main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Big Bang vs Creation

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by SaberGiiett7, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    I'm Roman Cathoic, and I believe in both evolution and creation.

They are both a compatable process.

The universe could not have exploded from nothingness without a creative force. I believe just the incredible complexity of the universe reflects the glory of God. You can look at one flower and see it.

Things must evolve and adapt to the environment, and I don't see a reason why God would create a static universe.

In other words, God planted the seed to the universe, and now it is growing. When you plant a tree, it's branches can go in many different directions. Thats the way I visualize the creative/evolutionary process. God is the gardener, we are the garden.

2. robfett

robfett Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    Everest is a very young mountain.

Wait, let me guess, only a few million years old? I belive the earth in only around 6,000. :)

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I belive the earth in only around 6,000

Observations of the temperature of the earth and a combination of the laws of thermodynamics and a knowledge of properties of radioactive substances lead most people to conclude otherwise. :p

4. Master-Jedi-Smith

Master-Jedi-Smith Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    Observations of the temperature of the earth and a combination of the laws of thermodynamics and a knowledge of properties of radioactive substances lead most people to conclude otherwise.

They you people go again using logical explinations. :p

When are you ever going to accept the fact that myths are the truth?! ;)

If the bible says 6,000 years, then it must be 6,000 years, no matter what kind of scientific investigations have been conducted. :p

Latre! :D

5. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm going to make a new thread for all this. Partly because this one has more of the same problems the last one had, and partly so I can follow it more closely from the beginning.

Hope everyone understands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.