main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Big Scoop: July 30th.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schmootika

Schmootika Jedi Master star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Count me in. I'll be there in the "good" jedi costume.

2. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Thanks folks who can go. I'll let Ms. Woman know today who's going. Tim, sometime we need to get the SMT Banner to put it up there.

Lemme ask this, Tim: If we get the screen lifted that morning before the Big Scoop, you still don't wanna go? Free ice cream sandwiches! Those of us who have kidney stones know we love ice cream sandwiches!!

:)

Anyhow, if you want to put the screen up early that morning, let me know.

Schmootika, be sure to PM or Email me your whole name if you haven't yet.

Jon, when you are ready to get your ice cream, just pop the costume off and go get you some. Wear your leotard (heh heh) under your real people clothes and go get some feed!!

-------------

Oh, Tim: I finally talked to my friend Lisa who works at the Botanical Gardens and told her whenever they have a big event out there and want to pay us to come do "Feed Me" to let me know.

Next year, we need to do a "Little Shop in Concert" at the Movie Nights and get some folks to play the parts during the songs. We already know who'll play the plant and Seymour, and I have 2 microphones and a speaker...sooo...

3. Echo7Solo

Echo7Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 10, 2005

And you know I offered to help with setup too. That's three sets of hands.

4. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    3 and a half sets of hands...I'm bringing Muley to--um--watch...

Thanks for offering to come to Big Scoop, gang. I'm notifying Susan Wolfe today about everything.

Don't forget:
    July 30th, Saturday, 11-4. I'll tell her to leave the schedule open since folks will be coming through at various times that day. Of course, the earlier the better for you as you can work a few hours, take a break, and get in line for GOODIES! YUM!!

Great! Here's the line-up (And SMT is a powerful Force to be reckoned with that day!!)

Obviously, at some point, Darth Mule will appear!

Kelly & Robert Brogdon
    Grace Reynolds (and a possibility of Jay)
    Hollie Yahola
    Jacob
    Elliott
    Kell
    Ash
    Jon

And the SMT Banner--I need to pick that up sometime soon! :)

Lin will be there in photographer mode, too.

5. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Hi, everyone.

Those who want to participate, please call Susan Wolfe with the following information at: 901-270-7854 or email her with the following information at:
    swolfe@glankler.com.

Whole Name, Address, Phone Number, and T-Shirt size, Times Available, and e-mail address.

VERY important that you contact her ASAP!!!

Big Scoop will be doing your lunch that day, plus during breaks you can run around and get some chow in the lines.

I gave her everyone's names, but she still needs the above information. Please call her ASAP.

(I told you this year would be better--she's involved!)

6. Schmootika

Apr 20, 2005
    I just spoke with Susan and she wanted to know what she can do to make this year a better experience for us. She said she heard there was a bit of disappointment on our part last year and she wants to make this a fun experience fer us. She said we would be celebrities. [face_dancing] Ain't that interesting.

She has a meeting tommorrow and will let us know when we really need to be there. It sounds like she is going out of her way to find out what we think will make this fun for everyone involved. Mr. Lincoln's costume shop is donating 6 costumes fer her volunteers to wear and she was wanting ideas as to what kinds of other characters would be good for the kids. I'll have to look at the Vader they have, I just might be willing to be the Dark Lord for a few hours. [face_skull]

My questions is, can we get the reflective lightsabers for the kids to take their pictures with?? I will bring my cheapo's for props but those reflective ones take such a great picture.

Also, Tim, Marcus said he would be willing to be the Emperior if you are still up to loaning out the robes.

7. gooshy

gooshy Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    btw, can we bring blasters and stuff? Don't know their policies or anything. I recently modified my blaster a bit and it doesnt have the blaze orange tip anymore. Just a thought [face_praying]

8. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm sure they won't mind, those blasters can't be any more real than lightsabers or storm trooper armor right?

9. gooshy

Apr 27, 2005
    who says stormtrooper armor isnt real? heh. Just wondering because some places have policies about that and whatnot.

10. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm sure if you check it in with security when you get there they'll give you the go ahead....and I think it was something about getting shot in the pinky and blowing up at the chest like a power ranger that made the storm trooper armor not...so....real? :) Those Kamino...excellent cloners, horrible armorers :)

11. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    If armor wasn't so d*** expensive, I'd get a set. However, seeing as how I'm a broke college student, I won't be getting anything like that for a LONG time.

Errr...not to mention that storm/clonetrooper armor isn't made for a plus size female.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

12. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Just remember these names for that day:

Susan Wolfe, Characters
    Kevin Williams/Muley
    Tim Owens, Volunteer Coordinator.

Outside of that, just pack your props into the bags/boxes with your costumes. It won't matter about your blasters or sabers that way. Once you're in where the costumers will be, it definitely won't matter any.

Okay, here's what Susan's been told recently, too: Unless you're volunteering the whole day, the free lunch and t-shirt isn't included. HOWEVER--You're already there, so if you're not staying the whole day, hop into line and eat whatever happens to be there.

We will also have a certain place where Celebrity sign-ups are, too. Dunno where yet.

Schmootika, thanks for updating the forum!! :)

Everyone, please don't forget to contact Susan ASAP, please!! Let's make our group look GOOD!

13. gooshy

Apr 27, 2005
    I sent her an e-mail. Is that alright or should I call her?

14. Schmootika

Apr 20, 2005
    Email is fine. She told me she needs our full names so when we check in they can make sure we are who we say we are. She's had problems with folks just showing up to help out and they aren't on the list, or they bring a bunch of folks with them.

15. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Tim- I'll probably be riding with or following Kevin, so if you need help putting up the screen in the morning I'm there. Otherwise I'll see you that afternoon. I'll slide by after Big Scoop. I think the photosabers are in your shed or storage room. Darth Mule will have my MR Vader one.

It's only an 11-4 event, which isn't that long. Now don't fell like you have to be in costume and in the booth the whole time. I don't know what their rules are for walking around in costume (it really is cool for the kids), but do make sure they schedule you breaks so you can go eat lunch and get in lines for some ice cream. I goofed and didn't get any ice cream the first couple years I did it. Just took a long enough break to go to the bathroom- big mistake!

I'll be heloing Kev with Muley, so I'll try and make sure they have water and A/C for you all.

Most of all- remember to have fun!

16. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Don't worry about the screen, Lin. I'll be coming by in the afternoon to help set it up and so will New-Tim.

-Joe

17. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Who is this...

"NEW" Tim..?

18. Echo7Solo

Jan 10, 2005
    I'm "New" Tim. Or as others have called me "Southaven" Tim or "Echo" Tim. Thinking about it, what about "Bizarro Tim"? You guys like? :)

19. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    They call him... TIM.

20. Echo7Solo

Jan 10, 2005
    He's got huge, sharp-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!

21. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Nope. Tim is Bizarro enough already.
    I was calling you Tim2, but then I remembered that there already was another Tim, but he stopped showing up at functions (the we found out he joined the Army), and that would make you Tim3, but then we'd constantly be asnwering questions about the other Tim, so you shall be New Tim, until such time as we get another Tim. Then, you shall be known as - New Tim, and he shall be known as Newer Tim. And then if ANOTHER Tim shows up, he shall be known as Newest Tim. And if YET ANOTHER Tim shows up, he shall be known as - Fred.

-Joe

22. Echo7Solo

Jan 10, 2005
    oh man, I kind of like Fred. T3 isn't bad... Tripple T? lol

23. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    [image=http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/fight/pict/200301/23/Triple%20H%20Studio_b.jpg]

should we reconsider triple t...?

24. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    That or T-cubed. [face_peace]

25. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Oooohh---BAD choice of words!

Tim3, Triple T, SweetT, T-bo...
    Fred. That's easier.

Nice to meet ya, Fred.
    Or, have I already? Hmm...I dont remember so well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.