main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Beyond the Rim~ A/T SbS AU Completed 8/09!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lonewolf89, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Force: Thanks! It won't be long now before they land.

Star-Lead: Hehehe. [face_evil]

Jade-Walker: Jacen and Anakin obviously still have a long way to go in there relationship but this was a start. I like writing post with those two because of all the tension between them. :)

Jek: I'll have more up soon!

2. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm really liking Danato,
    ?I?ve really never given it much thought. She chases me, I run. It?s all fairly simple. :D There's something so appealing about pirates and swoopies.
    I also get the feeling that maybe Danato wouldn't really mind getting caught. ;)

Jacen's re-evaluation of Anakin is great. Anakin is coming over as quite comfortable in his role as leader, too. I like the dialogue between him and Danato, and I love the way he completely ignores the uptight Merin officer.

3. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Tahi: I've had a lot of fun with Danato's character. Spontaneous and fun loving are always great traits to write.

I also get the feeling that maybe Danato wouldn't really mind getting caught.

You might be right about that. :)

Anakin does what's needed of him, that includes becoming the leader. I think he fits into the role well too. I also think he's dealt with enough military and government types to know when to pay attention and when to push aside.

Chapter 13: Jedi Saviors and Late Night Visits

Anakin Solo twisted his body around in mid air as he dropped out of a Force aided back flip. He let himself hit the ground and roll out of the way of Tenel-Ka Djo?s slashing lightsaber. He leapt up again once he was clear of her attack and swung his own purple blade around to block her next slice. He flicked his wrist as their weapons clashed, pushing her blade to the left. He shifted back to the right, hoping to catch her while her guard was down. Suddenly the warrior woman leapt back, spending herself into a series of back handsprings just in time to avoid his killing blow.

The two young Jedi leveled their weapons, and circled each other. Both were breathing heavily, sweat poured down their faces as they fixed a piercing stare at the other. Being the first ones up as usual Tenel-Ka and Anakin had decided to get in a little practice. After almost an hour of sparring both were exhausted but neither was willing to give up.

One of the benefits Anakin was finding from their duel was learning more about Tenel-Ka?s style. While he had spent ample time sparring with the other members of his team he hadn?t had the chance to practice with her. Mostly because her time was spent divided between Jedi training and visiting her home world of Hapes.

Anakin had an almost oxymoronic approach to lightsaber dueling. At times he was calculated, thinking three moves ahead, gauging his opponent's mood and working off of their body language. While at other times he simply reacted to attacks. His maneuvers would become almost erratic, making it hard for his partner guess what his next move would be. Unlike some Jedi who were known for one particular maneuver in a duel Anakin never repeated the same attack unless the fight was long enough to warrant it. He didn?t like the idea of someone knowing what he was going to throw at them.

Like him, Tenel-Ka also used a mixture of attacks and defenses. She rarely repeated the same move. Anakin also noted her feline like grace. No doubt, like most of the women on Dathomir, she had learned to fight by watching the animals in the forests. Tenel-Ka fought with a ferocity that was very different from the measured and level personality she usually displayed. Her energy never seemed to diminished. Somehow, no matter how long their duel continued, she was always ready to leap into action.

Anakin found himself respecting the young woman more and more as their mission continued. Her fighting skills weren?t the only quality he found surprising. Her cool demeanor and calming presence were a relief from the anxieties and fears that the other members of his team seemed to carry. He was glad Tenel-Ka had decided to come along.

He spun away as she charged him. Twisting away from her attack he brought his lightsaber around and blocked her blade. Sparks flew through the air as their weapons clashed against each other. The bright glow of purple against turquoise fell across the walls. Ice blue eyes stared into cool gray. Anakin allowed himself a small smirk as he pressed his lightsaber against the warrior?s own blade. To his surprise he found that despite his superior build he still couldn?t push her saber back enough for his escape. Even more surprising was the fact that she returned his smirk with one of her own.

Finally, giving up the thought of over powering her, Anakin let himself drop to the ground. The sudden movement made Tenel-Ka loose her balance. To help gravity in it?s act, Anakin swept his leg under the young woman?s feet, forcing her to fall to the ground. Witho

4. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Aren't those two a little young for that?

Probably not.

5. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    marvellous fight scene, Lonewolf. I also enjoyed your analysis of their fighting styles and the way Anakin found Tenel Ka's a challenge. That was great, and very creative. You're really in your groove with this story :)

Interesting character development right throughout these three scenes, especially with Danato and Rhyll ie. the romantic vs the pragmatist. This blank wall Anakin comes up against with Rhyll isn't a sign that she has some Force ability is it?

The quiet moments between Anakin and Tahiri were lovely. Poor things get too few of those. I especially liked the way you show how completely at home together they are, and I loved the fact that Anakin saw the combination of weapons and candlelight as his idea of a perfect home. I had a giggle at that as that sums him up so well. It complements the fighting style you described in the first scene here - ie. a combination of warrior cunning and total abandon.

6. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
    Great work, you've obviously thought long and hard about the people in this new galaxy ;)

The back story is superb! I'd bet those Jedi were on the Outbound Flight Project or something ;)

7. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Great post as usual, Lonewolf!

I like Tenel Ka and Anakin dueling. That would indeed be interesting to watch!
    Especially since she and Anakin do have a little connection. Remeber him sending her a holo of how to braid her hair single-handed?
    I did think that her lightsaber was aqua, though.

It's gotta gall Jacen that Anakin could beat her when he could not! [face_laugh]

Anakin as the Chosen One, but of a different galaxy. Cool idea. :D
    And Kyp's interest in being a god [face_laugh]

Nice mush between Anakin and Tahiri.
    They should just do up the closet for themselves! ;) I also like that their relationship is comfortable--although, as Tahi shows in her fics, I'm sure there would be times when they might feel a little more akward around each other. ;)

8. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Hey Lonewolf. :)

Nice story you have going here...yeah, what everybody else has said. ;)

I liked the teaser as well.

9. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    That. Was. A. Perfect. Post.

POST MORE SOON!!!

10. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Star-Lead: I don't know many parent who would let their seventeen year old go off and fight the Yuuzhan Vong in the first place, so I think Anakin and Tahiri kind of overcome their age buriers.

Tahi: Thank you! Considering Tenel-Ka's background I just had to see her dueling with someone and Anakin seemed like the perfect choice. That was a lot of fun to write too.

This blank wall Anakin comes up against with Rhyll isn't a sign that she has some Force ability is it?

No. Like Jagged Fel, Arles has just learned to bury her emotions and block them out.

I thought it was about time Anakin and Tahiri got some quiet time together. They've been on their toes through out most of this fic, they've earned it. :)

Y_D_R_B: Thanks! I love coming up with OCs, it's fun thinking through their personalities and actions.

Jade-Walker: Thank you! Tenel-Ka and Anakin seem to be very like minded in their views of the Force. Anakin is just a little more vocal about his. Scenes between them are great to plot out. :)

I did think that her lightsaber was aqua, though.

You could be right. I was having a hard time finding nailing down the right color so I just went with turquoise.

They should just do up the closet for themselves!

I think they might have too many differing opinions on the decor. :D

Hey there, Moff_D! I'm glad you dropped it!

Jek: Thank! I'm proofing the next post now. I hope to have it up soon!

11. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, so anakin and tahiri get some time alone together that is nice to see

there are prophicies about anakin everywhere

12. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    yeah, what everybody else has said.

Hey there, Moff_D! I'm glad you dropped in [sic]!
    And yet another female succombs to your overwhelming charm, Moffy! [face_laugh]

13. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Chapter 14: Reaching Naraox

Jacen looked up from the sensor screen as his brother entered the cockpit. Unlike the day before Anakin looked rested and bright eyed. In fact, he looked completely relaxed. Something Jacen hadn?t been since they had left the Venture.

Must have had a good night?s sleep, Jacen thought to himself as he turned back to the screen. However, his head shot up again as Tahiri entered the room behind Anakin, only to lean against him as he swung a protective arm around her shoulders. Jacen could feel his eyes widening the closer the two became. He swallowed, realizing he could no longer see any space between them. He had know that they shared a bond but he didn?t think that their relationship had beyond friendship.

This just makes one more thing I've been wrong about, he thought. His brandy brown gaze turned to Anakin as he realized that his sibling was starring at him. He seemed amused by Jacen?s reaction to him and Tahiri. For an instant Jacen tried to picture just what had happened the night before to put Anakin in such a good mood. Immediately he pushed that thought out of his mind.

A few days ago he would have lit into the younger Solo, giving him a long winded speech about thinking and acting, and how you should always do the first before the second. Since his last epiphany about his brother though, Jacen decided to let Anakin make his own decisions on this one. Besides, he didn?t want to know anymore about his brother?s love life than he had too. At least, not until he got a love life of his own. Then maybe he?d be open to sharing notes.

?How are we doing?? Anakin asked, letting go of Tahiri and leaning over the console next to Jacen. He had noticed a difference in his older brother over the past few days. Jacen seemed to be avoiding him. They hadn?t shared eye contact until just a moment ago.

?We?re on course,? Jacen replied, shifting uncomfortably, ?We should be exiting hyperspace in an hour or so.?

Anakin nodded, ?Good. Hopefully Commander Rhyll?s calculations are correct and we can slip in during nightfall.?

?Oh, I doubt the Commander would make a calculation error,? Jacen stated.

Anakin was a little surprised to hear his brother putting a vote of confidence in the military officer. After all he had been more than adamant about not wanting her onboard. Anakin was finding himself surprised by his brother?s behavior a lot lately.

?What?? Jacen asked, as he noticed the perplexed expression crossing Anakin?s face.

?Nothing,? Anakin replied, shaking his head as he stood up straighter. ?I?m going to go track down Captain Rava. He?ll probably be in the kitchen.? Anakin brushed passed Tahiri as he stepped into the corridor and headed down the hallway.

?Where?s he off to?? Jaina asked as she came into the room, passing her brother as he left.

?He?s going to check on Danato to make sure we have all the info we need,? Tahiri replied.

?I?m still surprised he?s trusted these pirates so quickly. I know they all seem harmless, but those guys wouldn?t be above stealing this ship and leaving us all floating in space,? Jaina commented, sitting down in the copilot?s chair.

?Anakin?s being careful,? Tahiri said, defensively, ?But he knows that our best chance for making it here is letting these people help us. Besides, I?d love to see those guys even try to take over this ship much less throw us out an airlock.?

Jaina allowed herself a smile, thinking of Anakin?s reaction to an attempted mutiny. Despite the fact that most of the time her brother seemed clueless and oblivious to people's darker tendencies, she knew that he had seen more in his short life than most people three times his age. In fact he probably knew what Danato and his crew were thinking more than she thought he did. But sometimes Jaina couldn?t help but try and be protective. After all he was her little brother. She was responsible for him.

?You?re probably right about that,? Jaina replied with a sigh.

?You know how attached he is to his ships anyway,? Tahiri

14. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    At least, not until he got a love life of his own. Then maybe he?d be open to sharing notes.
    Yeah Jacen! Loser! 8-}

I like the developing relationship between Anakin and Jacen, their changing perceptions of one another and the confusion that those changes make. Great work! :D

And now they've arrived! :D

Great post Lonewolf!

15. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Ooh - lovely stuff.
    He seemed amused by Jacen?s reaction to him and Tahiri. Good old sibling rivalry. Don't you just hate it when your younger brothers or sisters get one up on you! I like the exploration of Anakin and Jacen's relationship too. It always seemed to me that Anakin would be way ahead of Jacen in a lot of things.

I have my moments. :D Nice little reminder of what Leia said to Han once.

Again - plenty of action interspersed with reflective moments. Great post. Lonewolf. :)

16. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Jade-Walker: Thank you! Poor Jacen, never gets the girl, even when she?s in reach. :) Well maybe he?ll manage it one of these days.

Anakin?s got such a set opinion of his brother, I think it?s going to take a brick over the head before he realizes what?s going on.

Tahi: Thanks! Jacen?s too cautious to take chances with relationships. Anakin, however, just jumps right in, when it?s worth it of course. That alone puts him ahead of the game. :D

17. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
  18. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
  19. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great work, so they made it, can't wait to see what happens

i liked jacen's thoughts about tahiri and anakin

20. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    They're headed into a situation that would give the RMMC cause to worry, and Jacen's focussing on his brothers love life?

Someone needs to sort out his priorities.

21. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Y_D_R_B: Thanks!

What if saddam lost a leg? Imagine how his doubles would feel

Love that signature. :D

Force: Thank you. Jacen and Anakin always have great scenes together. :)

Star-Lead: Hey, Jacen can't ponder impending doom all the time. He's got to think to think of some other stuff every now and then. :p

22. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    And yet another female succombs to your overwhelming charm, Moffy!
    Well look at all of this Jade, who can resist? ;)

Fun post Lonewolf...poor Jacen, he gets dumped on everywhere (at least by Anakin fans ;) ).

23. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002

*Stares at screen*

I don't know what to say.It's just..im speechless!!How could i have NOT found this story before now??!ITS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE !!!!!!

Lonewolf89, you've out done yourself this time.Only one thing..MORE A/T MUSH!!!!lol.

nina

24. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Well look at all of this Jade, who can resist?
    *rolls her eyes & tries not to lose her lunch*

25. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Moff: Jacen's just such an easy mark. [face_devil]

[face_blush] Why thank you jainafel! It's good to see you've stopped in.

Sorry for the post delay folks! The next chapter with be up soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.