main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Big Blizzard Coming?

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Kung-Fu-Yoda, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    "Urgent-Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Taunton MA 430 AM SUN FEB 16 2003

Bristol-RI
    Eastern Kent-RI
    Newport-RI
    Providence-RI
    Southeast Providence-RI
    Washington-RI
    Western Kent-RI

Winter Storm Watch For Monday And Monday Night..."

Courtesy of the weatherbug...

The County's listed above are the ones in R.I. that will be hit. Now, because I don't want to retype everything they said and the weather bug won't allow you to copy and paste, here is a summery:

A major winter storm is posied to hit during Mon. and Tues. it has the potential to produce 6-12 inches of snow, depending on where you are. The storm is said to begin at about 7:30 AM on monday and go on util tuesday. The heavy snow will produce near blizzard conditions. This is a dangerous storm, basically, do not travel, and store some supplies just in case, although some parts of RI may only get a little more then six, so this could just be much ado about nothing, but in anycase...There will be high winds and tides, big waves, and minor coastal flooding. Whelp, thats about it, lets hope, we get what they say we're gonna.

That is All (I feel like a damn meteorologist) :)

EDIT: I just heared that above the city (Providence), 6-12, and below 9-14!

-Yoda ;)

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    *cries*
    i still don't have a shovel!

maybe work will let out early again on monday *crosses fingers* ohpleaseohpleaseohplease

3. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Sep 26, 2002
    Lucklily I have the week off to enjoy the snow! :D

-Yoda ;)

4. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Sep 26, 2002
    Looks Like The Snow Just Started Here! :)

w000t!!111!!!1

-Yoda ;)

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Carrie, you're going to need a back-hoe, forget the shovel!

6. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    sigh, no kidding. drama ensues here at work. got here at 8:30 only to be told that we're leaving early anyway and that people who were already here were told that if anyone calls to tell them to go home. thanks for telling us before, sheesh :p

7. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    It just figures that it would snow on a day I have off of work and school. Gotta love Mother Nature, I want something to be cancelled !!! 8-}

8. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    home safe and sound. still no shovel. car is already no longer visible. cocoa anyone?

9. JediSaralyn

Aug 6, 2002
    Mmmmm....cocoa :D

All URI classes are cancelled tomorrow... wOOt!!!

*dances a happy type jig* :D

10. Anakin28

Anakin28 Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2003
    Here I am sitting hoping work gets cancelled tonight.:)

Oh well...either way, I'm not working. lol

Anakin28

11. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    so bored on this snowy day. don't dare go out for anything. let's play a game

once upon a time there was a huge bantha named....

(to be continued????? take it away)

12. JediSaralyn

Aug 6, 2002
    Bob...

and he...

13. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    was a very kind-hearted bantha. bob liked his tusken raider friend, who was also named bob. sometimes they would...

14. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    throw light switch raves with their ewok friend the cheat and then they'd go out on the country side and smote peasants...

for the unknowing of you out there...don't hurt yourselves.

15. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    the peasants didn't like being smited, so they started to revolt. they went to the tosche station to get some supplies; that's where they ran into...

16. Anakin28

Anakin28 Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2003
    Lando and a bunch of wookies dancing to"Hot In Here" while they prepared for....

17. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    (Tarr, you rock!)

..prepared for the Annual Shaven Wookiee in a wet t-shirt contest. Bob (the bantha) was sad he couldn't enter so he...

18. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    (LOL add another one to the homestarrunner fans :p)

..decided to get a job tending the bar at the mos eisley cantina. this proved very difficult because he had no...

19. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    ..he had no opposable thumbs which made trying to pour drinks very difficult. And he got lots of hair in them. Ew!To solve this problem, Bob the Bantha, had his friend Bob the Tusken Raider...

20. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ..maim all the patrons of the bar and then take their thumbs. bob (the bantha) wanted them surgically attached. but the best surgeon they could find was...

21. Domina_Tagge

Domina_Tagge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    I hate to break up the continuing story of Bob, but how much snow did everybody get??

Inquiring minds want to know!

In SE Mass. where I live now, we got 21". My husband and I had to really work to get the car dug out. I took a personal day yesterday, LOL.

22. JediSaralyn

Aug 6, 2002
    Two whole feet :D

I just have to say that today is the most active I have seen these boards...yay!! :)

and back to the story....

...Dr. Phil, he did a really shotty job attaching the arms, but what could you do...he accepted payment in Jawa patties...no one else around would do that. They all wanted....

23. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    (yeah we got around 2 feet or so in providence, and some lovely person decided to pile all the snow next to my car. luckily i had both monday and tuesday off as snow days, whew.)

..payment in hutt slime, which was a rarity on tattooine since it tended to evaporate quickly and there was only one hutt on the planet anyway. they wanted the hutt slime for...

24. JediSaralyn

Aug 6, 2002
    ...facial masques. There was no other combination of stuff anywhere that could get your skin baby bottom smooth as well as baby bottom smelling. Hutt slime was a rare find in places such as...

25. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Hutt slime was a rare find in places such as...

*bzzzt*We interrupt our story in progress due to the potential for disturbing images as to where one would find Hutt slime...
    We now join our regularly scheduled programming, already in progress...

...and Bob, being a tusken raider and not very knowledgable about such things, accidentally used the Hutt slime to mix drinks for everyone in the bar which was all fine and good until an hour later when...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.