main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Beyond Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darklordoftech, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Old republic, Following revan and the jedi fighting the mandalorians. Dawn of the jedi maybe also.
    Sith game of thrones.

2. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm still not convinced these won't be cheesy tie-ins with existing Disney channel programming during the lead up to Rebels' release. It's already been confirmed there will be an EP IV send up of Phineas and Ferb. Maybe you've seen something I haven't, I don't know.

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I would like a Clone Wars/ROTS/Rebels bridging mini-series or something. A series set post ROTJ to Ep. 7 that fills in the gaps and maybe adapts some big EU storylines into a way that would fit into the ST continuity.

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Most important galactic events are covered by the EU, and going forward from Episode VII-IX I assume will be the domain of films.

So as far as TV goes, I think most stories worth telling IMO:

1.Origin of Sith/Jedi split
    2. Origin of Jedi Order
    3. Foundation of the Republic
    4. What transpired 1,000 years prior to TPM when the Republic was reformed and the Sith were (believed to be) wiped out

Pretty much all would require re-treading something already established elsewhere, but still I hope at least of these stories gets told.

I feel like at least 1 and 4 would add some much needed context as to how the Jedi and Sith relate to one another and in the case of 4, why the Rule of Two comes to be. They can contradict the EU, or they could adapt the EU as faithfully as possible into a different medium, but I feel like those tales need to be told or re-told in a medium that gets more exposure.

5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

Didn't TCW a childrens cartoon show have Maul murder children too. While Cad Bane tortured a Jedi to death and Ventress was kissing a clone as she killed him

6. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Yes. And regarding this, I'm rather certain that we wont see stuff like that in Rebels. Maybe in later projects but not in the upcoming one; it is just a feeling I have.

7. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012

Agreed, I believe Filoni said that the tone of Rebels is akin to A New Hope and will be more heroic and optimistic than the Clone Wars ever was.

8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I'm perfectly okay with a hopeful tone akin to ANH, but as others have said, the show focuses on the period known as "the Dark Times." So even if it's nearing the Rebellion era and the Jedi numbers have dwindled significantly since the end of the Clone Wars, I'd still expect a lot of 'dark' stuff to happen, or rather would be disappointed if they try to whitewash everything, or stick completely to a black-and-white conflict of Rebels vs. Empire; though admittedly, ANH was fairly black-and-white, Han Solo's character aside.

I'm hoping they at least retain some of the darker aspects of TCW, such as bloodless violence and partially obscured decapitations:

[​IMG]

To relate to to the topic, if not in Rebels, surely in whatever future TV shows they put out.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    ^ Even with the partial obscuring, that is still pretty rough.

10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    What about when Savage beheaded that whole room full of Xizors? There was a shot (cut from TV, but restored in the DVD/BRD I believe) of the table lined by headless Falleen corpses. More graphic than the mostly-obscured Vizsla beheading. Also more graphic than the quad-beheading in AFIN, where you see the cuts but only get two or three frames to see the heads start to topple from the shoulders, if you're very quick.

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, that Savage multi-beheadings shot was pretty rough too. But somehow funnier. :p

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    A lot of the obvious stories to tell in the Star Wars universe are based around Sith vs. Jedi with the peripheral entities (Republic vs. Separatists, Rebellion vs. Empire) existing around this core conflict.

In other words, the same basic conflict over and over and over, only with different Jedi and different Sith lords (and different numbers of Sith lords depending on the era). I feel like they really need to diversify the stories to give the franchise longevity on TV or in films. The idea was put forth in films of "spinoffs" following lesser characters and I kind of think they should re-visit the idea of Star Wars Underworld for a future TV show, or at least the concept of basing shows in other areas of the Star Wars universe outside of Sith and Jedi.

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love something set during Dooku's lifetime (to give a timeframe) but before the Clone Wars.

14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Dooku and Qui-Gon during the latter's padawanship?

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    exactly

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If it's written the way a particular scene in Plagueis was written, it'll be awesome.

Smartass Qui-Gon FTW.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Yes please!

18. Master Kinard

Master Kinard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2013
    Absolutely freaking THIS.

19. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Definitely post TPM and pre-TPM with Anakin and Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon and Dooku. The problem with the former is that I'm not sure Anakin could be done properly, as kids in Star Wars rarely are. Just take TPM for instance.

20. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    As mentioned earlier by Darth Valkyrus - I've always wanted to see a short series or mini-series detailing the Thrawn Trilogy...

Luke and Mara's blooming relationship was one of the things that I thought would be awesome to watch if done with good acting and directing (and writing). When I read those books, I love their crazy story of interacting with each other despite the predisposed feelings they already have - I've always enjoyed it even more than Han and Leia's relationship/arc in the OT

EDIT: Live action of course - and not afraid to have an older (18-35) demographic audience

21. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

I would imagine that there is an extremely good chance that the next series (once Rebels is done) will take place in the same time period that Thrawn took place. Now Disney has stated numerous times that they will not be relying real heavily on the EU so Thrawn likely will not be in it but it likely will cover that same time period. It will likely give us the backstory for everything that will be set up in the ST.

22. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Yea I was going to say, I doubt this will ever happen though because I have a feeling Disney is going to erase all EU continuity from ROTJ onward to make way for their own vision...it saddens me...

23. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Well if they do... **** em.

I'd suggest in that case, a bunch of fans 3d-print a 12 foot tall full color statue of Thrawn and deposit him at disney's front gate in Burbank California, along with a banner reading "Thrawn Lives!" Right outside the gate. The plastic statue would be hollow and filled with concrete, making it impossible to carry away by hand. It would be transported to location and erected by one of those flatbed trucks with a hydraulic arm that are used to offload supplies at construction sites. The statue could be offloaded and stood up in seconds, before security knew what was going on. Roll up, offload statue, drive off. Take a bunch of photos and video and then leave, and try to make it viral online. Fire the footage of the statue's installation off to news orgs, see if any of them pick it up.

Because if you're going to rage, might as well stage a demonstration that puts across a point and a strong grievance, rather than impotently ranting on the Internet.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I could see Thrawn getting a "canon promotion".

Anyway, how about "Star Wars: The New Sith Wars"? It would take place during the New Sith Wars.

25. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

And 95% of the people who view the footage would go "Who the hell is Thrawn"