main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Beyond The Seventh Move...[post-KoD Rancor Pit tournament]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Kaleesh-Cyborg, May 22, 2017.

1. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Slipping easily into the grace that the Makashi form offers, Grievance moves with streamlined precision and a light-footed way of going that he has not displayed in combat with Reiis up until now. As heavy as he is, the way he moves gives the illusion that he weighs little more than a feather. This is all without the Force and solely based on his own training and practice. There's no telling how much the Force could enhance what he already can do.

He becomes slightly confused when Reiis suddenly becomes distracted by something he cannot see. It's almost like watching someone swat frantically at a gnat. He briefly glances toward the direction in which she had struck, then looks back with a "what the hell?" sort of expression. The next thing he knows, he has struck her arm and she tumbles forward. It is then that he realizes that Reiis truly has never fought in her own strength before. He finds this to be a tragic thing to witness. She is a warrior and things should not be this way. Perhaps it is to her betterment that she is without the Force right now after all.

"You don't typically fight defensively, do you?" he asks, trying to divert the idea that she isn't fairing so well because she doesn't have the Force. If she focuses on only that, she will remain crippled. He has to make her focus on an issue that she can actually fix. He chuckles menacingly. "Now would be a good time to start."

Sidestepping her swipe, he is pleased when she transitions into Soresu, another form he relies on from time to time. But he tries to push her to the defensive, becoming more aggressive in his thrusts and moving with speed and precision with which she may find herself hard-pressed to keep up. Strike, backpedal, double strike, backpedal again, thrust. He differentiates the pattern as he goes, never faltering in speed as he tries to set the tone for her to adopt a defensive mentality. She should be just as good a fighter without the Force as she is with it.

Tag: Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  2. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator

Fighting Grievance is like fighting a ghost -- until he hits you. Reiis taken aback by his seemingly weightlessness, his grace lending almost complete silence to his movements as he strikes repeatedly and she tries to parry. She has manged to keep up so far, but it is slower and more physically exhausting than with the Force. No longer are blindingly fast moves impossible, at least not if the part she was trying to move wasn't cybernetic. At least she still had that, she supposed. It wasn't much consolation.

"You don't typically fight defensively, do you? Now would be a good time to start," he taunts. But Reiis knows the problem is her "senses" misfiring, and she's pretty sure he knows that too. Still, he words incite her competitive anger, and she pushes herself to fight faster and smarter. She dodges and parries, keeping in time but not wasting a gesture as his sabers and the cortosis blade flashed in the moonlight. It seems the brutal physical training paid off after all.

Reiis hopped to the side, missing a downward blow and bringing the blade in an offensive response. She kept up, dodging and blocking, but throwing strikes in, too. No, the Force was not with her, but she was with herself. And maybe...just perhaps...that's what it was supposed to be about anyway. Reiis leaped in a rolling dive to miss another blow -- she was going faster now and was actually beginning to get an adrenaline rush from the fight. She spun, jabbed, parried, moving with almost as much fluidity as her friend as they both danced the dueling dance they both had trained so long for. The old patterns took hold, and Reiis fell into a more aggressive style, striking more as she advanced upon her friend. Without even thinking, she reached out her hand to "Force Push" her friend, belatedly realizing it wouldn't work. Her back spasmed abruptly, almost sending her off her balance. She threw out a foot to catch herself, but another full-body spasm sent her to the ground as her muscles twitched and tensed so much she thought they'd all cramp into a lock.

A bright light filled her vision and her physical self was quickly forgotten. It filled the room in her mind, burning and bursting outward as if she were a supernova exploding into the dark reaches of space. She couldn't feel it, but she was locked in a catatonic freeze, trembling as her muscles tried to keep up with what was happening to her brain. It was all....

All was Darkness.

TAG: Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  3. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance keeps up his flurry of speed and unlikely grace despite Reiis's struggle to keep up at first. He is determined to pull her away from her reliance on the Force; determined to help her find the fierceness that comes from her own spirit. He is not disappointed and a pleased chuckle rumbles in his chest as she finds her fighting spirit and forces him to back off, falling back on the defensive himself as she takes the offensive.

He can tell his taunt has served its purpose as she pushes him back further, bracing himself when she raises her hand to employ the Force. He's been pushed so many times by her now that his reflexes are almost trained to ready himself for a variety of Force attacks whenever she makes any type of reach or gesture with her free hand. He anchors his talons and lowers himself to a semi-crouched posture, weapons crossed in front of his chest and turning one of his broad shoulders to take whatever punishment might come.

Of course, nothing comes. Just an empty gesture that puts out no Force energy. He looks to Reiis in a confused way, having momentarily forgotten that he himself has cut her off from using the Force, but he remembers upon making eye contact and that barely traceable look of remorse passes over the eyes behind the mask like a silent shadow. Confusion returns, however, when Reiis suddenly hits the ground in what almost looks like a seizure. Sheathing his weapons, the cyborg, concerned, moves to her side.

"Invadator?" he asks, placing a clawed metal hand on her shoulder, "What is wrong with you? Can you hear me?"

4. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

No.

She couldn't hear him, not that she would have been able to respond. But the noise and the touch on her shoulder stirred her mind to awaken. Her mind awakened, her nerves awakened, and.....

The Force Awakened.

The world around Reiis spoke to her with sharp focus, whispering its nuances and secrets in her ear. It helped her as she sad and stood up -- she felt the difference acutely. She listening, hearing everything. She closed her eyes, yet still saw everything. Carefully, as if it would bite her, Reiis lowered her hand to the ground gently, resting it upon the dirt as if trying to feel something. It was alive, it seemed, alive in the sense that when she touched it, it spoke. She stood up again, taking in everything like someone lost in the desert for days and just tasting water again.

There was a wall..not a necessary wall -- the spectators what occupied it were long gone. Reiis reached out...it was like she could feel it.

Then she closed her fist, and crushed the wall.

Life might not be so bad, after all.

OOC: See what I did there? :p

5. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Curious and concerned, the cyborg backs away as Reiis comes back to her senses--more than he knows--and seems to embrace the environment like a diver deprived of air to the brink of death. He only watches in silence as she seems to be seeing and feeling the world for the first time. It is a strange thing to witness and it leaves him feeling a bit uneasy as he backs away another step or two.

"Did you break her again?" EV-A4-D demands as he totters over to where his two "patients" are, circling Reiis and observing her, "Master, you are far too rough. Honestly, you either scare your friends away or you break them and I'm getting tired of cleaning up your messes."

Grievance turns narrowed eyes to the droid, silently daring him to say one more word. His Kaleesh temper is fast reach its limit as A4-D reprimands him as though this strange phenomenon is all his fault. In a way, it kind of is. After all, he is the one responsible for blocking Reiis from the Force in the first place.

"Invadator?" he asks again, "What is going on? You're acting like you're..." he glances warily at his medical droid, "...broken..."

OOC- Not entirely sure, but I like it.

6. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis barely noticed EV-A4-D as he spoke to Grievance, even though he was very close and circling. She already knew they were there, and there was so much....so so much... to see and feel that her brain didn't pause to contemplate what it already knew. She looked around, as if now she needed to make sure she could see what she felt. And yes, the arena was empty except for the three of them, it was quite dark, and it was very quiet. Part of her mind heard Grievance speaking, but it did not focus on that part just yet.

A mental tap on her shoulder and a small whisper told her that someone wanted to know what was going on. Reiis paused from looking around to listen, nodded to the invisible presence, and turn to Grievance. It was odd now, for some reason. It was almost as if she was looking at Grievance 2.0. Because not only now did she see him, but she was also picking up on his feelings -- his confusion and wariness became very apparent to her.

"It's back," she stated. Even her own words felt loaded with input from the Force. "It's back." Her brain slowly began to absorb all the new sensory input, but it was still a lot to take it. She paused before continuing. "I'm fine, I'm....more than fine. It's just..." How oddly hard it was to put things into simple words when there was so much more. "I feel....everything. And it's...it's great. I don't know what happened. Did you do that? Thank you." She looked at her friend, a renewed sense of hope and power growing. "It's wonderful to feel again."

7. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    His piercing eyes fixed on Reiis, it feels like an eternity before she answers him. Grievance blinks in surprise when she finally responds and tells him that "it" is back. He doesn't have to question what "it" is either. He knows she means the Force. And let it be said that at the moment, the gruff, battle-hardened, Force-hating cyborg is actually feeling mixed emotions about the news.

"I told you I didn't break her," he grumbles at his droid, drawing back his arm as though he might backhand A4-D.

"No, you didn't," the droid replies, "You just glared and said nothing, just like you always do when you know I might be right. And go ahead and hit me; I dare you. Just remember, I know all the quickest ways to shut you down and confine you to a bacta tank."

Diffused by the threat, Grievance lets his hand drop harmlessly at his side and scowls angrily, but refrains from any further argument with the droid and instead turns his attention to what Reiis is saying. She feels everything? It's wonderful to feel again? What sort of feeling is she talking about? It stirs his curiosity more than anything. He has lived over a decade deprived of the ability to feel almost anything at all, save the occasional agony of an injury that connects with the pain receptors in what remains of his central nervous system.

"You can feel through this power?" he asks, stepping closer, "How so? Is it like the sense of touch or perhaps the way it feels to be fully alive?" He pauses as she thanks him. As far as he knows, he hasn't done anything at all to set her free. "I...didn't do that. I am not sure why it returned. I did nothing consciously..."

8. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis continued her blithe musings of her environment, almost wholly unaware of what Grievance and A4-D were talking about. She could hear them, of course, she just wasn't paying attention. She turned her head up to the night sky, taking in everything it had to tell her about...well....everything. It was wonderful. Belatedly, A4-D's sarcastic response sunk in, prompting a distracted little laugh as Reiis peered questioningly into the sky.

She sure looked pretty broken.

But another shoulder tap from the Force brought Reiis back down to the planet on which her feet rested, and she turned towards her friend once again. "Yes, it tells me things -- everything. Well, not everything, but I can feel and learn a lot just by letting the Force talk to me. It's always telling me something. I just have to listen." She glanced back up, pausing there for a moment to contemplate what she was feeling. "Not words, really," she continued, still looking up. "Just...thoughts...feelings." She lowered her gaze back toward her friend, who had stepped closer now, not so wary anymore. "You will learn it too." Reiis frowns as he admits he did nothing to return the Force to her. "Interesting."

And that was all she said. As the minutes passes, Reiis became more and more accustomed to her "old newfound' abilities, and didn't look so spacy. It was as if she had half of her brain removed, and suddenly someone put it back in -- all kinds of confusing.

She couldn't wait to use it.

9. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    As Reiis tries to put into words what it is like to "feel" with the Force, Grievance becomes confused again. Is it feeling? No, apparently it's hearing. No, it's seeing. No, it's...it's utterly confusing is what it is. He shakes his head and just decides to try not to overthink this. He has hopes of possibly feeling again in some way, but he simply can't hold on to that hope. Hope oftentimes can lead to paralysis and he doesn't like the idea of being paralyzed.

"It still eludes my understanding," he grumbles with a scowl, "And I do not see how I can effectively learn any of it."

Back inside his stubborn shell, Grievance is too confused to readily latch onto the idea that he can learn this. It exceeds beyond what his logical mind can riddle out. Whether he tries to or not, the Force automatically sets him to overthinking. He growls and stomps away, falling to his typical self-calming act of pacing.

"So what now?" he asks, never breaking stride in his constant back and forth motion, "Are you still going to refrain from using a crystal-powered weapon or has the return of your power changed your mind on that?"

10. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Part of Reiis -- now more fully aware -- knows she didn't explain the Force very well. He would have to see for himself to make up for Reiis' lack of verbal skills.

"No," she insisted. "You will learn, I am sure of it. I'm just not a very good teacher, is all." She frowned in contemplation as her friend paced. "I don't know what now....I don't want to try this again, but still..." She let her voice trail off. What would they do? Reiis was done playing with fire -- at least this type of fire -- but how would either of them learn? Reiis shook her head in defeat. "I don't know."

She was somewhat surprised his first question was about her choice of weaponry. "Oh, um...if you didn't mind, I rather like using the sword. But, you know what, I can probably fix my Darksaber now, seeing as I think I have this under control." She fumbled for the parts in her tunic. Reiis had grown rather fond of using the lightsaber-resistant blade, but it wasn't hers to use and she needed to reconnect with her abandoned saber. Laying the sword down gently, she began meditating on the broken hilt of her Darksaber, willing it to reform. "This shouldn't take long," she told Grievance.

11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Continuing to pace, hands clasped behind his back and eyes fixed on the ground, an involuntary growl escapes Grievance as Reiis assures him that he will gain understanding over time. He never has been very merciful on himself, wanting to learn things quickly and becoming frustrated with himself when concepts escape his understanding. He pauses as Reiis goes on to say that she may not be the best teacher of these things.

"Well...you do leave quite a few holes in your explanation of things," he mumbles, a smile almost audible in his tone, thereby taking any potential sting out of his words, "But at least you are not afraid to try, which automatically exempts you from failure--by Kaleesh standards anyway. Maybe not in the eyes of the Sith as they are lacking in mercy."

He nods slightly in understanding that she has become partial to the loaned lig sword. He has no qualms if she should choose to continue using it, actually glad that she would be interested in how to masterfully handle a Kaleesh weapon. Equally though, he is glad that she chooses to reassemble her darksaber. It has served her well and she should seek to continue to view it as a comrade.

"Should you choose again that you do not wish to use it," he says slowly, examining the hilt of one of his own blades, "You do not have to break it. You could just turn it over to me. I would be happy to add it to my collection."

Though it's not likely to be obliged, Grievance doesn't see the harm in "innocently" trying to obtain another crystal-powered weapon. One could definitely say he is his father's child. He tries to look innocent after the statement, eyes drifting skyward. He could easily add to this innocent act by whistling if he were capable, but then a thought occurs to him.

"The Force aids you in combat, yes?" he asks, "It guides the way you handle and conduct your blade? I wonder...could the Force lead you to fight as a Kaleesh when you wield the lig sword? Perhaps give you insight to the ancient ways?"

OOC- Sorry my response was delayed. Late night unloading a Uhaul and creativity keeled over and died on me. :p[/i]

12. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016

Reiis smiled back at his admittance of her failures at teaching, chuckling in painful recognition of his astute observation that the Sith didn't share the Kaleesh definition of failure. "Thanks. I wish the Dark Lord I had served had been Kaleesh," she responded, grinning.

And she couldn't help but laugh openly at his not-so-hidden attempt at adding her Darksaber to his collection. "No way!" she said. "It's not every day you find a black crystal in the caves of Ilum, much less a partially sentient crystal at that. I'll fight you for it." She waved the Darksaber in a playful dare, now completely fixed but as yet unignited in her palm.

Her solemnity returned as he asked his question. "That's...that's a good question. Um....I don't know. I think, if I really think about it and concentrate hard, that I probably could. Not well, though." She chuckled. "I could certainly try."

OOC: No worries :)

13. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    There is a hint of sadness in the Kaleesh warrior's eyes as Reiis speaks her thought of wishing the Sith Lord she had served had been one of his people. How he misses them. Though it has been years since he has seen Kalee or any of his own people, the homesickness is as profound as ever when he allows himself to feel it.

"A Kaleesh surely would not have been so brutal in the reprimand," he assures her, "Granted, some of us possess fiery tempers, but we would never resort to mutilating an underling or an ally. There is no honor in such things. Only cruelty."

His expression--what can be seen of it anyway--brightens a little as Reiis picks up on his "innocent" hinting. He wouldn't hesitate to take possession of her darksaber just because it's unique, especially if it would save it being destroyed again. He chuckles darkly as she playfully challenges him. While it is admittedly tempting, he refrains.

"No, I will just wait for you to decide to try breaking it again," he replies, "Then I will snatch it from harm and add it to my collection and put you through a few dozen rigorous duels to earn it back."

He nods solemnly as she uncertainly answers his question about the Force. He would like to see if it is possible, but he doesn't say it. He doesn't want to cause more trouble for her by giving her bad ideas with a potential to backfire as had happened when he experimented with his own power.

"It would definitely give you a different edge in hand to hand combat," he replies, "But you can also learn easily enough from someone who was trained from a young age the skill of wielding a lig sword."

14. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    IC: Reiis Invadator (final post)

There was a tremor, and it called to Reiis now. She did not know from where it came, or why, but it called nonetheless.

And so Reiis smiled, and set down the lig sword.

"You have taught me much, my friend, and for that I am grateful." She looked towards the horizon, where the sun was just beginning to rise. "It is time....time for me to leave. I sense a great future for you, and perhaps one day I'll be back to see it myself." Reiis would not be back.

With emotion welling in her voice, Reiis bowed to the Sith she respected most.

"May the Force be with you, my dearest friend."

And she was gone.

OOC: I just went ahead and wrapped it up. I'm sorry. I will miss this.

15. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance Vexx, a man of war who vowed never to allow himself to get too close to anyone who wasn't Kaleesh, suddenly realizes just how closely he had bonded with the other cyborg, Reiis Invadator. Her words fall like a stone; words he had not expected to hear. She is leaving? Why? Where will she go?

He cannot find the capacity to vocalize these questions. Somehow he knows their paths must part...and it's unlikely that they will ever see each other again. His mask cannot hide the liquified emotion glassing his eyes as she bows to him. As naturally as drawing a breath, he returns the gesture of respect.

"Likewise, you have taught me lessons I had been unwilling to learn," he replies, his rumbling voice steady, but soft, "May the road rise to meet you, may you be of swift mind and body in battle...and may the Force be with you as well, my friend. Farewell, Reiis Invadator. You will not be forgotten."

Reaching down to retrieve his loaned weapon returned, he stares at it for a moment before lifting his eyes to gaze into the harsh rising sun. Wherever she must go, he knows his friend will be all right and he will set forth to honor her faith in him by using what he has learned from her. With that thought in mind, the Kaleesh cyborg turns slowly away, exiting the arena and disappearing like the night in the face of the rising sun.

OOC- Admittedly got emotional here. This is rough. I'm going to miss this too.