Before Big Little One - G, Obi&Qui, one-shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi_artorius, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. jedi_artorius Jedi Padawan

Title: Big Little One
    Rating: G...or maybe C for Cute
    Summary: Obi-Wan returns to find Qui-Gon asleep. Much cuteness awaits. One-shot, non-slahs
    Warnings: um..typoes?
    Author's Notes: I wrote this very quickly and I'm actually quite satisfied with how it came out..for once. Hope you guys like it too, it's short.

For my Master

Big Little One

The apartment was dark and silent when he entered, only a single light was left on to light the way for the late night arrival. Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi wandered into the kitchen to get a much needed snack. He was starving, dinner came much too early before a performance. Sitting down in the kitchen, he set an odd-shaped black case on top of the table. It was a violin, quite an ancient instrument, and he had just returned from a concert with some other locals who played other like-instruments...cello, viola, horns...etc. For the occation, members of the small very professional sounding orchestra also dressed to match their music, wearing an unusual costume. Obi-Wan pulled the knot out of his black neck-tie, letting it hang loosely around his neck, and took off his dark suit jacket, laying it over the violin case. He left the things there, they would be dealt with in the morning, but now bed called.

Entering the dark bedroom, the young Padawan sat on his bed and pulled off his socks and shoes, setting them softly next to the wall as not to wake the sleeping form in the bed across the room. His bare feet made no noise on the floor and he sat next to his sleeping Master. Qui-Gon Jinn had not been sleeping well lately for some reason. It wasn't entirely clear to Obi-Wan, but all he knew is that the man seemed tired and drained during the day. Of course Qui-Gon came to the performance, but it was afterwards when the musicians had to stay and clean up that the Master left to go back home.

The light thump of a tail under the covers made Obi-Wan smile. Faramir's nose poked out and the pup's small head emerged. The Padawan reached over and patted Faramir's soft fur. "Stay there, silly puppy," he whispered, "Keep your daddy company."

Light from the other room shone slightly on Qui-Gon's face. He was so peaceful in his sleep. Obi-Wan was glad he had found that peace after so many nights. Softly, he stroked his Master's cheek; the man he viewed as a father. Qui-Gon stirred, but Obi-Wan didn't stop. Ocean blue eyes cracked open and looked up at the Padawan. "You're back late," Qui-Gon whispered sleepily.

"Yes, but I'm back now," Obi-Wan smiled, "Go back to sleep, I'll see you in the morning."

Qui-Gon closed his eyes again, a slight smile coming across his face, "That was a lovely performance, little one."

"It was only good because you were there, Master," Obi-Wan replied. The Master gave no answer, he was already asleep again. Good, Obi-Wan thought. He pulled his tie all the way off and unbuttoned the top button of his shirt, standing up and turning away to get ready for bed himself. But Obi-Wan turned again, watching Qui-Gon sleep. Despite him being legally in the age of adulthood, his Master still refered to Obi-Wan as "little one". It seemed funny coming from a large man who, in himself, contained the soul and love of a child. In a way, Qui-Gon was just as much the "little one" as his Padawan.

Obi-Wan walked back over to his Master and bent down to whisper in his ear. "Good night, big one. I love you." He lightly kissed Qui-Gon's brow and pulled the covers up, tucking him around him again, before going off to perpare for bed.

"I love you too, my big little one."
  2. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That was so sweet. I loved the big little one comment at the end. Lovely and warm. Good job.
  3. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Knight

star 2
    That was very cute! Good work!
  4. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Awwwwwwwwww that was so cute! Wonderful piece of fluff here :) I enjoyed it muchly!
  5. AthenaLeigh Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just reading it again and noting how cute it is! [:D] So wonderful, I love it so much. Heehee, puppy! Always keeping his people company. So good.
  6. LilQui-Gon Jedi Knight

star 2
    That was sooooo sweet! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
  7. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    sweet, cute, mushy mush :) :)
  8. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That was very sweet. My favorite line was It seemed funny coming from a large man who, in himself, contained the soul and love of a child.-- that is so Qui-Gon. :D [face_love]
  9. JediKlea Jedi Master

star 3
  10. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ah that was great! Mush all around! Loved Qui stating at the end about big little one *snrk* hehehe ahhh warm fuzzie feelings!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.