main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Big Apple Con Nov. 18, 19, 20

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MasterSifo-Dyas, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Guest are Carrie Fisher, Ray Park and Daniel Logan.

AeroSith and the Death Star Repairmen were going to perform but Peter Tork's (of The Monkees) band is playing and he has specified in his contract that no other band can play. Funny, cause AeroSith is a comedy act not a band??

Anybody attending? --Billy

2. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    AeroSith is more of a band then the monkees were.

3. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    I beg to differ on that one.
    Anyway, got a link for this convention?

4. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'll be there probably alot with Danny. So find him and you'll find me :p

5. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    http://www.bigapplecon.com/

BIG APPLE CON NOV 18-19-20
    FRI ( 12PM-7PM) SAT (10AM-7PM) SUN (10AM-7PM)
    PENN PLAZA PAVILION
    401 7TH AVE AT 33RD ST, NY, NY
    ACROSS FROM MSG & PENN STATION

6. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    I walk by there every day to and from work, so maybe I'll leave early and check it out Friday. I was gonna leave early anyway since i have the fan film program at Westbury that night. Who knows--maybe I'll find some amazing fan film bootleg in the dealer room just hours before the show.

But I doubt it. :)

7. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Here is the press release

THE 10TH ANNUAL BIG APPLE NATIONAL CONVENTION

NOVEMBER 18-19-20 2005

A famous intergalactic princess, three boys from Hogwarts School for Wizards, a star pilot, a Sith Lord, and a rock & roll primate are coming to New York City on November 18, 19, and 20. The Big Apple Convention is holding it?s 10th Annual National Comic Book/Sci-Fi/Pop Culture Expo at the Penn Plaza Pavilion at 401 7th Ave & 33rd St that weekend!

Our guest of honor and biggest star of the show will be Carrie Fisher. Known for her role as Princess Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy, this daughter of celebrities, actress, and author is making her first East Coast convention appearance son Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 19 & 20. She will be signing autographs for the many fans anticipated to come.

To celebrate the opening weekend of the latest installment of the Harry Potter movie series, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, November 18, 19, and 20, Devon Murray (Seamus Finnigan), Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), and Jamie Waylett (Vincent Crabbe) will be present. This is a rare opportunity for fans to meet this many cast members from the popular movie series in New York City. They will be signing autographs and cheerfully greeting their fans all weekend.

Peter Tork of the popular made-for-TV rock band The Monkees will be present all three days. He will be performing live on Sunday, Nov. 20.

Other guests at the Expo include Ray Park (Star Wars, Ep. I), Daniel Logan (Star Wars, Ep. II), Richard Hatch (Battlestar Galactica), Debbie Rochon (Troma Films). Comic book writers and artists will be present from Marvel and DC comics stalwarts such as Neal Adams, Dick Giordano, Adam Hughes, Michael Kaluta, and Walter Simonson, to such underground/independent comic book creators as Harvey Pekar (of the award-winning movie ?American Splendor?), Dave Sim, Billy Tucci, Spain, and many, many more. Just an incredible lineup of great art / writers ever assembled at a Big Apple Convention. Many Independent comic book publishers will also be there promoting their latest works.

Part of the festivities at the Expo will include panel discussions with the celebrities and artists present. These Q & A sessions help to bring the guests closer to the fans, and are part of what draws so many people to these conventions.

A large component of the Expo is the dealer?s room, where hundreds of dealers will be selling and trading rare, valuable, and popular comics, from Golden To Silver Age, original artwork, movie props, rare and the hottest toys, memorabilia, videos, and much much more.

Independent films will be screened. ?How-to? classes regarding comic art and filmmaking are also planned.

There will also be the famous Big Apple Costume Contest on Saturday hosted by Captain Zorikh. This is looking to be the biggest National Expo ever!

The Big Apple Convention is located at the Penn Plaza Pavilion, at 401 7th Ave and 33rd St, right across the street from Penn Station in New York City. Tickets are $15 per day or $40 for all three days (with early admission on Friday).

For tickets, directions, and further information, go to http://www.bigapplecon.com, send e-mail inquiries to thebigapplecon@yahoo.com, or call 201-865-3288.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.