Big Scoop: July 30th.

Discussion in 'Memphis, TN' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timewalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    And NOW I remember that Qui-Gon Tim told me that the other Tim had joined the Army. You are correct, very bad choice of words. I have edited my original post to be more descriptive.

-Joe
  2. Valeska Jedi Knight

star 2
  3. Schmootika Force Ghost

star 2
    Just got a call from Susan Wolfe she says we are on board for Saturday. We need to check in at Door C-Vendor Check-In. When we are not being "celebrities" we can walk around and pester the crowd. The only thing she said was not to take pictures with the folks unless we are in the character area. That is the money maker for them and she would rather we didn't give out freebies.

The t-shirts will be only for the vendor volunteers, so we don't get them but they are supplying munchies and water.

Also, if you have not contacted her I believe the list is now set in stone. They are being a little tighter with security this year. If you did not give her your name, you may not be on the list. Give her a call and see if she can still squeeze you in: 901-270-7854

I think the list of folks she has is:
    Hollie
    Lin
    Kell
    kelly
    Jaccob
    Elliot <maybe>
    Jon
    And someone from Little Rock <she couldn't remember who> :rolleyes:

There ya have it!! Hope to see ya'll this weekend!!

4. Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just spoke with SUsan Wolfe and added Grace, so she will be able to attend. Obviously we overlooked a post to contact her, but that has just been remedied.

"J"
  5. PirateMonkey Jedi Padawan

Anyone know if on that list it's me (Linden) or Lin? I signed up with my full name so I don't know what she has me down as - I guess I should email her again.

-Ash
  6. Schmootika Force Ghost

star 2
    I think it was you she said Linden. Might want to call her tommorrow and confirm.
  7. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Unless there is more than one person from LR, I am he.

Jacob
  8. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Helpful advice: Muley will be walking around some outside of the photo area, and when that happens folks want pictures. I usually just say to folks that photo op's are at the "character area in that direction" and point them that way, and tell them when I'll be going back that direction.

However, you don't want mad folks there, so if they seem like they're getting "huffy," go ahead and do the pic.
  9. gooshy Force Ghost

star 1
    Don't forget it's tomorrow morning! :D
  10. Schmootika Force Ghost

star 2
    See you guys there!! I'll try to get there early. I think this should be fun.
  11. Valeska Jedi Knight

star 2
    For those that didn't make it to Drive in night, how was it?
  12. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Just wanted to send a thanks to everyone who made it out. I think this year was successful, and the character performers did a great job. There was a fraternity who volunteered to help with the Mr. Lincoln costumes and they were great fun, both in the room and on the floor!! Thanks to them, also---should they happen into this forum.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!
  13. Schmootika Force Ghost

star 2
    I had a blast!! I think it went on without a hitch.
  14. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    You had a blast?? SONIC WAS THERE?! I missed a Sonic Blast?! AAUUGGHH!!
  15. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    You guys all looked great. Glad you could make it. Hope you all at least got some kind of ice cream while you were there. That coffee/Kufe' stuff was AWESOME! Got to get some of that.
  16. gooshy Force Ghost

star 1
    Anyone have pics from the event?

If you need to upload any, you can use my ftp:

ftp.tk2486.com

user: 501@tk2486.com
    pass: empire

If you use internet explorer, just go to ftp://ftp.tk2486.comand a message might pop up. Just click OK and then right click in the white space and go to "Login As" then use the above information. Then you should be able to drag and drop stuff in there. Feel free to use it for anything SMT oriented. I've got plenty of space. To access it on the web its www.tk2486.com/501/ Hope thats not too confusing.
  17. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    I'd like to say I'm smart enough to understand all that.

But, I'm not.
    So, I won't say.
  18. Valeska Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sorry to say that I think I am. Problem is that computers sometimes act like they dont like me.

HIT ANY KEY!

[face_beatup]
  19. kellilla Jedi Knight

star 2
    I *finally* got the pics off my camera! I only got 3 anyway, but here they are:

[image=http://kellilla.com/stuff/bigscoop1.jpg]

[image=http://kellilla.com/stuff/bigscoop2.jpg]

[image=http://kellilla.com/stuff/bigscoop3.jpg]
    Hahaha!! I love that picture.

20. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Muley's rather resourceful, ain't he??

I wish I could find whoever took the picture of him holding Elmo's head like a prize, too.

BTW: It's funny in that second picture that John is posed as if saying, "You lookin' at me? You lookin' at ME?! Cause, if you lookin' at me, we gonna have a big prollem!" (That's the best NJ accent I can type in).
  21. gooshy Force Ghost

star 1
    I do what I can ;P Thanks for the pics, Kell!
  22. StarBlazerM31 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ooo...I look scary. And I'm not just saying that because I take bad pics. :p

'Course...I think most of us were tired of kids by the end of that day. *shudder*

Evil chitlin's...

-Darth Grace [face_skull]
  23. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    I think the day raised $37K with about 6,000 attendees!! Thanks for the help, gang!
  24. StarBlazerM31 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I found out that my cousin was at the Big Scoop. Heh...probably a good thing that I didn't see her.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.