main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Beyond The Seventh Move...[post-KoD Rancor Pit tournament]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Kaleesh-Cyborg, May 22, 2017.

1. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

Reiis completely ignores the droid as it continues to bemoan their duel, grinning inwardly at his little threat to make any treatment painful. Pain was something that Reiis was used to, as it also seemed to be for the other cyborg.

Grievance nimbly dodged and swatted away her first attack, whipping out another saber as he did and swinging it towards her side. Reiis used the momentum from the counter attack with his first saber to spin around and lock weapons with his second lightsaber, pressing hard against the hold. A small, barely noticeable movement of her fingers would send a small Force Push, just to knock him off balance a little. Reiis wasn't trying to annoy him too much, but she still found it fun to pick on him by using the Force. It still didn't make sense to her why he refused to use the Force. He was sharp and wise, but his stubbornness would be his undoing if he shunned the Force during his Sith training.

"For crying out loud, Grievance, use the Force! It is yours, use it! You're going to get killed one of these days by your own stubbornness." Reiis couldn't help but laugh, though the message she was trying to convey was one of grave importance.

"The Sith are not forgiving, my friend. I learned as much during my time with them. You will be forced to defend yourself, and you can't always do it without the Force."

TAGS: Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  2. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    As EV-A4-D inwardly swears he is going to leave his master in a bacta tank for a month, Grievance focuses his full attention on his feisty opponent. Even the droid can't deny that they are both in good form despite the injuries they have just barely begun to recover from.

"Man, I'm good," he chuckles in spite of himself as he watches the two go at it like a pair of Nexu fighting over a hunk of meat, "Too good. That sabotaging idea is looking more and more appealing..."

Grievance holds the lock with as much strength as he'd had uninjured, but the small push of the Force throws him slightly off balance, evoking a growl of aggravation. He knows at one point or another, a Force-wielding opponent will inevitably reach for the Force when dueling him, but it still annoys him when it comes, both because of the ringing in his head and the effects of it in general.

"I never asked for it," he snarls, "I do not need it, nor do I want it. Sith, I may be, but I am Kaleesh first and foremost. I will not taint the ancient ways of my people. If death is to come, it will be with honor for them and for myself."

It is not lost to Grievance that Reiis speaks of her time with the Sith as though it is past tense. He notices it, but he doesn't put much stock into it at the moment. People often say what they do not mean. Recovering from the minor Force push that had knocked him out of the lock, he comes back with a low backhanded strike from from his right-handed weapon.

Tag: Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  3. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

By this time, Reiis can't hear EV-A4-D. She barely even noticed where he was standing, as she is much more preoccupied listening to her friend complain about the Force. Her eyes roll as he proclaims that he neither needs nor wants the Force. He'd be the death of himself, for sure.

"The Force is not a taint," she countered, more than a little annoyed by his hardheadedness. "It is a tool. It's like saying you won't use lightsabers because they're not Kaleesh weapons. Five minutes...dead! You're more use to the Kaleesh alive than dead...don't make your time sooner than it has to be."

She breaks eye contact as she jumps over the low strike and swings towards his head. "You don't seem to understand -- Sith are ruthless; they can and will destroy the weak. I would know, believe me. I saw a lot during my time with them."

Reiis is doing what Reiis has always done -- speaking her thoughts without screening them hardly at all, and she isn't aware that she's giving away the fact that she is no longer Darth Reiis Invadator.

TAG: Kaleesh-Cyborg

4. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    "Master, Invadator is right," A4-D pipes up from the sidelines, "I keep telling you, you might avoid needing so many repairs if you would use that gift."

"More like a curse!" Grievance growls, ducking the strike to his head and aiming his next swipe at Reiis' weapon arm, "I use lightsabers because my father used lightsabers. He fought well with no Force abilities and that is how I shall fight--as if I do not have them."

He growls dangerously as Reiis speaks of the Sith destroying the weak, wasting no time in taking another slash at her legs. "Are you calling me weak, Invadator? Do I need to prove my skill to you again?"

5. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis sighed to herself as Grievance insisted against it, then smiled as the droid sympathized with her concerns. Even the droid saw the usefulness of the Force! It occurred to her than Grievance was perhaps a bit obsessed with his father. Like it or not, General Grievous died to a Force-wielder, and that was something that couldn't be ignored. Reiis didn't dare say that directly, but perhaps she could get the point across.

"Would it not have been more useful if Grievous had been a Force-wielder? Would it not have helped him?" Reiis parried the blow with her arm, sparks flying around them as the metal protested against the blade. "Perhaps you will have an even longer legacy if you'd open up to the Force." Reiis swung her Darksaber towards the ground, blocking and holding the other saber that threatened to clip her legs. Those were durasteel, too, and could hold up to a lightsaber, but she'd be replacing torn boots if she let it hit.

"I'm calling you stubborn, that's what."

6. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Reiis wouldn't know it, but EV-A4-D has given Grievance plenty of grief over his resistance to the Force. Usually, the cyborg is put through a long and relentless lecture about how foolish and stubborn he is to not use the gift he was born with. He often does it when his master is immobilized and forced to lie there and tolerate the nagging. Of course, Grievance often responds with little more than an irritated growl nowadays, tired of hearing the same thing every time he is put out of commission by a debilitating blow that leaves him in need of repairs.

"Heh. My father would have ruled the galaxy had he possessed that power," he chuckles darkly, "Maybe even given that old man who trained him a run for his credits. Dooku was afraid of him anyway. All of the Separatists were. It is why Dooku kept such a tight leash on him by making him command stupid droids to fight for him instead of fighting for himself as he was accustomed to."

"Hey! Watch what you say about droids, Master Vexx," A4-D whines, "I will bring all of your nasty comments to memory next time I'm working on you."

"Darn straight," the cyborg growls as Reiis calls him stubborn, making a grab for her robes with his talons, "It has kept me alive this long. It will sustain me through whatever the Sith can dish out."

7. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

"Well then," Reiis replied, "what's stopping you? If you see what your father could have done, why not do it yourself?" She listens as he talks about Dooku and Separatists. Reiis isn't all that familiar with the names, but apparently Grievous "worked' for them.

Reiis shot backwards, breaking the lock, as Grievance's talons made a swipe towards her robes. He missed!

"FINALLY!" Reiis shouted at him with unveiled excitement and triumph. She took a few steps back, grinning wildly at him, a tinge of pride in her voice. "I've been working on that."

She ran at him, Darksaber straight in front of her -- a stab aimed at his torso, her voice darkening as the stared intently at the cyborg, trying to get her message through his thick skull. "You would do wise to not underestimate the Sith. If you are not extremely careful, they can hurt you. Will hurt you. Especially competitors. They may not be as merciful as they were to me, and kill you instead of simply exile you from the Order."

Reiis sincerely hoped he'd listen. She'd would never admit it, but it would sadden her greatly to see her friend broken or killed at the hands of the Sith.

8. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance narrows his eyes at the taunt. Indeed General Grievous would have been unstoppable had he been Force-equipped. No Jedi could stand against him without eventually being forced to retreat as it was. He had taken on and defeated six Jedi by himself, at least half of which were masters. Grievance has the capacity to be twice what Grievous was if only he would stop fighting against himself.

"I have no overlords holding me back or telling me what to do," he replies, "I am free to fight as I am designed to do. As long as I have the freedom, I need nothing else." He chuckles in a teasing sense as Reiis manages to evade one of his signature attacks. "It is about time I taught you something, Invadator."

As she charges at him, saber aimed to run him through somewhere in the middle, Grievance crouches low and springs into the air, leaping clear over her head and landing with earth-shattering force from his weight alone. He turns back to face her, beginning the signature spinning of his two blades, when something Reiis says catches his attention intensely enough to stall out his focus on the duel.

"Exile?" he asks, his blades going still at his sides, "What are you talking about? Are you saying that you have been exiled, Darth Reiis Invadator?"

9. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Grievance made quick work of his dodge, jumping over her head and landing hard enough to force Reiis off the ground a few inches. Stumbling in an unprepared landing, Reiis spun around towards the cyborg, about to set her Darksaber into a spin. But the question Grievance posed caused her to freeze.

"Exile? What are you talking about? Are you saying that you have been exiled, Darth Reiis Invadator?"

Darth Reiis Invadator.

It was a title Reiis longed for once again -- one that was becoming more and more distant with each passing day. She'd been trained a Sith -- had almost risen to Underlord. But that was gone now. Stripped of her title, she became....nobody? No, she couldn't do that. She still had the Force, even if the Sith had exiled her. The Dark Side was as much a part of her soul as it had ever been.

Reiis hadn't even realized she'd let it out.

"I..." She sighed. "Yes, I was." She gripped the Darksaber tighter as she said the next words slowly and carefully, as if trying to brace against pain. "I am no longer Sith."

10. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Completely disengaged now from the duel, Grievance deactivates his lightsabers, though the hilts remain firmly in his grasp as he strides over to the smaller cyborg. Standing within easy striking distance, he stares down at her, blocking her out of the moonlight with his immense shadow as he towers over her. His eyes betray more confusion than hostility.

"When did this happen? Why?" he demands, sounding as confused as he looks, "And if you are no longer Sith...what are you? Do you side with the Jedi now?"

Heaven help Reiis if this is the case. Grievance is technically not angry...yet. Only confused by this information of which he has been ignorant up until now. He has just placed his trust in Reiis. Now he learns that she is no longer a part of the order they had once been rivals in. Needless to say, the information has his mind reeling and an explanation is in order.

11. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    Reiis merely watches the cyborg as he stalks towards her. There's no reason to fear him at the moment, for his presence is more confused than angry, and they were supposed to be friends.

"When did this happen? Why? And if you are no longer Sith...what are you? Do you side with the Jedi now?"

It was the last question that caught her attention the most, so she answered it first. "The Jedi?! Heck no! I'll never be one of them...I can't." She paused, looking up into the cyborg's face that now blocked out the moon completely. It made it awfully hard to see.

She focused on his first questions now, leveling her head in thought.

"I went too far with some things," she said slowly. "I was too bold, and too reckless. It hasn't been very long." She paused again, thinking about what did and what could have happened. "I found out recently...it certainly could have been worse."

So that left a single question....what was she? Reiis wasn't entirely sure yet. "I think I'm what's called a Dark Jedi. Not a Jedi in any sense, really. It's just a term Sith use to describe someone who uses the Dark Side of the Force, but isn't with the Sith."

OOC: I edited the post, fyi

12. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    The confusion gives way to frustration as Reiis tries to answer his questions. The Sith culture is foreign to him, but he understands the concept of exile...excommunication. While he understands this and his apprehensions are dispelled that he may be looking at a former Sith turned Jedi, everything changes when she uses the term "Dark Jedi".

He has battled a Grey Jedi before and it was not a pleasant duel by any means. Kev-Mas Colcha had been extremely annoying to Grievance as he seemed invincible in a duel, but that hadn't been what annoyed him the most. What got to him the most was that the Grey Jedi stood for nothing. Grievance had questioned Kev-Mas and his convictions all throughout their duel, but the Grey had dodged those questions, giving him no real answer.

As he thinks on this, he is reminded that he has recently placed his trust in the girl who stands before him now. One who once served and stood for the same things he did...now stands for nothing. She could betray him to anyone she chose! He looks away from Reiis and curses in Kaleesh. How could he have been so foolish? He hasn't put his trust in anyone since his transformation!

"Why the hell did I think I could start now?" he growls, turning hardened eyes toward Reiis, "You have no boundaries. No rules! You could call on anyone you want now and betray me into enemy hands! I trusted you, Reiis Invadator. You can trust me now when I tell you...your eyes will not see the dawn of another day."

13. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis watched with a mixture of confusion and horror as the anger rose in the cyborg. He was, truly, a terrifying figure. His eyes seemed to glow a feral yellow in the darkness as he loomed above her, like a nightmare come to kill her. She froze, not quite understanding what he meant by his threat, but knowing all too well what would happen if she didn't do something....quickly.

"I wouldn't betray you!" she pleaded. "I'm still a Sith in my soul...I just can't follow them physically. I..I'm still Sith," she stammered. She began to back away slowly, knowing she couldn't overpower the cyborg if he was this angry. A chill ran down her spine as he proclaimed her death sentence. "Wait...your not going to...kill me? We're friends. I'd never betray you. I..." She looked up at him in terror. He'd reached a new level of rage, somehow worse than it had been the last time.

Behind the terror, beyond the fear of being killed, Reiis's anger was crawling its way to her attention. Her face abruptly switched expressions to one of stubborn anger. "No!" she demanded. "I will not fight you." It was probably a reckless move, potentially lethal, but it was necessary. Reiis flung her lightsaber to the side, far from where either of them could reach it.

"If you kill me, Grievance, you will kill a friend."

TAGs: Kaleesh-Cyborg

14. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance is swiftly reverting back to the feral beast Reiis had faced in the tournament. His anger is swelling to fury at the idea that he has trusted someone who now has full right to betray him on a whim. Tragically, the anger that is taking control of him is not truly directed at Reiis; he is furious with himself for letting his guard down. Unfortunately, the one who had gained his trust may wind up bearing the brunt of his rage. He storms toward her now, forcing her to back away lest he trample her under his deadly talons.

"I trusted you!" he roars, his fists clenched so tightly that the hilts of his weapons groan audibly under the pressure, "I confided in you! I taught you some of my own duelist strategies! You know my greatest weakness--that the Force is something I hate! That I refuse to use it!"

He barely hears her frantic pleas or her desperate declarations that she would never betray him. His blood is pounding in his ears as the rage engulfs his soul, overshadowing his logical mind with the nature of the beast encased in that white skeletal armor. The White Death; that is what Reiis is looking at now. In his state of anger, she may have to rely on the Force to turn him away from this course. He flings his own lightsabers down.

"Grievance Vexx has no friends," the cyborg snarls, catching hold of Reiis' robes at the collar in his clawed hand and lifting her up off the ground and suspending her higher than his own head.

"Hmm. No wonder," A4-D remarks from the sidelines, "It's hard to make friends when you terrify and kill everybody, Master."

In his state of rage, even the droid's smart-aleck words are lost to the Kaleesh swallowed up by his temper. He keeps Reiis held off the ground, glaring up at her with a fierce bloodthirsty gaze. He too has discarded his lightsabers, so how does he plan to annihilate her? Any way he chooses at this point. He could break her in half right now or he could fling her across the arena and then rip her to shreds with his talons. It makes no difference to him.

15. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

The cyborg strode menacingly towards her, causing her to backpedal in fear and confusion. She didn't understand how this meant she couldn't trust him. "I didn't leave them! They kicked me out!" she yelled, panicking now. She didn't want to hurt him, but what choice was he leaving her? She wasn't fast enough. Before she could protest, Grievance snatched her up by her collar and held her above eye level, her feet dangling helpless beneath her. Reiis barely heard the voice of the droid besides them, as her attention was naturally focused on the cyborg about to kill her. "No! I wouldn't betray you!," she countered. "I haven't betrayed your trust. And you know my weaknesses!"

It was futile to argue reasonably with someone in a rage -- Reiis knew that from her own episodes of blinding anger. Now, she had a first-hand understanding of the other side...it made her regret ever losing her temper at someone.

Reiis has very few options left. She'd rather herself be injured than injure the cyborg, but it's death she's facing now and she can't afford mistakes in judgment. Slowly, carefully...Reiis reaches out to Grievance with the Force. She doesn't let him know she's there at first. Not yet. She reaches into his mind to see what he is seeing.

The rage inside his mind almost blinds her as she opens his mind to hers. It consumes him almost entirely, and she realizes it had blocked out almost everything she's said. He thinks she had betrayed him or will betray him, because he thinks she is no longer Sith. But Reiis is a Sith, at least in heart, and she has to get him to believe that. He's going to kill her. That's what she sees next. Without his sabers, he plans to resort to a more gruesome way of destroying her. His anger is complete, and her death will go beyond just killing. He wants her to suffer.

Reiis didn't have many options left if she wanted to leave her Darksaber out of this. Her mind focused on his once again, and as she calmed her mind, she sent him waves of calm through the Force. Now, she would let him know what she was doing. Inside his mind, very softly and very carefully, she let the words settle into his consciousness:

"I am your friend."

16. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    The blinding fury Reiis has tapped into is far beyond anything Grievance can consciously control. He feels as enraged as he did the day he had attacked his captor with the intent to kill. A swift act of Force-draining had rendered him without any strength and his captor had survived the attack, but his captor had no real concern for his project's wellbeing. The only reason he had been left alive after such savagery is because the Sith lord had other plans for his existence.

"I do not betray others," he growls, "It gains me nothing. All secrets told me will go to my grave with what is left of my corpse. My honor will have it no other way. You are not Kaleesh. Your honor code is not the same. You will destroy me if there is something for you to gain from it."

As he looks up at Reiis dangling in his grasp, he sees the cruel face of his captor reflected in her mask once again and it certainly does not do anything to calm his anger. It only increases it. Though his claws are gripping only her cloak, in his mind, he visualized choking the life out of his prey, but he is not seeing Reiis squirming in his grasp. Rather he is seeing that horrible man who had stripped him of his identity. Gradually, through the fuel of his rage, the Force bends to his will.

"You will die this day, Darth Kancerus," he seethes in raw hatred, as the grip of the Force increases around Reiis' throat, "I hate you. With everything in me, I hate you. I hate what you did to me. I hate what you stand for. Like your name, you are a vile cancer and this day I shall cut you out."

Clearly Grievance is no longer in touch with reality and has projected his hatred for his cruel captor from long ago onto Reiis. There is no doubt that he could kill her now, not even realizing whom he is really hurting. But then, a voice soft and calming somehow penetrates the overpowering chaotic sounds of rage.

"I am your friend."

Like lightning, a flashback descends upon Grievance Vexx, only he is not the same. He is young; he is fully composed of flesh and bone. He is Karolus Rexx Sheelal. His friend; his brother in arms, Stelios Livstid Krig was at the end of his arm instead of Reiis.

"I told you not to interfere!" Karolus snarled, shaking the other Kaleesh in anger.

"I had to!" Stelios snarled right back, giving Karolus a strong shove in the chest.

"Why?!" Karolus demanded, butting his masked face against that of the other Kaleesh, "You're a fool! You could have been killed!"

"Because," Stelios replied calmly, "I am your friend."

17. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis was flailing in vain against his grip, trying to wrench herself out of his grip, but it was only about to get worse.

"I do not betray others. It gains me nothing. All secrets told me will go to my grave with what is left of my corpse. My honor will have it no other way. You are not Kaleesh. Your honor code is not the same. You will destroy me if there is something for you to gain from it."

"Not true!" she wanted to yell, but the words didn't come. Slowly, but noticeably, her throat began to cave inward. What the kriffing...

The Force. Grievance was using the Force.

Her throat tightened as Grievance begins yelling at some "Darth Kancerus." He wasn't even trying to kill her now! Reiis squirmed in the grip, but was unable to breath or move. Her voice came out hoarse, barely audible. "Grievance..." She could feel the flood of rage within him, and saw it building into a peak of murder. She sent the calm into his mind, but she didn't know if it'd work.

It had.

18. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    The instant Reiis' words meld with the past words of Stelios, it is like the plug has pulled on Grievance's rage and, by extension, his power in the Force. As the flashback recedes and his mind returns to present reality, it is as though he is realizing what is happening for the first time. His eyes, once hard, murderous, and unforgiving, have softened to confusion, remorse, and perhaps a slight trace of fear.

Slowly, mechanically, he lowers Reiis until her feet are on the ground again, the tension in the hand that clutches the collar of her robes gradually relinquishing its deadly grip. Staring vacantly into space, he turns away from her and paces away, clutching his head as it throbs with a foreign sensation. He has no way of knowing it is a result of having tapped so heavily into the Force with his rage.

"What happened?" EV-A4-D asks as he walks slowly past the droid, his gait slow and heavy, "I was kind of looking forward to watching you make a kill. Why the sudden change of heart?"

Grievance bears the droid no mind as he continues to pace away, stopping only to retrieve his cloak, which he hastily wraps around his shoulders as he continues on his way, stopping only when he has reached the deep shadows that engulf the walls of the pit. There, he stands close to the stony surface, one broad shoulder braced against it, clutching his head with one hand and clinging to the stone with the other.

19. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

The rage died out in Grievance and with it, the Force choke. A rush of air swept into her respirator and relief followed it. His eyes soften, his presence in the Force relaxes...if you can call what he's feeling relaxed. His eyes and his soul reflect sorrow and remorse, and Reiis can feel his soul hurting through the Force. She almost says something, but she is silenced by the empty look on his face. He lets her down gently, and turns to walk away, ignoring his medical droid's questioning.

He walks with depressed deliberation as he takes his cloak, walking beyond where Reiis can see him, even if it had been during the daylight hours.

Well...she couldn't just let him leave.

Reiis walked over to where she'd seen him go, and found him in a pitiful pose. His hand was on his head, another one clutching the stone. "Grievance?" She took a few steps forward, sending calming and soothing thoughts through the Force. "Are you okay?" Clearly, he wasn't, but it was a start.

20. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Lost in thoughts that make absolutely no sense as they chase each other in circles, Grievance is barely aware of Reiis as she approaches. What had come over him? Why had he given in to such beastly rage? He has always maintained a sense of dignity through self-control and he had lost every bit of it. For what reason? He can't even rightly remember. He closes his eyes against emotions pulling his logic in all directions.

As Reiis speaks his name, he opens them again and slowly turns his gaze toward her. Always a bold one. Any other living creature who had just survived an attempted strangling would have fled the scene immediately upon release and never looked back. Not Reiis Invadator apparently. She's just too foolish to flee with her life. Foolish...or perhaps she really does take his fragile trust seriously.

"I am so very sorry," his voice rumbles softly, a far cry from the feral roar of fury that had ripped from his throat moments ago, "Something blinded my logic and...I am greatly ashamed to confess that I could not control it."

He looks away at this point, the shame being too much to bare while maintaining eye contact. Part of him wishes Reiis would just leave and never look back upon the metal beast he has become; leave him alone to steep in his shame and deal with it in solitude as he has so many times before. Yet at the same time, he knows that she may be able to help him understand what has occurred here in this dark arena.

"I truly have become a monster, no better than a mindless rancor," he says quietly, his yellow eyes turning to Reiis, black-clad and barely visible in the depths of the moonless shadows, contrasting his stark-white skeletal frame, "What is happening to me?"

21. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis can feel the confusion and pain inside of Grievance as she approaches, and can see it in his eyes when he turns to look at her. "I am so very sorry" he said. "Something blinded my logic and...I am greatly ashamed to confess that I could not control it."

Force-enhanced rage.

Grievance didn't seem to know it, but the Force had most likely caused an otherwise controllable fit of rage to spiral out of his control. Such was the risk of using the Force as the Sith do, and he had yet to learn how to control and use it. He looks away again, and Reiis can feel the shame tugging at his mind. She doesn't want him to feel ashamed, as he was dealing with something he was completely unfamiliar with, but something tells Reiis it won't be easy to convince him otherwise.

"I truly have become a monster, no better than a mindless rancor. What is happening to me?"

"No, you're not a mindless rancor, Grievance," she replied, calmly. "I'd be dead if that were the case." It was true; and although she'd almost died, Grievance had listened to her and stopped. A pang of pity and guilt struck her as he asked what was happening to him. Reiis blamed herself for awakening the Force within him and causing so much pain. Carefully, so as not to startle him, she placed her non-prosthetic hand on his arm, sending sincerity and calmness through the Force. "Whenever a Sith taps into the Force," she began quietly. "There is always the risk of losing control. It is something we all face in return for the greater power the Force provides us. The Dark Side enhances anger, which can be a indispensable tool, but also a dangerous risk. This is why the Jedi shun the Dark Side -- it can be as destructive as it is useful." She paused, allowing time for her words to sink in, her thoughts drifting to her Jedi training long ago. "The Jedi teach their apprentices to withhold emotion, and they are weak because of it. Anger isn't a force to be ignored; it is to be used, and I foresee you will learn to use it well."

Reiis looked up at her fellow cyborg. She could barely see him in the dark, but his presence in the Force was clear. "I may no longer carry the Darth title, but I will always be your friend."

OOC: That was a beautiful post you wrote, by the way.

22. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    His eyes glowing ever so softly in the darkness, Grievance fixes his gaze on Reiis once again, truly seeking to understand what he has just experienced. This animalistic nature that had come over him is admittedly frightening and has caused him to shun the Force even more for it.

"I knew the Force was not something to be trifled with," he growls, though the sound itself is not really aggressive, "I cannot afford to lose control like that. Loss of control gets others killed; it almost got you killed. I did not intentionally tap into it though. It just happened."

He starts to push himself away from the Pit wall, overcome by the need to pace, but he stops as Reiis places a hand on his cybernetic arm. The gesture is so kind; so human. For just a moment, it causes Grievance to forget that he is more machine than man. Very seldom has physical contact been made since his transformation; even more seldom is kind physical contact.

"How can you not liken me to a murderous animal after I came so close to killing you?" he asks, clearly unable to fathom her kindness after he had been so cruel, "Perhaps I cut off oxygen to your brain a bit too long. Even a gungan would have made haste to flee after a show like that. Are you honestly all right?"

As she speaks of the foresight of him learning to control and use his anger properly, he shakes his head. How can she possibly believe this? Does she not realize just how temperamental the Kaleesh species are? Surely she has known him long enough to see the inferno that boils in his veins. It had taken him several years to learn to control that alone, but with the Force in play...he has no idea how he could possibly control that.

"Can it not be removed or destroyed?" he asks, speaking of the Force power itself, "Technology and medicine is so greatly advanced compared to what we have on Kalee. Surely something can be done." He pauses as she reiterates that she intends to remain his friend. If this is true, he honestly would prefer that his friend stays alive. "Very well. But you must promise me one thing, Reiis Invadator. Should I ever lose control like that again, you must flee. I do not kill without reason, but if I have no sense or ability with which to reason...I fear what could happen."

OOC- Likewise. I love it when writing gets intense.

23. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

"It just takes some getting used to," she countered. Now that she'd brought him this far, she certainly didn't want to let him shun it further. "You'll learn to control it in time -- that's what your training is for. It just takes time." Assurance was what she sought to provide him, but she had her doubts about whether it was working.

She can't help but chuckle at his suggestion that her brain had been denied too much oxygen. "I trust you more than I trust most," she said, her words loaded with meaning from past experience -- she had not said it lightly. "Even if you are a bit temperamental, I can trust you won't betray me knowingly. That's more than I can say for most."

Her hope that he will see the usefulness of the Force is quickly crushed with: "Can it not be removed or destroyed?"

Reiis rolled her eyes. Why must he be this way?

"No, there isn't," she said. "And please stop trying to get rid of it, okay? It doesn't work that way." She paused to think about making a promise to flee if he ever struck out in a rage again. Never the type to run, this wasn't something that would come naturally. "I promise to keep my safety in mind," she replied, hoping he'd be satisfied with the response.

24. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance makes something of a cynical snort as Reiis tries to reassure him that this phenomenal power can be controlled with time and proper training. He simply cannot see it being that simple; not after experiencing such a complete loss of control. It just doesn't seem possible.

"Time is not a luxury to be had when tampering with a power that intense," he grumbles, the ever-present scowl of his mask deepening as a scowl becomes his expression behind it, "And I do not see how training can even help when the power seems to take over one's conscious will."

Stubborn to a fault, it should come as no surprise to Reiis that Grievance would use his logic to argue and debate. He certainly cannot be classified as gullible; not with his suspicious hyper-vigilance constantly at work. The war dog's mind is always mapping out future possibilities, a quality that can sometimes be as bad as it is good; a hinderance as much as it is a help.

"You can take that to the bank," he scoffs, "I will never betray an ally, let alone a friend. Not willfully anyway. I have withstood torture in the hopes of the enemy that I would leak information during the war on my homeworld. It did not work and I was much younger and more foolish then."

He looks genuinely disappointed when Reiis tells him that he might as well give up the hope that he can get rid of his ability; not an easy pill for him to swallow. He growls in frustration and bashes his durasteel fist against the stone wall. Why was he even born with this ability? Neither of his parents had been Force-sensitive. It just doesn't make sense.

"Keeping your safety in mind means get the hell away from me if I get like that again," he growls, wagging a finger at her, "I will not have your unnecessary death weighing on my conscience for the rest of my life. The only way you will be killed by my hand is if you give me a really good reason to terminate you. Understand?"

25. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

His doubt is understandable, and Reiis knows it will take a lot of convince him that the power can indeed be controlled. Perhaps...controlled isn't the right word. "You must first lean to embrace it...know it fully...before you can control it. You have yet to explore it completely, and therefore reach a true understanding of it." She smiled, despite the situation. "You need to go on a murderous rampage, in other words. Perhaps your master can set that up for you."

At least he has his core moral code. That would guide him through a lot, and apparently it already had.

He bashes his fist into the wall in frustration, sending chips of rock flying. Reiis doesn't flinch. She knows anger, especially his anger now, too well to be intimidated by it. Perhaps that is why she stayed. She wonders absently if his parents had it, or his grandparents, and it never manifest itself to attention. Perhaps the General had been Force Sensitive, and this Count Dooku wouldn't tell him of it, knowing his potential.

"Keeping your safety in mind means get the hell away from me if I get like that again," he scolds her. "I will not have your unnecessary death weighing on my conscience for the rest of my life. The only way you will be killed by my hand is if you give me a really good reason to terminate you. Understand?"

Reiis sighs in response before nodding in agreement. "Okay, alright. I'll get away if your temper flares up again." She accepts it more readily now, as he has phrased it in terms of how it would hurt him if he killed her. Reiis didn't think of her own safety or feelings much, but she constantly thought about that of others. "Though...someday," she laughed, "I just might deserve it with as annoying and stubborn as I can get." She grinned, patting him on the arm.

"But still...I think you'll have this in control in no time."