main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Big Brother Point Totals

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by -_-_-_-_-_-, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Yeah I talked to Seb the other day about how unclear this is. James explained it in a similar way to me as he did to Carmen.

I would agree with Seb's idea. I will use an example. This last week it was Jjanda vs Seb. If Jjanda had enough points she could take herself off. Then the next person in line takes her place.

That sound reasonable to me.

-Seldon

2. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

What sounds much more reasonable is declaring immunity prior to any nominations at all. Why would we nominate someone who isn't eligible for eviction? Doing it your way, Seldon, means that a person could save up the pass until he knows he's about to be nominated. There is no risk at all for that person then. If you have to declare ahead of the nominations, then you don't know if you're using your pass effectively or not. That's the more interesting way to do it.

AYBABTU

3. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    So basically, you'd be immune from nomination?

In that case (and, well, with the other one too) it doesn't really come in handy until there are 3 left. At least, I wouldn't use it until then. And in that case, if all 3 have the immunity, what good does that do?

There should probably be a limit as to how late you can use it - like you can't use it once there are only 3 people left.

4. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Maybe that's the answer, as it doesn't really matter by that point anyway. But it also doesn't make any sense to declare yourself ex post facto immune.

AYBABTU

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't mind if someone buys their way out after being nominated, as long as the someone else replaces them in the vote. It's one thing to buy yourself a stay of execution, but it shouldn't be and automatic elimination of the other person...that's bascially a professional hit if used systematically by a nominating majority.

At least if person A (with less than 50 points) goes up against person B (with 50) and B buys their way out, then C, then D, then E all have to buy their way out as well until someone with less than 50 who's been nominated replaces them. If everyone except A has at least 50, and chooses to buy their way out, then it's possible that A would then be kicked out automatically, but at least A has screwed everyone else from having enough points to buy their way out again in the near future.

Anyway, I don't care if the ruling is fair or skewed...just as long as I know what I might be up against in this and future rounds, so I can adjust my game plan accordingly.

6. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    BB Points Week 7:

Jim: 1
    Seldon: 8
    Terr: 8
    PK: 8
    Carmen: 8
    Rhett: 1
    SWR: 0
    Sebulba: 5

1 point was for the mini task, 7 points for a fully answered main task with a picture, and 5 for an incomplete task.

Point totals at the top have been changed.

7. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    What was incomplete about my task?

Granted I took what was asked and did a lot of combining, so if you wanted 2 paragraphs, song lyrics, and a picture, than you got me.

- Type of dinosaur triceretops
    - 10 reasons why In the song lyrics...3 horns, 4 feet, 1 tail, 1 shield, 1 jagged beak, & 1 roar...11 total
    - song lyrics are there
    - kind of hat Impaled Caveman was my hat
    - draw picture of dinsoaur with hat back then drawn picture red splotch on left horn is the impaled caveman...in making it a cave drawing filters kind of obscured that

Anyway, just curious.

8. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Seb a description of what your dinosaur physically looks like can hardly be considered a valid reason for being the creature.

Everyone else came up with reasons why. I did not list that I would want one long next, four fins and a tail. I came up with actual reasons.

That would be my reason for not giving yours full points.

-Seldon

9. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    My guess would be that you had to write a full paragraph about why your hat was your hat, but that's just a guess.

10. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Here was the critera:
    What type of dinosaur would you be?
    -Give us 10 reasons in paragraph form.

If you wrote your own song about being a dinosaur, what would it be like? share the lyrics with us.
    -in lyrics form. you can add detail if you wish

What kind of hat would go best with your dinosaur and why?
    -1 paragraph.

extra 2 points awarded if you draw your dinosaur in the hat, back then (in time).
    You did not have your 10 reasons in the paragraph, since you pointed out your "Reasons." Or a paragraph about your hat. Just one sentence stuck in your paragrpah.

You did do the task, it was funny, you had an (unconventional) hat, and a a picture, so I gave you 5 out of the 7.

11. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    That's fine, just wanted clarification. No biggie.

12. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    Looks like my uncle chose a bad week to have his wedding. Well, for me at least.

13. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Okay cool.

And welcome back, SWR.

14. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Out of curiosity...how many people bought eviction passes this week?

(or just a friendly points update reminder :p )

15. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I did and PK did.
    That was it.

Congradulations on the promotion Seb.
    See if you just resign, there would be no eviction and Tracy would give PK and I our points back.

There would then be no eviction this week.
    That would be good for everyone.
    Seb would be a moderator.
    PK would have her points back
    I would have my points back
    and Carmen would not get voted out.

I guess I can try.
    Anyway that is what Tracy told me last night on PM.
    Not that I want you to leave the house, just if you resign sooner then later it helps everyone.

-Seldon

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Tracy never mentioned to me about giving points back if I resigned from the game pre-election, if that were an option before hand, I might have considered it, and we chit-chatted various scenarios on what to do. Now the votes already almost over and I'm morally opposed to quitting for any reason, let alone to benefit anyone else in this game (I don't consider being promoted to modship and having to resign quitting, as it's out of my hands as to how it came about when it was going to happen, and the only reason there's now a concrete timeline on my promotion at this time was I asked about for it, because I didn't want to cause further problems with the vote).

Hmmmm....what to do, what to do. I think it's pretty much out of my hands now...if Tracy wants to step in and change things, that's up to her, but I think I'm just going to let things ride as is.

17. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    OH goodness, you people change your minds way too often.

I told seldon that he and PK could have their points back since it seems kind of absurd to make them use their points on a non election week because you might leave because you get promoted.

At any rate, we have the vote up, we're going thru with the vote, and PK and seldon have used their eviction passes.

I'll go subtract their points now.

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
  19. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Mini-Task 8

PrincessKenobi: 2

carmenite42: 2

FateNaberrie: 2

Darth-Seldon: 2

Terr_Mys: 2

StarWars_Revelation: 2

20. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Task 8 Points:

Carmen: 10

Fate: 6

Seldon: 10

Terr: 10

Rhett: 4

PK: 8

SWR: 8

EDIT: And points are updated!

21. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I was wondering if you could add them all up because I'm unsure of how many I have. After using the eviction pass, I should have been left with 20 points.

So is my new total 32?

-Seldon

22. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Nevermind, I see that you updated it.
    Sorry

23. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Yeah, i update right after I post points. I think posting points for each task is helpful because it lets you know exactly how well you did, and can identify any problems easier.

24. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Yeah, it is.

-Seldon

25. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    **points are updated!**

Mini Task 9:

Seldon: 1
    Jim: 1