main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Beyond The Seventh Move...[post-KoD Rancor Pit tournament]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Kaleesh-Cyborg, May 22, 2017.

1. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

Reiis nods in response to Grievance's slights against the Jedi. She feels similarly, but can't help but see restraint as something that comes more easily to some more than others.

She wasn't ready for him to snap. The suddenness and energy of his protests cause her to flinch back,eyes widening; and when he extends the sword, she rushes forward to grab it without even thinking twice. No way is she going to be on that other side of that. Part of her acceptance is that she does agree with him, and had indeed been feeling quite humiliated.

He begins to command -- yes, command -- that she use this sword in place of the Darksaber, and Reiis isn't about to disagree. All she manages is a hurried nod as he continues on.

"It is a lig sword--my mother's. It served her well up until her life was taken in an ambush. My father trained me with it. It cannot hurt me as a plasma blade can, but it is made of cortosis. It can withstand a lock with a lightsaber. Up until I gained my father's collection, this was all I fought with. Now I only carry it to remind me that I was born a warrior. It will remind you as well until you are ready to reclaim your weapon."

Reiis stared down at the sword. It was primitive and blunt compared to a lightsaber, but even Reiis could see the beauty in it as a weapon. "Thank you," she said humbly. "I'm honored, truly. I will not disgrace it." Her look of awe turned into a frown when her friend began refuting the Force again.

"We are not going into this again," she said resolutely. "You need this...absolutely need this if you're going to stay with the Sith. And this, this power...it's truly a magnificent gift. It's too late to go back now. Your mind already knows of the Force, and something is bound to happen again whether you mean to or not. Just...." She paused. "You really need to do this."

TAG: Kaleesh-Cyborg

2. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Indeed, the Jedi and their ways have never been a subject Grievance has been able to speak of without some form of personal bias coming through--often in a volatile way. He affords no apology over startling Reiis with his unexpected cursing of her former teachers in the ways of the Force. He simply cannot apologize for it. It is never far from his mind the part the Jedi had played in placing harsh sanctions on his homeworld that had forced his people into poverty and starvation. Forgiveness will be a lifetime coming, if there is any to be had at all.

Glad and perhaps even a bit relieved as Reiis takes the sword without protest, he gives a solemn nod in regards to her promise to not disgrace it. He knows she will handle it well; it is quite similar in weight and handling to a lightsaber with the only difference being that it is a single-edged sword. He absently gazes at the slightly pitted and scarred blade, recalling the many battles he has fought with it. With that blade, he had taken the life of a Jedi from which he had collected his first kyber crystal. With that blade, he had slaughtered the Huk responsible for the death of his mother. His vengeance had come years later, but it had been worth the wait.

"Never, ever take up a training weapon again, Invadator," he states solidly, his heavy cloak enshrouding his broad shoulders as he lets his head drop in his less intimidating posture, "You have said yourself that you are not a Jedi, but a Sith and you have said that this is not something the Sith put into practice. Excommunicated though you may be, if Sith is what you are in your heart, do not waver."

Somehow appearing tired after his explosive cursing of the Jedi and the indignation that followed the realization as to why Reiis would even stoop to the mere thought of a training saber, Grievance seems relatively docile despite his irate scowl as he watches Reiis and listens to her argue against his resistance of the Force. He is not ignorant of the fact that this is no different than his insistence that she use a real weapon and not limit herself. Oh, yes. That burns. Despite his determination to ignore his own conscience, it burns him badly. Likewise, she does not want him to limit himself and he knows it. What he doesn't know is why he suddenly feels so drained. He has no idea that inexperienced use of the Force can swiftly exhaust the strongest physicality.

"So my mind knows it. So what?" he asks with a shrug, not nearly as vehement as before, but still argumentative nonetheless, "My mind has known and my mind will forget if I choose to do so. I have no interest in a power that has such a negative impact on someone I consider a friend. I do it wish to choke you...nor do I wish to block you from the power you value so much."

Tag: Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  3. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

"I won't," she promises, referring to wielding a training saber. Reiis had hated the idea herself, but had been unable to come up with a better solution. She was pleased and grateful Grievance had provided one, and was looking forward to getting the hang on the new blade. Granted, it was single-edged, but other than that it felt very much like a lightsaber and Reiis quickly became comfortable with it.

She listens silently as he declares the importance of sticking to her Sith ways, even though she could no longer carry the "Darth" title. It was something she had long debated. What was she, anyway? One of her greatest fears was that she'd be "diluted" with time, and before she could stop it, she'd be living the life of one of those Grey Jedi. Except for turning back to the light, turning to the Grey was the last thing Reiis wanted. "Thank you," she said quietly.

He looks worn...very worn, and Reiis suspects this is due to his experimental use of the Force. It would be his death, if he did not learn to control it. Without the ability to monitor it, his powers could flare wildly, and before he even knew it, he'd be too exhausted to fight -- with or without the Force. "You're tired...I can tell." It was a statement, not an insult. "It's because of your untrained use of the force, and if you don't control it, you may accidentally use it one day and wear yourself out." She looked at him seriously, trying to appeal to his sense as a warrior. "You can't afford that in a fight. As much as you wish, your mind will not forget. That's not how the Force works, I'm afraid." She honestly did feel some regret for him, but what was done was done.

"Don't worry about me. I...." She sighed. "Think of it this way. Force Sever is rare, but it is by no means unique to you. We both know how much I rely on the Force, and seeing as it's possible to be taken away.....well, wouldn't it make sense to learn to get used to it? I'd almost say you'd be helping me more than I'd be helping you. What do you say?"

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  4. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    A silent inclination of his head is Grievance's only response to her assurance and her thanks. Neck extended and head lowered as it is, he finds he cannot summon the gumption to raise it and as she calls him out on his fatigue, he growls softly; not out of insult, but out of frustration that he is unable to deny it. Having demanded the right to maintain some degree of feeling alive, Grievance, unlike his father, is susceptible to exhaustion as much as any other sentient being. Sometimes he is tempted to regret his own demands; to run on his own stamina, to feel pain and emotion. Yet at the same time, he embraces these moments like a long lost companion, for when they are there and often only when they are there, he is fully reminded that he is still a living creature. Not a droid. Not a machine. He is and always will be a Kaleesh. It is this sense of security that serves to keep him docile in the face of his detected vulnerability.

"Perhaps," he shrugs indifferently, trying to make light of it and dodge what Reiis is trying to get through his thick skull, "But this shouldn't surprise you. Unless you really do believe I am more a droid than anything else. I still have organic parts powering the movement and functionality of this war machine, you know."

Though the droid thing is no longer a sore spot between him and Reiis, he is using it to try and dodge what she is trying to tell him, mostly because he is uncomfortable with the sudden vulnerable feeling the Force has left him with. He simply had not expected it. Had he been physically exerting himself, he would anticipate feeling this way, but he doesn't feel like he has done anything to warrant the exhaustion he is now experiencing. As Reiis tries to explain what has occurred and appeal to his mind for battle strategy, he is attentive, though not without a begrudging sense about him. This certainly isn't helping him to like the Force any better than he had before.

"I did not know the Force had the capacity to drain one's stamina when they use it," he muses, apprehension evident as he continues, "And you are saying that now that the doorway has been opened, my mind could tap into it without me willfully triggering it. I do not like this. Now the Force could be the death of me whether it is coming or going."

He curses in Kaleesh under his breath, none too happy with this new information, yet knowing it to be the truth. Strangely, he does not waste his energy wishing he had not ventured down this path. If what Reiis is telling him is accurate, falling prey to regret will do nothing for him. He must adapt. Again. One would think he would be an expert in that area by now, given what he has been through and what he is capable of.

"I suppose I haven't much choice in the matter now," he grumbles, "But the ability to adapt is built in to any true warrior. I can adjust to this if I can learn how control it. I am willing to learn, Reiis Invadator, if you are still willing to teach. There was a time when I wished more than anything that my life would be cut short...but things have since changed. I do not want to die before my time."

Humble, yet somehow able to maintain his dignity, Grievance then listens to Reiis's ideas on practicing the use of his power, trying to dispel his concerns. It seems logical enough, but the concerns remain. What if he is unable to retract the Sever? What if its effects become permanent on his friend? Is it a risk either of them are willing to take? Reiis is sometimes silly enough to risk everything, he's sure of it. Yet she has earned his trust.

"I see your point," he sighs in resignation, "But you need to fully weigh the risks involved in what you are asking of me and of yourself."

5. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

"No, it doesn't surprise me," Reiis responded simply. "I am the same, really. I don't even have many more organic parts than you do, but I too get exhausted." And she was exhausted. The Sever had let her experience what Grievance was going through right now, and even though the Force had been returned to her, she was still left feeling exerted. She watches him carefully, trying to read beyond the mask what his thoughts were. At this point in their friendship, she felt it too invasive to probe his mind, though he'd soon learn to block that, she was sure.

"Yes, that is correct," she responds when he declares his dislike of the Force's tendency to drain a inconsistent user. "And, no, there's no going back now whether you like it or not." She says this pointedly, but not harshly. Better for him to get it now and learn quickly because of this stage of risk where he finds himself. He would learn quickly, she felt. But he needed to get on with it before it was too late. "I am, of course, willing to teach you as best I can."

Reiis contemplated her own risks in this endeavor. She knew -- at least from what she'd heard -- that Force Sever easily had the potential to permanently rid the victim of their connection to the Force, but Reiis wasn't going to tell Grievance that. "I know," she said, trying not to mentally or verbally hint that she was taking a larger risk than he thought. "I trust you."

6. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance really doesn't know how much of Reiis is still living. He knows that she still has her face intact, yet it has become so fragile that it has to be sustained behind a mask. What Reiis doesn't know is that most of Grievance's face is gone, but he has no qualms with being masked. No one outside of his race would ever see him unmasked anyway even if he were still wholly organic. It is simply the way of the Kaleesh.

"A cruel irony that we have both chosen a path that is openly perilous," he offers something of a sad chuckle, "Amputees as we are, it seems unfitting that we have chosen to be on the frontlines as warriors."

He stiffens his neck and glares at her upon the pointed remark about not turning back at this stage in the game. He knows he is past the point of return now that he has experienced the power that is his own, but he certainly doesn't like being reminded of it. Nevertheless, he offers no rebuttal; only acceptance, however begrudging it may be. Indeed, he would not appreciate having his mind probed at all, but untrained as he is, what could he do about it? Any defense he makes would be purely accidental.

"So what happens now?" he asks, cutting to the chase and doing nothing to hide his impatience, "How long does this unwanted side effect fatigue last before I am able to try a second attempt with this power?"

7. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis chuckled bitterly in response. "I suppose our fate is to die warriors -- probably die in battle, too...unless we die while being reconstructed for the upteenth time." She grinned, but it was not a grin of happiness or humor. Rather, it was a grin of full acceptance, as if they had known for all eternity what fate had in store for them, and it was just so damned amusing to watch it actually happen. The grin faded. "Yet...have we not been made better warriors?" It was more a rhetorical question than anything else; Reiis was fairly certain they both agreed on that point, at least to some extent.

She shrugged. "Now? Well..." She paused, walking a short distance away to EV-A4-D. "Here, please hold this. I won't be needing it right now." She turned, walking back so that she stood a few meters from her friend again. "Now, you will concentrate. Concentrate on the flow of the Force around you. It will stem the fatigue after you tap into it. After you reach that calm, I want you to try the Sever again. Just for, like, five seconds. And then let up. Ready?"

8. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    "Heaven forbid," Grievance chuckles scornfully at the idea of dying in surgery/repair, "That is too humiliating. I would rather die on the front, be is swift or slow. Dying in an infirmary is not my chosen way to go." He becomes sober as Reiis points out that it has made them into better warriors. He cannot disagree. Every hardship and trial has made him that much more determined to live and to conquer. "Indeed. We are destined to be under fire until our hearts beat no more and we breathe our last. It is our lot in life."

Like Reiis, he fully accepts what he knows--even wants--to be his fate; to go down fighting valiantly and take several unfortunates down with him. His eyes shift to A4-D as Reiis gives the lig sword to the droid and requests that he look after it for the time being. He already knows from this that she is going to ask him to activate the Sever Force again, but he says nothing. He only listens for instructions and responds with a single, somewhat hesitant nod when they are given.

"Concentrate on the flow of the Force around you."

He's not entirely sure he grasps this and really feels like he's taking shots in the dark, but he tries, sifting through several different things in his mind just to see if anything changes. At first, all he can focus on is the exhaustion and how overpowering it is; the type of exhaustion that is downright nauseating to where the thought of collapsing is one of utmost relief. That only seems to weigh him down more, so he changes gears to focus on how much better it would be if he had never exhausted himself in the first place; to be at the peak of strength and stamina. This seems to make a slow but steady difference as he gradually finds the strength to raise his head and straighten his posture.

He appears to have "spaced out" where expression is concerned, eyes glazed and staring blankly as though seeing beyond what is physically visible. His eyes eventually fall shut and his shoulders rise with the intake of a deep breath. He then opens his eyes again and locks his gaze on Reiis, not with anger or hatred of any kind, but a gaze of intense, unwavering focus like the eyes of a sniper. Another deep breath. For a fleeting moment, his eyes betray remorse as though he is sorry for what he is about to do. Slowly he raises a skeletal hand and closes it into a fist, drawing it toward himself as though pulling a shut-off valve. He can feel something well up inside him and swiftly exit, targeting Reiis.

9. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis braces herself as her friend begins to concentrate. At first, she feels him struggle...trying to find the best way to think about it. As Reiis had hoped and suspected, it doesn't take him nearly as long this time. She can feel he has reached it, and sees him open his eyes, with her as the target. And then...something else. Remorse?

If it had been done more slowly, it would have felt like a steam of water gradually slowing into nothingness. Reiis was given no such graduated feeling. The flow of the Force was cut off as abruptly as a swift blow from a lightsaber. It was less shocking, but it was no less disturbing as the world went dark again and she was rendered blind. Not literally of course -- she had excellent vision and her hearing was intact. But everything was so.....limited.

She'd probably find it easier to see if she opened her eyes.

Which she did, slowly, as if the moonlight was going to zap her blind. It didn't, luckily, and Reiis soon opened her eyes completely and stood still out of sheer willpower. She opened her mouth to yell at him to let up when she noticed something. It was quiet. Not quiet as in low background noise quiet, but absolutely quiet. The only thing she could hear were her own thoughts.

And to an introvert like Reiis, this was great! She didn't have to listen to people's feelings...their thoughts....their plans. All the noise....was her own noise. It was blissful. In fact, she was enjoying it so much she didn't mind as much how blind she felt. She stood up straight and looked around, and it was then another thought occurred to her.

She was alone -- alone in her abilities and her own confidence in them. It was a frightening thought, and Reiis realized that was true courage. To be completely within yourself, with no outside intervention (and yes, the Force could be outside) was to be alone. And to fight alone...to be a warrior alone...was truly a great thing. Reiis looked at Grievance now, fully understanding what she had been missing in her training. The Force would not always be there, but that didn't have to stop her.

She walked to EV-A4-D, taking the sword before looking back at her friend.

"I want to do this. I really do."

TAG : Kaleesh-Cyborg

10. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    It would seem this bit of training is like swapping worlds; Grievance's Force-less way of life for Reiis's Force-enhanced one. For the Kaleesh, the power emanating from him and separating his friend from the Force is exhilarating; the rush of power addicting. He had been expecting Reiis to freak out again, but she had been ready for it this time and instead of panicking, she seems almost pleased at being free from the Force. No. This can't be right. Reiis holds the Force as arguably the greatest treasure she has. She would never be outright pleased with this. Then it happens.

All at once, Grievance is bombarded by thoughts and feelings that are not his own. He knows they belong to Reiis and his first suspicions are confirmed; she is experiencing a sense of freedom and enjoying it. At the same time, he feels like he is crossing a sacred line. Thoughts of others are none of his business any more than his are theirs, but he can't seem to back out of it. He cannot deafen himself to the thoughts and feelings of his friend and he feels like he is trespassing. His mind scrambling, he tries to make his thoughts louder than hers, but that just creates a jumbled mess worse than the ringing he gets in his ears.

Focus, Vexx, he silently commands himself, You must not get overwhelmed. This is no different than the sounds of artillery. Intense. Maddening. Confusing. You are not shaken by any of that and neither shall you be shaken by this.

"Don't hurt him too much," the droid cautions Reiis as he lets her take Grievance's loaned sword, "I am actually quite proud of him letting you take him this far. Do you know how many years I have been trying to convince him to do this?"

Lifting his gaze to focus on Reiis as she arms herself, the cyborg feels his strength take a sudden drop, causing him to stagger as though struck from above, but he maintains his extension through the Force. Seeing that Reiis intends to fight with a weapon and no Force at all makes him want to meet the challenge with traditional sparring, but he isn't sure if this is what Reiis wants him to do. Instead, he watches her, the look in his eyes asking for direction as he holds onto the Force Sever.

11. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

"I won't," Reiis promised the droid as he gave her the sword.

But Grievance does not make a move to fight, which Reiis hadn't expected. With the Force, she felt he'd be more than willing to spar, especially seeing as she was the one who was "impaired." She opened her mouth to speak, but a sudden wave of exhaustion hit. Fearing this means she has let the Sever continue too long, she spoke to him not to fight her, but to release his grasp on her connection to the Force. "Please let go now," she asked, a little bit of panic leaking through her composure.

She had wanted to fight, truly, but those thoughts were behind her as she began to worry if she had lost a significant amount of her ability with the Force...or Force-forbid she lost it completely. Reiis waited in anxious expectation for the blast that was to come from the Force when he released the Sever. Grievance would be able to feel a rising panic in the smaller cyborg as Reiis's mind filled with thoughts of never being able to use the Force. She wouldn't die, no, but what kind of existence would that be?! Reiis has always had it with her, and now she was about to see if that reality was no more.

12. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    His strength still plummeting, Grievance continues to watch Reiis intently, sensing her escalating fear and feeling his own blending with it simply because fear is so foreign to him. To feel it so intensely and experience it to this degree is completely strange and admittedly frightening to him. He hears her strained voice pleading with him to let go. What panics him more is that he isn't sure that he can comply. He doesn't understand the physics behind this power and what will happen if he should find he cannot pull back? Had Reiis not been cut off from the Force, she would have found that his thoughts echo her own.

He wants to tell her that he is trying to let go, but somehow he cannot find the capacity to speak. He knows how he managed to get here now; much of it is controlled by thought, by the mind. By visualizing what he wants to do. He gets that much. Perhaps if he does the same thing he did to get here, he can relinquish his block on Reiis's power. Looking down, he focuses on his closed hand. Slowly, he relaxes his grip, pantomiming the act of letting go, so to speak. As he does this, he thinks about falling back in combat. Not necessarily retreating--he hates that word--but more of a pulling back to regroup.

Suddenly, he feels a massive release and with it the relief of silence. At the same time, he feels as though a Force-drain has taken place. The mighty cyborg towering over seven feet in height suddenly drops like a stone, hitting the ground with an earth-shaking clang of metal upon stone. He has absolutely nothing left. If Reiis wanted to do it and had the strength to, she could kill him right here and now with very little effort on her part. Who could have guessed that a being of such little organic matter could possess a strength in the Force that is this powerful? Grievance himself certainly would never have guessed it.

13. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Unable to actually sense his feelings, Reiis isn't sure if the look on his face is truly panic. Human intuition tells her it is, but it is not her primary concern.

If she was panicked before it's worse now -- does he know how to stop it? Reiis is already far past the point where she thinks it's doing permanent damage, and the thought. He releases his grip and...

And what? Reiis feels nothing...absolutely nothing. Grievance dropped to the ground, exhausted and looking quite dead. For a moment, Reiis sees but doesn't notice. The Force, though Grievance has released his hold, hasn't returned to her! Her mind starts closing around her, fear driving her further and further into a panic. But when Grievance doesn't get up, something clicks in Reiis, though it isn't the Force. Almost forgetting her own plight, she rushes to her collapses friend, truly worried he's dead now but unable to sense his life force.

"Grievance?!?!," she almost yells, trying to push him over on his back. Ah....how she had taken the Force for granted! Her cyborg counterpart is far too heavy for Reiis to push without aid, though she keeps trying, even pushing backwards with her back in vain. Giving up on this, she turns his cyborg head to look into his droopy eyes. Dead or exhausted? She can't tell. "Grievance!!!," she yells again before turning to his droid. "A4-D, quick! What's wrong with him?"

Reiis is much too concerned to notice the Force hasn't returned to her.

14. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    OOC- Ooh. Is that a plot twist I smell?

IC- Only aware of the slow and lagging sound of his own heartbeat at the moment, Grievance can barely register what has happened. His eyes are closed and his body is little more than a pile of scrap metal; dead weight without a trace of life despite the slow and shallow breaths that barely whisper through his respirator. Reiis's attempts to turn him over are barely noticed. He is only aware that he has heard his name and can't find the strength to respond.

EV-A4-D had watched in stunned silence as his master, the son of his former master, had conducted an exercise within the Force that caused his circuits to shudder. Though the droid is in no way sensitive to the Force, even he can see that the once rock-solid resistant cyborg is a living catalyst of power. He isn't terribly alarmed by the collapse of the metal monstrosity, but he is concerned. Knowledgeable in mechanics and organic medicine and surgery, he is aware of some of the side effects to using the Force. He is reassured that Grievance is still alive simply because he has constant surveillance on the Kaleesh warrior's vitals.

"Oh, you're going to give yourself a hernia! He's fine," he replies, though his voice sounds fretfully he totters over to his master's side, "He's best left like that anyway. It's easier for him to get back on his feet. I have tracking on his vitals and it would seem he just reached a point of sheer exhaustion. His blood pressure bottomed out a bit, but it's not life-threatening. He will be all right once he recovers."

Despite his reassurance, the droid does a few things to check on Grievance, including pulling one of his eyelids up and shining a light in his eye. He mutters something under his breath and uses whatever utilities he has to process breathing and heart rhythm. After a moment, he turns back to Reiis.

"What about you?" he asks, gesturing toward her, "I know there was some kind of unseen thing going on here, but I'm just a droid. I have no idea what you got him to do. It seems like it was affecting you though."

15. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis only partially calms when the droid assures her Grievance is fine, and she ceases her efforts to push him over. Not knowing what else to do, Reiis sat silently with her metal legs folded under her as the droid inspected her friend. She hung her head, looking dejected and feeling stupid for letting her friend exert himself so much. She resolved, then and there, to never push him harder than he wanted to go. Never. It wasn't worth this.

She was pulled from her thoughts when the droid inquired into her condition. "Oh, um...I'm fine. It's just...the Force." Her mind returned to the fact that she still couldn't sense anything, and she felt unusually weary. Had she really been so dependent on the Force...even just to live? "The Force is an energy field that surrounds and connects all living being..." She trailed off "But it's gone. It's gone in me."

The full weight of this reality was just beginning to sink in. If the Force wasn't available for her to use....then what was she? Certainly not Sith........not Sith? After all these years, she'd be stripped of any identity as a Dark-sider because of the events that occurred during this single day? She couldn't fight without the Force, not with this body she lived in. Reiis would have been crushed ten times over had the Force not aided her. What would she be now? How stupid of her. How arrogant. How foolish. And now, after everything, she was left with nothing.

OOC: :D

16. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    EV-A4-D is rarely ever kind or compassionate. Dealing with a gruff cyborg day after day, he really doesn't need to be, but on certain occasions, he has been known to be a comfort to the beast known as Grievance Vexx. In this instance, he tries to extend compassion to Reiis because he has seen firsthand the alliance between her and his master. No one has ever persuaded Grievance to even try using his gift, yet she has, which testifies to the fact that the younger Sith has gained the Kaleesh warrior's trust.

"I'm sure he's not feeling anything either at the moment," he replies, giving a light kick to the unresponsive cyborg at his feet with a resounding clank of metal on metal, "Maybe it has an exhausting effect both ways. Or maybe it won't return to you until he wakes up. Maybe he spent himself before he could fully let go."

It seems like a plausible theory to the droid and it is a theory that is apparently worth testing as A4-D turns to Grievance and tries to call him back to consciousness, shining an especially bright light in his face and prying his eyelids open again. Aggravated but terribly groggy, Grievance snarls and jerks his head away, swatting blindly at the droid, but even that lacks the strength it would have under normal circumstances. He starts to raise himself up on his arms, but only gets halfway before lack of energy forces him to lie back down. Tired reptilian eyes turn toward Reiis as a soft growl of warning is directed at the droid.

"Are you all right?" he asks, his rumbling voice quiet and somewhat breathless, "I focused on releasing you. Did it work?"

17. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis winces as the droid kicks the cyborg, though she knows quite well it didn't hurt him. "Yes..." she responded slowly. "It would have exhausted him, too." It was then she realized that her energy, too, was spent, but it wasn't important enough at the moment to deal with. Not that she could, anyway. Her eternal source of energy and stamina was closed off to her, and she had yet to see if that was permanent. She listened, not responding, as the droid suggested several explanations for her lack of Force sensitivity. For a droid, he certainly seemed to understand the Force well enough to make logical suggestions; indeed, his ideas were plausible. But Reiis opted to remain in a sort of numb denial, unwilling to hope and not capable to accepting the loss.

Yet as her friend awakens, defeat isn't so easy to ignore.

Reiis peers at him sadly as he opens his eyes and turns to look at her. "Are you all right? I focused on releasing you. Did it work?" She stared at him for several, long moments. What would she tell him...that she was fine, and just ignore the rest? He had been right, that much was painfully clear now. She couldn't lie, could she? Would he believe her? All she managed was a hoarse whisper.

"No."

OOC: Sorry this took so long. I've been burned out lately.

18. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Unbeknownst to Grievance, A4-D knows quite a bit about the Force. After learning that his master possessed the power, the droid had collected various sources of data with which to educate himself, believing it necessary if Grievance ever decided to use his power and need future care and repair. He might as well know what could go wrong from a medical and mechanical perspective if he has to work with a Force-sensitive patient, right?

As for the cyborg, it's plain to see that he wants to get up; return to business as usual, but he just can't find the energy for it. The lack of strength is physically nauseating to him and to feel this helpless fills him with indignation that he lacks the energy to act upon. His eyes widen as Reiis answers him with a single word that falls like a stone. No. It hadn't worked. Despite how hard he had tried to dissipate his own power and give back to Reiis what was hers to begin with, he has failed.

"What? Are you absolutely certain?" he asks, a sense of panic giving him enough strength to lurch unsteadily to his feet for a brief moment before falling to his hands and knees, "It cannot be permanent. I will not allow it. You must have back what is yours."

Failing to understand or even consider that he is far weaker now than he was before, the Kaleesh closes his eyes and focuses everything he has into relinquishing whatever hold he still seems to have. Perhaps he hadn't been focusing properly or trying hard enough to withdraw the Sever. Maybe he will trigger the right response if he gives it another, more intense shot. Maybe...

OOC- No worries. Although you are getting me worried about Reiis a bit here. 0_o

19. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis almost moves forward to help her stumbling friend stand still, but the realization that she'd be crushed if he fell on her gave her pause. She nodded silently, trying but starting to fail in her attempts to maintain the unfeeling denial. Cringing sadly as he declares that he will "not allow it," Reiis shakes her head. "There's nothing you can do. You released it, but it didn't return."

And now she had to explain to him that she already knew this might happen.

"Sometimes...Force Sever can be permanent." She cringed, bracing for her friend's anger. "Actually, I think that's how it's used most often..." Part of Reiis felt hurt and betrayed -- as odd as that may sound -- that the Force didn't return to her. She had certainly been an avid, loyal, and strong user of the Force, at least for her level of training. Had she been so unworthy that it didn't want to come back. As irrational as the thought may have been, it haunted Reiis as she contemplated her future.

OOC: *smiles innocently* [face_batting] Don't worry. :)

20. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    An involuntary growl escapes Grievance as he remains on all fours, hearing Reiis's words but refusing to accept them. He is barely a beginner at this Force stuff! How could he possibly be powerful enough to impose a permanent block on her abilities? He wants to roar; vocalize his rage. He shouldn't have allowed her to persuade him to do this! At one time, he would have loved nothing more than to rob Reiis Invadator of her obnoxious powers, but things are vastly different now. She is his friend and harming a friend is unfathomable to him. It is a cruel betrayal in his culture. All he wants now is to undo the damage.

His eyes remain tightly clenched as he tries to visualize every concept of release possible; unbinding something, opening a cage, retracting talons. His mind rifles through all of this imagery, trying to bend the Force to his will. He cannot accept the possibility that he may have permanently crippled his friend. For all his effort, the cyborg only manages to exhaust himself again and finally has to give up. He hasn't the energy to fight with his own power any longer. Instead, his logical mind engages, trying to apply logic to the way the Force works.

"This is equal to wounding you, yes?" he asks, speaking of the Sever's effects, "How do you heal a Force wound? Do you know? Perhaps I could try that and it would return to you."

His breathing comes as though he has been running for miles, but the determination in his eyes seems to override his weariness as he looks at Reiis; an apologetic look combined with an inner iron will to make it right.

OOC- *worries anyway*

21. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Now, on top of being scared that she can't feel the Force, Reiis feels pretty damn guilty. Grievance obvious feels regret and pain for what he has done....even if he can't help it, and it hurts Reiis to watch it. Her guilt deepens as he tries once again to release the grip. He's released it alright, but it hasn't returned.

"It's not you," she said, finally. "And I don't know if it's a wound. I don't think so. The connection is severed. That is all I know." She rested her thumbs on her belt, keeping the sword firmly in the grip of her remaining four fingers as she closed her eyes and lowered her head in thought and weariness. Now she really wasn't aware of her surroundings. She opened her eyes again, but did not move otherwise.

"I need...." she began. "I need to learn." Reiis sighed with unwilling acceptance. "I need to learn to cope with this, and how to fight without the Force." She looked up, her expression, though covered, pleading for help. "Can you help me?"

In any other circumstance, pride would have gotten in the way of her asking so desperately for help. But, with nothing left to support her once-lofty pride, Reiis was quite glad she had a friend.

22. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    A muttered curse in Kaleesh escapes the cyborg as he scowls and jerks his head to the side in anger. Not at Reiis, but at his own weakness for having allowed himself to be persuaded. Deep down, he knew something regrettable could come from all of this. His instinct hadn't been too far off.

"I was afraid some irreversible damage could be done in toying with that cursed power," he growls, "And I cannot fix what I cannot see or understand and it's ticking me off!"

Though worn out from wrestling an invisible power, Grievance's frustration leads him to pace, clenching his fists at his sides in barely contained rage. He does not like feeling helpless and not being able to undo the damage he has unwittingly done is making him feel almost as helpless as he had at the hands of the man who had transformed him. The feral nature of the aggravated Kaleesh is beginning to surface when Reiis gives him pause in requesting his help. His tromping to and fro ceases and his hardened eyes of fury soften ever so slightly.

"Of course I can," his voice rumbles softly, "So...you truly have never fought without it before? You are in luck, Reiis Invadator. I know well how to fight and survive without it--and come out victorious. It is not easy. Especially when you find yourself up against an opponent who leans heavily on the Force. I do not know what you have been taught up until now, but not forsaking whatever lightsaber training you have, you must put all Force-related training out of your mind. It will only bind and distract you at this point. Now...what is your preferred lightsaber form?"

23. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

She flinches as he begins to pace, fully expecting him to explode with anger any minute now at her for being so reckless. Instead, he seems more frustrated at his inability to fix it. But his whole demeanor seems to soften when she asks for his help.

"No...saber training was always taught with the Force. It was just our way of fighting. I've never known anything else." The void of the unknown seemed to sprawl out in front of Reiis, making it seem far more daunting what she was about to try. Yet, she persisted. "I don't know if I can, considering my stature, but most of my limbs are prosthetics so I should be able to do something." Was she offering information or asking for reassurance? Probably the latter.

"I will do my best," she promised. Holding out the sword and giving it a few experimental swings, she tried to push back the defeating thoughts. "Djem So. I've never really taken to another form -- I like the aggression and force involved, but I don't know if I can do that now." Another pause as she work up the courage to continue. "But I want to try."

Tentatively, as if she'd fall over without the Force, Reiis extended her left foot forward, crouching slightly with the blade over her head in her customized Djem So opening. "I want to do this. I don't want to fail."

24. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Though it is seldom seen or sensed within the living encasement of hydraulics and steel, Grievance is capable of empathy and even compassion. Being a war machine designed tonight and to kill, he rarely finds cause to let himself feel these things, but it comes naturally when witnessing the dilemma of one he has accepted as a friend. He can't adequately fathom what it must be like to go from being endowed with the Force to whatever emptiness Reiis is experiencing now, but he tries. To some extent, it must be as frightening and despairing as the loss of his own organic body so many years ago. That is the closest he can come to imagining what this must be like for the smaller cyborg. She has lost much already and it troubles him to no end that she has lost something more in her innocent efforts to make him more efficient. If he cannot return it to her, he is indebted to do something to repay the faith she had placed in him.

"Saber training can be just as deadly without it," he assures her confidently, "The saber is merely an extension of yourself--Force or not. I can help you maximize your defenses. You will have to focus on that aspect of combat more than anything without the Force. It is how I have survived the fights I have engaged. You must familiarize yourself with Makashi. I will swear by it. You can conserve your own energy while forcing your opponent to waste theirs."

He steps back and draws a single blade, the White Death lightsaber, and ignites its glacier-white plasma. He demonstrates a Makashi flourish in response to Djem So, slicing a rapid X in the air in front of him. He really hasn't engaged Reiis in this form since they had first locked blades. He had mostly antagonized her to attack and simply defended accordingly without adhering to any one form. Now he is about to show her his more formal fighting style. Not bothering to draw an attack out of her, he is out to test what she knows about defense and so he moves in directly, aiming several thrusts toward her but feinting short of actually striking. After three or four feints, he attempts a legitimate strike.

25. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis wondered if she sees empathy, maybe even pity, in her friend's eyes. She doesn't -- cannot -- know, not without the Force, and the reality of that wears her down even more. The world is so empty and quiet now. It's like standing in a room, and you know there are people beyond the walls. You used to be able to hear them, but now you can't. Your brain starts hearing things, because it knows something should be there, and it has to hear something, even if that sound is one that it creates itself. And likewise, the same was happening to Reiis.

She listened carefully as Grievance instructs her. Even after so many years of training with a saber, she takes all that he says in with the nervousness of someone doing it for the first time. She nodded. She wasn't very familiar with Makashi, but she recognized the need to conserve her energy. That would be her new strategy. She told herself it wasn't a step down...it was just a new way of doing things. Truly believing this, however, would take much longer.

Grievance advanced. Reiis was able to recognize a more formal style of fighting, much unlike what they had been doing. She remained in the Djem So stance...for now. She sprung up, much sooner than she normally would have if the Force had been aiding her, angling the cortosis blade to block his blows. But no sound came from the impact of the blades as his moves were thus far feints.

Reiis' brain decided it was too quiet.

She felt a "tremor" to the left, and without thinking, Reiis swung in that direction, though her eyes could have told her nothing was there. Greivance's blade made contact -- with her right arm. Sparks flew, and the faint sizzle of burnt armorweave could be heard. Without strength from the Force, Reiis tumbled forward, catching herself before a complete fall. She whirled around, suddenly feeling surrounded. Again, false.

Briefly surveying her arm and finding no permanent damage, Reiis braced her mind against itself. "No", she told herself. "There's nothing here. Stop misfiring, dammit." She advanced now, determined to not undo her own efforts. Unwilling to yet try a form she knew nothing about, Reiis took a swipe at Grievance before falling back into Soresu. If there was a lightsaber form that wore about even the most energetic users, it was Soresu. And Reiis was about to see if it worked.