main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Big Rmuor

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Haert, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Haert

Darth_Haert Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2004
    In the November edition of Electronic Gaming Monthly's The Rumor Mill, there was a very interesting paragraph about KOTOR 3.

The final countdown
    I begin this column with a bang--now let's end it with a nuclear explosion. Three: LucsArts abd a team of Jedis have already started on a third installment of its RPG series Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (most likely for Xbox 2).

what are your thoughts about this?

2. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I think it's just hype used to sell a magazine.

3. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    KOTOR 3 was in the works until lucasarts laid off a lot of its employees. Because of the layoffs the team working on KOTOR 3 was disbanded.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    But if the Obsidian team has done well with Sith Lords there's every possibility LucasArts has given them the nod to pre-plan KOTOR3 and introduce story seeds into KOTOR2 that can be followed up on in a potential sequel.

5. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I'm not saying that KOTOR 3 will never happen I'm just saying that any work that was started on number 3 has been stopped for the moment because of the layoffs.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    But you're ignoring that the team making KOTOR2 could easily have been green-lighted for pre-production work on KOTOR3 since the lucasarts layoffs..

Knowing there's going to be a sequel before KOTOR2's release will also allow for some better linkage between the two games.

7. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    If KOTOR 2 is as big a hit as KOTOR 1 there will be a KOTOR 3...you can bet on that.

8. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    LA LAyoffs.

>>>Today, LucasArts began to outline what exactly said changes would entail. Firstly, in-house development will be scaled way back, because "the company will be concentrating on fewer titles," read the statement.<<<

>>>On the project front, an informed industry source said the team attached to the early stages of development on Knights of the Old Republic 3 was let go in yesterday's layoff.<<<

KOTOR III will be outsourced like I and 2. Whatever they were working on was so early that it was never even officially mentioned. Probably just working story and brainstorming. It's highly unlikely that they were going to do internal development of the title.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.