main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Beyond the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Aug 17, 2013.

?

What Star Wars movies/series are you hoping to see sometime in the future?

1. Spin off movies for major characters (Obi-Wan, Han Solo, Palpatine, Vader, etc.)

21 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. Spin off movies for supporting characters (Boba Fett, Bossk, Maul, Lando, etc.)

14 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Episodes X, XI and XII featuring the New Heroes

23 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Movies / Series about the distant past (pre-Republic, Old Republic, Sith Wars, Mandalorian Wars...)

37 vote(s)
    32.7%
  5. Movies / Series about the far future (hundreds or thousands of years post-ST)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. Other (provide example)

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005

so wait rebels is a orgin book? im lost here

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Initially, I was actually lukewarm about these “other” films, or “spin-offs” if you will. Now, very weirdly, I’m actually more curious about them than the ST. Never thought I’d be saying that. In a way, we’re pretty much getting the EU from now on in film-form. That’s something that I’ve been imagining since I was a kid, reading the Shadows of the Empire graphic novel and wishing it were a film. Also, the SW series has come full circle. I’m sure you all know full well that this was actually Lucas’ original plan all along, to have other films. We’re now getting it. Phenomenal.

Nenim Chela and The Hellhammer like this.
  3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Possibly, the "origin story" is a "Dawn of the Jedi"-type thing, rather than a Baby Han Solo-type thing.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That's a nice bit of fan fiction itself! Don't worry phatdude1138 those "quotes" are so obviously fake. If they were real they would be all over the internet and yet I can't find a single article about it. I seriously doubt Kennedy would disrespect George Lucas like that.

5. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    That Facebook page is known for making fake rumors-just so you know.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The "‘Star Wars’: The ‘Sky’s the Limit’ for Disney’s Spinoff Opportunities" thread has been merged into here.

7. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I voted "other" in place of "all of the above".

8. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Official news just released today discounts half this thread. The offshoot movies will be origin stories about characters that are not part of the overall saga. Which means, no Obi, Leia, Han, Yoda, etc. So, might as well put that out of your mind right now.

Go check commingsoon and read for yourself.

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, the first few spinoff films will be origin stories, I hardly see them saying anywhere that they will do origin stories for all eternity.
    We'll get 3 spinoffs just by the time ST is finished, and it makes sense for them to be with known characters.

I'm still pretty certain that at one point we will get completely new timeframes and characters, outside the tiny little piece of SW universe that has been explored up to this point.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Ben Kenobi in the desert! And a Yoda/Dooku/Qui-Gon movie please, thank you

11. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Bummer news. Bah!! Double posted, sorry!!

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope we get the same movie every single year!!

13. Jedi Zaven'than

Jedi Zaven'than Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 12, 2013
    Personally, I would prefer movies set in the Old Republic era, because their's so much stuff that's not set in stone. I know, the KOTOR era, the SWTOR era, et cetera, but if you count out the video games and novels ( which I think are a higher level of canon then the comic books, there's still a lot of stuff to be explored. I know a lot of fans would certainly not like it if they took out yet more EU, but I'd be curious to see how/if they handle it.

14. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Yeah, I also search for the name of the "author" and came up with nothing. Crazier things have happened though. I don't see a "reboot" of the PT as long as George is still alive.

15. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm on board with this idea. I would like to see a trilogy about this. Something totally new which has nothing to do with the OT, PT or the ST. This way everyone can be happy. But knowing people, they will have something to complain about.

16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    The poll needs an "all of the above" option. I'd also love to see a Darth Bane film or series.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. madmanslitany

madmanslitany Jedi Master

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm personally still holding out hope for a Wedge Antilles and Rogue Squadron movie.

18. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

sooooooooo this!

my other question though is would eu fans and non eu fans accept maybe borrowing a title from the eu and make that title the movie but not follow that exact story and create a new one under that title?

19. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I love them to pieces, but nah. No matter how many of the big names would be added to the squadron (Wedge, Wes, Hobbie, Tycho...), it would not have that much of an audience, as, let's say, a Han Solo spinoff.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Sure it would, if the right people were in charge. I say Joss Whedon should do it.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    You really make me start liking the idea. :)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  22. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005
    a part of me wants this new trilogy to be about leia trying to become a jedi but never follows through with it

i still think thats one skywalker story they should touch on but i dont know if its to late to do it because of how long it took to get a st out

23. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    soyoumeanthreemoviesofprincessleiabeingnaggedbyhertwinbrothertogetonherjeditrainingbutshenevergetsaroundtoitbecausesheissobusy?

24. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

Sep 28, 2005

took me a second to read that but i see what you did there

but no i think leia struggling to be a senator and a jedi in training would be an interesting way to go because think she is a skywalker afterall

pt was the anakin vader story

ot was the luke stoy

st should follow leia

again just me

25. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    That .com is available.. I checked.

TKT and JediGirl_Angelina like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.