main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Beyond the Rim~ A/T SbS AU Completed 8/09!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lonewolf89, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Ahh. Pleasant ending Lonewolf. :)

Might I add that you did a very good job overall. Some very nice work and a good read. ;)

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I agree with everything that everyone's said. I've really looked forward to seeing what you came up with each post, Lonewolf. The ending was perfect, and I especially liked the way you ended the Danato-Arles story - it really suited them.

Good old Tahiri, calling Anakin's bluff with the bikini. I also liked the line about Luke not wanting to disagree with Tahiri about the request for leave. :D That was hilarious.

You've done a great job with this fic - plenty of action balanced by softer romantic moments and also some fine explorations of the way the characters think. My kind of story :)

How do you feel now it's finished? Do you find it hard to end a story? It's a funny sort of connection between writer and story. But I guess it's that way with anything we create.

Anyway - good work, and thanks for the entertaining read. :)

3. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    woah she actualy wore the bikini...thats great, well the whole thing was great actually!

4. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    It took me a while but I finally got online again! My computer?s been out of commission for the past week. It?s good to be back. :)

Obi-Solo: Thanks! I was worried about how much detail to give when writing that Danato/Arles scene. :D

Jade-Walker: :D Wow, so much feedback! Thank you! I?m really glad you enjoyed the ending, even if Jaina was stuck with Kyp. I do have another fic plot bouncing around in my head. I?ve started writing up a plot line. I?ll be sure to post a link here when I get it up. :)

Moff: [face_blush] Thank you very much!

Tahi: I would like to thank you especially for all your lengthy replies. The feedback has reallycome in handy, and I appreciated it. :D

How do you feel now it's finished?

Finishing a story is always bitter sweet. It?s great to know that you?ve completed something you?ve been working on for so long, though. Also, if you?re satisfied with how things worked out, it?s good to be able to look back at all the things you?ve learned on the way.

It?s sad because you have finished. I really enjoy writing because of all the people you meet along the way. Those that help you improve, and some that just support you. It?s great to be able to share your thoughts and ideas with others. It?s even better when they are able to enjoy what you?ve created.

Do you find it hard to end a story?

If you mean in the writing of it, not really. I usually have an idea of how I?ll wrap up the final chapter before I get too deeply into the fic. It?s just a matter of fleshing out the details.

Sari : Thank you. :)

5. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    No problemmo, Lonewolf. You're more than welcome. Writing is a risky business - placing your work out into the public arena where people can pick at it is quite emotionally exacting. At least I find it that way. I guess it's because it's something that you've created yourself.

By ending a story I meant do you find it hard to let go of a story. Like you I always have the ending drafted out, but I still find it hard to actually get to that place. I find I sometimes drag my heels a bit getting there. ;) Sometimes I like the thought of doing what little kids do - stop suddenly in the middle of some action scene and write: The End. I guess it's like saying goodbye - and I've never been good at them.

Good to hear you have another story in the pipeline. Are you planning on a career that involves writing?

6. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Yes, goodbyes are hard. When I first started writing, I found it very difficult to wrap things up. This would lead me to continue the fic, even when I knew it was time for things to end. Now, I?m able to stop myself before I get caught up in a mess of story I have not plot line for. This leaves me with less of a headache. :)

Are you planning on a career that involves writing?

If I was given the opportunity I would jump at it! However, I?m really interested in ancient history, and hope to become a Historian. That doesn?t mean I can?t have writing as a hobby, though.

What about you? Fan fiction writers are better than a lot of professionals as a rule. I know authors here on the boards who would have a very loyal following if they ever decided to publish some of their work.

7. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I do have another fic plot bouncing around in my head. I?ve started writing up a plot line. I?ll be sure to post a link here when I get it up.
    Cool! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for it. ;)

I guess it's like saying goodbye - and I've never been good at them.
    I can understand that, Tahi. I've always hated them. :(

I second the idea that Tahi should go pro writing, BTW :D

8. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
  9. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    I just got this from the A/T index, I have throughly enjoyed it.

I especily like how Ani lives (one more reason why NJO sucks)

10. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I agree, 3MD, this is a most excellent story. :)

11. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Thank you, PsychoSniper! I'm glad you've enjoyed it. If you're pro Anakin surviving the NJO, you might want to check out the FADA: Fans Against Dead Anakins over at the EU Community. :)

Tahi: Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.