Big Brother I Hate It!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Louis_Skywalker, Jun 4, 2009.

?

Big Brother I Hate It!

Poll closed Jun 4, 2009.
Hate Big Brother 15 vote(s) 88.2%
LIke Big Brother 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Don't Care 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louis_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    It must be the start of summer because Big Brother is on again. I Can't believe the its been on for 10 years! I personally can't stand it and know its all I'm going to hear people bang on about for the next couple of months. I'll be a social outcast at work as when asked who I think should be voted out I won't have a clue and won't care. However maybe you like the show or are you like me and can't stand it?
  2. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    CAN'T ******* STAND IT!!!

Putting it simply, all Big Brother has done for the last ten years, is to slit the throat of the medium that is called "Entertainment", and drink its still-warm blood.

...and that's being polite. o_O
  3. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Big Brother should be turned into Battle Royale.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I've heard something about this being the final series, I hope that is true but I doubt it is since it's such a money maker for Channel 4
  5. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd pay to see that lol
  6. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Me too, actually,

Hate, hate, gorram hate!
  7. Moylesy Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh ye of little taste.
  8. A-Null Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Big Brother should have lasted about 3 series as the whole WOW factor of camera's following people around in a house quickly wore off.

Originally those in there were there to enjoy the experience not want fame (apparently). These day's every muppet who wants a bit of coverage in OK or Hello or FHM for girls with their boobs out (see current house mates) will go in there and come out saying 'what an experience it was' and 'fame won't change me'.

It's all rubbish.
  9. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I'm in the haters arena on this as well. Can't stand it and I can't see the point. All I know is I will be avoiding Channel 4 for the next few months unless it's something like ER.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Here is a quote I read in today's paper which I think sums up the show pretty well:

"Another summer, another inescapable multimedia onslaught of fame-ravenous morons desperate to air every mundane detail of their lives for a taste of life in the limelight. Let's face it, Big Brother lost all it's curious fly-on-the-wall charm after the first two seasons: These days the housemates are savvy, scheming competitors who know only too well how to play the game for maximum financial return on the outside. The only consolation for the public is that these talentless, overexposed non-ebrities' 15 minutes of fame is now closer to 15 seconds. Who the hell won last year? Here's hoping a further drop in ratings in 2009 will see Big Brother evicted from our TV screens once and for all."

11. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    I wanted t know who voted for liking big brother ?

12. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5
    Big Brother started bad and just got worse.

Who actually has nothing better to do than sit and watch a group of people living inside a house?
    BORRRING!
  13. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    It's also not "reality", the show always selects totally over the top and outrageous people. If a loads of regular joes were in the house it would be even more boring, so the whole concept of the realism of the show has gone out of the window anyway.

Throw in the guy with the terrible accent who does adverts and announcements on the show plus Davina and it is enitrely possible for the show to be blamed when someone goes on a shotgun rampage.

And then you end up with the Jade Goody type "celebrities" who are famous without actually having any talent that warrents them actually taking up TV time & magazine space. Why exactly anyone wants to hear what these nobodies have to say is beyond me, would anyone care if I went on This Morning and ranted about myself?

......I thought not
  14. Black-Tiger Jedi Master

star 3
    Hate it, along with all those putrid talent shows.
  15. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Whilst I don't watch it (anymore), I disagree with this part. When it was "regular joes", it was a lot more entertaining. But with freaks and weirdos, it's absolute rubbish.
  16. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Fair Enough, I thought they brought in the freaks & weirdos because no-one was interested in the ordinary people. Getting housemates who are willing to strip and swear and that sort of thing brings up ratings much more then if people just sat around chatting trying to get to know each other or were asleep all the time.
  17. Moylesy Jedi Master

star 4
    Me! You wanna make something of it? :p
  18. chrisfree Jedi Knight

star 2
    Now that is an interesting concept. You could sell it for big money, I think, and just sit back and watch your bank account grow. Defenitely wouldn't fail.

As for BB... If I didn't have colleagues I wouldn't even know what BB is; so I voted 'I don't care'. All those years ago the idea of sitting in front of the tv and watching other people 'exist' just didn't appeal to me. I had had my fair share of prying eyes into my life to even back then make a conscious decision not to do the same to others. So all in all, I have not yet watched a single episode ever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.