would really like for the Kotor series not to die, and this seems like a viable game for Lucas to make, but i think they will end with kotor 3. They better make 3 or else theres gonna be a lotta angry fanboys.

But the game sounds viable. Id like to participate in the Mandalorian Wars, see what it all was about, that would be really cool. Like you say, the Mandalorian Wars played a key part in both kotor 1 and 2, so defining what happened then would be really awesome. Id say taht a new character would have to be made up, too, because of the continuity questions that would arise if you chose a different side to the Force and whatnot... Kotor 3 will probably have you playing a new character, too for the same reasons, almost.

Anyway, this game (if it would ever be considered) would be a while in the making as 3 has yet to be even announced yet.

3. sisyphusrocks

sisyphusrocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2005
    How many more prequels do we want? None more!

But seriously I would like to see the backstory explored as well, maybe not in KOTOR format though.

I don't like you chances.

4. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Well this is just a Just for fun type thread. Lol, we still have a KOTOR 3 to get to so I'm not saying that this is a game that will happen or should happen, but more like....what if it did happen.

But like I said, it is a just for fun thread. You know, just something to add more depth to the gaming forum.

You are also right, the main character should be a new person. Hell, who knows, maybe you could even meet up with Reven somewhere in the game.

5. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    I think i'd want a book first for a Mandolarian War, then make a vidogame, And not in KOTOR format. Maybe something along the lines of Battlefront.

6. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Battlefront but with a lightsaber. lol so make another jedi knight game then. That would be cool. I do think that the kotor style game is getting to be too much of it. A jedi knight type game would own during the mand. wars. Yeah. There should be space fights where youre in a fighter, melee fights aka jedi knight style, and then just have lots of other weapons to choose from. A game that would span many genres of gameplay would be cool.

7. sisyphusrocks

sisyphusrocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2005
    BF 2 is still going to have a lightsaber character isn't it.

I agree not in KOTOR format, too much of a good thing is bad, think about Jar Jar, for the first 3-4 frames on screen I liked him.

8. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Yes, yes,yes!!!!!!! Some of us would like another prequel if possible!!!!!!!,gosh!

9. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Lol, was that meant to be sarcastic?

10. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    I'd back a game like that Draco, sure.

It would be sweet if you could chose a side to see the wars through though - pick the Mandalorians(like Canderous) or the Republic(like Revan). It would also add more weight to the story of KOTORI if you can make and *control* revan's turn to the dark side at the end of a game like you propose.

I'd buy it.

11. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    NO

The KOTOR trilogy when its completed will be a masterpiece for the ages, I think we should leave it as it is, maybe a book or comic but I want no more games on it once 3 is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.