main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Big movie get-togethers for the fall

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    From where I stand, the big movies to have TTF fun night gatherings will be :

Harry Potter 4
    King Kong
    Chronicles of Narnia - Lion, Witch, & Wardrobe

Feel free to add your preferences here.

2. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Here are some that look good to me:
    The Legend of Zorro (how is this different from the last one?)
    The Brothers Grimm
    The New World (Christopher Columbus
    Ice Age 2

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Harry Potter for sure,
    Zorro probably, and King Kong maybe

4. LlorchTHX

LlorchTHX Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Hey everybody

At the Carmike 14 (Blue Ridge 14, 600 Blue Ridge Road almost in the corner with western blvd, near the K-mart) they are showing Episode III.

They don't have really big screens, but hey, is bigger than my TV for just $1.50 (and they have dts sound).

Maybe we could get together to go.

(showing times 13:00, 16:00, 19:00 and 20:00 hrs)

See you.

Jorge

5. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    I should get down to Blue Ridge. I only made it to see the movie once :( .

Edit: This is Natalie

6. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    The brothers grimm was awful. It was filled with disgusting grotesque scenes.

Here are a few of the unsettling thing you might see (might be considered spoilers IF you actually want to see this terrible movie):
    horse eating spiders
    kitten being thrown into fan
    horse eating boy after being wrapped in a web
    tree root thrust through a mans skull, later his corpse is found with only bones for legs

and a multitude of other atrocities and disgust. The humor was also really annoying. There was nothing about this movie I liked.

7. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I wanted to say this clearly -
    All TTF folks are invited to be with me on each opening night AT MY EXPENSE for

Harry Potter & Goblet of Fire
    Chronicles of Narnia: Lion, Witch, & Wardrobe
    King Kong

I recently saw Serenity on opening night, and last week I saw Wallace and Grommit:Curse of Were-Rabbit.

Quicky reviews:

Serenity was very good, although having not watched Firefly on tv, I had a lot to catch up on, but for the most part it was entertaining and held together well - very Andromeda-like in its portrayal of feisty repartee amongst the crew. Good morals story - found out why the bad guys were good and the good guys were bad. I missed out on some inside jokes which I would have only known if I had seen the tv show.

Now Wallace and Gromit was cute cute cute. It was really fun watching Gromit the dog pull Wallace the perpetually dimwit of a guy out of a jam all the time - an evolutionary switcheroo. It borrowed from all the classic horror films, but it still was fun at every turn. Very pleasant movie to watch. Heartily recommend both.

8. Anakin_Solo06

Anakin_Solo06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2004
    Ok seeing how we are getting to the month of November pretty soon,the only question I got is what are the plans for these things? And what time do I need to be there.

9. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I wish I could be there guys.

10. Psycho_Jedi

Jun 26, 2002
    I vote for Brier Creek personally.

11. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    hey guys, Harry Potter is premiering at the IMAX on November 18 as well as at the regular theaters. I would love to see this spectacle on the huge screen.

12. Psycho_Jedi

Jun 26, 2002
    I would like to see Harry Potter on the regular screen first personally. One reason is the seats in IMAX are not designed for sitting a long time and aren't the most comfortable in the world. And like one of my friends at work said, they want to see it in the regular theatre first as well because the IMAX screen is so huge it is possible you could miss something. And for anyone who likes food at movies, no food allowed at IMAX.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this movie at IMAX, I'm just not too sure about opening night.

13. LlorchTHX

LlorchTHX Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Hi,

I Have to side with Psycho_Jedi.

IMAX movies can't be longer than 120 min (because of the weight of the film roll), and they can't be as wide as some of the very widescreen ones, so they have to cut them (in wide and in time) and edit them (some pan&scan). Anyone that saw episode II in regular and in IMAX can tell the difference (the only thing I liked is that they took out most of the "love" scenes of Anakin and Padme, but that's theme for another thread, hehe).

Anyway, if any of you plan to go see Harry let me know, that'll be fun.

LlorchTHX

14. Psycho_Jedi

Jun 26, 2002
    I believe they have been able to extend the length of a movie that IMAX theaters can show. They made the reels bigger so they could hold more film. I'm just concerned that with the screen being so large that something could be missed since you can't really see the whole screen at once.

15. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    My gift to you for being my friends!

I'm paying for all TTF members who can be there -
    Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire
    When - Friday November 18, 7PM
    Where - Brier Creek Regal 14

All YOU have to do - is confirm you will be there by PM'ing me. Let me know by 11/4 so I can Fandango the tix to my credit card.

Don

16. Psycho_Jedi

Jun 26, 2002
    This is Natalie: We'll be there Don! Can't miss this one :p .

17. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I am going to try and come up the night of the 18th to get ready to march in the Raleigh Holiday Parade the next day. Maybe we can have a small get together if I can get up early enough.

Right now it looks good for me to come, but it all depends on the settlement with Home Depot. I never got my last paycheck from July so I'm trying to get that extra money so that way I can come for a visit both Friday and Saturday.

18. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    Hey all - sorry it has been so long since I wrote. I know I am not part of the TTF but wanted to say hello again - especially as Episode III came out on DVD last week and I remember all the fun we had at the premiere. Also Don called me to say hello which was really nice. As many of you know I was let go by Regal when they converted us over in July. While I was disappointed in their decision in the long run it has been for the better. My new job allows me much more freedom and "regular" hours. My friends still work at Brier Creek and Tracey Ward, the manager currently, worked for me when I opened the building in 2003. I still go by there and am actually happy I left. It sounds like a lot of fun with the tickets for the movies and I hope you all have a good time.

Daniel

19. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Tickets for Harry Potter have been bought! Be there no later than 6:45PM friday night! (it's actually for the 7:20 show)

20. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    I am planning on coming up that night. I can't wait to see everyone again! :)

21. Bearleft

Bearleft Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    Hello all,

It's been an insanely long time since I've been on the boards. Frankly, I just haven't had the energy to.

However, Mom and I are definitely in for Harry Potter on Friday. Are you guys going to be in the lobby until around 6:45? If so, we'd love to meet up. Mom's never seen an HP movie on opening night. I've been trying to convince her.

Cheers,
    Judy

22. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Judy,
    Great to hear from you! Better hurry, tho. The 7PM has sold out, and I don't know how many more tix are available for the 7:20 PM showing.

23. Anakin_Solo06

Anakin_Solo06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2004
    Since the movie is so early in the night, do we all want to go out and get something to eat after the movie? Just a thought here.

24. UniversalDestiny

Oct 25, 2001
    As long as it's not too much. Maybe Uno's or Jason's Deli.

Before I forget does anyone have a Hot Glue gun that I use on Friday Night? I need to glue two parts of my force pike for the Holiday Parade the next day and need some type of Hot Glue to temporarily hold it together.

-Jane

25. Bearleft

Bearleft Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    Howdy!

So were you guys there? Mom and I didn't see anyone. Still had a great time though and loved the movie (despite everything that got cut out).

Judy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.