main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Beyond the Rim~ A/T SbS AU Completed 8/09!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lonewolf89, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, wonder what the other side of the rim is like, can't wait for more

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    This is a wonderfully original idea Lonewolf - and I love the descriptions of Danni's method of how to break through the rim. Good sci-fi writing.

I also like the interaction between Anakin and Valin as it carries on the sort of mentor role that Anakin was developing in Conquest.

?Alright,? Anakin said, licking his lips nervously, ?Here goes nothin?.? Great Lando connection there. :)

Exciting posts. Great work.

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Thanks, Force! I hope to post again tomorrow or Saturday. :)

[face_blush] Thank you very much, Tahi! I wasn?t sure if my description of breaking through the rim made any sense, I?m glad it was understandable.

I think Anakin?s starting to become comfortable with his role as a leader and role model. As you said, he realized a lot of that in Conquest. He's still not competely at home with the idea of having people following him, but he's trying to get used to it, and live up to everyone's expectations.

4. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
  5. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2003
    That was cool! I liked the way you described how the group went beyond the rim. :D

6. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Chapter 7: Attack and Ambushes

Anakin grimaced as his head smashed into the flight stick. He felt pain shooting into his skull as he slowly pushed himself back against his seat. ?Is everyone alright?? he yelled, looking around the cockpit. A chorus of ?yes?s and ?fine?s echoed through the room as each team member carefully checked their own vital signs.

?That?s more than I can say about you, little bro,? Jaina said, reach forward and pressing her hand across the bloody gash that ran along his forehead. He brushed her hand away and unstrapped his crash webbing as he leapt out of his seat.

?Are there any ships in the area?? he asked.

?Negative,? Tenel-Ka replied quickly as she looked at the sensor screen, ?There doesn?t seem to be any activity nearby.? Suddenly her eyes narrowed into tiny slits. ?Correction. There seems to be a small item several hundred kilometers away.?

Anakin gazed over her shoulder, his ice blue eyes easily picking out the white dot she was pointing toward.

?It could be space debris from when the Vong entered our galaxy,? Jaina suggested, leaning over the back of the pilot?s seat to get a better view.

Anakin shook his head, ?No. That was put there, I can feel it. My guess is that it?s some sort of surveillance device.?

Jaina was about to tell her youngest brother that he was getting way to cynical in his old age when her danger sense screamed at her. She spun around in her seat as she grabbed the flight stick. An instant later five huge ships shooting into space in front of them. She threw the controls forward and sent the Firelight into a sharp nose dive as one of the ships suddenly began to fire. Tahiri and Valin tumbled forward from the suddenly changing in gravity but Anakin used the Force to help him keep his ground. The instant Jaina leveled the ship out he pulled the two of them back into their seats and jumped into the co pilot?s chair.

?Sure you don?t want to take over?? Jaina questioned as she sent the Firelight into another set of sharp maneuvers.

?She's all yours Jaya,? Anakin replied with a lopsided grin.

?Those ships aren?t Yuuzhan Vong,? Tahiri stated as she got a good look at one of their attackers.

?That is a fact,? Tenel-Ka replied sharply as her eyes scanned the sensor readouts, ?The vessels seem to be made out of a unique form metal. The ships are definitely not biological.?

?So why are they shoot at us?? Jaina shouted as she tried to avoid more weapon?s fire. By now Kyp and Jacen had begun to respond with volleys of laser blasts but Anakin could tell it wasn?t having much effect on the huge, well armored, alien ships.

?Will our torpedoes do any damage to those things?? Anakin called over his shoulder.

?No,? Tahiri responded, ?Their shields are a lot stronger than any other ships we?ve ever come across. Torpedoes won?t do a thing except make them madder.?

?Well I bet we can do something they can?t,? Anakin said, a mischevious grin forming on his face. He spun his chair around. ?Jacen, Kyp hold your fire!? he shouted, bringing his finger down on a blinking, blue button.

?What was that?? Jaina asked as she noticed an enemy weapon that went flying in the opposite direction of the Firelight.

?The cloaking device,? Anakin replied, ?Now let?s try and get out of this little circle they?ve pinned us in.?

?Belay that!? Tenel-Ka yelled, ?They?ve just initiated some sort of gravitational wall. If we attempt to pass through it our ship will be crushed.?

Anakin looked over at her, his jaw set. How were they going to get out of this one? He was trying to formulate another plan of action when a staticy voice came in over the communications channel.

?This is General Alytus Adare. Make yourselves visible and prepare to be boarded immediately. If you fail to comply we will be forced to release all of our fire power into the gravitational net and you will be destroyed.?

Jaina looked over at her brother, ?They?re speak common and they aren?t using Yuuzhan Vong technology. That?s got to be a good sign.?

7. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Cool post!!

POST MORE SOON

8. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    that was a great post, can't wait to see what happens next

9. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
    This is a great story :)

A very nice concept ;)

Get Jacen out of annoying mode :mad: He's much better after Vergere's finished with him!

10. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Excellent post Lonewolf. Good old Anakin - if in doubt use trickery. He's definitely his father's son. :)

It sounds like these new guys might have had bad Vong experiences too - which could augur well. What's the saying? My enemy's enemy must be my friend. ;)

11. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Thanks, Force and Jek! More tomorrow! :)

Hi, Yoda! Don?t worry, I have plans for Jacen, but they?re going to be unfolding throughout the fic.

Thank you, Tahi! Yes, at times Anakin is a lot more like his father than his Uncle.

12. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Chapter 8: Discussions

Anakin stepped off the Firelight, followed closely by Tahiri, Jaina, and Kyp. General Adare had asked that they join him in his dinning hall. Anakin had agreed, after leaving Tenel-Ka, Jacen, and Valin back on the ship to guard their captives in the off chance that someone decided to challenge this threat.

?Quite a crew you have here,? Adare said as he lead them through the halls of his battle ship. His eyes resting on the blasters strapped around each Jedi?s waist. The fact that the four seemed unusually at lease with the weapons unnerved him more than their actually presence.

?They?re capable,? Anakin replied, following the General?s gaze. He stepped aside as Adare stopped in front of a huge metal door. He reached out, typed in a code and it slid open noiselessly. The General stepped into a small room, in the center of which was a round dinning table. He motioned for Anakin and his group to takes seats as he moved to the head of the table. Adare sat down and folded his hands in front of him on the table.

?My first question would be to inquire on your name,? Adare said calmly, gazing impenetrably at Anakin. The young Jedi stared back, his ice blue eyes never leaving the General?s.

?Anakin Solo,? he replied. It was strange not to see the hint of recognition on Adare?s face that was so familiar among most of the people he met. Then again, in this galaxy the exploits of Han Solo and Leia Organa hadn?t been heard of.

?My seconds question then, is why you breached the galactic rim.?

Anakin leaned back in his seat as all eyes in the room turned to him. He was trying to carefully determine just how much information he should reveal. Normally the thought of tell his entire plan to a stranger who had attacked him wasn?t appealing. But the Force had guided his actions so far and he couldn't shake the feeling that these people could be trusted despite their violent introduction.

?I?m looking for something.?

?What may I ask are you are looking for?? Adare asked, an edge in his tone as he cocked his head at Anakin.

?A Yuuzhan Vong base actually. The Vong invaded our galaxy from this one three years ago and we believe that the key to defeating them is here.?

?You think you?ve discovered a plan for defeating the Yuuzhan Vong? You and every other scientist I?ve ever meant. Let me tell you something little one, go back home. Run back to your mother and father and enjoy what little life you may have left.?

Kyp, Jaina, and Tahiri all exchanged amused glances at the General?s words. They grinned down the table to Anakin who?s jaw tightened. His whole body seemed to tense as he pushed his chair back and stood slowly. ?I think you underestimate both me and my team.?

?Is that so?? Adare questioned, rising from his own seat. The reaction of the other three people at the table gave him an uneasy feeling.

Anakin leaned forward, his temper dangerously close to the edge, ?Yes.?

The General nodded slowly, gauging the reaction carefully. ?Perhaps you?re right.?

~~~~~~~~

?It?s impossible,? Adare stated flatly once Anakin had finished telling him about his plan. ?It?s true that there is a Yuuzhan Vong base that still exists here but you?ll never reach it. I don?t care how talented you and your team are. You?re no match for what lies there.?

?What makes you think that?? Anakin questioned, looking at the General with raised eyebrows.

?Let me tell you a little bit about our experiences with the Vong,? Adare said sharply, ?For almost two hundred and fifty years they tried to crush my people.?

?You mean they aren?t native to this galaxy?? Tahiri asked, breaking into the conversation.

The General shook his head, ?No, it seems that their home world was destroyed or lost dozens of centuries ago. They invaded our galaxy from somewhere else. At first we were able to fight off their attack parties. But soon they had accumulated too many ships for our small fleets to hold back.

?They swept through this galaxy like a plague. In twelve years they had claimed all o

13. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Sep 27, 2002
    Nice post :D

A great idea, that the Vong were defeated in another galaxy so they came into the GFFA. Good story ;)

14. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    I agree with Y_D_R_B, great backstory, this officer going with them sounds interesting.

15. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, i hope they kick some vong ass, :D

16. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Thanks Red_Bull! I wanted there to be people in this galaxy, and since the Vong wouldn?t just leave a strong hold I figured they would have had to have been defeated in some way.

Hi, Jek. I?ve been playing with this idea for almost a year now and the back story was a lot of fun to create. It?s interesting writing a whole galaxy where you can do pretty much anything.

Hehehe. I?m sure Anakin?s looking forward to taking out some Vong too, Force. :D

17. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm going to Up this before I post today. :)

18. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    This is very good.

I'll have to keep an eye on this fic.

19. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Glad you like it, Star-Lead. I hope you pop in again. :)

20. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    I would, but I'm busy both upping and writing my own fics.

I haven't had a chance to check this one out, although the fact it was A/T made me checking it out inevitable.

BTW, if it's not too much to ask, I'd appreiciate you checking out my fics (links are in my sig).

21. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I'd be happy to check some of them out! Anyway, here's an update.

Chapter 9: Introducing Officer Arles Rhyll

?Are you crazy?? Jacen shouted as Kyp and Jaina related the events of the meeting to the rest of the crew. ?You really plan on taking one of their officers onboard??

Anakin was leaning against the wall of the kitchen, an open protein bar in his hand. ?If we plan on finishing this mission anytime soon having a guide is the best way to do it.?

?Do you really think that General is doing this to help us?? Jacen asked, ?No, he's doing it so that he can keep a good eye on us.?

Anakin looked at his brother with cool confidence, ?Of course. But take a look out of this hanger and into space. We?ve got a whole big galaxy to search Jacen, and I don?t know about you but I didn?t bring my magic Vong radar with me this mission.?

?What makes you think the Force won?t guide us there?? Jacen questioned, rounding on his brother, ?It lead us here in the first place.?

?Yes,? Anakin replied with a sigh, ?And how do you know that this guide isn?t part of the Force?s plan? I have a feel that we need to trust these people, and until they give me a reason not to, I plan on doing just that.?

?Anakin?s word is good enough for me,? Tahiri said, glaring daggers at Jacen, ?And it was good enough for the rest of the people in this room or they wouldn?t be here.? All the other Jedi nodded.

?Now, if you?ve finished your protest, Jacen, I suggest we figure out where this guide is going to be sleeping. All the rooms are taken.?

?I offer my bunk,? Tenel-Ka said firmly.

"Thank you,? Anakin said, ?I trust you?ll keep an eye on our guest.? The warrior woman gave him a sharp nod. Anakin smiled to himself. It would take a squadron of Yuuzhan Vong to get through Tenel-Ka.

~~~~~~

?Captain Solo,? General Alytus Adare said as Anakin approached him on the bridge of his battleship, ?Let me introduce your new guide, my first officer, Arles Rhyll.?

A tall, slender young woman turned around to face Anakin. Like most of her people her skin was pale, almost translucent. Her long black hair and sliver tinted eyes only did you accentuate her complexion.

Anakin reached out to shake her hand but she responded with a snappy salute. ?Captain Solo,? she said, in a clipped military tone as he returned her gesture.

?Commander Rhyll is a fine officer,? Adare said, brimming with pride, ?The best in my fleet. If anyone can take you to where you want to go she can.?

Anakin have him a slight smile, ?I?m sure. If you?re ready then, we need to be getting underway.?

?Of course!? Adare said, clapping his hands to summon a flight officer, ?Carry the Commander?s bags to Captain Solo?s ship, Simms.? The young man grabbed Arles? luggage and rushed off of the bridge and down towards the hanger. Anakin watched him go and then turned back to the Commander, flashing her a lopsided grin. Unlike most people he met, her expression stayed stoic.

?After you sir,? she said, motioning for Anakin to step into the lead. He he sighed and then turned to Adare.

?Thank you for your help, General. I hope some day that we can repay you,? he said, shaking the older man?s hand.

?Succeed my boy, and that will be enough payment for me,? Adare replied warmly.

?Don?t worry, we?ll do our job,? Anakin called over his shoulder as he walked off the bridge. The General watched him leave and sighed.

I hope you do, lad. I really hope you do.

~~~~~~

?I understand you?re headed for the Yuuzhan Vong base, Captain Solo,? Commander Rhyll said as she and Anakin head towards the Firelight.

?Just call me Anakin. Captain Solo doesn't really roll off the tongue,? Anakin replied, glancing behind him. She tilled her head in acknowledgment. ?And what should I call you? Arles??

?We Merins are referred by our clan names,? she said impassively, ?Rhyll will do.? Anakin could tell she didn?t like the idea of loosing her title. Commander was a symbol of status. A status that he didn?t need thrown up in his face if they got in a tig

22. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Interesting.

So these guys have got what is effectivly space fold drive? Cool.

23. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Oh my goodness - two posts to read. This is really cooking along.

Completing the mission was his goal, not changing the view of another galaxy Now what gives me the idea that Anakin IS going to influence these new people.

I like the idea of the instantaneous space travel. Perhaps Anakin will be able to take this technology back with him. I'm enjoying seeing Tenel Ka having a big part in this story. I also like the premise that the Vong were out conquering other galaxies. One of the advantages you have when writing AU is that you're not limited by the sequence of events in the canon books.

The new commander is a little like the one Pellaeon has given Luke and Mara to help them through the Unknown Regions. She sure needs to learn to laugh doesn't she! ;) Thank goodness Anakin has a sense of humour.

The tension's building up well :) Really enjoying this.

24. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Sep 27, 2002
    Wow! This story's moving in the right direction ;)

Starburst. Very cool, except that Commander acts alot like a Chiss :p

25. Jek_Windu

Jan 26, 2003
    Great post!!!!!

I liked how the GFFA has some cacthing up to do tech wise.

POST MORE SOON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.