main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Beyond the Blue: What if Alderaan wasn't destroyed? ( H/Le L/V Bail/Obi) AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by L-O-S, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L-O-S

L-O-S Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    Hey everyone. It's been 2 years since my last visit and I thought I should come back. I started a story, somewhat under this same headline, and I thought it would be cool if I started it again as a pass around so that everyone who had an idea could make a contribution. So if you want to add on go for it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Leia couldn't believe that Vader had let her off that easy. No interrogation, no prison sentences...just a warning. Something inside her told her that this was not good, that she should be careful about her movements for the next few days. Perhaps she could persuade her rebel crew to go along with her to Alderaan...she could use some time to talk to her father, and it would be nice to talk to Winter again. She came into the hanger bay where Lord Vader had placed a ship for their use, until they arrived safely back to Alderaan.

She and her crew had spent three weeks on an Imperial creation the size of a small moon. She had heard the term "Death Star" used several times to indicate that this was some sort of super weapon. She preferred to think that it mite juts be a hyped up star destroyer. Now a week after being transferred onto a Victory Class star destroyer, Leia saw that it was in fact quite capable of being a weapon of mass destruction.

She was now walking up the ramp to her new lambada class ship, not too bad considering what they had started with. She decided Alderaan was the way to go. She felt much more at ease with herself now that the Death Star had left orbit and entered hyperspace for Dantooie just over 6 days ago. She was glad that there were no inhabitants of that desolate planet, she was even more glad that Vader had simply said "that?s enough...for now after she had "spilled all that she new" about the rebels. Soon, in fact any minute the death Star would be reaching Dantooie.

"Captain Hearn can you take us to Alderaan, I need to go home as soon as possible."

"Of course your Highness, I?m sure the crew would love to have a short stop over. How long do you intend to stay?" the pilot asked as he manoeuvred their new ship, which was to replace the one ram-shacked by the imperials just a few days ago.

"Not too long, I just sense this urgency, almost like..." Leia stopped as she felt a sudden twist on her consciousness, her mind reeled, she couldn't catch her breath...it felt as though she was falling into a dark abyss, a black hole where no one would be able to get her out not even herself...she was engulfed by the darkness...

"Princess...Princess...Princess Leia...?" inquired a quite chirpy voice. "Princess Leia, are you okay?"

Leia suddenly came to full alertness and found a golden droid hovering over her head. The familiar sound of hyper dive engines in the background. Her head hurt, and she felt like something terrible had just happened. What was wrong with her? She was safe... so was the rebel alliance. Vader couldn't possibly know where they were located. Yavin IV is so remote...how could he know? So what was wrong?

"I?m okay Threepio" she responded though not fully aware of how she really was. " Are we on route to Alderaan?"
    "why no Your highness, we are not. I believe that we area actually on our way to Mos Eisley, on Tatooine. That was what you said just before you became unconscious. Did you not..."

"What? What are you talking about..."Leia became acutely aware that she had been practically screaming. "Princesses do not yell or scream, they are quick witted, smart clever, funny, charming, and they never ever scream" Came the old saying her aunts had enforced on her a s a child and even now, being an adult by galactic standards.

"I'm sorry threepio. I?m just not myself today. "Leia than became aware of another strange thought. Like someone was reading her mind and pleading with her to come to Tatooine. "We will keep the course unless I give word to change it."
    It was than that she became aware of her surroundings. How long had she been unconscious? Why would they have moved her into her room? Disregarding her thoughts she cl

2. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    it looks good, but run it though a spell checker next time!

3. L-O-S

L-O-S Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    Thanks for the imput. I've found a much better way to post it, while still having correct spelling..a little thing called copy and paste form Micro. Word.!! If you like the story so far i'll try to get some more up in a little while, probably on Sunday or Monday.

Thanks for reading!!

4. L-O-S

L-O-S Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003

Hey Again! I figure that if I get more of the story up it mite increase readership, so here is a new post, kind of short though?but more will follow. Let me know what you think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Tarkin wondered whether or not it was a good idea to let the princess leave. She may have gotten news of what this Space Station was really for. He wondered even more about whether or not Dantooine was really the location of the Rebel Alliance. He wouldn?t dare voice his thoughts to Lord Vader. He would ring his neck?literally.

Vader looked at Tarkin knowing full while what the Moff was thinking. The Princess would soon be boarding the Star Destroyer that would give her a ship so that she could leave. He knew the chances of the rebel base actually being on Dantooine was very remote?but the Imperial Senate didn?t wish to ruffle feathers with the systems that they were residing over. They feared the rebellion would grow to a much larger size if we didn?t listen to the needs of those systems that had ties with people in the rebellion.

?Set a Course for Dantooine.? Vader commanded. ?We will now deal with the rebels, and make sure that they no longer pose any threat against our Emperor.?

?The course is set Sir. We should arrive in 6 standard days.? Replied the insigne, in a rather shaky voice.

?Very while insigne. When we arrive at Dantooine you will notify me at once.? And with that Vader turned away and headed back to his room.

Leia was sure she looked like a fool, picking herself up off the ground, with this man whom she had never met before laughing at her. What nerve! Didn?t he know who she was? As she finished brushing herself off she noticed that he had a slight scar on his chin and wondered how he had gotten it. Than remembering that she had yet to introduce herself, she put out her hand and waited for his laughter to subside.

Han looked at the Princess in bewilderment through his squinted eyes full of laughter. She had just stuck out her hand, as if to shake his hand when he just couldn?t control it anymore. He laughed even harder as her look became more furious, and more confused. He was about to take her hand when she abruptly took it back and walked onto Chewie without so much as a word. He looked over at Luke who stood there with a funny smirk on his face as if to say ?Yeah, and once they pick themselves up you make yourself look like a fool!? Han turned on his heals and took off towards his hanger bay.

?Why that half-witted, scruffy looking , Nerf-Hearder!? Leia was absolutely fuming. She had tried to act regal but he had shot her down. She turned away form him and went on to his friend who appeared to be a Wookie, form the planet Kashyyk. She had seen a few wookies over her life, and knew a bit about their honour codes. But she didn?t know how to speak any of the language so she simply shook his hand and waited as Ben came up beside her and guided her out to the sandy air of Tatooine.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    while there's the next part of the story, Enjoy!

5. Jedi_E_Solo

Jedi_E_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    L-O-S: This is great! Keep it comin'!

:)

6. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Wow this is really cool. I like weird stories like this one. Why would Vader let Leia go? Is he nicer in this story?

7. L-O-S

L-O-S Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    Thanks for reading guys...and gals...And in response to you question Scuiggefest, You will probably find out in a few more post just why Leia was "let" go. Unfortunately I will not be able to post the next part for a while, I'm going away for three days, so maybe this Friday you will see more...remember tot ell your friends!!

Let?s get on with the story writing.!
    Oh and by the way the Denuro Astroid belt is to my knowledge something I made up. It?s one of the most treacherous areas to fly in, in or out of Hyper space.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    "Ben it's been so great of you to come and meet me. I wish I could come back to Alderaan with you. I haven?t seen my father would in such a long time. You haven't been back since my mother died over 10 years ago, we have much to catch up on." Leia knew she needed to come back Ben with him. She also needed to help save the alliance.

"I'm not sure yet Leia. You know I'd love for you to come back with me. But I may be putting you and too many others who are essential to the alliances survival at risk." Ben responded taking a glance back at Han and Luke as they followed behind. Chewie had already run ahead tot eh falcon and was prepping it for a flight to the planet Megastar, where the new rebel base was set up. He hoped that Leia?s diversion would be enough for them to evacuate Yavin IV. He?d hated the possibility that the Emperor may have found out exactly where the base was. He didn?t understand exactly why she?d been let go after only a week of a prison term.

?I?m going to send you with Han and Luke to Megastar, Chewie of course will also be going, as he hates the Empire as much as any of us, and also has a life debt to Han. You will be safe. I on the other hand must precede to Alderaan my self. I will join you at the new base as soon as my work is finished.?

?Yeah don?t worry about a thing princess!? Interupted Han, he wasn?t going to let her think that he didn?t know exactly what he was doing. There was no telling what ol? Ben mite say to her about him, and his piloting skills. ? I?m one of the fastest pilots in the galaxy, I?ve shaved 12 parsecs off the Kessell run, more than any other Pi??

?Okay, okay! Han I think She gets the picture. Maybe you should try some of those lines on a bantha. You?d get a better ??Luke laughed at his friend much to his own expense, as Leia than interrupted him.

?Oh and I suppose you think your such a hot shot pilot? You probably think you could pilot your way through the Denuro astroid belt, without even hitting a hot spot.? Leia pounced on Luke?s attempts to make himself look like the bigger man. Right now she really didn?t care that she wasn?t acting royal, and dignified. It felt good to be able to respond to someone without having to worry about what people were saying behind her back.

?Enough of this!? Ben had enough, ?You are all going to need to learn how to behave yourself, as you will be spending approximately 2 weeks together on the confines of the ship, the Millenium Falcon?

Leia rounded the corner and saw the ugliest thing that she had ever laid her eyes on. It made a Hut look like an Alderaanian Jazmen.

Hope you guys all enjoyed the last post of this week?look for the next this Friday or Saturday! Happy Easter, or Easter weekend?

8. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I like it! :) I'll be waiting for more :)

J_Girl

9. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

Must UP! ;)

10. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Story-Looking forward to more

11. L-O-S

L-O-S Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    Hey guys, sorry it?s been so long but my homework load is incredible! But never fear for those of you who like the story I will continue. This story also has a lot of dialogue, I?m trying to get to the good parts but don?t worry, only a few more posts and some interesting things should happen!
    Oha nd another thing. I ahven?t read any stories about what alderaan was really like so I?m amking most of this up! Hope you like
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Leia, Luke and Chewie where now en route to Malastare. They had been in hyperspace for approximately 1 week. With 1 week left Leia had been wary of spending so much time with these three new companions whom she barely knew. She had tried to prep them on what they would be asked to do as a member of the alliance?or even as a part time shipper, or supplier. They seemed somewhat enthused by the description of possible duties. But if they were as good as pilots as the said they were they?d most likely be flying fighter missions.

?So Princess. Howabout a game of holo chess?? Solo asked with that stupid grin on his face. Leia could swear that she had seen so many of Han Solo?s infuriating lopsided grins that she?d have that face etched in her memory forever.

?Aw come on Han, you know she?ll only beat you.? Luke said as he entered into the lounge. ?How many times does it take to teach you a lesson??

? Well I don?t know kid! Maybe she should play me again. Maybe than I?ll learn my lesson.? Or at least I?ll have a chance to sit with her with no interruptions, Han thought to himself. He hated to admit it. But he was becoming rather fond of this princess. The way she constantly contradicted him?

?Well Solo, if that?s what it takes to teach you a lesson, than that?s what we?ll do.? Han was jerked out of his thoughts by Leia?s voice. Her voice like always managed to sound sweet, even though she was tearing him apart.

?Oh and why don?t we make this interesting??? inquired Leia. She wanted to make him suffer for that first day. She wanted him to be eating out of her hand. ?Why don?t we place a couple of bets? ?

?Like how much??

?Han this really isn?t a good idea!? Luke interjected.

?I know what I?m doing!? Han replied in his don?t but in to my business kid or I?ll send my wookie after you voice.

?How about if I win, you let me fly the falcon for 2 months. If you win?you can?Ill make sure you get into Alderaan, and are treated like a princess?or a I mean King!?

?What! That?s all I?m gonna get but you?ll be flying my ship! I don?t think so!?

?Why are you scared??

?no?it?s just that the Falcon means a lot to me! I don?t want you to break her!? Han started to turn towards the cockpit ready to back down form the challenge.

?A rancour could fly the falcon better than you fly boy!? Han spun around on his foot.
    ?you?ve got a deal you worshipfulness!?

?Han?..!!? Luke didn?t like the looks of this. Han was definitely going to lose.

?Ben I know that your worried about her. But she?s doing a good job. The Imperials don?t even know what she?s doing.? Bail Organa said as they turned the corner into the presidential residence area. The Alderaanian Palace was beautiful. One of the most brilliant architectural schemes in the Empire. The Kashyyk wood floors were beautiful, with intricate carvings around the edges of all the floors, and pictures carved into the middle of the halls. Each wing of the palace had a special design.

?I know she?s doing a wonderful job. But I?m sure her talents could be best used if she was in my care. Luke has done much under my direction. She could be just as good as him if she were allowed the time. Even if she was just allowed to know. I?ve contacted her mother. She wants Leia to know.?

?I don?t know. She?s only 18.?

? Most of the Jedi started training at young ages. Many as young as 3 or 4. She needs to know.? Ben was pleading with Bail. He refused however to let him know that Anakin had started training at a late age. Times were changing. So were the training techniques. He had even told Luke that if he ever found s

12. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

Oooh, I can't wait to find out how the game turned out and what happens with Leia maybe training as a Jedi. :)

Keep posting, please. :)

J_Girl

13. L-O-S

L-O-S Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    Hey guys..it's been a while since i last worte so hears a short snippet of whats to come (a rather significant if not insignificant part.)
    Haha...hope you enjoy this little post till tommorow

Leia's brow was furrowed with concentration. Han leaned back enjoying the site of the flustered princess. She had been looking at teh holo board for over 10 minutes deciding what her move would be. He had her. He was gonna win. She was slowly advancing on the right side of the board with her Chancellor, but his viceroy was safely tucked away form her grasps.

Leia bolted upright form her slouched position. She ahd him. She was gonna win. 10 minutes of concentration was worth it. He was gonna cry. The thought of that overgrown ex-smuggler crying made her smile.

He gave her a look. What's she thinking. Too abd i din't hagve any of those jedi mine trick thigns. What i wouldn't give to be able to see what she's thinking. HEr hand moved towards the board.

She moved her ahnd towards teh board, slowly picked up her chancellor and set him down beside han's Viceroy. HAd she won? she looked at the sourounding players. She had Him for Sure!

Han looked at teh preveiously vacant spot. He looked form where teh new player came from and that spot. How had he missed that? He had just let her win! She would get to use th falcon. Ever so quietly and with teh faintest hint of a smile shw looked up to him and said
    "So how exactly do you fly this thing? I mite need to know before i try to land it at base!"

She wathced as colour drained form his face. Luke who had been sitting across the room with the droids fell on the floor laughing. Han slowly got up and went to his bunk. Leia could swear she heard teh faint sound of a crying man in tehre. She smiled. Who ever said revenge wasn't sweet?

!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well tahst all i ahve for now...enjoy

14. L-O-S

L-O-S Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    Well I?m getting a few more posts in while I can. It seems to be rather hard during school so while I have a temp vacation I?ll get in as many as possible. Here's the next little chapter.
    This may seem slow...but I hope to have some nice things on their way.
    Luke silently laughed. He couldn't help but smile at the exasperated picture that Han's face portrayed as he watched Leia go up the ramp to the falcon with Chewie earlier that morning. Han had taken Chewie aside and had probably told Chewie to keep on eye on his machine.

Luke was now on his way to base command where he and Han would be debriefed about a new mission, involving Leia, Chewbacca, Han, himself, and a few other people. Two droids who had been on the princess?s ship when she'd come to Tatooine would be present as well. They had made themselves pretty scarce on their way to Malastare, one night liking space travel that much and the other, while the other was like an overly hyper Ewok. They were good droids though and seemed somewhat familiar. In 1 week the party would be leaving for Alderaan, Leia's home world. Luke had heard much about the planet, much from old pilots who used to be smugglers.

Luke reached the command centre. It was full of all different kinds of species. He could feel their emotions run over him like a tidal wave. He was glad Ben had insisted on showing him how to shut out the thoughts of others. The leader was Mon Mothma. Leia had shown him a picture so that he would know her when he saw her. He looked over in her direction and caught her eyes. She eyed him sceptically, but than smiled and waved him over. Luke slowly headed in her direction only to be distracted when Han came running into to room yelling something about tie fighters and probes. Luke ran to his friend.

The room erupted into chaos. Everyone rushed to their commanding posts or the defence positions. Han could her a rumble off in the distance. AT walkers were on their way. Han remembered his old experiences with the empire. He did not want to get caught. He wished he had the falcon.

~~~~~~~~~
    Leia left the planetary shield. She tried a few loops, with chewie sitting so close to her that she could hear the sound of his heart beating. All in all this wasn't a bad little ship it had a lot of manoeuvrability. She checked her instruments only to find that there were 4 incoming ships. She quickly checked their signatures. She felt an odd presence. But why would she feel this. That was something she'd expect Luke to say. Chewbacca quickly took over as pilot and Leia shifted over to co-pilot to help check the identities of the ships. They were Imperial! Leia risked a glance over at Chewie; he was tensing up and on the com. She heard Han's voice becoming frantic than cool down at one of the woookies words, but the wookie became tenser. She noticed that they were fleeing away from the imperial ships. She couldn't say that it was a bad idea; actually she kind of was glad to be on their way back to base. The shield opened up to let them through, Chewie changed their vector. They were now headed a little bit south east of the base. Leia glanced down as they flew over a century old pod-racing track. Burn marks littered the coarse. Over in the distance she saw some odd shaped vehicles headed slowly towards the base.

"Chewie...Those are ST Walker, we have to get rid of them they could decimate us". Leia could now count the number: 44. How had so many arrived with out their knowledge? Had the empire been able to perfect their cloaking devices? Leia grabbed the com and signalled Mon Mothma's link.
    "Mon Mothma here."
    "I?m sorry to tell you this but there are 44 At walkers headed your direction. There presence feels. I don?t' know funny. I think something more than an imperial attack is going on."

"Leia are you sure? What do you mean the presence feels funny? Leia?"

Leia felt herself slipping away. Someone was inside her head.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Luke heard what Leia said. He had to agree. There was a peculiar feeling coming, t

15. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

I'm glad Leia won the game. :) Sounds like things are getting exciting. Are we in for a battle?

16. lara_jade-skywalker

lara_jade-skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2003
    hehehe leia get to fly The Falcon .

17. L-O-S

L-O-S Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    Hey Everyone here is yet another post in rather quick succession. OH and thanks to all those who are reading! Here?s some more. Note: As far as I know Reggie is my own character. If someone else has also used a Reggie I?m sorry! While this post is plenty longer than originally planned but maybe i'll get past the 1st page!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Luke do you know who this is?" Luke shook his head even though he knew the voice in his head couldn't see what he was doing. He was starting to worry about Leia. She was up in the sky when the Imperials came. What if she's been hurt? Luke fell to his knees, the voice in his head commanding his body.

"Do not worry about your sister, she will be well taken care of." Luke gasped. He didn't understand what the voice had said. He didn't have a sister.

"Leia...you don't have to run away." Leia wasn't sure what the voice meant, or who it belonged to for that matter. But it sounded oddly familiar.

Leia was worrying about Luke and Han. They may not have known each other for long, but she still had become close to the two.
    The voice spoke again, shocking Leia into listening.

"Yes...Your brother. Did you know Princess? Your a Jedi, just like your..." the voice was cut off. Leia jerked back into awareness. Worry creased her brow, as she noticed Chewie, drenched in what could only be wookie sweat, piloting the falcon around a pod-racing track that they had been going over several minutes ago. He was making sharp turns around deadly corners. Leia's heart was leaping out of her chest. She had a brother?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reggie turned the corner to his apartment. Another day well done. He had found out some rather interesting information about the Princess more than anyone would have thought him able to find. The rumours about the princess being a Jedi were true. The old man who had just recently come to Alderaan had confirmed that suspicion. Reg popped out small recording device that he had hidden in a data pad and started to play back the most recent ?secret meeting? about the princess.

?Ben I?ve heard that too. I?m not sure what to make of it. If there really is a leak than I?ll find someway to uncover the source but until then we must act as though nothing has happened.?

?Yes. Your right, but this doesn?t make me feel any better about it. They should have been on their way to us. Already in hyperspace. I feel as though something has gone terribly wrong.? Replied Ben, worry was quite apparent in his voice thought Reg to himself.

?Have you heard any news about imper??

?Hush?there is??
    Reg stood up in shock. He couldn?t hear their conversation. What was happening? He stopped the machine than pulled out the data disk; there was a small piece of metal that was wedged in just enough that the sensors could pick up nothing more than the scenes happening around him. Lord Vader would not be happy, nor would the Emperor. Reg stuck the disk in a box sitting beside his chair. He wasn?t very happy with himself. Two chances with the emperor and he was going to be a very grave man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Leia?s heart began to calm down, Chewie was still busy piloting the falcon through the winding turns of the Malastare pod-racing course, Leia could see the tall shapes of the alliances head quarters looming ahead. Chewie barked something she couldn?t understand, but he started to gesture towards the controls, and Leia flung he hands to the board quickly going over some possible ideas to shake the tie-fighters off their tail. Chewie got up and headed down towards the quad canons, she was unsure of taking the controls in a combat situation, but decided she didn?t have much choice now that the wookie was gone. In her minds eye she could still feel the eerie presence that had told her news that should have made her happy, exuberant. Leia?s hands felt along the controls for the comm. Unit, once found she tried to let out a message relaying the imperial coordinates, only to find that Han was still on the comm. She h

18. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

Must be a pretty terrifying situation for Leia to be scared.

More, please. :)

J_Girl

19. L-O-S

L-O-S Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    Hey everyine it's em agian, unfortunately i wont be posting just yet...but hopefully in a few days.

Just checking up, and i also wanted to keep this close to the top. IF anybody has any suggestions to make my writting more clear, or to develop the plot better PM me and i'll see what i can do...

I'm suffering a serious case of partial writes block!!

Thanks everyone for reading. Be back on saturday.
    L-O-S

20. L-O-S

L-O-S Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2003
    HEy everyone...well i was not back on saturday like i said i would be. But i hope to be posting again shortly, but exams have started and i have the unfortunate inconveniance of haveing to study in order tog et good grades...I hope to have something up in a few weeks,till than..UP UP
    L-O-S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.