main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Beyond the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Aug 17, 2013.

?

What Star Wars movies/series are you hoping to see sometime in the future?

1. Spin off movies for major characters (Obi-Wan, Han Solo, Palpatine, Vader, etc.)

21 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. Spin off movies for supporting characters (Boba Fett, Bossk, Maul, Lando, etc.)

14 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Episodes X, XI and XII featuring the New Heroes

23 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Movies / Series about the distant past (pre-Republic, Old Republic, Sith Wars, Mandalorian Wars...)

37 vote(s)
    32.7%
  5. Movies / Series about the far future (hundreds or thousands of years post-ST)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. Other (provide example)

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I thought it might be fun to open up some discussion about the future of Star Wars beyond the ST. We had something like this before the forum separation, but it's worth giving it a fresh start.

What are your hopes, expectations, dreams, fears, predictions and theories for the future stories we might see in the Star Wars universe?

The spin offs have been confirmed, so we know we'll be getting those but it is still unclear which characters will they focus on.

Personally, I'm probably most looking forward to exploring some of distant past or far future aspects of the GFFA, preferably with completely original characters.

TheBBP and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    All of the above.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    After the new trilogy (or maybe in between Episodes) I think we'll get a sort of prologue to the saga and I think it could possibly be based off the novel Darth Plagueis or perhaps their version of that story. Eventually I would love to see a saga concerning the Sith War a thousand years before TPM and I completely agree that it should be about new heroes and villains. It doesn't have to follow the Bane novels but I would love to see him as the main villain. A new saga in the far future would be awesome too.

Darkslayer and Dra--- like this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    This is where my fear sets in. With so many films on the horizon and Disney seeming to want to milk Star Wars for all its worth, I fear that it will just become one of those tactless sequels that Disney churns out every so often that everyone groans about. I really hope that doesn't happen, but I do think there can be a thing as too much Star Wars with the path they're taking. Of course, being a Star Wars fan, I am interested in some spin-off films, particularly of aspects we haven't seen explored yet, but I will remain cautiously optimistic.

5. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    I would like something that show how the Jedi and Sith came to be. Whills?

Immortiss, HankSolo, Dra--- and 3 others like this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Further Adventures of Kyle Katarn :cool:

But yeah, some Tales of the Jedi inspired movies would be very nice.

TKT likes this.
  7. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Actually I'd rather just see them finish on this 'finale' trilogy and maybe give us some spin offs in between the films in the interim. After that they should just let Star Wars go out on a high note before it turns into a diluted and unoriginal cash cow... Much like the direction I think Marvel (cinematic universe) is headed. Then give us Star Wars Underworld on tv after the films. When that wraps up they should wait another 10 or so years and on the 50th anniversary of A New Hope (2027) being making 'the reboots'.

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Rogue Squadron.

Ryus, JediGirl_Angelina and TKT like this.
  9. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I chose 'Other', because that's what I do in every poll, just to skew the results.
    If you must insist on providing of examples, I'd go with something totally off the wall and new. I fell in love with Star Wars because it took me to a place I've never been, but somehow...always known. I don't have any idea how that could be accomplished again, since everything since A New Hope has been an extrapolation and imitation. There's only one GL, but perhaps somewhere...there is another. ;)

10. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    I want the Episode III.5 more than anything!

That would be the BEST movie ever !!!:D

It would feature Ewan back in the robes and it would allow him to confront Vader before Episode IV and allow for all sorts of coolness...

It would also make a ton of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dra--- likes this.
  11. darthwannobi

darthwannobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2013
    I'd like to see major character and distant past movies.

12. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I truly hope the ST is the final trilogy in the Skywalker Saga.

There is a lot of great opportunity for other Star Wars Sagas that could get their own trilogies.

And a ton of great spin-off standalones.

Immortiss, TKT and The Hellhammer like this.
  13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I want to see the episodes continue forever. George designed it as a serial and there's no reason why it can't continue on with new characters and eventually not even be directly tied to the Skywalker clan.

I see the spinoffs as just background material that fills in the characters.

If they stop the current series. I would hope they begin a new series set during the era of the Old Republic, however with the rumors that there will be more Sith in the current series then we may have all the Jedi/Sith battles we can handle.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Movies about the Ancient Sith Wars, some lead up to Episode 1, some Clone Wars movies, Dark Times movies, movies between the OT and ST, movies following the new Jedi from the ST etc.

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'd like to move away from the existing films--spinoffs involving a young Han Solo or Vader being "badass" for two hours hold no interest for me. Far future would probably interest me the most provided it actually feels like a far future, and not something that merely offers a different time period on paper but with obvious Luke, Vader, Millennium Falcon, etc. stand-ins. I'd also like to see new fully CGI film that's styled more towards realism than The Clone Wars.

16. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    I don't want any movie to be set after Episode 9. When it ends, that's it. They lived happily ever after.
    I voted for distant past movies. I'd like to see the creation of the Jedi order and that kind of things.

LunarMoth and darklordoftech like this.
  17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I would certainly not complain to have a new Trilogy deal with an early Sith vs. Jedi conflict and how that schism even came to be. There are thousands of years of history in that vast timeline, they can tell just about any story they want. Not to mention the unclaimed far future.

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I would love to learn about how the Sith once ruled the galaxy and how they became extinct a millennium ago.

19. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    I don't know if this will be a spin off, but I would definitely like to see a spinoff, in between Episodes 3 and 4, of Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi Knights.

20. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    While I would love to see any one of the choices on the poll, I'm particularly hoping to see a movie or spinoff set during the Old Republic era before the Ruusan Reformation, or even earlier, as there are thousands of years of history worth playing around with. Such films can overlap the era shown in KOTOR and TOR, or some other period that's only been covered sparsely in the EU, or not at all. There are really a lot of possibilities they can go with this. I'll be especially ecstatic if they can show us the Mandalorian Wars, fought by the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders and the Revanchists! I'll also certainly not be averse to seeing the Jedi of the Old Republic fighting the armies of the Sith Empires of the past.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  21. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I wish to see Disney going bankrupt, GL rebuying SW for a minimal cost, then fixing up the then 9 part saga a bit more and continually tinkering with it until he becomes one with the Force a happy man and I can enjoy his movies that took 70 years to make

22. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'd like the saga to end at 9.
    I'd maybe like to see an occasional origins story for a main player - but there's not many of them to be done.
    I'd be cool with distant past or distant future films.
    I'm most interested in spin off films based on secondary/tertiary/side characters/background characters. I'd like stories that run parallel with a point in the saga so you may see the back of Luke's head in a 1 second scene in a familiar location, but the action this time is centred on the bit part saga character. I think there are unlimited interesting GFFA life stories to be told.

23. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Darth Plagueis spin-off
    Zack Snyder 7 Jedi (Samurai)
    Obi-Wan spin-off
    Revan spin-off

and:

Prune Face spin off

Zer0, BigAl6ft6 and Jedirush2112 like this.
  24. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I truly hope this ST is the end of the "Skywalker Saga".

As for anything else........

I would like to see spin-offs and other trilogies where all stories reference or cross over this main Saga in some way. This would be similar to a lot of the short stories in books like Tales from Jabba's Palace and Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Any such stories could take place in the past and lead up to Ep I-IX, or the future based on events or results of Ep I-IX.

I do love that old idea of the Skywalker Saga having been told to historians by the Droids, and somehow don;t want that thought to become impossible, even if they never do it.

Circular Logic and StoneRiver like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I would love it if they started a Saga II which could start over with Episode I and set it in a completely new era with new characters and possibly involving a new family that serve as the main characters. They could place it in the Bane era when the Sith rule the galaxy or put it in the far future or anywhere else really. I think this would be a great way to carry on the saga without having to focus each new trilogy on the next generation of Skywalker.

darklordoftech likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.