main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Big Apple Con NYC

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We made it!

We're in Newark, NJ right now and looking forward to attending Big Apple Con (www.bigapplecon.com) tomorrow (as soon as we can get Connor to settle down and let us sleep...).

More details to follow if we can get back online tomorrow. If not, we'll be back in Rochester sometime Monday.

~Doc_Bev

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Cool!!! Jake Loyd's at that one. I would like to meet him someday.

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    We made it (back home that is)!
    Both Jake Lloyd & Danny Logan were really cool. It was so nice to get the chance to meet them at a more casual event.
    More details later...

~Doc_Bev

4. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm sorry we missed you and Darren there. I hope you guys had a good time.

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm sorry we missed you too. There was just no way we were going to be able to make it for Saturday.

We had fun at the con, but I think I had more fun just sight-seeing in NYC. Meeting Danny Logan and Jake Lloyd in a more casual atmosphere was very cool. We actually got a chance to chat with Danny for a couple minutes while he was away from his table. He's pretty sure he's going to CIII, but Jake said it's a little out of his way plus he'll have school.

I got a small boxful of my comics signed. Some of the guys I brought comics for I never found - I think they were only there Sat. I only managed to get 1 new sketch for my book. The con was uncomfortably warm and there were so many steps and broken elevators that it was hard to manage the crowds with Connor.

Sunday night we ran into some of the 501st trooping on the sidewalk for Katie Johnson. I wish we had found them sooner, but they were around the corner from the convention and we never saw them until later in the afternoon.

On Monday we took the ferry over to Ellis Island and did some general sight-seeing. It was fun. This was our 2nd time to NYC, but there's still more things I'd like to do the next time I go.

Hopefully we'll get to post some pictures soon.

~Doc_Bev

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Posted some of our con related pictures here.

We took tons more photos, but they were mostly just of the sight-seeing variety.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.