main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Beyond The Seventh Move...[post-KoD Rancor Pit tournament]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Kaleesh-Cyborg, May 22, 2017.

1. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance looks at Reiis as though she has lost her mind as she suggests that he needs to be unleashed in some ultra-violent way in order to get a better handle on his power. Is she serious? Does she realize the carnage he would leave in his wake if he were provoked to such rage and turned loose on anything alive?

"Are you insane?" he asks tactlessly, "I do not want to go on a murderous rampage! I do not wish to murder! I wage war and kill those who deserve to be killed in a fair show of arms!"

Speaking of that moral code, it appears that Reiis has struck a nerve as the cyborg becomes adamant about not liking this idea at all. Killing innocent people is not something he is willing to do and the way she has worded this implies that he may be required to do just that. He calms down slightly as she finally agrees to stay out of the way should he lose control again.

"Good," he grumbles, scowling as she pats his arm, "You'd best learn not to question me. I know what I am capable of and it would be a horrible tragedy if you happened to be in the way of my wrath. Especially with this cursed power tainting my actions and making them far worse than they need be."

Tag: Anakin.Skywalker
    OOC- Wow! A weekend post?

2. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

Reiis sighed as Grievance completely rejected the idea of a murderous rampage. He needed to get it out, and he just wasn't having any of it. "Perhaps droids, then? We could set a squadron of battle droids on you." She really did mean that.

It seems Grievance has a moral code better than most Sith she knows, and she wonders how he will fare within their ranks if he maintains his dislike of killing innocents. But now is not the time to bring that up. He'll have to learn to control his Force-augmented anger, first.

She cringes when he speaks of the Force "tainting" his actions, but she nevertheless understands what he's going through. "Practice, my friend, is the best remedy for inexperience with such things. I promise, if you ever get that way again, that I'll protect myself first. Do you feel ready to continue our duel?"

TAG: Kaleesh-Cyborg
    OOC: Yeah, lol. I forgot I was working Saturday, so I had an extended period of time at one point in the day.

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  3. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    At the mention of droids, Grievance shrugs nonchalantly. They don't really matter one way or another to him; child's play if one wanted the truth. After all, he is the direct descendant of a General who seemed to find solace for his own temper in dismantling his own army of battle droids.

"Oh-ho! That'll turn you into your father," EV-A4-D scoffs, "He cost the Separatists so much money between his horrible fighting skills and his temper tantrums."

"The idea of slaughtering droids," Grievance comments, eyeing his medic, "Does have a slight appeal to me..."

"But it would be more beneficial to set him up to slaughter some Jedi!" the medical droid says quickly, obviously unnerved by his master's threat, "No need to get violent on droids now."

Grievance chuckles darkly and turns his eyes back to Reiis as she asks if he is ready to continue the duel that had ended abruptly with his burst of blind fury. He inclines his head slightly and pushes himself away from the wall.

"I suppose I am," he sighs, slowly moving out of the overwhelming shadows and back to where the moon casts a ghostly hue on his pale armor. He growls slightly as he sees where he had cast his weapons in his rage, angry with himself for losing control to the point of abusing his lightsabers as if abusing his friends wasn't bad enough.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  4. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis smiled as the droid chimed in with his own response to a potential droid massacre, though he didn't sound too worried.

As they walked back out into the arena, moonlight casting eerie shadows beneath their footsteps. Despite the relative darkness, Reiis could see Grievances's anger towards his behavior, which wouldn't do any good for him getting used to it. He was eyeing his saber.

Silently, Reiis walked toward the sabers, crouching and extending an arm to pick them up. She contemplated them for a moment before offering them to Grievance. "Rule number one: Never let these go. You could, like, die, ya know." She grinned, hoping he'd not beat himself over the head too much. It was one thing to be ashamed of one's actions, but Reiis thought Grievance was too conscientious. At least for a Sith...

"Oh, and this time...you're making the first move."

5. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance's anger toward himself is quite possibly his most dangerous fuel. It is not easy to restrain nor release anger toward oneself as the self cannot be attacked and fought with in the same way a separate opponent can. Taught to channel it properly, he might be able to use it to his advantage, but at the same time, it could lead to imminent self-destruction. He growls in annoyance as Reiis warns him not to lose his lightsabers, eyeing her with a look that appears as annoyed as he sounds.

"I know that!" he grumbles, snatching his weapons from her with a swiping motion, "Its not like I disarmed myself. I have two others and have you forgotten that my entire body is a weapon? I suppose I have failed to introduce you to the flamethrower built into my arm."

He's not angry, just annoyed and when he is annoyed, he can have a tendency to be rude and ill-mannered. Pacing further out into the arena to afford both of them some space to choose how they will engage each other, he chuckles as Reiis challenges him to make the first move.

"Says who?" he scoffs, "Last time I made the first move, it nearly got both of us killed."

6. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis smiled thinly as her attempt to lighten his mood fell flat. "Says me," she responded to his question. "You need to be pushed out of your comfort zone and you're not going to do that by doing what you've been doing." That was convoluted, but he would get it. She turned and walked away to put a few meters distance between them. "And I don't think--"

She froze, and turned on her heel to face the cyborg once again. "You have a what?" Her eyes alternated between his two arms, trying to figure out which one had the flamethrower. "You have a flamethrower? Well....I want to see that!" Her voice had turned from incredulous to excited, but quickly turned to a frown. "Why didn't I get one of those?" So much of Reiis's transformation had struck her as unfair and inadequate. She didn't get a set of armor, her breathing was noisy, she didn't get any special weapons, and they didn't even add on a few inches of height. At least a few inches. It could have been worse, though. She could have been stuck with limbs not resistant to lightsabers, but a set of armor would certainly have been nice. Perhaps she'd outfit herself with a set at some point..

Reiis now beheld her cyborg friend with a new sense of awe and wonder. What else was he capable of?! She couldn't help but feel a little envy and admiration. I mean, if she had to be a cyborg, couldn't she have been made that potent? She grinned at him, motioning to his droid with a sharp, excited nod of her head. "Torch the droid."

7. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    "You think you can push me around, do you?" Grievance almost laughs at the mental image--tiny Reiis giving it all she's got to push around a massive stubborn beast like himself, "Let us see it then."

He looks a little surprised as Reiis reacts to his threat of a flamethrower with excitement rather than fear or even nervousness for that matter. And yet...he really isn't surprised. Reiis seems to do the opposite of what is logical nine times out of ten. Now is no different.

"No!" A4-D protests, "No torching the droid! I'll have that thing painfully removed if you even think about it."

"I hardly ever use it," he replies with a shrug after allowing himself a light chuckle at Reiis' suggestion and his medic's reaction, "Just like I rarely ever use the blaster in my possession. I do not like distance attacks. To the day, I have used the flamethrower one time and the blaster not at all."

8. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis was admittedly a bit disappointed when she didn't get a demonstration of the flamethrower, and hardly notices his dare of sorts. Part of her mind begins to work on a way to persuade him to use it, and the other part tells her it's futile. Shrugging it off for the moment, but in no way forgetting it, Reiis turns and takes a few more steps away before facing him again. Igniting her darksaber with only half her mind there, she waited for her opponent to move, her mind drifting into deep thought.

I certainly hope it doesn't go off accidentally......I mean, it hasn't yet but I don't want to get torched again.....He'd probably try and put it out....maybe he had a fire extinguisher...does he have a fire extinguisher?....I don't know....I can't even see the flamethrower....and where's the blaster......why can't I see the flamethrower.

She was hardly paying attention to her opponent now...not even looking at him. She'd see if he attacked, she figured. After all, he was supposed to be doing the initial attack, right?

9. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    If he had ever wanted to distract her, it would seem Grievance has done so quite thoroughly in simply mentioning the other weapons he has at his disposal. He watches Reiis for a moment, picking up on the fact that her thoughts are not focused on their duel. No, she is thinking about something else. Or perhaps it is a trap. Maybe she is pretending to be distracted to try and force him to attack first.

Talons clanking softly as he takes to slowly circling again, Grievance decides to oblige her this time, suddenly moving in with a vaulting leap, lightsabers raised and ready to be brought down heavily upon her. As for her concerns over his flamethrower, it is a high quality piece of equipment embedded in his appendage. The chances of it going off without him doing it on purpose are very slim.

10. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Perhaps she could get one put on her right arm....would that get in the way....would the left be possible...would it get too hot....maybe they made hand-held types...lightsaber size perhaps.....did they make those...perhaps there was more she could add...why hadn't she thought of this before....

A sharp alert through the Force brought her mind back to the present. Her head shot up, surprised to find Grievance sailing towards her -- about to bring his sabers down upon her. With no time to move, Reiis brought her saber up in a flash, almost falling as she staggered back from the force of the blow. Instead of darting to the side and trying to find an exposed side as she'd normally do, she planted her feet, pushing up with the Force against the blow and pivoting her saber to strike a blow towards his legs. In reality, there wasn't much room to move around the cyborg, but another part of Reiis also wanted to see what she could accomplish if she stayed put and fought.

OOC: Sorry this took so long.

11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance's feet crash down hard on the ground directly in front of Reiis and his lightsabers follow suit directly above her head, but there is a sudden halt to his attack as though someone is pushing his arms back and holding them in place. The initial look of confusion is fleeting as he recognizes the Force at work, stopping him dead in his tracks. This being the case, there isn't much he can do when Reiis brings her counterstrike to his legs, the blow connecting about six inches below his hip joints.

"Oh, snap!" EV-A4-D mutters as the unthinkable occurs, "That's just great! More work for me to do! Why do you cyborgs have to be so stubborn and ornery?"

Reiis may be a little shocked to find her darksaber has effectively severed both of Grievance's legs and it is quite a sight to see the crippled cyborg suddenly drop like a stone and crash to the ground in a heap. Crippled, but far from helpless, he immediately dislocates his shoulders and draws himself up on four arms, looking up at Reiis with a most unamused scowl.

"Well, she really took you down a few notches, Master," the medical droid pipes up, "I shouldn't say it, but I'm going to. She cut you right off at the knees."

Grievance turns to his medic abruptly and, balancing on three arms, he jabs his lightsaber at A4-D threateningly, daring him to make one more snide remark. The droid wisely drops the mockery.

"All right. I'll go fetch your spare parts," he sighs, scuttling back to Grievance's star fighter to gather the necessary equipment.

"Now...where were we?" the cyborg growls, armed with one lightsaber while he stalks in a circle around Reiis on three arms, looking more like a prowling beast now that he is forced to carry himself as a quadruped. Obviously, he still intends to fight despite literally having his legs taken out from under him.

12. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Before Reiis could stop her strike, both of his legs had been severed from his body by her Darksaber. She jumped back, dropping her weapon as if it had burned her hands and looking at Grievance's severed legs in horror. Her hip joints burned with phantom pains, almost causing her knees to buckle, as the visage before her brought back a flood of memories of her own dismemberment.

She continues to stare in horror as he somehow manages to begin circling her, holding himself up with three arms as if it was normal or practical. He seemed rather good at it, but still.

"What....what are you doing?" she asked incredulously. "Why didn't you block it?!"

13. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    "Because his fighting sucks, that's why," EV-A4-D harrumphs, returning with a pair of cybernetic legs identical to the ones Grievance has just lost, "Master, please stand down. You're freaking the poor girl out."

Grievance growls at the derogatory comment regarding his skill, but he is more hung up on Reiis' question as to why he had not blocked her strike. Now it is his turn to be incredulous.

"I was bound in some invisible lock with your power!l he replies, disengaging his weapon since Reiis is now unarmed, "I couldn't even split my arms. It was like something was just holding me there. Certainly, I would have blocked you had I been able. I don't just graciously allow friends to slice off my limbs like that and don't you say a word, you cursed droid!"

"Whatever you say, Master," the medic sighs in annoyance, "I have better things to do than repair you every two minutes, now will you please get over here so I can fix the most recent damage you've incurred?"

Seeing Reiis is visibly shaken by what has just occurred with his accidental dismemberment, the cyborg heaves a sigh of resignation. Truly, he is perfectly capable of continuing their duel even in his crippled state, but he is insightful enough to realize the impact of this event has left his friend very disturbed.

"It did not cause excruciating pain, if that is what you are thinking," he offers, trying to sound gentle and reassuring; not an easy task for one so gruff with a gruff and rumbling voice to boot,
    "Cybernetics and faux neurons do not communicate pain to the brain as keenly as flesh and nerves do. It is nothing in light of losing your real appendages, trust me."

14. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis continued to stare as he explains this apparent "holding force" he experienced, genuinely confused by this revelation. "I just pushed back with the Force...I didn't mean to hold you." She looked down at his metal stubs. "I'm sorry." She stepped back a few feet, watching the medical droid meekly as he approached with the new limbs.

"I know it's not that painful," she snapped, part in embarrassment at him reading her emotions and part angry with herself for not being more careful. It seems she had gotten used to being the one injured. A streak of defensive defiance worked its way into her mind -- it was her mind's way of deterring embarrassment -- but she said nothing, merely folding her arms and watching the medical droid.

She let her arms drop, and sighed. "I should have been more careful. Perhaps we'll reduce the power to a third? That should be enough to keep our injuries minimized." She began pacing, thinking. "Heck, we should probably be fighting with wooden staffs with as much as we're injuring each other."

Hmm....maybe that wasn't a bad idea.

15. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance turns his head away and mutters something nasty about the Force in Kaleesh. Nope. He still does not like it and he still has no shame in blatantly admitting he doesn't like it either. His yellow eyes flick back toward Reiis as she apologizes and he heaves a growling sigh of aggravation.

"Apologizing for self-defense? I swear, you have some of the most absurd behavior I have ever seen," he mutters, rolling his eyes, "It is a duel. These things happen and if you do not expect them to, then you have not been a warrior long enough. It is not a crime; just an inconvenience."

"You're telling me!" A4-D grumbles, "How many times have you two inconvenienced me now in just one night?"

"You need an off switch!" Grievance snarls.

"That makes two of us!" the droid snarls back.

Grievance is about to say something else to his medic when Reiis snaps at him, evoking another growl from her ill-tempered ally. He turns to her and raises himself up as high as he can on his arms, which brings him almost--but not quite--eye level with her.

"You sure acted otherwise," he points out, picking up her darksaber and shaking it at her as he continues, "And as I recall, someone recently told me not to lose my weapon. I think that someone would do well to practice what she preaches, yes?"

He actually has the audacity to burst out laughing at her suggestion of reducing the power to their weapons. No, he's not about to go that route this time. As much as Reiis wants to help him properly use the power he was born with, Grievance wants to help Reiis develop a more strategic mind. Reducing power to their weapons will not aid his cause.

"We cannot adjust our Force power," he replies, scowling as he adds, "Well...I can't anyway. Why then should we adjust it on our weapons? Reiis Invadator, the biggest troublemaker you will ever face in your lifetime looks back at you from the mirror every morning. I know you can control your troublemaker every bit as much as I can control mine. Are you an accomplished warrior or are you still in boot camp? Either way, I will not diminish the power of my weapon and neither will you."

In his own riddling way, Grievance is trying to tell Reiis that he has faith in her; that he has sincerely extended his full trust to her as a friend and comrade that she will be mindful not to do irreversible damage to him regardless of how serious their sparring may get. Knowing how reckless she can be, he is challenging her to have faith in her own self-control.

16. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis's brow furrowed as she pondered these "inconveniences," giving him a snort in protest but saying nothing for the moment as he argues with EV-A4-D. She continued to watch in silent stubbornness as he shook her saber at her, not wanting to take it just out of pride. There was little use in that. A small sigh of resignation emanated from behind the mask as she gently took her Darksaber, looking down at it in her hand in deep thought. His abrupt laughter at her suggestion took her by surprise -- what was different now? It certainly seemed logical to power down their sabers so as to not injure one another.

As it turns out...it did make sense.

The Force could not be easily diminished, but it could be used controlled. Such, as her friend was saying, would have to be the way with their sabers. It made sense, really, though Reiis was still afraid she'd hurt her friend accidentally if she trapped him with the Force as she'd apparently just done. She remained silent for a moment before acknowledging him.

"You're right," she said carefully. That was all she said, because she knew not what else to say. Reiis wasn't about to contradict was he was saying, but she also knew just how much she didn't trust herself. Heck, he trusted her more than she did herself...

But Reiis knew that she would do whatever she could think of to not hurt her friend again, even if that meant letting herself get hurt or not attacking when she could. She clipper her saber on her belt and hooked her thumbs on the same as she pondered her strategy and waited for EV-A4-D to reattach Grievance's limbs.

17. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    EV-A4-D watches with slight amusement as the two cyborgs face off with each other, both defiant and stubborn as hell. He won't be surprised if the two just go at each other again without warning, but as it turns out, Reiis seems to get what Grievance is saying. She takes her weapon back politely and he relinquishes his challenging in-your-face stance, adopting a less aggressive posture.

"You are a paradox, Invadator," the Kaleesh warrior sighs with a shake of his head, "You display such reckless confidence in combat; confidence in your weapon and your skill. However, without confidence in yourself, you are in danger. You fight with bravado at best. The reason I say we will not power down our weapons comes to this: imagine a war zone. We are surrounded. Our only hope is to stand back to back and fight our way out. I am confident that nothing will get past me to harm you, but I am also confident that I can fight this close to you without harming you myself. A warrior must possess this confidence otherwise the battle is doomed before it begins."

Speaking from his own experience at war in Kalee, Grievance's gaze is distant; reflective. He may be seeing his ravaged world scorched by war or he may be recalling fighting back to back with his most trusted comrades. One can't really say for sure. The only thing that is abundantly clear is that when he speaks of war, his words are anything but shallow.

A4-D takes advantage of Grievance's deep mindset by quietly creeping up on him and swiftly dislocating what is left of his legs right at the hips. Of course, this jolts the cyborg out of his pensive state and he is not very happy with the audacity of his droid. Though not nearly as painful as flesh and blood, repairs aren't exactly painless either.

"You have the worst bedside manner ever!" he snaps, "You could have at least warned me!"

"No point," the droid shrugs, "You would have simply been rude and protested uncivilly, so it was easier to just catch you off guard. Just relax. You know this goes down a lot easier if you just shut your mouth and let me work."

Grievance growls in annoyance, but decides to ignore the droid and return his focus to Reiis. He isn't finished with what he is trying to tell her and it is imperative that she grasp what he knows if she is to avoid the self-sabotaging pitfalls she often finds herself in.

"The battle begins in the mind, my friend," he continues, wincing as his droid fires up his soldering torch, "If you see yourself failing, it will happen. If you see yourself coming out the victor, likewise. It reaches beyond the arrogance of bravado and self-assurance. It's built in to a true warrior. Even if you lose, if you walk away with your life intact and a lesson learned, it is not entirely a defeat."

18. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis's can feel her face warming with humiliation as he pinpoints her lack of confidence in herself and calls out her bravado -- she's heard this before, and she didn't like it any better this time. Still, she says nothing, instead picturing the scenario he describes for her. It becomes painfully obvious to her that, while she was confident she could destroy anything, she didn't trust herself to lose control and not destroy too much. It had happened once before, and she was perpetually afraid it would happen again. Reiis was a coward by no means, and she'd do the best she could in battle, but her loss of control had been what caused her to leave the Jedi, and she feared what else it would take.

She cringes as the droid sneaks up on Grievance, waiting patiently as he gets to work and Grievance continues. Can he feel through the metal? That would be....odd...but it certainly seemed he could. She sent a pain deterrent through the Force as best she could, watching her friend as he continued explaining. "I understand" she replied simply, a hint of sadness in her voice. "I will...I will work on that." She frowned. "No...I will...do it. I will."

19. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance typically isn't one to intentionally humiliate anyone unless they deserve it, but in this instance, it is necessary to call things the way he sees them; not because Reiis deserves to be humiliated, but rather because she needs to break out of the trench she keeps hiding in. She is an able warrior; one of the most fearless he has ever dealt with, but just as she keeps telling him he could be so much more if he would let go of what inhibits him, he is basically telling her the very same thing.

"You had better," he replies gruffly, "I will not let you rest otherwise."

He is vaguely aware that the Force is being used for some reason, but he fails to link it to the sense of pain diminishing slightly and merely thinks his droid must have let up on how rough he was being with the repairs. He starts to ask Reiis what she is doing just because he can sense the Force at work, but...

"Speaking of rest," A4-D butts in as he finishes soldering the second leg into place, "I would highly recommend you doing just that, Master. You've had enough violent fun for one day. It will take time for your legs to stabilize."

The cyborg chuckles and uses his newly repaired leg to push the droid away and in stubborn defiance, he gets to his feet.

"Not from where I'm standing," he laughs, abruptly cut off by a coughing fit, "When will you learn, doctor? I am undefeated. I will never stay down for long."

"Stubborn reek!" the droid harrumphs, "You are as bullheaded as they come. Don't come crying to me when that soldering job doesn't hold up under your foolishness."

20. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis can hear Grievance and A4-D arguing, but she isn't listening to their words. Her mind is far elsewhere until Grievance stands once again, height restored. They aren't standing far apart, and normally Reiis would back up a little bit to start out with more room. No....Grievance had presented a challenge of sorts, and if there was one thing Reiis couldn't do it was ignore a challenge. If she wanted to learn what he had advised, she'd best get to it.

She ignited her Darksaber, a mere foot or two away from the cyborg, waiting.

OOC: I'm sorry for how long this took and how little I've written.

21. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    For all the droid's fretting, Grievance seems no worse for the wear. He doesn't seem to need the rest EV-A4-D nags him about as he brandishes his own weapons, duel-wielding as usual. He ignites and spins them once as though to loosen his wrists before shifting his weight to a fighting stance, where he too begins a waiting game, patiently certain that Reiis will make the first move.

He knows he has struck a nerve or two; he can practically see the wheels turning in Reiis' mind as she ruminates on his challenge. She has to be more level-headed in combat and he is perfectly capable of showing her how to attain this, but both of them are painfully stubborn and that is where tempers may flare.

OOC- I meant to get a post in yesterday, but my creativity was shot. Apologies.

22. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Her move again, wasn't it? Yup, sure was.

With a flick of her wrist and a quick upward movement of her arm, Reiis aimed her Darksaber at Grievance's shoulder. The hope was to stop the blow if he seemed unable to attack, and this was the same reason she did not employ the Force in this first move. If he blocked, which she was assuming he would, she'd pull back as soon as possible.

Hopefully it'd work.

OOC: No worries. I totally get that. Same here.

23. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Pleased that she has not tried to out-wait him, Grievance reacts with lightning-fast reflexes, barely exerting any effort at all as he rotates the blade one time and deflects her strike, not going for a lock this time. Instead, he lets her blade connect with his and bounce off with a sound similar to a ricocheting blaster bolt. Though he has insisted that he is in fighting shape, he is smart enough to know he needs to be cautious and conserve his energy at this time. Too much too soon could very well compromise the stability of his repairs.

After deflecting her blade, he thrusts low as though to strike her legs where she had struck his when she had severed them. The strike is with remarkable speed and fluidity; Grievance just might be upping the stakes yet again, revealing a new method of swordplay that is more deliberate and calculating than what he has engaged in so far.

24. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis felt a surge of adrenaline as the fight began, even more so because of the smoother, more efficient style he has abruptly adopted. It throws her off for a moment, but she likes the change, and works to adopt it as quickly as she can. Part of this is a necessary change, as it would be very difficult to keep up if she continued to adhere to her regular, rough and somewhat clunky style. It wouldn't actually be a bad permanent change, really -- it'd keep her alert and it wasn't exactly necessary to "whack" people with a saber as hard as Reiis usually tried to. She'd have to think on this. But not now.

Grievance aimed a thrust towards her legs, and she parried this with equal speed but less efficiency, as the newness of the style was still a barrier. It dawned upon her at this moment that this was some of what Grievance had been trying to tell her. Her own inhibitions...her lack of confidence...would be her downfall in a battle. Feeling her hesitation and resenting it every little bit, Reiis drew upon the Dark Side to push away her fears, making them melt away as she loosened her nervously tight grip on her Darksaber. Now this was what fighting should be. Reiis pushed off against his lightsaber, darting to the side and taking a quick swipe at his midsection. If this was deflected, she dart back around to the front if the path was open, and strike a blow at his legs.

25. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Seeing Reiis adjust accordingly to effectively counter his altered style encourages Grievance to press in further with the same tactics. Shifting away from his brutal heavy strikes that most expect from a creature his size, he truly enjoys the way of dueling that requires strategy as much as a chess game does. Strategy is where he thrives; one could say it runs in his family.

As his opponent lightens her grip, he knows his unspoken message has been received; she must remain versatile in combat and adjust accordingly if she hopes to face anything and everything that could possibly confront her blade for blade, just as eventually he must call upon the Force if he is to survive and hope to conquer his foes.

As Reiis parries his thrust away from her legs and darts to one side, aiming a jab at his torso, Grievance takes a long and graceful step to the side, letting the momentum of her jab fall short and pulling a medieval tactic by ripping his cloak off and throwing it at her head-on in an attempt to blindside her, ready to unleash another strike if his attempt succeeds.