main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Big News

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Robert-A-Fett, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert-A-Fett

Robert-A-Fett Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Well..... dont really know how to say this so I'll come right out-- I'm moving.

I'm getting married July 24th and Heather and I have really hated Cincinnati frankly, and we have a chance to live in her hometown, Columbus In. Her grandmother is giving us a house to rent and I've already got a new job lined up and am going to transfer colleges as well..... It happened very suddenly and its still sinking in, but we're both very excited and very happy. So if anyone is available to help us move all our stuff, we have a Uhaul rented for this Monday, so anytime during the day any of you are available, let me know, we could definately use help as its just the two of us and I have alot of junk. Columbus, is an hour and a half or so away, plus a little bit right now because of a detour, but I'm sure we'd buy you lunch and/or dinner for your time.....

All my family is still here in town so I will be back quite a bit and nobody will probably even notice I've left as I intend to still come back to hang out and for our get togethers and what not.... The other cool thing is that we'll be living 40 mins south of Indianapolis, so we can have a ton of folks staying with us for CIII and so we can save alot of money on a hotel.... Well, I'll let all that sink in. So if anyone is available Monday, please please please let us know, we reaaaaaally need a few extra sets of hands....

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I understand you are happy about moving, but hating Cincinnati.... Dude, go live around the world a bit and you'll come back running!!! And from what I have seen from in Indiana... there's not much more than corn!! ;)
    I won't be able to help unfortunately, Angel is flying to Dallas for business, and I have to work on monday, sorry!

3. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Good Luck in Indiana! Cincinnati has been good to me and I'd never move back to Indiana but sometimes it is good for people in your situation to have new surroundings and start to make a success out of your life! :)

Like Ludo said unfortunatly I'll be out of town on business but if there is anything else we can do, let us know!

4. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I'd help in a heartbeat, but that whole ride thing keeps biting me in the rear...

so if transportation works out, I'd be happy to help! :D

5. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Wow, that's big news alright. Best of luck to you, and Heather. I guess I'll see you at the next meeting we both attend.

6. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    I know what it's like to want to leave Cincinnati but my wanting to go is probably temporary because I have not traveled much. I would love to help but as of today I do not know my schedual for next week yet.

7. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    I'm glad you've found a way out, but its sad to see you go.
    I'm glad that you still plan on attending some meetings though.
    I'd help you, but I have to work every monday, and I cant get mondays off work.

8. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm working on monday as well 9-5, otherwise you know I'd be more than glad to help. Sorry to hear you are moving, but i know you guys have your reasons. Just be sure you guys make it to meetings!

40 mins from Indy is a little far for CIII, to get there and get a good spot in line you are really going to need to leave your house before 6am every morning, and paying for gas back and forth really isn't going to save you that much money. But 40 mins away does put you close enough to go to Indy knight meetings, and Bloomington just became official, you could be a member of 3 fanforces, 4 if you wanted to go down to louisville too LOL

9. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    leaving about 5:15 am should get them a decent spot in line if it takes 40 minutes from where they live for C3 trust me a friend of mine and i stayed in sunman indiana and we left at 5:00 to be in line around 6:00 am for a good spot

10. drk-lady-of-the-sith

drk-lady-of-the-sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Best of luck in Columbus! That is great that college, a home, and a job all fell into place for you two. I wish I could help with the move, but I am working until 5 on Monday.

11. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    Meh! As of right now I have 0 help! I've helped at least 10 people move in the last 2 years and nobody is able to help even with just the loading! meh!

12. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    If I could get there I would...

13. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    So nobody can help even for the loading up? Even if you can help for like a half hour, thats a half hour better than just me and heather moving all our stuff. Loading will likely happen morning til afternoon, so if anybody just has even a little time to help out, it'd be greatly appreciated.... I've got some big stuff IE:couch, entertainment center, that I cant handle alone and I dont want heather to hurt herself.

14. Robert-A-Fett

Sep 20, 2002
    Well change in plans, wont be able to get the truck til 2pm, so all you people who arent available til evening are in luck.... hehe

If anybody is available to help this afternoon or evening please let me know.... right now it is STILL just Heather and I and even just a few minutes of help to carry the stuff I cant manage alone would be appreciated very very greatly.

15. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Hey pm me with directions to your house and I'll come over to help out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.