main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Big Brum Walk - The Aftermath!

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Jairen, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, the Big Brum walk was a huge success on Sunday.

Lady_Wiz and I were able to raise just over £200 between us, and Chickentikkameeka and Happy Ninja joined us for the 10 mile walk around brum.

The weather stayed good for us and the walk went pretty smoothly. My trick knee decided to play up at about the 6 mile mark, but after a quick strapping session with the St John's ambulance people at the 8 mile checkpoint, we powered on to complete the 10 miles at the Lord Mayor's show.

Overall, we completed the 10 miles in 4 hours 10 minutes. Mostly because of me being the slowest of the walkers and holding them back :p

Now that it's all over, we've been chilling for the day. My feet are covered in blisters (4 on my right foot, 6 on my left!!!) that I've now got some great cushioned blister plasters on.

All in all, it was a great day out and really good fun, despite being knackering. We would commit to next years, however I'm pretty sure it clashes with C4, and money allowing, I know that's where I'm gonna be.

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Yesterday was a cool day. I think I'm more surprised than proud of myself of actually completing the 10 mile trek. I could have gone further if I had wanted to, but after we stopped, my knees basically said "Bugger off! I'm on flexi-time!", and that was that. I sure did sleep last night. Went to bed around 10ish - finally crawled out of bed around 12pm this afternoon! :D

Anyway, photos are up!

3. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    wonderful work people!!!

oh and seeing those t-shirts i reli not sure about the guys with guns. it seems to make it too games console or warhammer!!

4. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Well done you lot.

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Sorry I didn't post earlier, just wanted to say well done and congrats on this successful venture, I am sure your feet will forgive you one day ;) =D= =D= =D=

You are all stars for taking part! :cool:

6. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Cool work guys! Pleased you all made it!

David, too late buddy. People are already attached!

7. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    might have to unleash the rebel and create my own logo :p

8. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    Amazing work and achievment guys.....you should be proud.....just the start of some great charity work methinks..

9. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    Defo, well done guys and gals

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.