main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Beyond the big two: lesser Force traditions in the GFFA

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gamiel, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The Zeison Sha force tradition first appeared in Star Wars RPG: Hero’s Guide from Wizards of the Coast as a new force using class/group for the players and GM to use. In the Hero’s Guide it was stated that the Zeison Sha force tradition begun "Nearly two millennia before the rise of the Empire[...]" but in the Knights of the Old Republic II, that takes place nearly four millennia before the rise of the Empire, we can get our hands on something called Zeison Sha armour (that looks like Zam Wessel's armour) and we are informed that
    [​IMG]

Do we have anything that graft those two statements together?

:confused:

2. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    KOTOR II wasn't very careful with its chronology.

Gamiel likes this.
  3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Dawn of the Jedi ;)

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we know what abilities/techniques the Wardens of the Sky's have? How are they organized? Also am I alone to want to see them covered in the SW equivalence of old school seaman tattoos, yarr

Really?

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Legions of Lettow. Why didn't they become "an idea" like the Sith? What were their ideas?

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Legions of Lettow died. The Dark Jedi were exiled, and became rulers of the Sith Empire. That's why.

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In that case the Sith were a lineage, not an "idea".

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The idea was just given a name, and made serious dark-siders synonymous with Sith.

10. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    The Legions of Lettow were probably less hardcore than what became synonymous with the Sith.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What kind of stories could we see the Legions of Lettow in?

12. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    A Dawn of the Jedi follow-up that jumps about a thousand years into the future.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Morning of the Jedi?

darklordoftech likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd love to read Morning of the Jedi. The First Great Schism needs elaboration.

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    As we move forward, we are going to start to see and read different things with the force and force groups. The Clone Wars series already introduced Mortis, the Dathomir Witches in a new light, plus other tid bits here and there. I can expect this to be an on-going thing as we move forward into the future. To just say that what came before is going to remain, is unrealistic.

16. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

Hopefully what we get in the future is better than Mortis. If that's what's going to be added, i'd prefer they just stick to what the movies gave us.

17. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I don't really get the Mortis hate. I can understand disliking what Denning did with it, but in the confines of the show it was the best work done in TCW, and the best work done with the Force since the NJO.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I just can't take anything TCW did seriously, and I have no interest in a personification of the balance of the Force or whatever Mortis was supposed to be. I never even bothered to watch TCW, because the premise of Anakin being knighted almost immediately after Geonosis and having a Padawan is completely meaningless to me.

19. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    So you've never seen it and don't know what it is but you don't like it. Plus completely unrelated reasons. Gotcha.

Contessa and Gamiel like this.
  20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    How about this, I utterly despise the concept of an extremely powerful family of Force users that are so powerful they muddy everything, and see no difference between the Ones and Abeloth.

21. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I dislike the idea of Luke fighting Vader on Dagobah.

22. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

I don't really think that's saying much, as the show itself was fairly terrible, and most stuff Post-NJO also isn't anything to write home about. That being said, I think the best work done with it was the presentation of Anakin Skywalker's character as a whole. Mortis however was just a terrible, terrible idea.

23. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Well, put it this way: it's the best work done with the Force apart from the NJO.

I suspect if it was in a comic or novel people would love it. Unless it was written by Denning.

Gamiel and darklordoftech like this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So any one of the lesser Force traditions that we know about that people would like to see more from? And in what way?

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I want to see more from the Legions of Lettow and the Principles of Rajivari. I'm curious about their ideology.