main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Beyond the big two: lesser Force traditions in the GFFA

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gamiel, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I saw it and now when I think about it I should probably have mentioned that. The reason I did not was that I was focusing on, well, traditions and those were more of suggestions. I plan to quote those in the future.

could have fooled me with all the lightsabres :p but I had hopped they would present three or four smaller Force traditions in such a way that you could easily play one :(

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

You don’t have to be a Jedi to use a Lightsabre ;) especially not in a FFG game.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    True but when people see somebody using a lightsabre they think jedi. Also if all the non-named characters we see in F&D are non-jedi the jedi most have lost a lot of ligthsabres since so many seems to be able to get their hands on one or even two.

4. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Well most Jedi built several sabres in their lifetime and not like they break with age. Just tons of sabres left from thousands of years of use.;)

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    True but most jedi built a new one after their old one have been destroyed and I think the Empire worked hard to have a monopoly on 'sabres.

But now I want some Star Wars Tales comic have the main characters looking for the "last resting place of lightsabres" you know like elephants' graveyard :p

6. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Hell Luke alone must have found close to 50 in the old EU.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think Luke was around 60-70 when Crucible came out.

8. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    64 actually, but I really was referring to the amount of Lightsabres he found in his adventures ;)

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I only remember that chest full of them on Ossus, below the ent jedi, where/when else did he find second hand ligthsabres?

10. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

That, as well as that you have to consider the amount of Dark Siders he killed and presumably kept their sabres.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Point but they don't really count in this discussion since barley trained Force adepts* should not really have the ability to kill dark siders with light sabres.

* Unless they are the curent bearer of the beard of course.

12. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    But the Dark Siders he kept facing were either hardly trained or his own students. ;)

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So were do all the Force adept in F&D then get their lightsabres?

14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    They are kind of supposed to build their own once they are able, but might get given one, find one, steal it, or take it from a fallen enemy etc.

15. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    What does everyone think of Zakuul? It's unknown how influenced the Knights and Scions are by the Sith teachings of Vitiate (given that Vitiate is no longer calling himself Sith), but they're certainly fascinating, and by virtue of Valkorion and Sons, have attained more power than any other 'lesser Force tradition.'

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is that really wise? I mean, using a lightsabre is like painting a big red target at your back for the Empire.

17. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Of course you should not go around waving it at Imperials ;)

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Kiffar guardian: I have not see this kind of wounds in a long time. Those criminals was killed by a lightsabre, best to call the Inquisitors so they can take care of this power mad vigilant.

Gorefiend likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    From the Endnotes for Star Wars: The Unknown Regions by Daniel Wallace taken from http://geekosity.blogspot.se/2010/04/endnotes-for-star-wars-unknown-regions.html

Darthmaul208 and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks to LelalMekha for informing me of this.
    Here is what the wook' have to say about one of them:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Xiath
    Yes! A new Force tradition in the NEU and it is not combat oriented or some kind of jedi/sith splinter group. Happy dance time [face_dancing]

21. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    " At some point during the Imperial blockade of the Anoat sector, a young smuggler from Burnin Konn visited Xiath in his lair, the Ancient Palace on Hosra. Sensing the Force-sensitivity of his visitor, Xiath offered to train the smuggler."

Has this smugger already had his eyes opened to the Force in some capacity? If not then boooooooooooo.

[​IMG]

But I do like the introduction of a non-martial Force organisation. :p

LelalMekha likes this.
  22. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Basically, what Xiath tells your PC is that the advisers help the nobles feel and respect the interconnectivity of life and time, and also teach them how to sense incoming dangers (to avoid persecutions).

Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

So they have a mastery of Precognition. The same type of talent that lets the Jedi foresee events in the long-term as well as anticipate attacks in combat. I would be interested to see if they have the power to influence physical objects at all. The Nightsisters displayed their own form of Telekinesis, which seems to imply that the Force as a whole has certain things it can do, regardless of the wielder's education.

24. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    The array of powers that Xiath can teach your PC is a pretty standard "Light Side set of powers": Cloud Mind (which is a stun power), Debris Barrier (using the Force to send debris whirling), Force Healing, Force Leap, Force Pull, Whirlwind (a Force-enhanced sweeping movement with a melee weapon).

25. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

That is an extensive array of abilities. Their non-martial nature clearly does not mean that they are defenseless. Most impressive.