main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beyond the Knight (Star Wars/Batman Crossover - Post Dark Knight)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    ?It was addition.

One thing joined to another to create a whole, a picture of the total. As a child, in his first steps
    and baby teeth, he?d learned the simple art, playing with muja fruit.

He had all the pieces laid out before him, the evidence needed to identify his mother?s killer, but
    simple could not be confused with easy. Try as his grief stricken mind did, it could not make the
    pieces fit together.

Not even a meter away, lay his mother, her arms and legs left akimbo, not a strand of her red-
    gold hair disturbed or the blood or grim cleaned from her pretty face. He had left her as he?d
    found her, drawing everything into his memory to be played and replayed in the future.

Jacen had come and gone, calling for a investigation team.

He?d wanted Ben to go with him, but the young Jedi had refused. Ben wouldn?t leave her alone,
    wouldn?t allow whoever had done this to her to manipulate the evidence. Even in his grief part
    of his mind was thinking of the next step. He?d watch Jacen?s team, learn anything and
    everything they learned, and then he would find a teacher.

Mara had been hunting. His first instinct was to blame Lumiya, after all she and Mara had
    tussled not too long ago, but he knew that it couldn?t be her. Ben had been tracking the faux Sith
    lady when...when....

Memory of the void his mother?s death had left and its current gaping presence caused Ben to
    cease that line of thought. He couldn?t afford to be swallowed by grief.

It wasn?t Lumiya. He scratched her off his mental list of suspects and was left with a number
    that could rival the stars. Both his parents had made decisions that had garnered them many an
    enemy. Currently, Ben?s list only counted those who were overt about their passionate hate. Ben
    could only guess at how many lay in the shadows.

He was saluted when the team arrived and he stood at a distance that allowed them to work but
    still gave him a view of the situation. None of them were Jedi. They pulled blood from her,
    passed it through a sensor disk and waited.

Jacen hovered behind him, a quiet but heavy presence.

?It was a toxic dart,? the officer who held the sensor disk reported. ?It attacked the nervous
    system. Her body shut down.?

Ben processed this with a nod. ?Was it painful?? He was proud at how level his voice sounded.

?No. She felt no pain from the venom. It would have eased her wounds.?

That would explain the calmness in her features, the odd angle of her body and the way it had
    fallen.

?What else can you tell me??

?The dart is of a make I have never seen before. We could take it to our databanks on Coruscant,
    do a search there??

?No.?

Jacen?s hand settled on his shoulder. ?Ben let them do their job.?

Shaking off his cousin?s touch, Ben stepped forward and held out his right palm. ?I?ll take over
    this investigation.?

The officer looked between he and Jacen, a pleading expression towards the older cousin. Ben
    also gave Jacen an expectant gaze. ?I need to do this,? he appealed.

Jacen eventually gave his consent, with the condition that the team be allowed to scan the dart
    and continue their own investigation. Ben relented.

?Don?t worry, Ben,? Jacen continued. ?We?ll discover who did this. I promise.?

?Yes, I will.?

Sleep eluded him as he lay in his against his bunk. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw Mara?s
    death place engraved on the back of his eyelids. Beneath that, on the edge of his perception, he
    felt his father?s grief. He knew if he opened any sort of link between them, it would swarm over
    him like a tidal wave.

Ben felt a momentary stab of guilt. He should be by his father?s side, each helping the other to
    shoulder this grief. Jaina, his mother?s student, was with him now. Right now, Ben needed to
    measure the chasm inside of him and find the best way to circumvent it. He couldn?t imagine
    closing it.

When sleep eventually took him, his thoughts were on his need.

He needed a teac

2. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Bwaha ha ha ha! First post! :p

Great start! Although I have to admit to being a little confused... But that's my fault. :p

I'm guessing Ben shouldn't be helping Batman... Hmm.

3. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    That's just the concussion, you'll get over that ;)

ZaraValinor - Interesting looking story, if you're going to have one I'd love to be on your PM list. I can't wait to see where this is heading.

4. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    a great opening post ZaraValinor! If you're doing PM's please add me to the list.

5. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Interesting beginning. Could you add me to your PM list?

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This looks great, Zara. =D= If you decide to keep a PM list, can I please be added to it as well?

7. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Next chapter soon, please.

8. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Very interesting beginning. Batman is a favourite hero of mine and I'm glad you've decided to write something about the new Batman. Please add me to the PM list if you decide to have one.

9. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    PM list
    Fanficfan
    Kidan
    Tych_sel
    Sara_Kenobi
    MaraJade4S

Thanks to all those who reviewed. Will have next chapter up either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.